Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

-A is revealed soon? [MAJOR SPOLIER WARNING - DON'T READ IF YA DON'T WANNA KNOW]:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a242896/little-liars-a-is-discovered-soon.html

I haven't read that myself, i don't wanna know.

Outstanding episode!!!....easily the best thus far!, some shocker right at the end!
    It was the best written ep. by far - absolute class at the very end with crossing out the popluation number!!

Is Emily killed off?....nah, be class though if they were being knocked off one at a time! :-)
    It had some witty dialogue as well, tht Mona one is a right cow!

That ep. was really tense as well!, i bet it's gonna be a real ratings winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

What a cliff-hanger!

I really hope Emily is not dead.......she just has to get it on with Mia!

So what did happen last summer.....I am dying to know!

I bet Jenna is not blind? She kinda creeps me out!

Best episode yet......:)

^ i still don't think Jenna is -A, and i don't think that Max dude is -A either, it'll be someone we won't expect, someone who had a beef with -A + the other girls.
    I can't see Emily dying, maybe she fell or something, i'm not into girls fashion or anything...but Aria's dress was stunning, i was like wow...she looks hot!

Interesting news on Alloy Entertainment being sold: http://www.deadline.com/2010/06/zalnickmedia-buys-gossip-girl-producer/

Surprising it was sold as it was very succussful with several hits under it's belt...i wonder will this change future direction of Alloy shows?

• Advertisement

As expected...huge ratings, 2.7m....all the key demos up, it could crack 3 million by end of season....it might just overtake Secret Life:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/14/abc-family%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%9Cpretty-little-liars%E2%80%9D-hits-another-series-high-in-key-18-34-demos/57160

Final numbers:

Pretty Little Liars (8pm)
    - 2.692 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 0.9/3 A18-49
    - 2.5/9 W18-34
    - 3.4/14 T12-17

Make It or Break It
    - 1.561 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.6/2 A18-49
    - 1.1/3 W18-34
    - 1.8/7 T12-17

Woot!...ep. 7 "The Homecoming Hangover" is now out, also out is the tv movie "Revenge Of The Bridesmaids" which aired Sunday night on ABCF, it did well in the ratings and has gotten good reviews:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/20/raven-symone-in-abc-family-movie-revenge-of-the-bridesmaids-tops-with-women-18-34-18-49/57706

The most uneventful episode so far.

I will miss Toby he was a good character....It will be interesting to see how Jenna will react now.

I don't think whoever A is has been introduced as yet.

Glad Mia and Emily are getting together.

Hannah's character is becoming more likable.....the geek will get the girl!

Spencer is super sexy.....what a car she drives!

What will happen with Mr.Fitz........

Looking forward to next weeks show......I am starting to like the gloved bandit at the end of the shows!!

^ i felt the same, very weak...it was all about hookups and boys, they didn't even explain what happened to Emily!?

I don't think Toby is dead either, he'll re-appear i bet, i agree and i've said this from the start, Spencer oozes sexyness....you can tell she's well into kissing those guys :-)
    -A hasn't been introduced yet...it won't be Toby or Jenna, it's gonna be someone we won't expect.

I'm thinking that geek guy might be a prime suspect, or Mona...but even then whatever name comes up in the season finale will be a red herring. Sara Shepard got a cameo...the writer of the books, i thought she did ok, she was quite natural in front of the camera.

But yeah, that was the most filler ep. thus far.

Ratings down, no surprise considering the ep:

- 2.553 million viewers
    - 1.5/3 HH
    - 0.9/3 A18-49
    - 2.1/8 W18-34
    - 3.2/13 T12-17

Make It or Break It
    - 1.458 million viewers
    - 0.9/2 HH
    - 0.5/2 A18-49
    - 1.2/4 W18-34
    - 1.8/6 T12-17

MIOBI is doomed if it keeps going down like this.

• Advertisement

Ep. 8 - not too bad, better then last week...but not amazing, we got a bit more info about --A, loved how A pinned the blame on Spencer...lol!, and who the hell is Ian?, two ep. left, you can guarantee a mid season cliffhanger, us all thinking...ooh we know who A is, like heck!

First off, i doubt the producers have decided who A is, considering if they get 3/4 seasons they can't just reveal A in series one, red herring after red herring....i'm liking Hannah's geek boy though!, something about that guy....i bet A tourtured the chap.

Will Ezra come back ?...Emily and Maya...them actresses were WAY into that kiss, nearly ate the face offf each other!! :-)

Yeah it is back on track!

I don't know how they would drag it out for another few seasons......That will prove difficult to keep viewers!

Toby is alive!

I'm still convinced that Jenna is not blind......there is just something about her!

The next 2 episodes will be great.....I hope Mr. Fitz is gone......boring character and I don't really see his relevance at all.

The KISS.....nice......Maya was way into it.They are a stunning looking couple! Did you know that Emily is half Irish!

Roll on next week! :)

^ see, in a show like this you need "forbiden teacher love", Ezra sends the tweenies into a tizzy :-)

They'll drag it out by throwing up "suspects" all over the place, i do like the way they add those prologues at the end of each ep. when the credits roll.

I think episode 9 could be quite good (spoilers ahead): http://ontheflix.com/2010/07/28/pretty-little-liars-ep-9-spoilers-girls-start-crazy-drama-in-storm-more/

Ratings for Monday: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/28/tuesday-cable-deadliest-catch-covert-affairs-white-collar-pretty-little-liars-warehouse-13-teen-mom-more/58465

Pretty Little Liars’ 2.52 million viewers wasn’t much of a drop from last week, but it is continuing to bleed with its target demo of women 18-34 dropping from a 2.5 rating two weeks ago to a 2.1 last week, to a 1.9 last night. By comparison, last night MTV’s Teen Mom had a 3.6 rating in that demographic.

- 2.516 million viewers
    - 1.6/3 HH
    - 0.9/3 A18-49
    - 1.9/7 W18-34
    - 3.5/14 T12-17

Make It or Break It
    - 1.664 million viewers
    - 1.0/2 HH
    - 0.5/1 A18-49
    - 1.0/3 W18-34
    - 2.1/7 T12-17

While MIOBI was up in overall viewers from last week (200,000) the crucial W18-34 demo is down to a 1.0, at this level it's a case of RIP for the show. And consder there are five episodes left, ABC Family will play out all the eps. but if things don't improve sharpish they will have to decide which of Huge or MIOBI deserves to continue.

The real PLL...some mad stories, but i'd take some of them with a grain of salt:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1578873/board/thread/167700725?p=1

FINALLY!...some common sense and reality on PLL, Spencer's mom totally P'wned creepy cop dude!!, all season he's been "question"/harrasing the girls without an adult present, making wild accusations and getting in their grill.

But Spencer's mom (a lawyer) totally put him in his place!...but, it was a vehicle to end the character as the actor is moving on to Fox's Lonestar. Pretty good ep. last night....what did i say about Hannah's geek guy Lucas?....muddy shoe's my darlings.

Toldja!...another suspect gets thrown into the mix, mid season finale next week...returns January 2011 for 12 eps.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

They better keep A the same in the TV series as in the books!!

^ they won't...again, the producers have said they will *NOT* follow the books, in the books the killer was
    Hannah's friend, Mona
    ....the producers won't follow this.

In other news, ratings for both Make It Or Break It + PLL are up: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/04/tuesday-cable-warehouse-13-pretty-little-liars-memphis-beat-teen-mom-more/59126

Tuesday Cable Finals:

- 2.550 million viewers
    - 1.7/3 HH
    - 0.9/3 A18-49
    - 2.2/8 W18-34
    - 3.5/14 T12-17

Make It or Break It
    - 1.745 million viewers
    - 1.2/2 HH
    - 0.6/2 A18-49
    - 1.3/4 W18-34
    - 2.3/8 T12-17
    --> big rise here for MIOBI in overall viewers + key demos also up, Tuesdays ep. was actually pretty good and fun! I'm just hoping ABC Family choose to give this show another 10 eps. over that turkey Huge....which is a dreadful show, Monday nights ep. was just terrible.

Mid season finale tonite!!...i predicte record ratings!

• Advertisement

OOH!....great stuff, loads of twists and new suspects thrown into the mix!....so is --A Ian?. nah!...way too easy to be him. Thing is with the new revelations Melissa is now a suspect!

I suspect she found out about Alison and Ian, so that'll be a reason for her to want to kill Alison, also that flashback scene with Spencer and Ian kissing, if Alison and Ian were seeing each other when she (Spencer) kissed Ian then it gives reason for Alison pinning the blame on Spencer.

I doubt Toby is the cuplrit, in fact they thrown a load more suspects into the mix now, i'd say that was the best ep. of the season!....loads of twists/drama in the mix.
    Roll on January 2011!!!!!!!

I have to agree a fantastic episode!

I really liked Hannah's character....I hope she is not dead.

No mention of Lucas in this episode either......his muddy shoes!

Emily's mum also has the photos which will be interesting.

Lots of drama and twists.

I can't wait until January......too long a break!

Richard please keep us updated of any news. Thanks in advance. :)

^ will do!....yeah that was a nice bit where --A sent Emily's mom a pic of her snogging Maya...snogging?, what am i ? 12? :-)

We still don't know what happened to Emily at the dance, twas never explained. Why are they throwing that storyline with Hannah's mom stealing cash from the old lady?....i didn't see the point of that.

I'm not sure but i *think* the car that hit Hannah was Ezra's...wasn't it?
    Anyways i'm sure we'll be getting lots of spoilers over the coming months....i'll report ratings for last night when they appear.

OMG!...i knew it, ratings MONSTER!...it broke 3 million!

- 3.071 million viewers
    - 2.0/4 HH
    - 1.1/3 A18-49
    - 2.4/8 W18-34
    - 4.2/16 T12-17

Make It or Break It
    - 1.558 million viewers
    - 1.1/2 HH
    - 0.5/2 A18-49
    - 1.1/3 W18-34
    - 2.1/7 T12-17

Second part of season 1 (12 episodes) starts shooting in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 NikitaP

I just started watching PLL a couple of weeks ago online, and it's freakin addicting!!
    Also I'm a big Lucy Hale fan and it's great to see that she's a main character in this.
    On episode 8, nearly through the first half :/ but happy that they're going to start shooting next month :D

[WARNING - MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD, INCL. UPCOMING EPISODE TITLES, SYNOPSIS ETC.!!!!]

pretty-little-liars-abc-family-636.jpg

http://prettylittleliars.us/

Two new characters added: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a281116/pretty-little-liars-casts-two-new-roles.html

Two new Pretty Little Liars characters have been announced.

The show's network, ABC Family, revealed that future episodes will see the introduction of Caleb and Simone.

Caleb, who is described as a "bad boy", will be played by former Days of our Lives actor Tyler Blackburn.

Meanwhile, Supernatural and Veronica Mars star Alona Tal has signed up to play Simone. She is expected to cause "a lot of drama" for one of the existing characters.

Neither Caleb nor Simone appeared in the Pretty Little Liars novel series.

Pretty Little Liars is expected to return for new episodes in January on ABC Family.

^??....i guess one must expect the producers to not follow the books.

Great casting news here!, Lindsey was the best part of the sadly axed 10 Things I Hate about You:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a281878/lindsey-shaw-joins-pretty-little-liars.html

Lindsey Shaw has signed up for a guest role in Pretty Little Liars.

According to E! Online, the actress will appear in two episodes of the show.

Her character Paige McCullers is on the swim team with Emily Fields (Shay Mitchell). However, Paige is said to be hugely competitive and believes Emily is in her way.

Shaw previously starred as Kat Stratford in the television version of 10 Things I Hate About You, which was cancelled by ABC Family earlier this year.

Pretty Little Liars is expected to return for new episodes on ABC Family in January - [edit] - it starts Monday January 3rd!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Started watching this on VIVA and loved it. I was expecting it to be like Gossip Girl but it's not. Thinking about streaming some more episodes :D

Advertisement