Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Gucky wrote: »
    Sky plus app is the best app I have laid eyes on yet!
    It's 100%free, though does require you to have a subscription to sky!
    One swipe of your finger brings up the while list of sky channels. Say if your at work, and someone mentions a really food
    movie/show that is on in an hour?
    This app synchs with your sky box at home. Sonafter a hard days graft your programmer should be in your digi box!
    Tv plus does the same , better tv guide aswell . Only problem is you have to pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭missyfirefly

Sorry to be asking this if this has already been asked/answered on this thread.

Does anyone know of a Free App that's let you use online forum easily??

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

go to m.boards.ie
    click the + sign and click add to homepage, ya will get a little icon on the homescreen that will use the mobile version of boards

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭missyfirefly

Works perfectly! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Is there an iPhone App to track the value of investment fund such as the ones available on Rabo Direct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

mixednuts wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned before but CONCERT VAULT is a must for music lovers.
    I am loving it !

Gets my vote for #1 free App to date.

Wow...really amazing app which is def no 1 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Does any one know of an app that has a list of football scores and fixtures from different leagues like italy greece and turkey? Ireland aswell but but i can only live in hope:rolleyes:. The only ones I found never had all the leagues. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Brian017

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Does any one know of an app that has a list of football scores and fixtures from different leagues like italy greece and turkey? Ireland aswell but but i can only live in hope:rolleyes:. The only ones I found never had all the leagues. Thanks

Did you try iSoccer. Not free though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

vv

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

AntoSRFC wrote: »

Www.livescore.com (defaults to iPhone page)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I put this one on my phone yesterday but I keep getting 'can't connect to the network' up on the screen. It also says 'please quit and try again later'.
    Anyone know the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Also a problem with the concert vault app. It won't play the song in full, only in patches. Also the browse section doesn't seem to work.
    My reception isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Captain Iggy

There's a really good free game called iBomber

You're in a plane dropping bombs on enemy targets.

It's fun and if you play it too much, you end up thinking like

strangelove.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭bullpost

Stanza is a fantastic e-reader. realistic page-turning and links to loads of classic free novels - Charles Dickens etc.
    Big Oven - Cookery. Over 170,000 recipes, leftover wizard and ability to upload recipes and do shopping lists plus some other social networking type stuff like see who's cooking tonight etc.
    ORB - If you store your music on a PC this gives you access to all your music/videos/movies on the iphone so no more limitations on music due to memory size - you need to install the app. on the PC as well.
    NFSU - Need for Speed Undercover - great racing app with amazing graphics .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

WTF ??!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Is anyone able to get the sky+ app to work. i can never get mine to work, it just says there's a problem and try later! would be a great app if it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

I came across tapatalk yesterday. It's great for sites that use vBulletin software that don't already have a mobile version of the site (AVForums is the one I use most). No more pinching, pulling and dragging! It cost €2.39 and I'm getting a good thrill out of using it!!

Just got a free App from Cydia named "LastApp"

It's exactly what the iPhone is missing.
    Are you fed up with having to close one App to go back to the last one you had open , then back again ?
    (e.g) You are in Safari but wanna open your mail quickly , means you have you close Safari , open mail , close mail , back into Safari.:(

Well "LastApp" will allow to quickly toggle between 2 of the last Apps open , or set certain buttons or motions (great addition) to toggle between certain Apps.

I have set it up so if I'm in Safari I quickly shake my device and it will open my mail , another shake and I'm back into Safari . :)

it's bacically CTRL ALT for your phone :)

Well worth the 0c price .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just got a free App from Cydia named "LastApp"

It's exactly what the iPhone is missing.
    Are you fed up with having to close one App to go back to the last one you had open , then back again ?
    (e.g) You are in Safari but wanna open your mail quickly , means you have you close Safari , open mail , close mail , back into Safari.:(

Well "LastApp" will allow to quickly toggle between 2 of the last Apps open , or set certain buttons or motions (great addition) to toggle between certain Apps.

I have set it up so if I'm in Safari I quickly shake my device and it will open my mail , another shake and I'm back into Safari . :)

it's bacically CTRL ALT for your phone :)

Well worth the 0c price .

Great share - I'm DLing it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

keane2097 wrote: »
    Great share - I'm DLing it now :)

Please excuse my newbieness (my phone is only arriving today), but am i right in saying that this only works on a jailbroken phone?

Is there an equivalent app for a un-jb phone?

• Advertisement

DonalN wrote: »
    Please excuse my newbieness (my phone is only arriving today), but am i right in saying that this only works on a jailbroken phone?

Is there an equivalent app for a un-jb phone?

Only if jailbroken yes - I don't know of an app store alternative.

ok thanks - trying to find one now - sounds very handy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

it's bacically CTRL ALT for your phone

Or ALT Tab no? :P

:o
    Or ALT Tab no? :P

CTRL , TAB .... Toma"toe" , Tomato :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Is anyone able to get the sky+ app to work. i can never get mine to work, it just says there's a problem and try later! would be a great app if it worked

I was having that problem...

Here's how to fix it...go onto my sky homepage and remove the remote record feature from your account...then add another user...then make that user the primary user and start using remote record again...log into tv plus or sky+ with your new username and it'll work then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

I was having that problem...

Here's how to fix it...go onto my sky homepage and remove the remote record feature from your account...then add another user...then make that user the primary user and start using remote record again...log into tv plus or sky+ with your new username and it'll work then

thanx for your help, but this has been far to hard to fellow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Here is one I got today. i€Bank its handy for AIB customers. Its costs €1.59. :)

mzladmyulzo480x48075.jpg

Here is one I got today. i€Bank its handy for AIB customers. Its costs €1.59. :)

mzladmyulzo480x48075.jpg

That sounds well dodgy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

keane2097 wrote: »
    That sounds well dodgy...

Sure does , If aib brought it out then maybe it would be a different story

• Advertisement

Is there an App for VF like the O2 MyBill one?...for keeping track of your account?

Advertisement