Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Mauricmo wrote: »
    Filmon is brilliant!

Loads of channels available and can be used over 3g and goes HD over wi-fi.

Whats the catch? Is it only temporarily free and are there othere apps like this?

FilmOn was available for the past few months through the Safari browser. It was free at the start but after a while they eventually took in a subscription service. I'm pretty sure they'll do the same with the app after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Any game out there like Beehive Bedlam that's on Sky Interactive available on the App Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Can anyone recommend a good to-do list app? They seem to be dime-a-dozen with a lot of mixed reviews. Don't know where to start.

Evernote

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

bc dub wrote: »
    Evernote
    Can you create them in the app? If so, how?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

You just open the app and add your note. if you download the desktop app for your home pc you can synchronise your notes to show up when your at home. And vice versa.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

That's grand for taking notes, but I'm looking for a to-do list. I want to be able to be make entries and check them off as I complete them. I use Evernote already and the desktop version does support to-do lists but not the iOS version.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That's grand for taking notes, but I'm looking for a to-do list. I want to be able to be make entries and check them off as I complete them. I use Evernote already and the desktop version does support to-do lists but not the iOS version.

Toodledo is good, Things or Remember the milk.

Toodledo is my personal favourite, ajax web based service, syncs with outlook, nice iPad/iPhone interface. Supports contexts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

I like Awesome Note for notes and todo lists.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Can anyone recommend a good to-do list app? They seem to be dime-a-dozen with a lot of mixed reviews. Don't know where to start.
    I think iOS 5 has a new kinda to-do list app.

Ahh - here we go. :)

You'll have to wait a month or so though!

Reminders in iOS 5 looks perfect. I'll use a free app until then. Cheers, guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Anyone know what the story with the ESPN Goals app that they are still advertising is?
    I cant find it in the App Store at all!is it UK only?

Also,I know theres loads of alternative apps for the iphone camera (I use Camera+) but is there alternative video recording apps?
    Not interested in adding effects etc,just recording video as usual,just maybe a better/easier interface?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Songify is great craic,especially with a few beers.Basically you just talk into the mic and it autotunes what you say into a song with a choice of music styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Bejewleed 2 is free today. My favourite iphone game

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Check out Wunderlist. Works a treat for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Shop shop. Very simple but I like it. Free.
    Just a list and you can tick them off as you go along.
    It's more a list that 'to do' but I use it for lists of films to watch, books to read etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Is there any app that lets you password protect a single app or a folder?

You need to be jailbroken AFAIK.

Lockdown Pro is what I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Apologies if these have been mentioned before;

Came across a good app for anyone interested in aviation/airplanes called iPlane.CIV which has information on most civilian airline fleats as well as aircraft info and lots of pictures.

Also for any amateur foodies, ask the butcher has diagrams of meat cuts for beef, lamb, pork and veal and information on all the cuts with a timer to cook them how you want. pretty handy I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Is there any app that lets you password protect a single app or a folder?

Yeah of jailbroken, another is locktopus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Will_H

Reminders in iOS 5 looks perfect. I'll use a free app until then. Cheers, guys.

I use Alarmed. It's free, and includes a to-do list (Reminders), which shows your Active & Completed reminders/tasks which you can also add notes to. It's the simplest & the best I've found out there.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alarmed-reminders-timers-alarm/id371886784?mt=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Is there any app that records voice calls?:confused:

Edited: Sounded a bit creepy. Say if someone calls out a number / address / information. Something I can just press record on and it records the call and can then be played back.

Will_H wrote: »
    I use Alarmed. It's free, and includes a to-do list (Reminders), which shows your Active & Completed reminders/tasks which you can also add notes to. It's the simplest & the best I've found out there.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/alarmed-reminders-timers-alarm/id371886784?mt=8

I fully endorse this.Nice app,works as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pansyflower

Is there an app that gives you your balance on Three.
    Bookmarks/Planet 3 isn't always available and sometimes a read-out is better than a spoken balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

Is there an app that gives you your balance on Three.
    Bookmarks/Planet 3 isn't always available and sometimes a read-out is better than a spoken balance.

I always just log into the three site to check it but my girlfriend recently got an iphone with three and the fella in the shop just set up a bookmark that she can press to automatically get the info. I have to log in with username and password every time...
    Anyone know how to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Is there any app to allow you to change the icon and name of an app???

Is there any app to allow you to change the icon and name of an app???
    No, you'd have to jailbreak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Some questions guys,

1. Is there an app that tells you where you are located at that moment in time. I live in Seoul, in the top 5 biggest cities in the world and street signs aren't very clear, so is there a Gps for people's location so to speak? A free one if possilbe?

2. Am I missing something blatantly obvious or something, but I can't find any reminder function on my iphone 4. If the thing I want to remember is that day, I can just use an alarm but if it's not for the current day I can't figure out what to do.

3. What handy things can you do by shaking the phone?

4. Is there any way of getting to the bottom of a web page real quick, the way that you can get back to the top of the page by tapping the top bar?

That's all I can thnk of. If anyone can help with any of them, that'd be great.

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

kraggy wrote: »
    Some questions guys,

1. Is there an app that tells you where you are located at that moment in time. I live in Seoul, in the top 5 biggest cities in the world and street signs aren't very clear, so is there a Gps for people's location so to speak? A free one if possilbe?

2. Am I missing something blatantly obvious or something, but I can't find any reminder function on my iphone 4. If the thing I want to remember is that day, I can just use an alarm but if it's not for the current day I can't figure out what to do.

3. What handy things can you do by shaking the phone?

4. Is there any way of getting to the bottom of a web page real quick, the way that you can get back to the top of the page by tapping the top bar?

That's all I can thnk of. If anyone can help with any of them, that'd be great.

Thanks a million.
    1. Google maps (its already on your phone)

2. In the calendar or search for a reminder app in the app store

3. Signal for help in a dark place

4.No

When typing, shaking the phone will give you the option to undo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

kraggy wrote: »
    iOS 5 is coming soon and includes an official reminders/shopping list/to do list type app.

Was sorely lacking although there are a whole load of custom apps.

Advertisement