Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

kraggy wrote: »
    Is there an app for counting your minutes? Or should my provider provide a counting system for me?

I'm not with an Irish provider however. I'm in Korea.

Try Consume. Not sure if it will work in Korea though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There's a free version of drop7 now, think tetris meets sudoku and you'll get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Anyone know of any Apps for keeping track of GAA scores....?
    Theres loads out there for keeping track of heaps of different sports but I can't find one that allows me to register points and goals etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FrPhelimYoung

Any sign of this new Sky Go App yet??? Supposed to be out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

What is it.....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Any sign of this new Sky Go App yet??? Supposed to be out today.

Apparently it was up in the store about 2 hours ago but was taken down soon afterwards

What happened to the sky mobile tv app? Didn't they start charging for it? how come this one is free?

sky go app still not on the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

iBlueNova doiesn't seem to work anymore, anyone know any alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

celeste is a bluetooth file transfer tool but it's 10 dollars i think

• Registered Users Posts: 45 cin0

guil wrote: »
    celeste is a bluetooth file transfer tool but it's 10 dollars i think

afaik, celeste doesn't work on 4.3.3

• Advertisement

Is there any app that's better than the standard facebook app? It's just awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Misticles wrote: »
    Is there any app that's better than the standard facebook app? It's just awful!

I just use mobile facebook through safari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Is there any way of getting VLC player on your phone now that the app is gone from the app store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

kraggy wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting VLC player on your phone now that the app is gone from the app store?

here maybe?
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/#download

i got it from the appstore when it was on it,surely cydia have it or a variation of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

the new Times (London) app is very impressive. Free too for a limited period.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

My eldest just got an iTouch for her birthday,and there's a few things we cannot get working:
    Safari - even going to some of apple.com's own pages, it keeps putting up an error message: 'Cannot Open Page - Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occured'
    There is no 'Store' app on the screen - although under Settings, I have input my apple id.
    We cannot seem to navigate to Game Center at all. Set up, with apple log-in, and go to the 'Games' button, select 'Find Center Games', it opens (buggy Safari...), and .....nothing. This time I get 'Cannot Open Page. Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid'. And this from apple's own installed app ?
    Cannot get Blueface to install, either.

So, anyone been down this road, seen any of these issues before ?

TIA as they say........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

For the jail broken among you...
    Swype, the fantastic android swiping keyboard is now unofficially available for iOS. It's still in beta so it's not near as slick as the android version yet but word is that it's come on in leaps and bounds even in the last few days so it's safe to expect good things from it. For anyone who wants to give it a try these are the instructions :
    (Incidentally if you don't know what it is google "swype for android" and check out some YouTube videos. It honestly is a typing revolution.It has sped my typing up no end.)

To install:

Open Cydia
    Tap “Manage” at the bottom
    Tap “Sources”
    Press “Edit” (top right)
    Press “Add” (top left)
    enter the following:
    wynd.x10.mx

Now search for iswipe in Cydia and install. It will enable automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 karljd

Just back from Turkey,the xecom currency app was a gift.Work's without internet once you update it whenever you get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

stick stunt biker- a simple bike game, simple but nice graphics.- get the bike over obstacles and to the finish line in quikest time. accelerat, brake controls. Great game.

Fruit Ninja- cut fruit, if you miss you lose a life. sounds crap but is good. Try the lite version first.

islash- good but a bit too hard when you need the final 1% or so.

Any way of stopping auto rotate?? Really annoying imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

For the jail broken among you...
    Swype, the fantastic android swiping keyboard is now unofficially available for iOS. It's still in beta so it's not near as slick as the android version yet but word is that it's come on in leaps and bounds even in the last few days so it's safe to expect good things from it. For anyone who wants to give it a try these are the instructions :
    (Incidentally if you don't know what it is google "swype for android" and check out some YouTube videos. It honestly is a typing revolution.It has sped my typing up no end.)

To install:

Open Cydia
    Tap “Manage” at the bottom
    Tap “Sources”
    Press “Edit” (top right)
    Press “Add” (top left)
    enter the following:
    wynd.x10.mx

Now search for Swype in Cydia and install. It will enable automatically.

EXCELLENT stuff, gonna have fun texting with this tomorrow I think!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Misticles wrote: »
    Any way of stopping auto rotate?? Really annoying imo

Bring up multitasking bar, swipe right, and tap the circular arrow

Brian017 wrote: »
    Bring up multitasking bar, swipe right, and tap the circular arrow

Laymens please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Double click home button, swipe left to right and click the circular arrow.

+1 on the fruit ninja,great game!

also tetris,you cant go wrong on an aul game of tetris.some interesting new additions to it too.

both are only 79c aswell,endless fun/time killing.

galwaytt wrote: »
    My eldest just got an iTouch for her birthday,and there's a few things we cannot get working:
    Safari - even going to some of apple.com's own pages, it keeps putting up an error message: 'Cannot Open Page - Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occured'
    There is no 'Store' app on the screen - although under Settings, I have input my apple id.
    We cannot seem to navigate to Game Center at all. Set up, with apple log-in, and go to the 'Games' button, select 'Find Center Games', it opens (buggy Safari...), and .....nothing. This time I get 'Cannot Open Page. Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid'. And this from apple's own installed app ?
    Cannot get Blueface to install, either.

So, anyone been down this road, seen any of these issues before ?

TIA as they say........

maybe try restoring it from scratch and setting it up as a new device?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jdunne08

is it possible to get the app "find my iPhone" on 1st or 2nd generation ipod touches? do i have to jailbreak it maybe?

google+ app is out http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google/id447119634?mt=8#

won't work on ipod touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 daphne57

There are many apps, you can use your phine to search.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bedstuybosco

any microsoft word reader apps?

Advertisement