Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Wiill a Boards App ever be made? i know there is Boards Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

STIG83 wrote: »

heres hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Apple just released iWork for iPhone and iPod touch. Think its just the iPhone 4 and newest touch. Can't see it on the irish app store yet. Free for those who bought the iPad versions

CMpunked wrote: »
    heres hoping :)

Hopefully because the Boards mobile is only ok, i find it awkward to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

Here's how I got my Pages and Numbers onto my iPhone4...

Pages and Numbers did not appear in automatic update on iPad.
    On iPad, go into App Store and search for Pages, Numbers.
    The button will now say "Update" so tap it.
    Sync your iPad back to your computer.
    Pages, Numbers etc will appear as universal app in iTunes.
    Plug in your iPhone and it will move it to your iPhone.

This is at least one way that worked.

There may be a progressive "rollout" so be patient.

IMG_0204.pngIMG_0205.pngIMG_0206.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Pages is working fine on my 3GS. No need to transfer the app from your iPad. Just find it on the App Store on the iPhone and tap the buy button. It will recognise that you've already purchased it and download to your iPhone for free. It's the same for all apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Is there a way to transfer apps fromn2 iTunes account.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hopefully because the Boards mobile is only ok, i find it awkward to use.
    There is talk about an official app - but there's definitely a Boards mobile update coming in the future.

Dades wrote: »
    There is talk about an official app - but there's definitely a Boards mobile update coming in the future.

Cheers, that be great!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

phill106 wrote: »
    started playing "the heist", loving it!
    Puzzle game, and has some nice usage of the iphone, for example you receive "phonecalls" during the game. I didnt know about it, thought it was real for a second, and was wondering who the hell was ringing me, and how did I have a pic saved for them!

Loving this it's so adictive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

emc2 wrote: »
    Loving this it's so adictive.

I found it very short, finished it in a day, does anyone think there will there be updates with new levels and safes to crack?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Got a good few hours entertainemnt from the 'Say What You See' App. You get the Music 'canvas' free and can pick one other free. I chose US TV Dramas. Wife selected horror films

Basically its visual clues to getting the names right. Clever stuff, and kept me occupied

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

The Google Maps app that comes on the iphone...
    Is it possible to send a route you have selected via email or mms or anything?if it is i must be blind because i cant see it??!!??

Also,i wonder is there any chance ryanair might start using or accepting iphone boarding cards instead of printing?
    theres a few airlines allowing it now.

also,satnav apps...

i have skobbler lite and its grand,i also have Nav Free UK & Ireland...are there any better ones?dont mind paying for a good app,just not tomtom prices.
    stand alone (no data connection required) satnav apps if possible...?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

i downloaded the HBO Go app from the us store and i cannot get it to work it comes up with a message an internet connection is needed to access the HBO GO app please try again, im trying to use it on wifi!! can anyone help??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

lollb wrote: »
    i downloaded the HBO Go app from the us store and i cannot get it to work it comes up with a message an internet connection is needed to access the HBO GO app please try again, im trying to use it on wifi!! can anyone help??

It won't work I'm afraid. Firstly you'd need to be using a VPN and secondly the HBO content is only available to those with an American cable tv account for HBO services on their tv.Once you've connected to the app it asks you for details of that account before it will work.I haven't found any work around online.
    It's a pity but there you go,HBO were never going to give anything away for free.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

ah thats a pity thanks anyway!! anyone get any good free apps from the us store?

barryd09 wrote: »
    Is it possible to send a route you have selected via email or mms or anything?if it is i must be blind because i cant see it??!!??

Also,i wonder is there any chance ryanair might start using or accepting iphone boarding cards instead of printing?

That would be so handy!! but would there be problems scanning the barcode on the Iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

First touch soccer is excellent beter than pro evo and fifa in my opinion and it's only 79c at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

barryd09 wrote: »

Not unless they charge people 40 euro to download the app and 5 euro everytime you want to open a boarding pass :p

lizt wrote: »
    Not unless they charge people 40 euro to download the app and 5 euro everytime you want to open a boarding pass :p

i cant see any sort of real way of contacting ryanair to ask them on their website,every link links back to another link etc.
    its all about phoning them and i dont think i can be arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,043 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

just try the next time you are flying,
    bring a paper copy, and ask them to scan the iphone first

Does anybody know of a good forum app for the iPhone that works with Boards.ie?

I know there's a boards.ie mobile site, that's what i use at the moment, and a web app icon on my iphone menu, but TBH the mobile site is not the best on the iphone, particularly for composing and editing posts, the font is microscopic for all but reading through threads. I was looking for something that's a little more user friendly, but any of the forum apps i tried out on app store don't recognize or work with the site :(

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Fragger (as recommended here) is very addictive....and very good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

A few things i find helpful are;
    • Double tap the block of text your trying to read. Its a lot better than pinching.
    • landscape orientation is your friend.
    • when writing in the text box, the view should zoom right in on the block. If it doesnt, reload the page and dont try and pinch or anything, just tap the block.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

From the makers of Words With Friends comes 'Hanging With Friends' a hangman type game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Xing player is a media player that plays any songs from your iPod app and automatically loads the lyrics. it's really good.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    A few things i find helpful are;
    • Double tap the block of text your trying to read. Its a lot better than pinching.
    • landscape orientation is your friend.
    • when writing in the text box, the view should zoom right in on the block. If it doesnt, reload the page and dont try and pinch or anything, just tap the block.
    Thanks for that. I use all of that stuff, and reading posts is fine but writing them is terrible. There is no option to zoom the page in, it just doesn't work, it's one size only, and the font is tiny. So small that I can barely see a typo, which leads to lots of hassle editing posts to correct mistakes. Also I don't use landscape much, two handed browsing isn't as handy.

It's a real shame, cos the rest of the mobile interface is fine. Does boards have any cash to get an app developed? I would pay handsomely for it if they did.

Advertisement