Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

the tv3 app is free today (it was a paid app wasnt it ?)

boardsdeals has a free app now

skyscanner is a fantastic app for price comparisons for flights between any airport...works very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

coolegrain wrote: »
    the tv3 app is free today (it was a paid app wasnt it ?)

cheers for that,it was a paid app alright :)

is there an app/website for telling you what apps are reduced in price or currently free?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭coolegrain

barryd09 wrote: »

is there an app/website for telling you what apps are reduced in price or currently free?

yes....i use the app 'freebies' for that....it gives a daily updated list of about 30 or 40 different ones each day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dam34

Hi Folks,
    Could anyone tell me a good free app for reading word, excel documents.

I've the document stored in Dropbox but want to save them onto my phone and then view etc.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Is whatsapp down for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Misticles wrote: »
    Is whatsapp down for anyone else?

Yeah it's been a bit patchy all day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

coolegrain wrote: »

skyscanner is a fantastic app for price comparisons for flights between any airport...works very fast

^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Does anyone know of an app like Beluga that allows group chat on both IOS devices and computers, but doesn't crash all the time?

Battery Doctor Pro - Does it make a difference??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Battery Doctor Pro - Does it make a difference??

Yeah disimproves battery life.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah disimproves battery life.

Care to explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

Is there any way I can watch .avi files on my iPhone? It takes ages to convert episodes of TV shows etc to transfer over. It'd be lovely to be able to drag and drop .avi files onto the phone and watch them in some app etc. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Is there any way I can watch .avi files on my iPhone? It takes ages to convert episodes of TV shows etc to transfer over. It'd be lovely to be able to drag and drop .avi files onto the phone and watch them in some app etc. Anyone?

I do it using yxplayer bug I'm jailbroken and inthink it may be a jailbreak app. It's really good though.

Vlc player is great & free!not on the app store any more though,google it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I use Buzz player. It allows you to set it up as a webserver, then browse to it from your pc and upload avis, which is a great feature because I hate syncing my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Army of darkness on the app store is free.

Great defense game! Cant stop playing. If you like evil dead, its a good buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

CineXPlayer is what I use. In itunes you just click on file sharing on the top once you've the iphone plugged in, then click add under CineXPlayer and click whatever files you want. Iv watched seasons 1-6 of sex & the city on it with no trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Anyone know where and how I can get celeb voices for either tomtom or navi satNavs? Dying to get either snoop, Mr T or Darth Vader to guide me on my tours.

AutoCorrector. 79 cents on AppStore.

Allows you to add words, phrases, local placenames, etc into your iPhone's dictionary so they don't get autocorrected. Very handy for when apple's brainless OS thinks it knows better than you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You can just type a word into google and search it and it won't get autocorrected anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Egg Vs Chicken is free today, dont know for how long, fun little game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

dee o gee wrote: »
    CineXPlayer is what I use. In itunes you just click on file sharing on the top once you've the iphone plugged in, then click add under CineXPlayer and click whatever files you want. Iv watched seasons 1-6 of sex & the city on it with no trouble.

This is class!! the Iphone will be loaded in two weeks with films to watch when i flying to California :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

STIG83 wrote: »
    This is class!! the Iphone will be loaded in two weeks with films to watch when i flying to California :)

is it better than VLC?
    I have vlc installed but just wondering is this as goood as or better?

iggy wrote: »
    is it better than VLC?
    I have vlc installed but just wondering is this as goood as or better?

I never tried VLC. I was always bothered that you couldnt play AVI files on the Iphone without converting so i got Cinexplayer today and put The Other Guys on my phone, played it with no problems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

VLC does the same thing, but its been removed from the appstore.

Its very handy for flights alright

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dodge wrote: »

Very handy for travelling alright.Not sure about other apps but you can delete stuff from within the VLC app itself which is handy if you run out of space on your phone & youre away,no need to sync to remove stuff.

Very handy for travelling alright.Not sure about other apps but you can delete stuff from within the VLC app itself which is handy if you run out of space on your phone & youre away,no need to sync to remove stuff.

CineXplayer will be a life saver, was looking up the in flight entertainment with US Airways and it looks shocking!! :mad: only decent film i saw on it was The Fighter.
    Will be loading up my IPhone with a few movies i havent watched yet and one or two TV shows.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Don't know if this is a temporary thing - but I've just got the Who Wants to be a Millionaire app for 79 cents. Saw it in the Top Paid app list today.

I seem to recall it was €3.99 previously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Is there an app for counting your minutes? Or should my provider provide a counting system for me?

I'm not with an Irish provider however. I'm in Korea.

Advertisement