Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

LB6 wrote: »
    No - you don't get that choice anymore :(

It did for me last week on Wednesday, I created 2 accounts 1 in US and 1 in Ireland without using a credit card or voucher, just selected none. I wonder if you are asked for 1 using a Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc email address, I was using an email address with my own .com domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

nava wrote: »
    It did for me last week on Wednesday, I created 2 accounts 1 in US and 1 in Ireland without using a credit card or voucher, just selected none. I wonder if you are asked for 1 using a Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc email address, I was using an email address with my own .com domain.

I created a US account last week with a gmail address and just selected the no card option (Did it on itunes on my PC, for the record)

If you go back a few pages you’ll see clear step by step guidelines to creating a free account. Oh and if anyone has a Visa Debit card, itunes will also accept this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Dodge wrote: »
    I created a US account last week with a gmail address and just selected the no card option (Did it on itunes on my PC, for the record)

If you go back a few pages you’ll see clear step by step guidelines to creating a free account. Oh and if anyone has a Visa Debit card, itunes will also accept this
    I think the set up is a bit buggy. When I set up my US account, I think it was on the third attempt that I got the option to select "none" in the payment section, yet as far as I know, I did nothing different than the first two attempts which did not give me that option. I got my UK account set up on the first attempt later on if I remember correctly. If it doesn't work first time, just keep trying, it should work eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

just downloaded an iPhone app for Swords & Dundrum Cinema's. It looks fairly good. You can even use it to book tickets and choose seats. Although, I'm not too sure about the payment security.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dSleeper

Launch Itunes on a pc
    on the left hand side menu chose "ITunes Store"
    Right down the very bottom under the itunes store section choose "App Store"

Over on the right find the "Free Apps" and click on the "free"

Then you can sign in or create an account
    If you use that option to create an account, you dont need a credit card.

I've just checked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hi dSleeper,

I've just done as you suggested.

We get down to the free download, put in her account details and it says that her "Apple ID has not yet been used with the itunes store" and to review it.

We click on review and continue, agree to the t&c's, continue and then review ID details.
    put in the verification question and answer and DOB and continue

Review Payment information. Visa, MC or AE. No free option.

Update - repeated all the above and set up a new account altogether for her and the "none" came up - thank you. You don't know how happy you've made her :-)

That 3v card is coming in the post now too :-) had that sorted before you helped us out.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

OMG!!! Thank you! I so didn't know that! Wonder is there anything else I don't know about! :D

get the iphone secrets app... some obvious stuff in it but theres a few handy hints n tips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Appzilla is good. 90 apps in one for 79 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ivanski72

keane2097 wrote: »
    If you reinstall it it probably asks you if it can use your location when you start it up first, just tell it no and it should work.
    Tried this and no joy.
    I downloaded Newstalk and BBC radio apps for live football too, bugs me when matches are on and all you get is 'this broadcast is not available in your region due to broadcasting and copyright agreements'

Does anyone know a work around for this in Ireland. I find this a major drawback for my iphone, no problems with the old reliable FM receiver on my old phone....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

ivanski72 wrote: »
    Tried this and no joy.
    I downloaded Newstalk and BBC radio apps for live football too, bugs me when matches are on and all you get is 'this broadcast is not available in your region due to broadcasting and copyright agreements'

Does anyone know a work around for this in Ireland. I find this a major drawback for my iphone, no problems with the old reliable FM receiver on my old phone....

I deleted talksport and bbc radio apps and reinstalled them too.
    Neither asked to use my location and still i get the copyright message.

Didnt know it was the same for newstalk too!!sure thats just ridicilous.

Really hope theres a way around this nonsense as i LOVE listening to games on the radio!

Btw,livescore is a great app,bang up to date results but alas no commentary :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Mellor wrote: »
    ...is there anyway to remotelt view a mac's webcam over say wifi ...

Teamviewer have an excellent free remote app. Works very well.
    www.teamviewer.com

Good for any remote work, free for non-commercial use.

barryd09 wrote: »
    Btw,livescore is a great app,bang up to date results but alas no commentary :(

futbol24 is by far the best iphone live score app. Push notifications for as many games as you want.

The BBC commentary thing isn't refined to the iphone of course. You can't listen to it online via the BBC website. Of course its not BBC's choice but rather that of the English Premier League and the FA

Newstalk app is a different story. Don't see why that wouldn't work

The iphone can tell what country you're in from your network. it doesn't need your 'current location', it only needs the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

futbol24 - is there a way to follow certain teams to get push notification of score - or do you have to do it on a match by match basis?

Premier League Spectacular is free and great for Push Notifications - you can follow teams - only prem league games though - and doesn't tell you the scorer on the push notification - notification are very quick though.

Any other push footy apps out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

keith_d99 wrote: »
    futbol24 - is there a way to follow certain teams to get push notification of score - or do you have to do it on a match by match basis?

Premier League Spectacular is free and great for Push Notifications - you can follow teams - only prem league games though - and doesn't tell you the scorer on the push notification - notification are very quick though.

Any other push footy apps out there?

I use EPL Live and My Football 2. EPL Live does the Premier League and only pushes EPL scores, My Football 2 has a long list of leagues and you can follow individual teams and get notifications for all competitions. They can both be a bit flaky at times, thats why I leave the 2 running, although I've had no issues in a good while. One of them also notifies you of the scorer and not just the score, nice feature but I forget which of them it is that does this. I prefer My Football 2 but the push notifications are very fast for either of these 2 apps.

keith_d99 wrote: »

I think match by match, but I've never checked. I'm usually at my team's games so only need the odd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

ivanski72 wrote: »
    Tried this and no joy.

I can get BBC radio to work with wunder radio.

Again, when it asks you about your location on initial startup tell it to GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

keane2097 wrote: »
    I can get BBC radio to work with wunder radio.

Again, when it asks you about your location on initial startup tell it to GTFO.

BBC radio works fine for me on Wunder radio too. It also works with the fstream app and it is free.

BBC radio works fine for me on Wunder radio too. It also works with the fstream app and it is free.

But does it work for live games?thats the only time it doesnt work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

But does it work for live games?thats the only time it doesnt work for me!

It does using wunder radio anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

DMG_49 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good but free map app for Paris?

Not too sure if this is any good for you..

Free today:- iGuide Paris.

• Advertisement

Ok i got FStream,how do i add stations to it?
    Anyone?

Ok i got FStream,how do i add stations to it?
    Anyone?

How to add stations : http://bbcstreams.com/tutorial

BBC stations that you can ad : http://bbcstreams.com/

If you google you'll find all the Irish ones too.

Well actually I did it for you...
    http://www.listenlive.eu/ireland.html
    All you have to do here is right click the windows radio link and copy the address that appears in your browser into fstream.

At least I think that's how it's done. :)

How to add stations : http://bbcstreams.com/tutorial

BBC stations that you can ad : http://bbcstreams.com/

If you google you'll find all the Irish ones too.

Well actually I did it for you...
    http://www.listenlive.eu/ireland.html
    All you have to do here is right click the windows radio link and copy the address that appears in your browser into fstream.

At least I think that's how it's done. :)

youre a gent!

youre a gent!

Haha That's one thing I'm not. I'm a girl.:p

Hope it works out for you.:)

Haha That's one thing I'm not. I'm a girl.:p

Hope it works out for you.:)

feck it,i knew that would happen :pac::pac:

cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

New google ap "Google Places" searches for restaurants, bars etc. nearby and let's people rate them

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/google-places/id406513617?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballbag05

Hi looking for a good iphone4 case for me new phone, nothing too clunky or OTT, sound all

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

ballbag05 wrote: »
    Hi looking for a good iphone4 case for me new phone, nothing too clunky or OTT, sound all

Hi, I use this...

http://www.myincipio.com/iPhone-4-Cases-Accessories/Incipio-iPhone-4-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

and sometimes this...

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reveal-etch-iphone4

and find them both great.

You'll definitely get cheaper out there though....

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

gartcork wrote: »
    Hi, I use this...

http://www.myincipio.com/iPhone-4-Cases-Accessories/Incipio-iPhone-4-feather-Ultralight-Hard-Shell-Case.asp

and sometimes this...

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/reveal-etch-iphone4

and find them both great.

You'll definitely get cheaper out there though....

Can it take the charger and earphone jack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

ballbag05 wrote: »

Try the " which case APP" or try searching in a thread that's not about apps!!!!

Advertisement