Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

thanks guys, was looking for one alright that included the Irish stations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

ac08400 wrote: »
    Tvguide.co.uk is excellent and free and has Irish channels not just uk
    Dodge wrote: »
    Endorsed. Can be customised to have them in whatever order you like. Standard view gives next 3 programme.

Grid view can show all programmes on at a particular time. Very handy little app

x3 great free app!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Broken Sword is free today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

is it any good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I played it on the pc a few months ago. Its quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Mirror's Edge is free today. I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard about it - it has a good reputation. 100MB download.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

bnt wrote: »
    Mirror's Edge is free today. I haven't tried it yet, but I have heard about it - it has a good reputation. 100MB download.

that game is amazing on the xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RyanAsh

Anyone know of an app that shows the usage within ur bill plan ie. how many minutes and texts you've left in the month. I know O2 have one but i need one for Vodafone? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Anyone try the tesco app? It has been updated to include irish stores, but is still not working. Cant find most items, ones it does, it shows as aptamil, and has currency as british pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

phill106 wrote: »
    Anyone try the tesco app? It has been updated to include irish stores, but is still not working. Cant find most items, ones it does, it shows as aptamil, and has currency as british pounds.

The app is just ahead of the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Anyone use Viber?

Seems too good to be true, ie free calls to other Iphone users.

http://techcrunch.com/2010/12/02/viber-iphone/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Anyone use Viber?

Its fine. Uses data, like skype. I viber my mate in Texas, and once we are both on wifi, its effectively free. You can use it over 3g too.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Anyone use Viber?

I downloaded the viber app to my ip4, a few friends have done the same. Reception breaks down a lot on wifi to wifi calls. It's worse on 3G. Reception is crystal for a few moments. It's too unreliable yet. I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Only used it for short calls so far but no problems at all.

They're apparently developing an android version so it might become even more useful

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

RyanAsh wrote: »
    Anyone know of an app that shows the usage within ur bill plan ie. how many minutes and texts you've left in the month. I know O2 have one but i need one for Vodafone? Thanks!
    I use Consume, works fine for me (VF Bill pay). It's not completely up-to-date with usage, but that's the fault of vodafone, their website is not up-to-date, I think around 3 days behind with call usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

TheQ47 wrote: »
    I use Consume, works fine for me (VF Bill pay). It's not completely up-to-date with usage, but that's the fault of vodafone, their website is not up-to-date, I think around 3 days behind with call usage.

Update: screenshot of the app.
    ConsumeScreenShot.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭DMG_49

Anyone know of a good but free map app for Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Can anyone help me please? I got the I-touch for my daughter for Christmas. Great fun until she went to register her account with Apple and it turns out she needs a credit card. She hasn't one. She doesn't want any apps that cost, just the freebies. Is there any way around this? Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

LB6 wrote: »
    Can anyone help me please? I got the I-touch for my daughter for Christmas. Great fun until she went to register her account with Apple and it turns out she needs a credit card. She hasn't one. She doesn't want any apps that cost, just the freebies. Is there any way around this? Thanks in advance.
    Click on a free App on iTunes and try and download and it should give you a none option as payment .

not working for me either - will i have to buy one of those debit card things that you top-up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

When I set up itunes account there was an option to not add credit card.

But ive noticed that option is now gone on the new itunes.

yay apple.... :rolleyes:

yep - that's the way it is on her i-touch now - looks like thats my only option now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Sure whats the point in selling the top up vouchers for itunes when they insist on a credit card on the account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

LB6 wrote: »
    yep - that's the way it is on her i-touch now - looks like thats my only option now :rolleyes:
    Try it on a Laptop or computer if ya have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Sure whats the point in selling the top up vouchers for itunes when they insist on a credit card on the account.

You can create an iTunes account without needing a credit card, if you have a voucher, I did anyways. You can create an account , without needing to enter anything aswell, but as above it seems to be removed.

She has the account set up - so when she goes to the apps store and picks a free to install download, it asks her to review her account info. - she clicks on review and asks her about agreeing to policy and basic details about her. After that then it asks for payment method. Dead end..... bit useless for a youth/adult that doesn't have credit cards.:mad:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So does this method not work anylonger

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

No - you don't get that choice anymore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Just wondering about a radio app...

I have the talksport & bbc radio apps but when they have live commentary of football matches its says 'this broadcast is not available in your region due to broadcasting and copyright agreements'

I know theres other radio apps that access loads of radio stations but what im wondering is do any of these apps bypass this copyright/broadcasting issue in ROI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

barryd09 wrote: »
    Just wondering about a radio app...

I have the talksport & bbc radio apps but when they have live commentary of football matches its says 'this broadcast is not available in your region due to broadcasting and copyright agreements'

I know theres other radio apps that access loads of radio stations but what im wondering is do any of these apps bypass this copyright/broadcasting issue in ROI?

If you reinstall it it probably asks you if it can use your location when you start it up first, just tell it no and it should work.

Advertisement