Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Some sites are "reporting" that Sabin plans to leave when his contract expires later this year. No proof, just some people seem to be able to tell what goes on inside his head.

Not really he will be a rotated in and out X-Division performer if he stays with TNA for the rest of his career. Even on the indies he is probably more valuable as a MCMG. The clock is ticking on him & Alex joining WWE age wise too. Not to mention WWE Network starting up and Rob Naylor being on the NXT/FCW creative team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I wouldn't go banking on the wwe network being a success if I were either of them. If they end up on tv eventually I could just see them being squashed by Ryback or insert nondescript wwe big man.
    They'd be better paid all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

More Joey Ryan working a shoot on Taz. I actually really like this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

- Eric Bischoff is being credited with the Joseph Park angle and the storyline between AJ Styles and Dixie Carter, even though he may not have came up with them in the first place. Bischoff okayed both of them to be pushed prominently. Both angles are considered to be major successes, especially the Dixie-AJ angle because it's the first TNA angle that shows the ability to move ratings, even if it's just quarter-hour ratings.

Apparently he does have a use, even if it was only to give the storylines the time they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

TNA stars Jeff Jarrett, Karen Jarrett, James Storm and Crimson were in attendance for the CMT Music Awards in Nashville last night. - Speaking of Karen, she posted the following tweets to Dixie Carter last night after the awards show. Apparently Todd is referring to Todd Carter, President of Panda Energy International, the parent company of TNA.
    "Hey Todd, no one can stand ur sister @TNADixie she continues to run the company in the ground!!! What r u gonna do???"
    "@TNADixie have some guts and call me out........" "Everyone has dirty laundry I'm thinking it's about home for @TNADixie to be exposed!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Crimson stated on Thursday's episode of TNA Impact Wrestling that he has had a longer running reign with his win streak then Bill Goldberg.

Asked by a Twitter follower if he's going to respond to the dig from Crimson, Goldberg replied, "Who??" He later re-tweeted a comment from a follower reading: "Crimson doesn't phase @Goldberg because Goldberg ate chumps like him during his streak every freaking night. #TheRealStreakBelongs2Goldberg."

Chris Master's wrestled a dark match last night losing to Robbie E.

Chris Master's wrestled a dark match last night losing to Robbie E.

Crimson's mystery opponent for Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Crimson is an annoying twat. Why he's being pushed is beyond me.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Crimson is an annoying twat. Why he's being pushed is beyond me.

But the silver lining is that the guy who ends his streak gets all the momentum and automatically gets a rocket strapped to his back.

I would love to see Chris Masters come in and apply the Masterlock in 30 seconds and make him tap out. It would really make Masters look like a big deal.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TNA Tag Team Champion Christopher Daniels had an interview with The Baltimore Sun in which he discussed the current Dixie Carter/AJ Styles storyline, working with the current creative team and more.

Here are highlights:

On the AJ/Dixie Carter story: “It’s new ground. I feel like that’s one of the reasons people are tuning into it. There’s enough of a shadow of a doubt where people are watching, still trying to decide if they buy my side or A.J.’s side of the story. We’ve still got parts of the story to tell. Right now it’s not even the beginning of the end. We’re still in the middle of the beginning; there’s still a lot of story to tell. So all I can tell the fans who have been watching and trying to make a decision is just stay tuned.”

On the criticism that TNA doesn’t create new stars: “I would say right now is the worst time to make those sorts of claims. You look at what’s happening on television right now and the highest-rated storyline is between three homegrown TNA talents – myself, AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian. Right now I feel like I’ve got a better rapport with the creative team, a better rapport with guys like Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan than I’ve ever had. I feel like I’ve proven myself to those guys as someone who is you have to hand him the ball, he will go forward and make something good out of it.

On the talent in TNA: “I’ve felt that A.J. Styles has always proven that he’s a great in-ring competitor and on the television show. I understand the point. There have been times that guys who have made their name have been given opportunities, but at the same time, you’ve always seen guys like Bobby Roode, James Storm, the Motor City Machineguns, A.J. Styles rise to the top. Talent is going to rise to the top, whether they come from TNA or from outside.”

In the interview, Daniels also discusses TNA going live, why the wrestlers don’t feel more pressure, his Slammiversary match with Kazarian vs. Styles and Kurt Angle, the state of the tag division, and the tenth anniversary of TNA.
    – The TNA Gut Check segments are a work, but closer to a shoot than anything else on iMPACT!. The segments are given bullet points instead of being completely scripted and the talents are not told of the outcome in advance. Neither Joey Ryan or Alex Silva knew if they’d be voted “yes” or “no” by the judges prior to the segment.

Watching the Finlay vs Callihan match from EVOLVE 11 and now really want to see Finaly in TNA so he can have a 30 minute Iron Man match with Garrett Bischoff. Ideally Finlay will be in a fowl mood too :D

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
    Both Chris Masters and Cliff Compton have received tryout matches for TNA over the last two weeks.

At this time, there is no word on if TNA is considering bringing them into the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Masters could have been good. WWE could have made a star out of him if they got behind him.

Source: Pwinsider.com
    – There will be an official Hall of Fame ceremony during Bound for Glory weekend. The promotion may do it the night before the PPV, but that is not confirmed.

– There is a chance that others will be inducted with Sting at that ceremony. Sting is simply the first name announced.

TNA sent out the following statement about the lawsuit between them and WWE regarding confidential information being leaked to WWE:

TNA Entertainment Releases Statement Regarding Current Litigation
    NASHVILLE, Tenn — TNA Entertainment, LLC President Dixie Carter releases a statement in regard to the recent TRO (Temporary Restraining Order) the company filed against WWE in the Davidson County Circuit Court in Nashville, Tennessee.

TNA President Dixie Carter states, “We were not surprised that the Court originally granted a swift temporary restraining order against WWE to prohibit interference with TNA’s contracts and business relationships. I’m pleased that the Court has now replaced that temporary measure with the most recent judicial Order. The Judge’s current Order sends a strong message about the importance of TNA protecting its trade secrets. Obviously, the accuracy of what WWE has represented remains important, so I look forward to the discovery process and what is revealed during litigation. As always, we will vigorously protect TNA and its brand from damage at the hands of any and all sources, no matter who is involved.”

I wonder if WWE will risk signing anyone like Flair or Shelley. Surely that would just give TNA a lot of ammo for this case.

Scott Steiner has been making use of Twitter with some colourful language, so beware.
    After brooke hogan tweeted that she could make more money on her back than i did in my wrestling career

Which i accepted and i will get into later,a high ranking official from TNA (who i respect)called me and

Without going into the whole conversation he ask me to stop tweeting and since im trying to

Save TNA from the same fate as WCW,and this official also has TNA’s best interest in mind i agreed

Until bitchoff opened his mouth spewing his bull**** as usual,but first since i missed brookes debut. I know

The camera adds 10 lbs but OMG how big is her head,did everybody notice when they were advertising her

For the show they had a picture of her that looked totally differerent of her when she walked out,how many

Gallons of paint did it take to airbrush that big head…and this is why i accepted her challenge that she

Could make more money on her back, even though guys have fetishes and sometime guys are just bored

But she has too many physical variables and abnormalities to be competitive or make money as a whore.

Keep in mind she could have issued the challenge that she could make more money singing but she chose

Prostitution bcuz even she knows her singing sucks…her dad took her to a few music studios in nashville in a last ditch effort and of course they got laughed out of the studio

same results cant sing cant dance and shes an amazon. A lot of responses to her debut was that she was a amazon..she has fat knees,cankles and did i mention she has a big head

Spinkled with a lil transvestite dust. So with the horrible ratings and reviews of his daughter what does hogan do;re-tweets a sexual tweet bcuz

The guy asks him too! LOL what a ****ing idiot..need some ppl to tweet hogan the most vulgar sexual laced tweets and lets see if

The dumb****s will re-tweet them. For 21/2 yrs since hogan bitchoff n pritchard have been in charge the ratings have sucked and TNA continues.

To lose more and more of its fanbase and they think bringing in hogan’s no talent daughter in will help

The ratings…..they are fn crazy….the knockouts are pissed and think shes a joke

You want a storyline you want ratings make brooke the chazz bono of tna,minus the

Penis implant,bcuz he/she has to have a vagina like her dad

Not only is tna wasting money on flying his daughter to the shows,TNA also pays to fly her dog with her

Unbelievable!!!!

In 21/2 yrs hogan hasnt drawn a rating so what genius thinks his daughter will....and the dog???.

Steiner is boss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

steiner is a fukcing legend - both hogan and bischoff tried to take him on in twitter and both bit<hed off with their tails between their legs.

i wish they'd just let him loose with a mic in his hand and watch the ratings soar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Marking hard:
    Figure Four Daily with Bryan Alvarez returns today with a very special guest, straight off his Slammiversary pinfall victory over Bully Ray, JOSEPH PARK, ESQ~! So much to discuss including his time growing up with his brother Abyss, surviving what at times was a tumultuous childhood, his investigation into his brother's disappearance, thoughts on his first-ever match and if he plans on getting back into the ring, the strength of Twitter in regards to his quest, his law firm in Chicago, and so much more. Best of all it's FREE, so please post the link or file elsewhere and help spread the word about wrestlingobserver.com! And if you like what you hear, consider signing up for a subscription as Dave Meltzer and I do 3-4 shows per week in addition to the other 15-20 brand new shows, plus members have full access to our thousands of hours of audio and hundreds of new and archived Wrestling Observer and Figure Four Newsletters. It's a steal, so sign up and join the fun! Only at wrestlingobserver.com.

http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/061312daily.mp3

da969836ff2791504e4e291530f3d33853f6d3c3e4.PNG

http://www.impactwrestling.com/bfgseries
    THE BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES: A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO TNA’S ANNUAL POINT-BASED COMPETITION

Twelve IMPACT WRESTLING Superstars battle in grueling series of matches with the ultimate prize on the line - a World Championship Match in the main event at October’s “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View spectacular, our biggest event of the year! The wrestler with the most points at the end of the Bound For Glory Series wins and advances to the Bound For Glory main event!

The 12 Competitors
    Find out who will be in the 2012 Bound For Glory Series during the Gauntlet match at 8pm on Spike TV!

How to Get Points
    Points are determined by wins and losses – how you win is equally as important!

Submission Victory – 10 points
    Pinfall Victory – 7 points
    Countout Victory – 5 points
    Disqualification Victory – 3 points
    Draw (Time Limit/Double Countout/Double Disqualification) – Two points
    Disqualification Lose – you LOSE 10 points

The Type of Matches

Each wrestler will battle each other ONCE in the series! These matches will take place over IMPACT WRESTLING on Spike TV and on TNA’s live event tours across the country, with the point structure outlined above.

Standings and How to Win!

The standings will be updated on ImpactWrestling.com. The standings will be “locked” on the September 6 edition of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV. The top point leaders advance to No Surrender PPV (9/9) for a one-night playoff to see who gets the Bound For Glory World Title Match!

Check back to ImpactWrestling.com in the coming weeks for news and updated point standings!

Nice to see they fixed the main problem with last years. Joe Park should win the BFG Series.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Nice to see they fixed the main problem with last years.

What was that?

CMpunked wrote: »
    What was that?

I assume Crimson beating Devon or Pope 37 times. This year you only face everyone once.

CMpunked wrote: »
    What was that?
    I assume Crimson beating Devon or Pope 37 times. This year you only face everyone once.

Some guys had wrestled significantly more matches than others.

Eric Young noted on his Twitter account that he has underwent throat surgery today. When asked he, he said it was to remove polyps. Young tweeted:

Throat surgery again today weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Surgery sucks. I have had nothing to eat or dink since last night at 1000pm. I want to kill some body right about now. My surgery starts in 30 mins and I’m still in waiting room ggrrraaaggghhhhhhhhhh
    Still in waiting room for surgery. They have no idea how close they are from death like @REALBobbyRoode after 4 hrs with out food @RobbieEImpact
    Surgery done went great thanks to everyone

Young has undergone over 15 throat surgeries since 2004

Matt Morgan recently spoke to 102.5 FM The Beart promoting this weekend’s house shows in Texas and discussed his status with the company. Morgan said there are “a lot of rumors” going on around him and that his time in the company “may be coming to a pass.”

“I’m not going to deny that,” he said. “I don’t feel like I’m getting what I’m putting into TNA.” Morgan said he was the “ultimate head-turner in TNA” and claimed that he is tired of a having the carrot of the World Title “dangling in front of my face.”

Morgan said his TNA contract is coming up soon and that the company has the best roster in wrestling, noting that “my beef is with the company.” He noted that he’s appearing on the house shows to keep to his obligations to TNA.

One source who is a talent in TNA noted that Morgan “thinks he’s a bigger star than he is” and continued “what does he honestly think will happen to him in WWE? Mid-carder at best”. The source notes that TNA will likely part ways with him as he is reportedly lobbying TNA management for a pay raise and creative plans which put him in the main event picture.
    http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/matt-morgan-confirms-beef-with-tna-wrestling/

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    – TNA officials are looking to keep both Joseph Park and Abyss on television as full time characters, similar to the multiple “Faces of Foley” concept WWE used.

– Former adult film star and independent wrestling personality Trina Michaels was backstage at last week’s iMPACT! Wrestling. She did have a meeting with the company and pitched the story of feuding with Brooke Hogan on screen.

c1a9717610a0cf44d9b2e436d1721ef9_L.jpg?t=1339743937

c1a9717610a0cf44d9b2e436d1721ef9_L.jpg?t=1339743937

Shame Aries or Park isnt included

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Shame Aries or Park isnt included

Joseph isn't really a wrestler but I would of put in Abyss alrite.
    Can't believe the Pope is still employed sounds like Matt 'Main Eventer?' Morgan won't be for much longer.

Advertisement