Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    There is talk of having Sting and Hulk Hogan team up at the Bound For Glory pay-per-view to take on the new Aces & Eights mystery group that attacked Sting and have been taunting Hogan.

Hogan is very limited in what he can do so Sting would likely work most of the match, with Hogan getting a few of his spots in. It would be a special attraction match.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,012 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ffs things are going good for ye now dont bloody make a balls for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Headshot wrote: »

Personally I don't see what the problem is by having two of your special attractions in a match on your biggest card of the year, it's not like it's going to be the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Really depends on who the opponents are and if they are capable of carrying Hogan while helping Sting along. Sting doesn't need to be carried, but does need some help anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i'm assuming it'll be someone from the following - john morrison, chris masters, luke gallows, jay lethal, chavo, dh smith, carlito - they love ex wwe guys but not as much as they used to and their product is all the better for it.

i'd love it if they raided the like of ROH and new japan and it was the like of the briscoes, benjamin and haas etc... or fergal devitt one can only dream.

but in fairness i've nothing against them using ex wwe guys look what happened with stone cold or nash and hall when they went the other way

especially the like of morrison and chavo i think could really add to the roster and maybe get taken a bit more seriously then in their wwe time, and if it brings the likes of benjamin & hass or the briscoes and TNA has the potential for an awesome tag team division - if only we had the MCMG still and Beer Money but hey they they're busy main eventing now - ;)

ah its been a while since bischoff and TNA had a faction so i'm guessing its for his return in some wa;);)shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Really depends on who the opponents are and if they are capable of carrying Hogan while helping Sting along. Sting doesn't need to be carried, but does need some help anyway.

Hey.. as long as it's not these guys:

nasty_682x400_1015872a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

How would this be making a balls of it? That's clearly what they've been building to from the start. Hogan vs. Sting at BFG last year was one of the highlights of the year. Them teaming to take on the Biker Squad would be class. It'll be like Gran Torino meets Hell Ride. This whole angle has been great.

How would this be making a balls of it? That's clearly what they've been building to from the start. Hogan vs. Sting at BFG last year was one of the highlights of the year. Them teaming to take on the Biker Squad would be class. It'll be like Gran Torino meets Hell Ride. This whole angle has been great.

Because Hogan shouldnt be near a ring since he cant really do **** all since his back

It basically be sting on his own. I rather see Hogan as the enforcer type and let sting have someone else in the ring with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Because Hogan shouldnt be near a ring since he cant really do **** all since his back

It basically be sting on his own. I rather see Hogan as the enforcer type and let sting have someone else in the ring with him

Hogan couldn't do anything last year either and he still tore the house down. The man get more of a reaction from a crowd with a facial expression than your favorite indy darling can get with a shooting star press. A once a year special attraction is exactly how a Hogan match should be used. TNA have it spot on.

Think the original plan was for Hogan vs Flair before Flair left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    Think the original plan was for Hogan vs Flair before Flair left.

Oh thank god the latter left so. Unless they were to book it as a intentionally awful comedy match i'd love to know who thought that'd be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

GTR63 wrote: »
    Oh thank god the latter left so. Unless they were to book it as a intentionally awful comedy match i'd love to know who thought that'd be a good idea?

Ric Flair flopping around, man tits and all. How could you hate that:D

But anyway, I think I can forgive the fact that Hogan is wrestling BFG, because really it's only one match, and since it's TNA's biggest PPV, it's only reasonable to do it there. Hopefully they put over the Ace and 8's in order to give them some more momentum, and don't screw things up the way WWE did with Nexus.

1) James Storm 43 points (3-1-1) 5 MATCHES
    2) Samoa Joe 37 points (4-2) 6 MATCHES
    3) Kurt Angle 27 points (3-2) 5 MATCHES
    4) Jeff Hardy 21 points (3-0) 3 MATCHES
    5) Mr. Anderson 16 points (2-3-1) 6 MATCHES
    6) Magnus 14 points (2-1) 3 MATCHES
    Rob Van Dam 14 points (2-1) 3 MATCHES
    8) The Pope 7 points (1-3) 4 MATCHES
    AJ Styles 7 points (1-1) 2 MATCHES
    10) Christopher Daniels 5 points (1-2) 3 MATCHES
    11) Bully Ray 0 points (0-2) 2 MATCHES
    Robbie E 0 points (0-4) 4 MATCHES

Still to wrestle:

Styles: Daniels, Joe, Angle, Hardy, RVD, Pope, Bully, Anderson, Storm
    Storm: Styles, Daniels, Angle, RVD, Pope, Bully
    Daniels: Styles, Joe, RVD, Pope, Robbie, Bully, Storm, Magnus
    Joe: Styles, Daniels, Hardy, Pope, Magnus
    Magnus: Daniels, Joe, Angle, Hardy, RVD, Robbie, Bully, Anderson
    Pope: Styles, Daniels, Joe, Hardy, RVD, Robbie, Storm
    RVD: Styles, Daniels, Angle, Pope, Robbie, Bully, Storm, Magnus
    Anderson: Styles, Hardy, Robbie, Bully, Magnus
    Robbie: Daniels, Hardy, RVD, Pope, Bully, Anderson, Magnus
    Hardy: Styles, Joe, Angle, Pope, Robbie, Bully, Anderson, Magnus
    Bully: Styles, Daniels, Angle, Hardy, RVD, Robbie, Anderson, Storm, Magnus
    Angle: Styles, Hardy, RVD, Bully, Storm, Magnus

Lot of good matches there. Banking on Robbie E picking up the W up against The Pope. Pity Daniels vs Angle was on a house show that could be a great rivalry if booked correctly.

Dixie Carter made the following announcement on Twitter today…
    Excited to have signed @AustinAries to a long term deal. I share the story on TNA Today TODAY.

– Yesterday, we posted the following report and video on TNA World Heavyweight champion Austin Aries. He was a guest on 4th & Pain, the only pro wrestling radio show hosted by an NFL player and a weight loss champion.

Washington Redskins defensive end Adam Carriker had a chance to meet Aries while he was backstage recently at an Impact taping. A week or so later, Aries became the world champion and joined Carriker and co-host Chuck Carroll on the show.

Aries thinks that Carriker has a future in pro wrestling after his playing days are over in the NFL. His comments echoed those of Hulk Hogan who said much the same thing to the former first round pick during his visit to the Impact Zone.

Conversely, Carriker and Carroll concluded that Aries’ athleticism should be good enough to at least garner a tryout in the NFL. The champ thinks he could carve out a little niche for himself with the pigskin a la Wes Welker.

As it turns out, Aries is a huge Green Bay Packers fan and joked with Carriker and Carroll that he wished the Redskins “half the success” of Aaron Rodgers and company.

Aries played football growing up, but primarily focused on baseball. But one of the seasons he did play football he was a defensive lineman.

During the interview Aries also stressed the importance of cultivating talent that has come up through the ranks and developed on the indy scene.

On the fitness side of things, Carroll, who bills himself as a weight loss champion after losing 250 pounds and keeping it off, was intrigued by Aries’ passion for the vegetarian lifestyle. The wrestler was VERY knowledgeable about nutrition and the food system in this country.

Aries has been a vegetarian for a little over a decade, having made the switch shortly after becoming a wrestler.

Aries on being a vegetarian

“When I made that decision it forced me to learn about nutrition, forced me to learn about the things I should be eating. It also exposed to me the corporate farming methods we use in this country and just how unhealthy it is for us as consumers. When you’re relying on corporations to feed you, you have to remember that their bottom line is making money. And if they have to compromise quality of food or the procedures of how they produce that food to make more money they’re going to do it. A lot of times the people who pay the price are the consumers or us. Whether or not a vegetarian diet is something that is for you or for everybody… I do say that even if you’re going to be a meat consumer you can do it in a more humane and responsible way, not only for the animals, but for yourself and for the planet.”

Source: Pwtorch.com

As noted last week here on the website, the July 12th edition of TNA iMPACT! Wrestling scored a 0.85 (0.9) cable rating, which was down 15.5 percent compared to the July 5th episode. It also needs to be noted that TNA lost viewers due to the ongoing Viacom vs. DirectTV dispute.

First Hour Break Down:
    Q: iMPACT! opened with a 0.85 rating – right at the show average – for the Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park grudge match, plus half of a commercial.

Q2: iMPACT! increased slightly to a 0.87 rating for RVD vs. Samoa Joe, various backstage segments, and one-and-a-half commercials.

Q3: iMPACT! was essentially even with a 0.88 rating for A.J. Styles’s latest Claire storyline development with Daniels & Kaz in the ring, one commercial, and more of the storyline backstage.

Q4: iMPACT! dipped to a 0.80 rating for Zema Ion vs. Dakota Darsow match, two commercial breaks, and Austin Aries’s ring intro for his victory speech.

Second Hour Break Down:
    Q5: iMPACT! increased to a show-high 0.89 rating for Aries’s speech interrupted by Bobby Roode, Hulk Hogan backstage, and one commercial.

Q6: iMPACT! was essentially even with a 0.88 rating for Miss Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim with Brooke Hogan on commentary, one commercial, and hype for Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson in the main event.

Q7: iMPACT! dipped to a second-hour-low 0.81 rating for more of Claire Lynch, a Magnus promo, ring intros for the main event, one commercial, and the first-half of Angle vs. Anderson.

Q8: iMPACT! increased to a 0.84 rating, which was still below the first-half of the second hour, for the finish of Angle-Anderson, one commercial, and Sting’s speech before he was interrupted by the Aces & Eights attacking Hogan

Aries is Veggie? Now I love him even more :D

What other wrestlers are Vegetarian besides Daniel Bryan and Great Khali?

Im a subscriber to Joeys youtube account. Im a fan of his but I just think the TNA thing is just getting a bit repetitive now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Im a subscriber to Joeys youtube account. Im a fan of his but I just think the TNA thing is just getting a bit repetitive now
    He's keeping his name out there. I reckon his bookings shot up after what happened. He'd be stupid not to milk it.

• Advertisement

After last month’s Slammiversary pay-per-view event drew approximately 15,000 buys, the purchase number for the Destination X show on July 8 fell to 9,000 buys, according to early estimates.

This is approximately the same level their pay-per-view events garner with the exception of Slammiversary, Lockdown and Bound for Glory.

Christopher Daniels’ performance in the ongoing Claire Lynch angle has drawn high marks from TNA Wrestling honchos Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan.

The 41-year-old had acting experience before entering professional wrestling as he performed in theater.

Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    – As most of you know by now, Jesse Sorensen appeared at Destination X on July 8 to address his neck injury and hope that Zema Ion captures the vacant TNA X Division Championship so he can take the title away from him. He then vowed to reign as X Division Champion at next year’s Destination X pay-per-view event and cash in the title to become the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Despite the angle being put in gear, Sorensen’s return to the squared circle remains indefinite as it could take place anywhere from three to ten months from now. There are plans to give him the X-Division title when he returns to the company.

– As noted earlier, Spike TV has canceled iMPACT! Wrestling recap program TNA Rewind, F4WOnline.com confirmed Wednesday.

Last Thursday’s premiere episode, the first hour of what was tapped to be a weekly three-hour block of TNA Wrestling programming, drew an anemic 0.2 cable rating. This rating is approximately one-third of what the network typically garners in the 7:00 p.m. Thursday time slot.

In an update on this, the program will continue to air online via ImpactWrestling.com.
    On last week’s episode of iMPACT! Wrestling, a mysterious group of masked men known as “The Aces and Eights” attacked both Hulk Hogan and Sting at the show’s conclusion. Two of the attackers were former WWE performers—Wes Brisco, a former developmental wrestler, and the wrestler formerly known as Luke Gallows. Gallows has participated in all of the group’s attacks while Brisco debuted last week. For the time being, the wrestlers taking part in the angle are being used as extras rather than full-fledged characters.

It was also noted that former WWE Superstar Chris Masters, who has been campaigning via Twitter to join the organization after working a dark match last month, has not taken part in the angle as of now.
    According to a rep from Viacom, the ongoing dispute with DirecTV won’t be ending anytime soon. The Viacom rep told Dateline that the two sides only spend about ten minutes a day talking about the issues holding up the deal. The issues include how much of an increase DirecTV is willing to pay and the length of a contract renewal.

DirecTV said that Tuesday night it accepted all the “material terms” that Viacom wanted for its seventeen channels but that Viacom demanded they carry EPIX “at an additional cost of more than half a billion dollars.” DirecTV said, “We know our customers don’t want to pay such an extreme price for an extra channel, they simply want the ones they had returned to them.” Viacom said that is inaccurate, saying, “We’ve offered packages without EPIX, packages with EPIX, and packages with significant incentives to take EPIX.”

Needless to say, without a very sudden and drastic change, TNA iMPACT! will not be available for DirecTV subscribers this week. This will obviously affect the rating once again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

MikeandDon.gif

What a waste of Money it is signing him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

GTR63 wrote: »
    What a waste of Money it is signing him.

Tell me about it. Besides the cheap "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!" factor Kid Kash is far better.

If they wanted a Mexican they should have signed El Generico!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

rovert wrote: »
    Tell me about it. Besides the cheap "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!" factor Kid Kash is far better.

If they wanted a Mexican they should have signed El Generico!

:D:pac:

Si! Si! Si!

Don't think Chavo is that bad of a signing, wasn't he doing some agent work before he left WWE?

That took longer than I thought it would. They should've made him do a Gutcheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I firmly believe he's going to be wasted here. It is starting to resemble Nitro all over again.

That took longer than I thought it would. They should've made him do a Gutcheck.

Then for him to get a verbal burying followed by 3 No's.

It is starting to resemble Nitro all over again.

In what way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

From the little that I have seen over the recent months, Hogan talking ****e, the performers in the undercard outshining everyone in the main event and not getting any break. I don't watch the show regularly, mind.

Advertisement