Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No David Young either he WAS Mr.TNA in the early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Guess which Knockout this guy married last week. Luckiest man ever.

robert-irvine-WI-012808-lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Gail?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/25744-another-tna-departure
    Alex Shelley will be leaving TNA when his contract expires, which is imminently. It was his decision not to renew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,932 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow what a huge loss for TNA

Machine guns will be also a huge miss

damn it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Cant imagine Shelly in WWE surely?? Not that i dont think he deserves to be there..

If I'm entirely honest, The Guns had a very good run. I think it's a natural time for them to pursue singles careers. I'm not overly bothered with Shelley leaving but I'd hate to see Sabin go.

I'm surprised by that. ROH isn't exactly the most stable career move right now so he must have offers in Japan. Can't see him making enough just in America.

Hopefully it means Sabin gets a decent push now in the X-Division, or even TV title scene. The guy has been there since 2003. Considering the success of Aries, they could do worse then trying the same trick with Sabin.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Hopefully it means Sabin gets a decent push now in the X-Division, or even TV title scene. The guy has been there since 2003.

I'd much rather a step above that.

• Advertisement

I'd much rather a step above that.

So would I. But I think they'll go the Aries route and have anyone they want to move up, prove themselves with one of the midcard titles first. When Aries drops the belt, he's going up the card. If not, someone needs their head examined.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Alex Shelley will be leaving TNA

Fúck.

I love the Guns. I shouldn't be too shocked as Shelly & Sabin have been sitting on their arse via bad booking and injuries for a few years now. But that could be said of almost the entire roster save like 5 guys, really. It's such a shame, I really rate both guys, Shelley was the better talker of the two. Very sad to see now himself & Aries won't be getting a PPV match/feud. I know some dreams aren't going to happen but it's sad when they definitely die :(

No wonder Shelley handed in his notice they did sweet fu*k all with him when Sabin was injured and the Guns have had what 2 matches in the last 2 months. Another talented wrestler gone, at least we have still got Devon and Crimson.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just over a week when I was feeling much better about TNA (after watching Sacrifice), TNA sign Brooke Hogan, and now Alex Shelley's leaving :(

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Just over a week when I was feeling much better about TNA (after watching Sacrifice), TNA sign Brooke Hogan, and now Alex Shelley's leaving :(

Its another shotgun blast in the stomach for this tna fan. Reminds me of when Machismo left. It hurts the X Division even further too which has a Outstanding champion with maybe only Sabin as a challenger. What else is there now the now released anthony nese(wow that rhymes), Zema Ion + erm Kid Kash (who is training for MMA at the moment iirc). I'm sure tna will just hire another cheap nobody to replace shelley or give Nick Hogan a call.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Its another shotgun blast in the stomach for this tna fan. Reminds me of when Machismo left. It hurts the X Division even further too which has a Outstanding champion with maybe only Sabin as a challenger. What else is there now the now released anthony nese(wow that rhymes), Zema Ion + erm Kid Kash (who is training for MMA at the moment iirc). I'm sure tna will just hire another cheap nobody to replace shelley or give Nick Hogan a call.

What? :confused:

Ion and Kash are still there. Or at least still on the roster. Ion wrestled only recently in a title match against Aries.

Even if they do go, none of Nese, Ion or Kash are big losses. With the Gut Check thing happening every month, they would need to cut people every few months anyway to avoid a WCW sized roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:(

No Aries & Styles V Guns feud for tag titles
    GTR63 wrote: »
    No wonder Shelley handed in his notice they did sweet fu*k all with him when Sabin was injured and the Guns have had what 2 matches in the last 2 months. Another talented wrestler gone, at least we have still got Devon and Crimson.

Dont forget Garrett Bischoff who can bet will get the X Division Title soon

What? :confused:

Ion and Kash are still there. Or at least still on the roster. Ion wrestled only recently in a title match against Aries.

Even if they do go, none of Nese, Ion or Kash are big losses. With the Gut Check thing happening every month, they would need to cut people every few months anyway to avoid a WCW sized roster.
    There are others I would of gotten rid of before Shelley cough Pope cough (lets not forget he asked to leave too). Can't see them getting much out of gut check other than eyerolling dialogue from the Judges.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    :(

No Aries & Styles V Guns feud for tag titles

Dont forget Garrett Bischoff who can bet will get the X Division Title soon

The thought of that or a Devon vs Garett feud is frightening.

Watching Impact now. Was that
    a clean loss for RVD?
    :eek:

a clean loss for RVD?

As close as you'll get to one.

• Advertisement

a clean loss for RVD?

He did have an out for the loss.

He did have an out for the loss.

By
    RVD
    standards. No interference, no obvious cheating, no ref bumps etc. That's what I count anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

What nights and channel is TNA on?

Never followed it (dedicated ECW and WWE fan all my life)

Is it worth watching? On a serious wrestling buzz the past few weeks after some time off watching)

Never followed it (dedicated ECW and WWE fan all my life)

Is it worth watching? On a serious wrestling buzz the past few weeks after some time off watching)

Challenge TV, Tonight at ten. Think the first airing is Sundays. PPV's on Wednesday.

Not perfect, but worth trying at least. You'll know a good amount of them at least.

Sunday on Challenge at 10pm (repeated tonight at 10 if you want to watch it now).

Class, didnt realise it was on in 10 minutes :)

Thats my night sorted so.

Sound lads. Will give it a go.

Ok, so my first impression of TNA is cool enough.

I was actually in this sound studio in Orlando but not at a show.

Also lol at the first 10 seconds of the show Abyss pretending to be his own brother. I think im gonna like it here.

Where can I watch slamiversary?

Fcuk, that was some Avalanche slam from Joe :eek:
    Ok, so my first impression of TNA is cool enough.

I was actually in this sound studio in Orlando but not at a show.

Also lol at the first 10 seconds of the show Abyss pretending to be his own brother. I think im gonna like it here.

Where can I watch slamiversary?

It'll be on Challenge the Wednesday after.

Fcuk, that was some Avalanche slam from Joe :eek:

It'll be on Challenge the Wednesday after.
    Cheers.

Wow I have been living in a hole.

The roster of TNA is class. Although I would imagine the majority of them are pretty sloppy now.

RVD and Angle must be sloppy by now.

• Advertisement

Bully Ray is a ****ing awesome gimmic for Bubba.

Loving this.

Advertisement