Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

From the little that I have seen over the recent months, Hogan talking ****e, the performers in the undercard outshining everyone in the main event and not getting any break. I don't watch the show regularly, mind.

Not at all. Last 3 PPVs have been great and impact is really enjoyable the last couple of months.

X Division is a bit slack at the moment but there's always quality matches around the corner with that.

Big turnaround for them. It will be great if they keep it up consistently. That's the big test.

Surely just a coincidence that the product got better once Russo left though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

From the little that I have seen over the recent months, Hogan talking ****e, the performers in the undercard outshining everyone in the main event and not getting any break. I don't watch the show regularly, mind.

That's literally the exact opposite of TNA these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

surely he worked for them in ra ka king or whatever the indian version of tna is called?

or is it a seperate company? :o

montyrebel wrote: »
    surely he worked for them in ra ka king or whatever the indian version of tna is called?

That's where the clips in the promo video they released are taken from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

That's where the clips in the promo video they released are taken from.

didnt watch

so surely he already had a contract
    whats the big deal

• Advertisement

montyrebel wrote: »
    so surely he already had a contract
    whats the big deal

I'd imagine he only had a contract to do Ring Ka King or he was paid per appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

RKK is seperate from TNA. They just shared wrestlers. Contracts were only valid for one promotion, not both. Anyone who competed in both would have been getting paid twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's literally the exact opposite of TNA these days.

That's literally just the exact difference between your opinion and mine these days.

That's literally just the exact difference between your opinion and mine these days.

318795_10150976018991026_220105429_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54,012 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That picture never gets old

• Advertisement

Yeah but didn't that just happen a little over a week ago? I was talking about recent months.

Anyway! There are good things on there that entertain me. Don't take it personally if I think differently to you about their latest signing. It's only wrestling!

Yeah but didn't that just happen a little over a week ago? I was talking about recent months.

Where the focus has been on Roode, Storm, Styles, Daniels, Hardy, Angle, Abyss, Bully Ray etc. I don't care much for Chavo, but the idea that there's people stealing shows on the undercard and not getting chances in TNA for at least the last year just isn't true.

Listen man, I don't see why you are getting so wound up about a difference in opinion here. All I was saying was that I have seen bits of it in the last few months and I didn't find it that entertaining. I don't want to expand on that any further because I seem to be bothering you. Apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Listen man, I don't see why you are getting so wound up about a difference in opinion here. All I was saying was that I have seen bits of it in the last few months and I didn't find it that entertaining. I don't want to expand on that any further because I seem to be bothering you. Apologies.
    You didn't say anything about being entertained, you said they have Hogan talking ****e, mid-carders outshining the main eventers and not getting a shot when it's simply not true. Bar, to a certain extent Hogan who hasn't been half as bad for weeks. That's why he's getting wound up, on your untrue takings from the 'bits' you've seen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mickie James did an appearance at a 2CW show last Friday, losing to Rachel Summerlyn. She hasn’t appeared on TNA TV since losing to Miss Tessmacher on the June 21st episode of iMPACT!. James has been telling friends that she is frustrated with her current TNA status. Apparently, she is not the only one.

We reported last week that more female talent changes within the ranks of major league wrestling could be in the works as two unnamed female wrestlers are rumored to have requested their releases from TNA Wrestling this week. The official Twitter feed of female independent women’s wrestling promotion Women Superstars Uncensored wrote Thursday afternoon, “Hearing rumors two knockouts asked for their releases today….” The account added, “Getting calls from people at TNA tonite, a lot of contracts are expiring. TNA wants to put them on pay-per deals and kill weekly contracts for some. I haven’t watched TNA since January 2010 but for people who do, if you don’t see someone [on Impact Wrestling] tonight, keep it in the back of your head.”

Matt Morgan has dropped the “TNA” from his Twitter handle. His Twitter name, previously @TNAMattMorgan is now @BPMattMorgan. Morgan has been hinting at a TNA departure for some time now, as previously reported, with hints that he could jump to WWE.

We have confirmed that Morgan left TNA Wrestling last month. We have also confirmed that WWE has shown interest in him but they’re waiting to resolve the TNA vs. WWE lawsuit before they bring in any former TNA talents.

Reckon Rosita and maybe Sarita are gone but in reality it could be anyone outside of Tessmacher and Gail Kim. Velvet Sky and Madison Rayne would be next least likely to leave. Anyone else, you wouldnt blame them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Reckon Rosita and maybe Sarita are gone but in reality it could be anyone outside of Tessmacher and Gail Kim. Velvet Sky and Madison Rayne would be next least likely to leave. Anyone else, you wouldnt blame them.

They need to start a new feud for the title maybe turn Tara heel up against Tessmacher. I'd get the knockouts Tag belts off Young and ODB asap too. Odd that I cared more when Angelina love left than I do Matt Morgan then again he never did anything memorable in his run with the company.

They have I think 10 Knockouts. Exclude Brooke as she is the champion and ODB since she is tag champion (that is never mentioned), that leaves eight. A nice number for a little tournament. Give them 6-10 minutes per match and tell each girl if they impress, they will get more chances after the tournament. That should keep them all happy while getting them all on tv and giving them the initiative to impress. Doesnt matter who wins as it automatically creates more interest in the title match.

Rosita's on the next bunch of house show's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I reckon it's Winter and Sarita. Winter hasn't been used at all for a long time, and only made one brief appearance at a houseshow.

Anyway what's the deal with those PPV contracts? So a wrestler can only turn up at a PPV. But that would mean, said wrestler would have to have build up in order to be at the PPV, because he/she couldn't just appear on the show. They'd have to be on Impact to do that. It's pretty stupid, why would TNA do that anyway?

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I reckon it's Winter and Sarita. Winter hasn't been used at all for a long time, and only made one brief appearance at a houseshow.

Anyway what's the deal with those PPV contracts? So a wrestler can only turn up at a PPV. But that would mean, said wrestler would have to have build up in order to be at the PPV, because he/she couldn't just appear on the show. They'd have to be on Impact to do that. It's pretty stupid, why would TNA do that anyway?
    Pay Per Appearance. They only get paid if they appear on the show. Eric Young is on one and made a big deal out of making his own bookings elsewhere since TNA normally take care of that too. Thats what they want most people on, it saves money for the company if they arent going to be used every week. The wrestlers however get paid less which is why Young insisted on his own bookings too.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    You didn't say anything about being entertained, you said they have Hogan talking ****e, mid-carders outshining the main eventers and not getting a shot when it's simply not true. Bar, to a certain extent Hogan who hasn't been half as bad for weeks. That's why he's getting wound up, on your untrue takings from the 'bits' you've seen.
    What have I said to offend you, or whoever the original guy I was conversing with? If I form an opinion based on the parts that I see, and I believe it to be true, then that's all it is. My opinion. No one else's. I am SORRY if my opinion matters this much to anyone. Take it easy now, lads. What's true to you, is obviously going to be different, as I said, I have only seen small parts. That doesn't mean I can't say what I think about it.

Pay Per Appearance. They only get paid if they appear on the show. Eric Young is on one and made a big deal out of making his own bookings elsewhere since TNA normally take care of that too. Thats what they want most people on, it saves money for the company if they arent going to be used every week. The wrestlers however get paid less which is why Young insisted on his own bookings too.

Ah my bad, for some reason I read it as Pay Per View.

According to sources, one the attackers was former WWE Superstar Mike Knox, who participated in a dark match for the promotion in May. He was joined by three other former WWE talents—former developmental wrestler Wes Brisco, the wrestler formerly known as Luke Gallows, and D’Lo Brown, who works as a road agent for the organization. Organization officials are rotating wrestlers who won’t be part of the eventual reveal into the attacks to make it harder to guess who is involved.

Gallows has participated in all of the group’s attacks while Brisco debuted last week. Brown is not expected to be part of the final group.

Meanwhile, sources closes to Cliff Compton, who appeared as Domino for WWE in 2007 and 2008, has not participated in the angle after competing in a dark match for the promotion in late May. Former WWE Superstar Chris Masters, who has been campaigning via Twitter to join the organization after working a dark match last month, has also not participated in the angle.

We’ll keep you posted as we hear more. Stay tuned!

Feel sorry for Chris Masters having to beg for a job like that. Kind've makes me want him to get a job with TNA:(

As for the Ace & 8s. There was a pretty big guy in the ring this week, bigger then Luke Gallows. I wonder if that was Mike Knox .

Bound For Glory Ticket Prices:
    TNA Bound For Glory Fan Interaction = $99

Meet all your favorite TNA Superstars at TNA Bound For Glory Fan InterAction. Highlighting this event are the one-on-one conversations, personalized autographs, and treasured photographs with the superstars of TNA Wrestling and future Hall of Famers.
    * Talent appearances to be determined at a later date and are subject to change.
    TNA Inaugural Hall of Fame Induction Celebration = $125

Admission to the TNA Inaugural Hall of Fame Celebration on Saturday, October 13th at 8:00pm PST at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort.

The Hall of Fame Celebration & Dinner will feature the Induction of "The Icon" Sting. Be part of history as one of the greatest wrestling superstars of all time is honored with the induction as the very first member of TNA Wrestling's Hall of Fame. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will never happen again. The event includes an intimate dinner setting along with special guest presenters.
    Bound For Glory VIP Weekend = $199 (Fan InterAction + Hall of Fame Celebration)

The Bound For Glory VIP Weekend package includes admission to all events on Saturday, October 13th:

○ Admission to TNA Fan InterAction on Saturday, October 13th at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
    Meet all your favorite TNA Superstars at TNA Bound For Glory Fan InterAction. Highlighting this event are the one-on-one conversations, personalized autographs, and treasured photographs with the superstars of TNA Wrestling and future Hall of Famers.
    * Talent appearances to be determined at a later date and are subject to change.

○ Admission to the TNA Inaugural Hall of Fame Celebration & Dinner on Saturday, October 13th at 8:00pm PST at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
    The Hall of Fame Celebration & Dinner will feature the Induction of "The Icon" Sting. Be part of history as one of the greatest wrestling superstars of all time is honored with the induction as the very first member of TNA Wrestling's Hall of Fame. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will never happen again. The event includes an intimate dinner setting along with special guest presenters.

Get your VIP Weekend pass for $199
    Kids 8 & under VIP Weekend pass $159
    The VIP Weekend does not include a ticket to TNA Bound For Glory on October 14, 2012.
    Travel packages include the following:
    ▪ 1 ticket to TNA Bound for Glory on Sunday, October 14 (value varies based on package)
    ○ Platinum Package: Includes a guaranteed front row seat (valued at $150)
    ○ Gold Package: Includes a floor seat in row 2 (valued at $125)

▪ 3-night's stay at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
    Hotel will require a credit card for incidentals (including parking and internet access) for each room.
    Hotel accommodations are for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night (October 12 -14th).
    ▪ Friday night check-in and reception with stars of IMPACT WRESTLING.

▪ 1 VIP Weekend ticket which includes:
    ○ Admission to the TNA Fan InterAction event Saturday, October 13th (valued at $99)
    - TNA Bound for Glory Fan InterAction will take place at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort Ballroom
    ○ Admission to the TNA Wrestling Hall of Fame Induction Saturday, October 13th (valued at $125)
    - TNA Bound for Glory takes place at Grand Canyon University Arena starting at 5pm local time with doors opening at 3:30pm MST

▪ Sunday morning breakfast with stars of IMPACT WRESTLING.

Packages: Total cost of packages listed next to price is per person (PP).

Platinum (w/ Front row seat to Bound for Glory valued at $150.00)
    Single $995 = $995
    Double $829 = $1658
    Triple $775 = $2,325
    Quad $745 = $2,980

Gold (w/ 2nd row seat to Bound for Glory valued at $125.00):
    Single $969 = $969
    Double $805 = $1610
    Triple $749 = $2,247
    Quad $725 = $2,900

Samoa Joe and Magnus beat Jun Akiyama and Akitoshi Saito for GHC Tag Team titles at a Noah show in Japan today.

Just read on PWInsider that Bully Ray and Devon's contracts are up in 4-5 weeks. Could care less about Devon but I hope Bully resigns asap, would hate to see him go to wwe and get ruined.

• Advertisement

I reckon they both will. It's not like either man is being misused, if anything Devon is getting too much.

Advertisement