Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    Two matches set for Sacrifice are TNA champion Bobby Roode vs No Job Bob Van Dam and AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle.

I thought it would still be Storm or else Ray or AJ next for Roode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

AJ Vs Roode being saved for Slamiversary imo, AJ wins and Bully Ray gets put into the title picture

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd say they're moving towards Angle/Roode at Slammiversary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Rhoode vs Storm vs AJ would be great at Slammiversary

GTR63 wrote: »
    Rhoode vs Storm vs AJ would be great at Slammiversary

If AJ isnt going to be in the world title picture then him teaming with Aries in tag team title picture would be great, feuding with the likes of MCMGs, Kaz & Daniels and Magnus & Joe

• Advertisement

TNA have made their first show free on their On Demand website:
    http://www.tnaondemand.com/launch.html?vidid=25054&oid=132

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TNA have made their first show free on their On Demand website:
    http://www.tnaondemand.com/launch.html?vidid=25054&oid=132

Watched this over the latest PWG DVD this afternoon. :P

Justice looks like Joe Parks!

Cant remember if you told me before but did you ever read this?

jarrett_cover.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    Cant remember if you told me before but did you ever read this?

I haven't, I've been meaning to but I never got around to picking it up. Some of those Weekly PPV's are really, really tough to watch.

Source

Promoting TNA Wrestling’s live event at the War Memorial Auditorium in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Velvet Sky addressed a number of topics in an lengthy interview with The Miami Herald including her transition to a singles competitor, the state of the Knockouts division, becoming the Women’s Knockout Champion last year her dream opponent and more.

Highlights are as follows:

Branching out a singles wrestler after being attached to Angelina Love: “For a while it was me and Angelina [Love in The Beautiful People]. I was never able to shine really and do anything on my own because she was always in the spotlight.
    “Since then, they’ve broken up the Beautiful People, which I’m sad about because I wish they were still going forward with that. We had a lot of fun, her and I together, but I just feel like they broke us up, and I was able to be on my own as a singles competitor.
    “I just feel I have grown in the sense of you don’t have someone to have your back all the time. You don’t have the option to tag out and recuperate. I feel, more or less, being a singles competitor instead of in a tag team has helped me branch out and come into my own as a performer.”

TNA providing the Knockouts the time to tell stories each week and the freedom to progress: “It’s awesome here because TNA lets us explore character development. We are not just coming out there as girls wrestling and then you don’t see us for a couple of weeks. We get to do backstage vignettes and promos. They let us speak on the microphone, and we do a lot of it in the ring. You don’t see that elsewhere.
    “There are matches [elsewhere] where the girls will wrestle for three minutes or so and go to the back. They don’t say a word, and you really don’t know who is who. Here [TNA] we are so grateful we get the chance to be able to come into our own, have time to talk and have our characters develop. I just feel like that has us connected with the fans more.”

Her dream opponent: “I would absolutely love to work with Amy Dumas one day, the wrestler formally known as Lita.
    “She is the whole reason I wanted to get into this business. I have always been a fan of wrestling here and there, but when I saw her for the first time, I was just so blown away by her look and athletic ability and how she connected to the crowd, whether it was male or female.
    “I try to pattern myself after her. I don’t do the high-flying maneuvers, staying on the ground, but she is the whole reason I wanted to get into this business and got into wrestling. If she were to come here, I think that would be awesome. I would love to work with her one day.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Her dream opponent: “I would absolutely love to work with Amy Dumas one day, the wrestler formally known as Lita.

I would also love to see Lita in TNA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Can't see why Lita would go to TNA when she's obviously still in WWE's good books.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Can't see why Lita would go to TNA when she's obviously still in WWE's good books.

Maybe because she'd have a chance to really show what she's got and not be limited or held back by TNA higher ups like WWE divas are. Plus she has a better range of opponents to face like Mickie James, Gail Kim, Angelina Love etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Maybe because she'd have a chance to really show what she's got and not be limited or held back by TNA higher ups like WWE divas are. Plus she has a better range of opponents to face like Mickie James, Gail Kim, Angelina Love etc.

She's 37 with a bad neck who wasnt the best or safest wrestler even in her peak.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

WWE Divas are held back? Save the Divas of Doom I'd say most of them are in over their head, if anything! If they can't do a standing elbow drop they shouldn't be on TV. Most of them wrestle full-choreographed matches for 1-2 minutes and there's always sloppiness & mistakes.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    WWE Divas are held back? Save the Divas of Doom I'd say most of them are in over their head, if anything! If they can't do a standing elbow drop they shouldn't be on TV. Most of them wrestle full-choreographed matches for 1-2 minutes and there's always sloppiness & mistakes.

Yeah the ones that can actually wrestle are held back, like Gail Kim for instance. The ones that can't wrestle at all wouldn't be able to get a good match out of her.
    She's 37 with a bad neck who wasnt the best or safest wrestler even in her peak.

I suppose with her neck and all it would seem more fitting for her, to be in WWE. But I still think she'd be a lot happier working in TNA, they just look like a place that suits her attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jaykhunter wrote: »

Currently, yes. But in recent years they have had the likes of Gail Kim and Melina on the books but done next to nothing with them. WWE much prefere the Kelly Kelly's of the world. Hot girls rather than girls who can wrestle. Look back through the list of WWE divas in recent years and the vast majority could pass for models of some sort, only a handful of them could pass for wrestlers. Who gets pushed? The models. Who normally gets ignored? The wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

If they invested in more ring training with a few of the models it could yield better results. For instance when Trish Stratus first made the transition from valet to ring worker she was horrrendous. After a lot of hard work and training she managed to get herself up to a fair/average standard.

Now that Fit Finlay is back hopefully things will improve a bit.

If they invested in more ring training with a few of the models it could yield better results. For instance when Trish Stratus first made the transition from valet to ring worker she was horrrendous. After a lot of hard work and training she managed to get herself up to a fair/average standard.

In fairness it all goes down to work ethic at the end of the day. Trish was undoubtly a hard worker, considering how much she improved over the years and became the face of the divas divsion. That all happened in in a span of about 3/4 years after her debut. Where as Kelly Kelly has been in WWE for 6 years and is still terrible in the ring. Which kind've tells me maybe Kelly dosen't have the drive or work ethic in her to really push herself into improving, on the otherhand she might not even care at all and is just in it for the paycheck. Trish had passion and wasn't just a typical model trying to get a bit of money, she was there to wrestle.

Ah in fairness Kelly has improved a lot since her debut on ECW,the women get much less match time in WWE now then they did in Trish's time,they also got a lot more TV time to develop characters and storylines then they do now,don't really think its a fair comparison.

If any member of the WWE roster has lasted 6 years there then there is no way that they aren't hard workers.

• Advertisement

Ah in fairness Kelly has improved a lot since her debut on ECW,the women get much less match time in WWE now then they did in Trish's time,they also got a lot more TV time to develop characters and storylines then they do now,don't really think its a fair comparison.

If any member of the WWE roster has lasted 6 years there then there is no way that they aren't hard workers.

Apparently she's a really nice person, maybe she has a good attiude backstage and the management like her for it. At the same time, I don't think WWE really cares about women wrestling in general so maybe they just overlook that she might not be a hard worker. But I don't think she's improved that much at all, she can't even run the ropes probeperly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,991 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

maybe she's has other qualities that the higher ups like lol

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Apparently she's a really nice person, maybe she has a good attiude backstage and the management like her for it. At the same time, I don't think WWE really cares about women wrestling in general so maybe they just overlook that she might not be a hard worker. But I don't think she's improved that much at all, she can't even run the ropes probeperly.

I meant that just being on the road constantly for 6 years is hard work in itself,if she was in WWE just for easy money then she wouldn't/couldn't have stuck it out for so long.

When she started out on ECW she couldn't even do her handstand to the corner spot properly and she looked totally lost even when she was just doing her stripper dancing bit,since then she's gone on to have some fairly decent/passable matches by todays WWE womens standards at least.

So with the new 'Open Fight Night' concept proposed on Impact last week, which outside talent would you (realistically) like to see get a match on Impact and a shot for a contract, and who don't you want to see?

Wants -

1. John Morrison (With Melina) - Great matches with Aries and Daniels waiting to happen, miss his matches on Raw actually.

2. Lita - Always loved her, think she would still be a great asset to the knockout division. 37 now but Tara is still doing fine in her 40's.

3. Chavo Guerrero - Experienced, can have great matches with the X-Division guys, and the younger ones will learn from him. Even if he's paired with Mexican America would improve the tag-division.

4. Batista. Because he's Batista. Though extremely unlikely.

5. Carlito - Not sure where he would fit in, would likely end up lost in the shuffle feuding with Robbie E or Eric Young, but always liked his character and work.

6. Sean Waltman - Didn't happen for him 2 years ago with 'The Band' but will always be a fan of his.

7. Matt Hardy - If he's clean and sorted out his personal problems, I would welcome him back.

8. Kaval - Not sure where he is now, but he's wasted not being on TV every week.

Don't Want -

1. Andy Levine - For the million and one reasons stated in his thread.

2. Vladimir Kozlov and Chris Masters - For the same reasons as each other, both had improved when they exited WWE but don't think they would add anything to the roster. Would only end up having matches with Morgan, Crimson and Gunner.

3. Maryse - Sexier than most of the knockouts, but wouldn't be an improvement in-ring and the knockout division is fairly stacked (pun intended)

4. Shane Helms - He's 38 this year and there are better options than him in recruiting for X-Division. Maybe if he joined as a tag-team with Matt Hardy could be intriguing matches with MCMG.

5. MVP - Was never a fan of his, just annoyed the crap out of me, think he's doing well in Japan though anyway.

6. Bobby Lashley - Don't think he plans to return to pro-wrestling but he couldn't talk and wasn't great in-ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

chavo is already there, he works for the indian version, i think he is 1 half of the tag team champs.
    the rest i dont want at all from the list above, would like to see jack adams given another chance, he had a hell of a match from the competition that ion got his contract from.

Fergal Devitt and Sean Maxer would do very well there as well i think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

montyrebel wrote: »
    Fergal Devitt and Sean Maxer would do very well there as well i think

That would be brilliant.
    Personally i wouldn't mind if Devitt lost the match because what he's doing in Japan is phenomenal and shouldn't be stopped just yet.

Double post </3

Charisteas wrote: »
    1. John Morrison (With Melina)
    2. Lita
    3. Chavo Guerrero
    4. Batista
    5. Carlito
    6. Sean Waltman
    7. Matt Hardy
    8. Kaval
    1. Andy Levine
    2. Vladimir Kozlov and Chris Masters
    3. Maryse
    4. Shane Helms
    5. MVP
    6. Bobby Lashley
    I wouldnt mind any of them getting a shot. After all, it's not a guaranteed contract, just a chance for one. You cant have everyone winning one. Obviously Batista wont happen, especially not something like that, but the rest could come in, have a real try out match and have two or three of them signed. Have those who did well but didnt win come back in a few months and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

actually it is jack evans I am thinking of not jack adams whoever that is lol

• Advertisement

montyrebel wrote: »
    actually it is jack evans I am thinking of not jack adams whoever that is lol

Hopefully not this lol http://www.jackadamsusa.com/

Advertisement