Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Charisteas wrote: »
    Is there any specific reason why they picked Dallas as the host city for their 10 year anniversary show? Do they have some history or significance there?

I don't particually remember Dallas wrestling shows in recent times (be it WWE or TNA) but I would have thought a more guaranteed 'wrestling' city such as Chicago, New York, or Philaedelphia would have been a better option, especially since the Nashville debacle.
    Nope, but they dont usually have any significance. Mostly seems to be whatever big city they can get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Is there any specific reason why they picked Dallas as the host city for their 10 year anniversary show? Do they have some history or significance there?

I don't particually remember Dallas wrestling shows in recent times (be it WWE or TNA) but I would have thought a more guaranteed 'wrestling' city such as Chicago, New York, or Philaedelphia would have been a better option, especially since the Nashville debacle.

Dixie Carter is from Dallas. Most importantly so is her family and TNA's backer Panda Energy, her family's business. The dirtsheet/carny reading of it is it is an attempt to woo Panda Energy into investing more in TNA.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I wonder if it's expensive to set up a well-functioning business? Like no matter what WWE put on they have many different revenue streams and safety nets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

rovert wrote: »
    Dixie Carter is from Dallas. Most importantly so is her family and TNA's backer Panda Energy, her family's business.

Speaking of Panda Energy, I always wondered why they didn't advertise on TNA TV in the same way that Direct Auto Insurance do. It would be free advertisement right?

And those beautiful Panda's made Vince change the name of his company.

wwf-logo-mash-up.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,472 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Here are this Thursday’s confirmed TNA iMPACT! matches:

Velvet Sky vs. Brooke Tessmacher
    Matt Morgan vs. Crimson
    Non-Title Match: Austin Aries © vs. Zema Ion
    TV Title Match: Devon © vs. Robbie E
    Non-Title Match: Bobby Roode vs. RVD vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy

Surely there is someone else for Devon to feud with :confused:

Robbie E is the man! I'd much rather see him wrestle every week than Devon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Surely there is someone else for Devon to feud with :confused:

I'll give you a clue

tumblr_lmwg8pYBYG1qjqtkfo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ryders dad?! That would be awesome!! :D

oh wait....you meant.....Never mind!

:pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Robbie E is the man! I'd much rather see him wrestle every week than Devon.

I hope both can soon move on to new feuds, did Devon finish his feud with Pope?

• Advertisement

devonawhellnawrobbieet.jpg

74747_271658162929741_237584483003776_534295_351154950_n.jpg

So King Mo will fight for Bellator AND wrestle for TNA. WTF.

I love the way they have a six sided ring in the TNA picture :pac:

I hope both can soon move on to new feuds

I don't think Devon will have any sort of feud until he loses his TV title, will likely just have a new opponent every week until he does lose it.

Robbie E seems to be moving onto
    Garrett Bischoff
    , kicking off a disgusting war of words by calling him a, um, 'hamster'. I must be getting old because I don't get the innuendo or offense in that.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20120510/ENTERTAINMENT/205100314/TNA-Wrestling-returns-city?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

I don't think Devon will have any sort of feud until he loses his TV title, will likely just have a new opponent every week until he does lose it.

Robbie E seems to be moving onto
    Garrett Bischoff
    , kicking off a disgusting war of words by calling him a, um, 'hamster'. I must be getting old because I don't get the innuendo or offense in that.

http://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/article/20120510/ENTERTAINMENT/205100314/TNA-Wrestling-returns-city?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|p

They will probably put the X Division Title on Garrett Bischoff soon enough

Robbie E calls everybody he dislikes a hamster.

Robbie E calls everybody he dislikes a hamster.

I hear his mother was a hamster, and his father smelt of elderberries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

They will probably put the X Division Title on Garrett Bischoff soon enough

Wouldnt surprise me, looks like Aries will be in the World Title frame sooner rather than later

Hogan said on some random radio show in the US these two contacted TNA and now Johnny posted this:

AskCRVqCQAANyU8.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows I am on Masters dick hard time. So I hope it happens.

TNA are plugging a big surprise for the May 31st show so JoMo could debut there.

• Advertisement

That's not even a live show, is it?

What would his name be? Jack Morrison?

I personally liked Johnny Thunder :o

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    That's not even a live show, is it?

It's the night they move up an hour so they need a hook.

May 31st will probably be the next "Open Fight Night, Brother", i'm just assuming that they will take place on the last Thursday of every month as the first one was on April 26th.

Morrison would be an awesome surprise on Open Fight Night, he would really add another dimension to the X-Division and I think he would just slot in really well on the roster. He's certainly top of my wish list for TNA as I wrote here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=78343422&postcount=2425

Masters i'm not so sure about. Depends on what they have planned for him really. The way to go with Masters is to air promos and vignettes building him up first and making him look like a big deal. If he debuts as a surprise, crowd may $hit all over him. Not even Matt Hardy got a roof-raising crowd response when he surprised debuted as he's regarded as one of the best tag-team wrestlers of the past 15 years, though his career was already on the downer by the time he had left WWE and maybe that was fresh in the minds of the crowd.

An up close version of the Slammiversary poster (which will probably cause some conspiracy theories as to why some people were excluded):
    TNA-wrestling-10-years_01.jpg

Is Kid Kash still on the roster? He's not on that list! :pac:

Kazarian too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No Black Reign or Misty?
    I know dustin rhodes is there but give the fans what they want.

Considering what he meant to TNA, the lack of Curry Man is insulting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Considering what he meant to TNA, the lack of Curry Man is insulting.

No Shark Boy either wtf?

• Advertisement

Amazing Red, Young Bucks, Awesome Kong and Daffney are missing too. Reckon this list could get very long!

Advertisement