Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

They already did.

That wasnt really much of a feud though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    That wasnt really much of a feud though

One very good PPV match is better than none at all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

That's not hardly enough! They need at least 2 more. And where's Senshi! (I know, i mean why wasn't he signed with TNA :mad:); really could've jump started the X-Division. Aries is holding it up by himself.

I think we'll see Sabin in the next MMG return video, then together in another one :) hopefully!

One very good PPV match is better than none at all.

Shelley should have used a lot more and better while Sabin was out injuried imo and I really wanted to see a decent lengthy feud between Aries and Shelley

From Dixie's Twitter:
    I'm in Clearwater Beach w/family & just got to see @TNASorensen for 1st time since the ICU. Great seeing you!
    x2_b9904ca

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Decided to give Impact a shot tonight...

pretty enjoyable so far, opened with the usual opening segment nonsense but forst match was Zima iIon and Austin Aries in a fourway with to other guys I dont know which was brilliant till bubba ray interuppted..

I dont watch TNA very often but I have to admit Im enjoying this

ImpactWrestling.com has announced that Eric Young and ODB will hold their wedding on the April 12 episode of Impact Wrestling. The website issued an invitation to fans asking them to RSVP via Facebook.

The invitation states, "Join us for a Match made in Wrestling Heaven in the IMPACT Zone, WHERE NOTHING CAN GO WRONG! BAM!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 54,033 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im really happy for the couple

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Ken Anderson had her first

Shocking turn of events:

The following is from TMZ.com:
    Former Team USA wrestling bad ass Kurt Angle has hit a major hurdle in his quest to return to the Olympics … telling TMZ he sustained a major injury that could put an end to his journey.

Angle — who won a gold medal for heavyweight freestyle wrestling at the ’96 games — just called in to “TMZ Live” and explained, “I injured my hamstring this morning … it is a tear.”

The 43-year-old says the injury occurred during a training session this morning … and he has an MRI scheduled for tomorrow.

Angle tells us, “I still plan on going [to the Olympics] … I’ve been training for a whole year now … so it all depends on how it heals … but if this tear is really bad, there’s a chance I may not go.”

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Shocking stuff :rolleyes: it went the way of Angle fighting Couture in the UFC, who'd've thought it!

This just in, Angle wouldn't have made it to the olympics because it's up a flight of stairs.

Dave Meltzer:

Angle says he's injured, a few weeks before trials

Kurt Angle told TMZ earlier today that he tore his hamstring while training this morning and will be undergoing an MRI tomorrow. He said the tear is really bad. The Olympic trials are in just over three weeks.

In theory, that should also put him out of the Lockdown cage match with Jeff Hardy.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Kinda obvious considering he was still wrestling on a weekly basis with TNA. If he was really going for it he'd have taken time off to ensure this sort of thing didnt happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

How did Kurt Angle become such a compulsive liar? UFC, Ending Undertaker's streak and now Olympics. The guys is an embarrassment to himself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scott Steiner posted a pair of tweets voicing his displeasure with TNA's current creative direction as well as taking a shot at Hulk Hogan:

"Can somebody send tna's booking team of pritchard hogan n bischoff video's from ring ka king..booking hogan in a sex tape wont help Ratings..what an embarassment to tna n spike tv Brother..."

"Wait... His ex-wife said he was .gay..so who's the guy in the sex tape"

UPDATE: PWInsider is reporting that Scott Steiner has indeed been released from TNA. More releases are expected to occur soon.

http://www.tnasylum.com/2012/04/scott-steiner-rips-tna-creative-hulk.html

=================

The former World Heavyweight Champion continued his verbal onslaught of his former employer and its creative figure heads late into the night with the following messages:

* Read my tweats people, I am not blasting TNA if I do I will let you know.

* Right now im trying to save tna bcuz its the titanic and its sinking fast bcuz hogan n bischoff r doing the same bull**** they did to de …

* It took them 1 1/2 months to drive tna to its lowest ratings ever…the best way to save it is to jump off and be the voice for the guys …

* Bitter????I have nothing to be bitter about! I have a contract extension signed by tna officials that under the circumstances i would no …

* Official that under the circumstances i would not sign

* Same bull**** they did to destoy wcw

* That cant say anything

source: PWInsider.com

The bitterness is strong with this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Steiner Vs <SNIP> @ WM29 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Shame Steiner only tweeted all that instead of recording a drunken video.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Steiner is boss! :D

I havent watched much TNA lately but he sounds about right from when I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Steiner is boss! :D

I havent watched much TNA lately but he sounds about right from when I did.

Thats a bit harsh on Bully Ray, Aries, Storm, Rhoode, Magnus & Joe who have been great lately. But Steiner is gas, pity he didn't insult Garret Jerkoff.

• Advertisement

TNA and Spike TV have reached a multi-year contractual agreement to extend their television contract. "Dixie Carter and her team at TNA have done a phenomenal job in developing stars for an exciting, high-action brand that resonates with Spike’s audience," Spike TV's Kevin Kay stated in a press release. “We are excited to further our partnership and will continue to build and invigorate the franchise together.”

TNA's Dixie Carter added: "We are thrilled that Spike TV will be IMPACT Wrestling's home for years to come,” said Carter. "The dedication that Kevin Kay and the network have shown us in building our brand is what makes this announcement even more meaningful for me. And look for some exciting things to happen on Impact in the near future."

Powell's POV: This is obviously huge news for TNA, as the current deal was set to expire in the fall. The Spike television contract has been a huge source of revenue for the company.

:P

Any chance of Tna signing a few new talents or are they struggling to pay the talents they already have like Hogan, Bischoff, Rvd & Kennedy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,279 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So much for the whole story about Hogan et al stealing the contract from TNA to do their own show.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Any chance of Tna signing a few new talents or are they struggling to pay the talents they already have like Hogan, Bischoff, Rvd & Kennedy.

Their roster is big enough to split into two, I'd say faces will go before they arrive.

Eric Young has landed a show on Animal Planet:
    "Avid outdoorsman and professional wrestler Showtime Eric Young hits the road and crisscrossing the country to celebrate and fish hand to hand with America's most extreme anglers. FISH AMERICA (wt) follows Young as he tracks down some of the most creative, unusual and dangerous fishing rituals around the country. FISH AMERICA takes you on a hunt for massive bass from a speeding kayak in whitewater rapids in Texas and transports viewers to Florida, where anglers capture 300-pound sharks MacGyver style using only a pair of women's pantyhose. Young is on a mission to learn the methods of America's fishing masterminds while embracing the madness of these local traditions, which have been practiced for years. And no matter how long it takes and how many bumps and bruises he gets along the way, Young keeps the adventure going until he catches the ultimate fish."

lol he'll probably grapple the fish now

Scott Steiner responded to Hulk Hogan via Twitter in his unique, colorful way writing
    "U R a fool Hogan-U n bischoff
    arrogantly came into Tna n
    disrespected n sh** on evrybdy bhind closed doors n in the media. U unprofessional mothrf**k'rs attackd AJ, Roode, Angle n Borash n the media, but to attack Angle
    professionally n personally was
    bullsh** Which i will address later, YOU, bischoff n pritchard book the
    show,tell me how u lobbying yurself to get me back,U lying piece of sh**. No believes yur bullsh**,U see money n talent in me really,U also think bitchoffs son is the future of wrestling F*** U. Yur an idiot, U intro me to yur family n im nice doesn't mean i give a f**k about u N and yur bust-out family. Put yur daughter on the corner n see if she can earn money on her back bcuz she cant sing or dance. U dont know....u dont know who i am
    and what im capable of..yur creative control wont help u in real life situations"

GTR63 wrote: »
    Put yur daughter on the corner n see if she can earn money on her back

*Searches for wallet*

I guess that's Steiner never to be seen again in TNA. Why is he so pi$$ed off anyway, thought he had a good thing going in India with Ring Ka King?

Charisteas wrote: »
    *Searches for wallet*

I guess that's Steiner never to be seen again in TNA. Why is he so pi$$ed off anyway, thought he had a good thing going in India with Ring Ka King?

It is a Lagana work.

Dave Meltzer today confirmed it was a work too.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    It is a Lagana work.

Dave Meltzer today confirmed it was a work too.
    So Steiner's coming back to TNA to feud with Garrett Bischoff?

Advertisement