Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it true the wrestlers can't take other bookings while on downtime? Like can't wrestle indies.

Bully Rey and Devon seem to be able to taking bookings on the Indies, and i've heard about other wrestlers taking bookings recently too. It seems TNA has become more relaxed towards wrestlers taking bookings outside of TNA now, ever since the problems began.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Is it true the wrestlers can't take other bookings while on downtime? Like can't wrestle indies.

Nah it is pretty much open season. I've heard different things about appearing on iPPV and TV but terms of just basic Indies TNA talent have flooded the scene from American to the UK to Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Dont think it is true, for example Magnus is wrestling Belfast this saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Is it the show that I heard someone mention here recently, Matt Sydal is appearing it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

no matt was here a few weeks back, the show last night had Magnus, Drew McIntyre and Mason Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Anybody watch British Boot Camp? Thought Mark Andrews and Kris Travis had a really good match.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anybody watch British Boot Camp? Thought Mark Andrews and Kris Travis had a really good match.

Watching it now , only up to that match . I thought that red head one in the womens match was surprisingly good. The tag match before that was a bit meh . The opener was decent i thought

Explain me this were the winners actually picked in the final episode?

rovert wrote: »
    Explain me this were the winners actually picked in the final episode?

There's another four episodes left in the series. They picked the six winners that go on to the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Good show.

I wasn't a fan of how they dealt with announcing who got through as it killed all suspense knowing 6 people were going through anyway. Not to mention that Grado was a cert.

• Advertisement

There's another four episodes left in the series. They picked the six winners that go on to the US.

Ah I thought this was final episode.

I did watch the first series btw. :P

I thought they picked the right people. I would've picked Dar over Brown but then Dar went through anyway because of Kris Travis having to pull out so it's a moot point.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mastiff vs Brown really surprised me actually, Mastiff can seriously move for a big lad

Might as well ask did anyone see the PENULTIMATE IMPACT while I am asking about Knockouts Knockdown.

This is such a great line.

https://twitter.com/ChrisRiddle/status/533224458790899713

The next to last iMPACT! was just a show really. The Wolves losing the tag titles irks me to no end but realistically for TNA at the moment it doesn't really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was watching it thinking imagine if WWE did that with the MitB case. Everyone just forgot he had it until this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I don't have any major issue with the Wolves losing. They have beaten pretty much everyone so dropping the titles should keep them fresh, assuming more shows in the somewhat near future. Are the UK shows still the only ones they have planned?

Is Joe's injury a real one, or did he use up all his contracted matches or something?
    Was watching it thinking imagine if WWE did that with the MitB case. Everyone just forgot he had it until this week.

I remembered he had it, I was just convinced they had forgotten he had it :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Are the UK shows still the only ones they have planned?

Yep. PW Insider reported yesterday that they'll announce the new deal next week (which I'm pretty sure is the first time they've put a time frame on it) and then they'll run shows in New York in early January but the Wrestling Observer has been saying it's due in the next week for the last month now so take it for what it's worth.

Just caught up with the last 2 episodes of British Boot Camp. Knew Grado would get through and it was all for show, but from what I saw I didn't think he deserved it over Samuels. I was sure Samuels would go through with the way Al Snow asked him to take on Grado. True Grado was more over with the crowd and all.
    Otherwise I would probably agree with the picks.

Watched the WrestleTalkTV after each one as well and was surprised to hear both Spud and Marty Scurll say they had never heard of Richard Parliament before he showed up there.

I did enjoy watching the judges reactions in the background during the matches. Think there were 2 moves which involved using the apron as a weapon and you could see the judges were shocked/surprised. At one point Al even stood up after seeing a move

I did enjoy watching the judges reactions in the background during the matches. Think there were 2 moves which involved using the apron as a weapon and you could see the judges were shocked/surprised. At one point Al even stood up after seeing a move

Gail Kim singing along to Like A Prayer was a highlight.

• Advertisement

I will do a big catch up on the show later this week. Can't believe the Owenss were as bad as people have described. Them messing up basic drills has to be a work.

Speaking of works Kay Lee Ray who is really good and deserving don't get it twisted was a surprise pick to most people as she beat Nikki Storm. I assume Nikki wasn't chosen as Storm has a lot of WWE interest. She was a Rosebud on Raw and Smackdown but I heard about WWE's interest about 2-3 months ago. WWE specifically went to a SHINE Women's Wrestling show in Florida last month just to scout her. I'd asked around if WWE is in the process of signing her/did things go well at the WWE tapings this week but Nikki isn't telling anyone anything. Which is part of course of the WWE signing process for non-Americans as WWE tells Wrestlers to saying nothing until their Visa comes through. I guess we will know the truth in six months time.

Kay Lee Ray was easily the most impressive of the four in the Finals match they had.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm trying to get the TNA airing situation straight:

This week: tomorrow's impact will be the final "proper" TNA show to air
    Next week: there's a film airing next wednesday (26th) instead of impact. The week after: (presumably a best of) tna show will air? I thought the "best ofs" were cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I'm trying to get the TNA airing situation straight:

This week: tomorrow's impact will be the final "proper" TNA show to air
    Next week: there's a film airing next wednesday (26th) instead of impact. The week after: (presumably a best of) tna show will air? I thought the "best ofs" were cancelled?

Think it is only pre-empted on the 26th. Back to whatever they had planned after that.

So no Turkey bowl this year? Inconceivable

So best of iMPACTs are still going to air in December?

So best of iMPACTs are still going to air in December?

Meltzer said no over the weekend.

DON'T BE STRESSING, JAY.

Seemingly TNA has signed a new deal with Destination America and told SPIKE you are grand lads were are off. IMPACT after October 1st might been airing for free. All SPIKE is seemingly doing is giving TNA a shop window to get a new deal elsewhere. With a new deal done they no longer need that shop window.

Hopefully TNA announces something during tonight's show if not before. Very much a wait and see situation.

I'd guess the best of's will be produced anyway for international TV but there is very little reason for Spike to air them at this stage. They'd likely do a better rating with a Cops rerun anyway.

Cheers Rovert, just trying to get the all the information straight (even if it changes tonight!) Whatcha mean by "IMPACT after October 1st might been airing for free."?

It's a little bit of a shame that they won't have a "season finale" on Spike. Concession of a bulk-taped show. A bit like the WWE Mag/Powerslam closing, it's business as usual for 99% of the magazine.

• Advertisement

Cheers Rovert, just trying to get the all the information straight (even if it changes tonight!) Whatcha mean by "IMPACT after October 1st might been airing for free."?.

Instead of SPIKE paying TNA a rights fee to air IMPACT they are either doing it for free or as a part of a barter deal. That's only been speculated now.

Advertisement