Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

cena wrote: »
    When did Al snow join TNA.

Also josh Matthews has joined TNA.

Snow has been working for TNA as an agent for around four years now.

Not a big fan of replacing Tenay with Matthews. Not so much because I have anything against Matthews but for other reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Snow has been working for TNA as an agent for around four years now.

Not a big fan of replacing Tenay with Matthews. Not so much because I have anything against Matthews but for other reasons.

They've dropped Tenay? Wow their quest to turn into WWE from 10 years back continues

When did TNA go back too 6 sided ring and why? I haven't watched Aces and Eights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That came sometime earlier in the year if I'm not mistaken. I only watch it fleetingly nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When did TNA go back too 6 sided ring and why? I haven't watched Aces and Eights

Yeah earlier this year. TNA had a fan poll to decide on whether TNA should go back to the six sided ring. Apparently the fans voted for it.

• Advertisement

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Yeah earlier this year. TNA had a fan poll to decide on whether TNA should go back to the six sided ring. Apparently the fans voted for it.

Strange. I'm not a fan of the 6 sided ring and didnt a lot of wrestlers speak out against it when hogan and co got it changed back too a normal ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Tenay works best in a three man team as the guy who just knows about wrestling. Let him do that and he will shine. He is fairly good on play by play but for most of his time in TNA he has been trying to do that, and carry his partner almost every week. As soon as Don West got good, they replaced him.

The first NY tapings. There has always been fan demand for it to come back, right from the second it was changed. The night the four sided ring returned pretty much set the tone for Hogan's entire time in the company. In response to a loud "we want six sides" chant, he essentially told everyone in attendance and watching at home that it doesn't matter what you want, he makes the decisions now. Hogan was only gone a few months and there was talk of it being brought back, eventually leading to a fan poll which was really just a formality.

Strange. I'm not a fan of the 6 sided ring and didnt a lot of wrestlers speak out against it when hogan and co got it changed back too a normal ring?

Yeah, there were some wrestlers who spoke out against it alright. I believe Austin Aries was one of them. But the poll voted in favor of it. Although I'm usually skeptical of fan polls in wrestling. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just TNA management's decision to bring it back, and just used the poll as device to bring it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

It's supposed to be much harder to bump on and it takes a while to get used to as well.

I like the idea of the six-sides. It's different and helps set it apart from the WWE, but I think it looks a bit too gimmicky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone watch this?
    http://www.tnasylum.com/2014/12/british-boot-camp-2-redemption.html

British Boot Camp matches on Xplosion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10898281_10152704440836026_1643925900309080148_n.jpg?oh=2e777d19e012403b0806960b6278fc1e&oe=553B6EB7

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (December 30, 2014) – TNA today announced Olympic Gold Medalist and TNA Hall-of-Fame member Kurt Angle has signed a new contract to remain an active TNA roster member. Kurt can be seen on IMPACT WRESTLING’s new home, Destination America, during a special LIVE event from New York City on Wednesday January 7 at 9/8c.

“Kurt Angle’s arrival nearly a decade ago put TNA on the map. Now Kurt leads a fresh, young IMPACT WRESTLING locker room into a whole new era on Destination America,” said TNA President Dixie Carter. “Once Kurt steps inside those ropes there is no greater talent in professional wrestling.”

“I’m extremely excited to remain with TNA Wrestling,” said Angle. “The driving force behind my signing is the honesty, great communication and positive changes being made by Dixie Carter and John Gaburick. Things are moving upward and forward at TNA, and 2015 will be a great one for all of us at IMPACT WRESTLING.”

For more information on Kurt Angle and other talent signings visit impactwrestling.com, and follow IMPACT WRESTLING on twitter @IMPACTWRESTLING and TNA President Dixie Carter @TNADixie.

IMPACT WRESTLING premieres in its permanent time slot on Fridays from 9-11 PM ET beginning January 16 on Destination America. And, IMPACT WRESTLING: UNLOCKED with Mike Tenay premieres in its permanent time slot on Saturdays from 10 AM-Noon ET beginning January 17, immediately followed by TNA GREATEST MATCHES from Noon-1 PM ET.

They better not make a mess of the Angle/Lashley match.

Still dreading the idea of Angle back in the ring. He's been out of it for about a year now, if you don't count his short return before he got injured. Top that with my weariness of his health. I feel like at this point he's at more risk now then ever.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    Good news lads

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance_405.jpg

So you're telling me there's a chance? :)

87e2q.jpg
    87dY4.jpg

B6XyP99IAAAACd2.jpg
    B6XWqpSIEAQCVMz.jpg
    B6W0PfYIYAAvZv9.jpg

Thought they signed those lads last year to MULTI YEAR DEALS.

Well they announced the new deals today so technically those deals covered 2014 and 2015.:p

Who says they aren't simply new contracts, likely for less money? You don't have to be out of contract to get a new one. Imagine how insane football would be if contracts had to expire before a new one could be signed.

If anything it shows they are learning from past mistakes where they often let contract expire before even talking to the wrestler about a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,393 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

According to F4WOnline.com, TNA wants to secure Alberto Del Rio for an appearance on Wednesday’s live Impact Wrestling debut on Destination America.TNA reportedly wants Impact to debut with a fresh look, and the company feels a Del Rio appearance would be a great way to present a re-boot of the product to the fans.
    If TNA does get Del Rio for an appearance on Wednesday, it would have to be a non-exclusive deal, as Del Rio is already signed to appear on ROH TV through March of this year.
    Furthermore, it’s being said big money deals are being offered to Del Rio from Bellator and Lucha Underground, in addition to TNA.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/539939-tna-wants-alberto-del-rio-for-impact

B6mZmhsCUAAKcmZ.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    According to F4WOnline.com, TNA wants to secure Alberto Del Rio for an appearance on Wednesday’s live Impact Wrestling debut on Destination America.TNA reportedly wants Impact to debut with a fresh look, and the company feels a Del Rio appearance would be a great way to present a re-boot of the product to the fans.
    If TNA does get Del Rio for an appearance on Wednesday, it would have to be a non-exclusive deal, as Del Rio is already signed to appear on ROH TV through March of this year.
    Furthermore, it’s being said big money deals are being offered to Del Rio from Bellator and Lucha Underground, in addition to TNA.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/539939-tna-wants-alberto-del-rio-for-impact

So they want to show their new look and reboot by having another former WWE guy?

He didn't get a fancy graphic but Eric Young also signed a new deal.

So has Eric Young slipped back down the pecking order since he was their champion last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After another thread, I'm now waiting for the graphics for Norv Fernum and Dewey Barnes

I haven't ever even heard of these guys, were they big stars for TNA or are they lower card performers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the angle one is the only one without a hyphon in re-signs

me thinks some people read it wrong and paniced! :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

10689655_10152745372971026_5190601705131845667_n.jpg?oh=8e1ad57f1f5ed8fb8aed64adb373e3d1&oe=5531D8FE&__gda__=1428911787_72566590d17b782f00ac431dd1861c6a

• Advertisement

Not sure when it happened, but Devon is now listed as alumini whereas he was still listed on the active roster fairly recently. Odd considering he appeared on the post Bound for Glory shows unlike Bully Ray.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    So they want to show their new look and reboot by having another former WWE guy?

To be fair to TNA, they really cut down on that in recent years. Once upon a time anyone who ever appeared in WWE would be highly sought after by them but that hasn't been the case in a while. Look at what they did with Zeke Jackson and Snitsky recently. A few years ago both would have gotten big pushes. Now they were brought in, did the job and out the door again. Tyrus hasn't had a chance to do anything due to when he debuted, but MVP, Bram, Lashley and especially EC3 have all been big hits. What other former WWE guy has debuted recently?

The only negative for Del Rio is his age. At 37 he may not have many years left in him.
    So has Eric Young slipped back down the pecking order since he was their champion last year?

At the time, the TNA roster was getting very small and they likely didn't know who would be sticking around. Young had been there for about 10 years and was always loyal so wouldn't be leaving. He was a safe bet when they were worried about finances and contracts. With the TV deal sorted and their future secure, Young can go back to being a solid mid card guy who can main event if needed. Similar to Dolph Ziggler in WWE in the past few years. A solid mid carder who can fill in higher up when needed.

Advertisement