Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    Instead of SPIKE paying TNA a rights fee to air IMPACT they are either doing it for free or as a part of a barter deal. That's only been speculated now.

It would make sense as to why they planned to do best of's instead of taping TV. Without money from Spike they would've been footing the entire cost of TV tapings themselves (thus why they weren't planning to do it).

In fairness to Spike, they've been as fair to TNA on the way out as you could reasonably expect.

https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/535078306883059712

The link is just to their newsletter sign up but they'll be announcing today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

TNA writes very good "misleading" press releases they will push all these exciting programming opportunities across the Discovery Network much like they did the Viacom Network. Whether that gets delivered is another story.

Remember when they spun taking Impact off the road and moving back to Orlando by implying IMPACT365 was more than just a few half hearted Youtube videos?

They wouldn't be great press releases if they didn't make things seem better than they were. :) So how much do we think they're going to announce today? Just a new TV deal or some spiel about a new era in TNA to go with it? Personally I'd attempt to load the announcement with as much as possible.

4fb2177f1968895bb5b23812242cfa42_L.jpg?t=1416436476
    (Silver Spring, Md.) – Discovery Communications announced today that it has signed a multi-year deal with TNA (Total Nonstop Action) IMPACT WRESTLING to bring the popular league to homes nationwide on Destination America, the only network dedicated to celebrating the people, places and stories of the United States. Destination America officially enters the ring with its first world premiere of IMPACT WRESTLING in January 2015. The series features some of the biggest names in professional wrestling, including Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle, Bobby Lashley and Gail Kim. The partnership includes the U.S. premieres of additional TNA WRESTLING series and specials and provides Discovery Communications with international broadcasting rights in select regions, to be announced at a later date.

“Our partnership in this uniquely entertaining franchise with TNA IMPACT WRESTLING provides a significant addition to Destination America’s programming strategy,” said Henry Schleiff, Group President of Destination America, Investigation Discovery, American Heroes Channel, Discovery Fit & Health and Discovery Family Channel. “The enduring, cross-generational enthusiasm of pro wrestling is felt by millions of fans around the country, from coast-to-coast and throughout the heartland. We are delighted to bring this beloved American pastime to the one and only network dedicated to celebrating the unique spirit of the U.S., Destination America.”

“Our knockout partnership with TNA IMPACT WRESTLING continues Destination America’s mission of bringing our viewers the best of all-American entertainment, and going center ring with one of the world’s foremost professional wrestling leagues fits perfectly within our DNA,” said Marc Etkind, general manager of Destination America. “Wrestling has created a fiercely loyal, passionate and widespread fan base, and we look forward to being part of the TNA family.”

“We are very excited about Destination America being the new network for IMPACT WRESTLING and the partnership with Discovery Communications both domestically and across the globe. Their commitment to promote and grow our brand in innovative and compelling ways was instrumental in knowing we had found the right home,” said TNA President Dixie Carter. “Together we will create an experience that takes our fans on a new journey that will push the envelope of technology, including where we take our cameras, going deeper into our superstars’ lives and showing the reality of what it takes to create a weekly professional wrestling show, all while showcasing the very best male and female athletes in the world.”

Since launching in 2012, Destination America has become one of cable’s top five fastest-growing networks*, earning 10 consecutive quarters of year-over-year growth in Prime among P2+. With top series that explore unique American cultures and ways of life – including Mountain Monsters, A Haunting, Hillbilly Blood, Buying the Bayou, Buying Alaska, Ghost Asylum and BBQ Pitmasters – Destination America’s programming spans the nation from Alaska, Hawaii and Colorado to Louisiana, West Virginia and communities in between. To find Destination America, the new home of TNA’s IMPACT WRESTLING, go to destinationamerica.com/watchda.

TNA is a privately held sports entertainment company based in Nashville, Tenn., specializing in TV properties, events, merchandise, music, and the management and promotion of professional wrestlers. TNA annually delivers more than 500 hours of original content to millions of fans around the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

How big is that network? I never even heard of it, but the same could be said for 95% of American networks.

Hopefully the break doesn't effect the show quality. The last couple of weeks have only been good (basically going through the motions) but the weeks before that were great. Hope they get another set of NY shows before the UK shows. Two of their best markets would be a great start for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How big is that network? I never even heard of it, but the same could be said for 95% of American networks.

Hopefully the break doesn't effect the show quality. The last couple of weeks have only been good (basically going through the motions) but the weeks before that were great. Hope they get another set of NY shows before the UK shows. Two of their best markets would be a great start for them.

From what I hear it's a small network, even smaller than Spike tv. Fans on other forums are saying it's going to be worse now. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Has 60% of Spike's reach. Expect a massive decrease in viewership. I imagine it's also a channel difficult to find in cable. Some time to retool can be a really good thing. I wish wrestling in general had an off-season to structure itself and not an endless week to week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Riddle101 wrote: »
    From what I hear it's a small network, even smaller than Spike tv. Fans on other forums are saying it's going to be worse now. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

spike is one of the biggest cable networks in the states and does roughly the same prime time viewership as syfy (which airs smackdown)

saw this on another forum and it gives a rough idea of the availability
    USA Network (RAW) - 86.38% of US homes
    Spike TV (TNA until now) - 85.50%
    Syfy (SmackDown) - 85.33%
    E! (Total Divas) - 84.48%
    Fox Sports 1 (UFC) - 75.13%
    UniMas (Lucha Underground) - 57.8%
    Destination America (TNA in 2015) - 52.20%
    ROH - 38.1%

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

that's excellent Rossie, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

rossie1977 wrote: »
    spike is one of the biggest cable networks in the states and does roughly the same prime time viewership as syfy (which airs smackdown)

saw this on another forum and it gives a rough idea of the availability

Yes but Destination America is still a small channel. It's also not available in Canada apparently. So it's a total downgrade for TNA. But like I said, let's wait and see how TNA does on this new channel.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Yes but Destination America is still a small channel. It's also not available in Canada apparently. So it's a total downgrade for TNA. But like I said, let's wait and see how TNA does on this new channel.

Apparently TNA are already working on getting new TV in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Are they coming in January? Sorry if that is a stupid question.

Are they coming in January? Sorry if that is a stupid question.

Not to Ireland. Glasgow, Manchester and London. London is a TV taping but with a new deal I'll be surprised if they don't do the same for Glasgow at least.

Stand back lads I am about to save TNA:
    http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528711

TNA will be taping the first Destination America shows from January 7-9 in the Manhattan Centre.
    df1514b39ccd2d385fd29e19d91b31c8_L.jpg?t=1416964644

This week's Impact:

sKoLiBZ.gif

Terrifying turkey glitch aside that match is awesome.

Not to Ireland. Glasgow, Manchester and London. London is a TV taping but with a new deal I'll be surprised if they don't do the same for Glasgow at least.
    Ah that's a pity. My interest had probably been piqued enough to give them a try again.

Guessing that means Angle is sticking around for the time being at least?

• Advertisement

Guessing that means Angle is sticking around for the time being at least?

One would assume even TNA wouldn't base advertising around a guy who's been out of contract for two months. I hope they do a good job building up Angle vs. Lashley because that should be a big match.

One would assume even TNA wouldn't base advertising around a guy who's been out of contract for two months. I hope they do a good job building up Angle vs. Lashley because that should be a big match.

They built a story before with two guys on verbal (if even) contracts and had to change plans at the last minute when they decided they wanted to leave.

Angle should be cleared in the near future, so hopefully they are planning it for Lockdown to give him enough time to get back up to speed. This is the longest break he has had in quite some time, possibly since he started.

This match is so much fun.

Dixie takes a much smarter approach to her interview with JB than Vince did with Austin. Of course we've heard all the stuff about change before.
    https://soundcloud.com/impactwrestling/jeremy-borash-exclusive-interview-with-dixie-carter-dec-3-2014

Santana Garrett Ends her Deal Along with SpikeTV

On December 5, 2014, Santana Garrett appeared for the first time on iPPV, defeating former partner Amber O’Neal, since she signed a contract with TNA iMPACT Wrestling. iMPACT Wrestling is best known for their runs with Hulk Hogan, Sting, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Mick Foley, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, X-Pac, and the “Living Legend” Larry Zbyszko as the head of the championship committee. Santana Garrett was a part of the last iMPACT TV tapings held for SpikeTV before they moved to Destination America.

Santana Garrett’s deal ended in late November and since not resigning the new contract, Santana has received many offers including last night’s SHINE Wrestling event, next Saturday’s I Believe in Wrestling event in Orlando, and more announcements will be made on her Facebook /SantanaGarrett522 and Twitter @BrittanyTNA. She continues to take independent wrestling bookings at: BrittanyTNA@gmail.com

For the grief Havok's TNA run has gotten Santana's was actually ****ty. So green in the ring and can't act. It is so weird she hung around Wrestling with people like Zbyszko and Hall for years but she came across Eva Marie level lost/clueless. She's a dinger in fairness but that's about it.

Where does Samuel Shaw go from here?

I don't know how iMPACT! can keep going without the Brittany/Sam Shaw partnership. All that hard work and well written stories for nothing! In fairness to her, with the characters she had - moving from normal to lesbian stalker to psycho in about three months she never had a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,859 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched the British Boot Camp finale so my quick thoughts will be spoilered for those who want to watch themselves
    Even though I thought Kay Lee had the best match of the 3, Mark was the most consistent. Liked him from his initial interview/audition. Not sure whose fault the mistakes in his match was but they recovered. Like when he overshot the attempted hurricanrana and DJZ turning it into an arm drag.
    Think Rampage had something go wrong with the superplex due to the editing at that part.
    So overall, Mark deserved it from what I saw on the series

Genius match for Glasgow:

Vfzvjzs.jpg

I'd actually watch Al Snow for the sake of nostalgia, reminiscing about Leif Garrett way back when.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

When did Al snow join TNA.

Also josh Matthews has joined TNA.

Advertisement