Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The offical TNA thread - News, Spoilers and the rest...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/85465/impact-in-nyc-on-sale-this-friday-big-signing-for-xdivision-and-more-tna-news.html?p=1
    As we broke in the PWInsider Elite section, Low Ki and TNA are either closing in on a deal or just signed a deal that would see Ki not only wrestle but work as an agent for X-Division matches. From an in-ring perspective, I don't think TNA could come up with a better signing as a talent to help rebuild that division.

After the loss of some of the better wrestlers in the company, this is a welcomed boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/85465/impact-in-nyc-on-sale-this-friday-big-signing-for-xdivision-and-more-tna-news.html?p=1

After the loss of some of the better wrestlers in the company, this is a welcomed boost.

Until he gets pissed off after 5 minutes ha

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's a bit odd how they seemingly cant afford to keep the likes of Daniels but can afford the likes of MVP and Low Ki who would surely be similar wage demands at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Has Low Ki that many options these days?

Has Low Ki that many options these days?
    No major options.

He has retired and unretired several times now.

• Advertisement

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/85530/angle-update.html?p=1
    A source close to Kurt Angle has informed PWInsider.com that the TNA Hall of Famer will be out of the ring for 4-6 months following his ACL surgery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'll always have a soft spot for Kurt but he won't be told in terms of slowing down:

RfkF75n.gif

His injury runs longer than his current TNA contract. I hope he goes to WWE if their doctors find he shouldn't be Wrestling then good as much I would love at least one last WWE match.

It would be a shame if the Angle/D Bry match never happened.

TNA just did a massive down grade. Chris Sabin out, the former Kenneth Cameron from NXT in.

One of TNA's saving graces was always having a strong roster. But it is getting very light now. Kazarian will likely be next gone.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    TNA just did a massive down grade. Chris Sabin out, the former Kenneth Cameron from NXT in.

One of TNA's saving graces was always having a strong roster. But it is getting very light now. Kazarian will likely be next gone.

Some interesting names working the Knockouts PPV NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN most likely. Mia Yim and Scarlett Bordeaux fit the TNA model somwhat but Jessica Havok is rather left field:

She is the female version of Sami Callihan, built like a tank, can really talk and has serious menace. Probably the closest thing to an Awesone Kong TNA has looked at.

• Advertisement

Anything would be better than Lei'd Tapa and Rosie Lottalove in the attempts to recapture the Kong magic category.

I don't think Rosie was intended to replace Kong. Best I can recall she wasn't booked anything like that. Tapa clearly was though. All she was missing was talent.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I don't think Rosie was intended to replace Kong. Best I can recall she wasn't booked anything like that. Tapa clearly was though. All she was missing was talent.

The idea at the time that they brought her in was to be the new Kong (the new big monster), then she nearly killed Daffney and had a match so bad it was edited off iMPACT! (which is really saying something considering how many bad matches have aired in the history of the show that weren't cut) and then she was gone as soon as she came in.

PWInsider
    There were major concerns about money at this past week’s set of TNA Impact Wrestling tapings in Orlando, specifically with the production crew.

People in production were upset about being behind on pay and it was said that if they weren’t caught up on pay by a certain point, they were going to walk out in the middle of last week’s sets of tapings.

These threats clearly made their way back to TNA management as checks were issued to people and everything cooled off. There was a 24-hour period where there was a lot of tension backstage. As noted earlier, money is tighter than ever right now for TNA.

That's no good.

Hernandez, who at one time had potential to be a singles star, is also gone.

Surprised he lasted so long. After the LAX split he floated around and never really did much again. Can't even remember the last time he was on TV. Feast or Fired match?

Yeah he hasn't been seen since Chavo left. Just after LAX he could've been a break out baby face but TNA never tried to position him as such (and for some reason had him as a heel most of the time despite his flashy dives and big power moves making him a natural face). Him and Chavo made a fun team despite Chavo's promos.

I'll always remember the Herandez vs Matt Morgan matches.

And this obviously:
    21ctfkp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    I'll always remember the Herandez vs Matt Morgan matches.

And this obviously:
    21ctfkp.jpg
    Jesus he nearly killed her! Where/when was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

MrMac84 wrote: »

MVPS rap music video "Holla to the world"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

MrMac84 wrote: »

Its edited, two angles, I'd assume when he throws her there's a mat beneath her, then it cuts to the 2nd angle where she most likely just jumps backwards herself.

edit: Hmm, can't stop looking at it and now I'm not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

nothing out of the ordinary for him to nearly kill someone though, no?

TNA just decided to let Daniels go. It wasn't even the case that they offered him a reduced deal that he turned down.
    On why he was released by TNA: "I'm not sure what their reasoning was. It wasn't money, we never even got to (talking about) money. Part of me takes it personally. Anybody that is in some sort of entertainment field where they are their own product, when you're told "No, we don't want you", of course a little bit of you takes it personally."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ Sad to see, one of my favorites in TNA. I wonder if Russo is behind it. I've heard rumors that Russo is apart of creative now, but also in the past he and Daniels didn't see eye to eye or something.

Daniels said he had just assumed he would be renewed so was surprised when he got the news. He doesn't seem to have a bad word to say about them other than not being happy at being let go.

He also denied the near constant low morale talk. He said he never seen anything he would consider low morale, most people just show up and do as they are told with minimal complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,406 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TNA IMPACT WRESTLING will make a major announcement for British and Irish fans at the London Film & Comic Con (LFCC). The announcement will be made as part of a special TNA panel Q&A for fans and media at the event at 5pm on Saturday July 12 in Earls Court 2.
    Taking place from July 11-13 at Earls Court, LFCC is Europe's largest signing event with 100,000 people expected through the doors.
    Fans will be able to meet TNA Superstars James Storm, Magnus, Brooke, Robbie E, Al Snow and Jeremy Borash throughout the weekend

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/488495-tna-to-make-announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They signed Fergal Devitt.

I thought it would be something to do with their tv deal, but unless they're moving to a time closer to the US airdate, I can't see that being it. Guess it's just tour dates or a PPV.

Might be announcing another live iMPACT! from Glasgow or something.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Might be announcing another live iMPACT! from Glasgow or something.

Yea or either "oh we have signed a brand new contract with challenge" Id be happy if we got Impact on Thursdays but doubt it

• Advertisement

Also could be something like season 2 of British Boot Camp.

Advertisement