Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

3rd level/LC/JC Maths/Physics/Chemistry grinds required/offered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭BPH

Hi, I'm doing a college course over the internet in Automation and Instrumentation. Course is based in Sligo. I'm having a bit of trouble with the instrumentation side of things (so far). Getting head around the formulas, which one to use. Ohms law etc and the rest. I'm in the Ennis area so if anyone has a good grasp of Instrumentation can you get in touch or if you know anyone that would be great as well. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maths teacher for 2nd year/14yo needed.
    One to one.
    PM

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Maths grind for leaving cert student in Mayo closer to Ballina the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PaiDragon

Maths and Electronics Grinds needed

Hi

I am a first year part time mature student and am doing Communications Technology and really need help with the maths part of it as its been quite a while since I have done maths.

Would anyone know of anyone that could give me grinds either online or one to one I live in the Clare area.

thanks
    Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

PaiDragon wrote: »
    Maths and Electronics Grinds needed

Hi

I am a first year part time mature student and am doing Communications Technology and really need help with the maths part of it as its been quite a while since I have done maths.

Would anyone know of anyone that could give me grinds either online or one to one I live in the Clare area.

thanks
    Liam

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭beya2009

Hi,

Any maths grind tutors for LC maths in wexford or waterford? Ideally anywhere near wellington bridge or wexford town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Can any of ye help me. Im a recent LAW graduate who is studying take an aptitude test. I found maths incredibly difficult in school but im noticing that the jobs i want to do require you to take a maths based aptitude test. If anyone can provide me with some help in brushing up on my basic maths, fractions, decimels percentages ratios etc. in the limerick area can ye let me know. Ill be working in supermacs for the rest of my life if i dont get help with this....thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭highfive

Subject(s): 2nd level: Junior Cert. and Leaving Cert. Maths.

3rd level: Engineering Maths, Science Maths, Business Maths, Statistics

GMAT preparation, aptitude tests for job applications, basic arithmetic etc.

Location: Dublin city and county, mornings, evenings and weekends
    Contact Name: Thomas
    Email: [email protected]
    Rate: from 35 euro/hr

References and Certs supplied. M.Sc. in pure Maths from the University of Manchester. Highly motivated, I've lots of experience tutoring 1-1 and small groups and I love it when I help someone get to grips with maths! I know the Junior cert and Leaving cert maths courses inside out at this stage!

Email, or call or text 0831360409.

Thanks.

lol surely there must be one grinds tutor for maths in Wexford town area or nearby? Looking at all the posts...there seems to be maths grinds in every county but Wexford:(

Also is there any tutors for animation in Wexford area? Ideally someone that has experience with animation or has completed a level 8 animation course? My Younger brother is currently doing an animation portfolio as part of the requirements to get into animation courses through cao but needs all the help he can get. Please pm me if anyone can help or know someone that can help:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 zagaluke

Leaving Cert subjects: Maths, Physics, Applied Maths
    Junior Cert subjects: Maths, Latin
    Grinds in Students Home? Yes (within reasonable distance)
    Email: zagaluke @ hotmail.com
    Contact name: Luke
    Cost: €25/hour (Group rates available)

About tutor:
    - 2nd year Theoretical Physics student in TCD
    - 625 points in Leaving Cert 2014. A1s in Maths, Applied Maths, Physics, Latin, English, Geography. A2s French and Irish
    - Great experience giving grinds in Maths and Latin at JC/LC level
    - Patient approach to teaching
    - Extensive knowledge of courses; knows where marks can easily be lost (and gained!)
    - Will prepare student thoroughly for exam including helping with exam technique
    - Very enthusiastic about all things Maths/Physics!

E-mail or PM me for further information and contact details if interested!

CV/references/documents available on request

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dimal

Subject(s): Maths, Project Maths, Applied Maths, Science
    Year(s): Leaving Cert / Junior Cert
    Level(s): Higher Level / Ordinary Level
    Location(s): Dublin City Centre, Dublin Northside, Dublin Southside
    Grinds in Students Home? Yes
    Rate: €25 / hour, €40 / 2 hours.
    Contact Name: Dmitry
    Email: lagodin at gmail.com
    Phone: 0870674382

I hold Bachelor degree in Applied Maths and Statistics (from Vilnius University, Lithuania) and have been giving grands for 9 years in Maths / Applied Maths / Sciences for Leaving Cert and Junior Cert students in Dublin area studying on Higher and Ordinary levels.
    I was preparing advanced students for Maths competitions in the past.
    If you are interested, call, text or pm me.
    I can travel in Dublin. City Centre is preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Hi there,

I am available for maths grinds. I currently have two places left on my leaving cert program that starts in October. I also cater for students in other years. I am 27 with a Mathematics degree and an A1 in leaving cert maths. I have been giving grinds for years and can put you in touch with past students for your reference. I am available in South Dublin and Dublin City. PM me for more information.

Cheers

Dane
    [email protected]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BlackHall

Hi All
    Looking for maths grinds in an area of Maths called number theory.

Anyone with any experience?

Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Robmeister2011

Hi,

Looking for Engineering Maths grinds in Athlone/Westmeath area.

Fourier transforms, transposition etc. I'm really terrible at it and desperately need help!

Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Hi there,

I'm looking for maths grinds for higher level junior cert maths. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

3rd level: Engineering Maths, Science Maths, Business Maths, Statistics

GMAT preparation, aptitude tests for job applications, basic arithmetic etc.

Rate: from 40 euro/hr

References and Certs supplied. M.Sc. in pure Maths from the University of Manchester. Highly motivated, I've lots of experience tutoring 1-1 and small groups and I love it when I help someone get to grips with maths! I know the Junior cert and Leaving cert maths courses inside out at this stage!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Subject(s): Maths
    Contact Name: Eoin

I have an A1 in Leaving Cert Higher level and a degree in Mathematics and Statistics. I have been giving grinds for 4 years now with a good history of results. I charge €35p/h .

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ellenodriscoll

Hi,
    Maths grinds available for both leaving cert and junior cert cycle. Based in both Cork city and Fermoy. Very reasonable rates with past success. Contact Ellen on 0862342293 or ellenodriscoll5 @gmail.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

3rd level maths grinds wanted in Mayo/Athlone area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Shane_7813

I've just started to use Mathxplain(dot)com, it is free and they have hundreds of online tutorials and the way how they explain college math is so simple and funny. Topics: precalculus, calculus, linear algebra and probability theory. Hope this helps some of you, shane.

Rate: from 40 euro/hr

Thanks,
    Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭street

Hi, I'm looking for a tutor to cover differential equations and transforms. I'm based in Dublin (North).

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

data analitics grinds.

3rd level

Dublin \ kildare area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

fran83 wrote: »
    data analitics grinds.

3rd level

Dublin \ kildare area

You have to say if you're looking for or offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dimal

Subject(s): Maths, Project Maths, Applied Maths, Science
    Year(s): Leaving Cert / Junior Cert
    Level(s): Higher Level / Ordinary Level
    Location(s): Dublin City Centre, Dublin Northside, Dublin Southside
    Rate: €25 / hour, €40 / 2 hours.
    Contact Name: Dmitry
    Email: lagodin at gmail.com
    Phone: 0870674382

Successfully giving grands since 2006 in Maths / Applied Maths / Sciences for Leaving Cert and Junior Cert students in Dublin area studying on Higher and Ordinary levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tom_k3141

Contact Name: Tom
    Phone: 0892259064

Ph.D. in Computer Science, offering grinds to students of all JC and LC level, as well as 3rd level mathematics courses for computer science. If you are interested, call, text, or visit simplymathscork.com

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

Running a couple of small Leaving Cert classes in Mullingar on Saturday mornings.

For more info and a selection of notes check out:

https://www.facebook.com/mathspoints/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Price €25/1hr . €40 2hrs.
    Contact Name: Ian
    Text 085-7305706 .

BSc in Mathematical Science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Rook250

Subject(s): Maths for Junior and Leaving Cert
    Grinds in Students Home? Yes, can be arranged.
    Price: 30 euro per hour
    Contact Name: Paul
    Email: pomahony250 @ gmail . com (Remove spaces)

2nd Year Financial Maths and Actuarial Science student in UCC. I achieved 625 points(8 A's) in my Leaving Cert, including A's in Maths, Applied Maths, Physics and Accounting.

Received Academic Entrance Scholarship from UCC and am maintaining a 1.1 grade at present, including over 95% in Calculus and Abstract Algebra. I have an understanding of the skills and strategies needed to succeed in state exams. Also really enjoy helping students lose their fear of maths and increase confidence in their abilities.

Any questions/queries, please send me an email, I would be delighted to help.

Thanks!

Advertisement