Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

3rd level/LC/JC Maths/Physics/Chemistry grinds required/offered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭techguy

Hi,

I mid way through my course in "Introduction To Formal Design" and finding it pretty tough.

I just need somebody to help me through what we have covered already and explain it in detail as the lecturer moves pretty fast.

I've attached a pdf containing some sample exam questions to give you an idea of what I need help with.

I'm free from thu-sun but could arrange mon-wed evenings if needs be.

Please call me on 0*8*7 6*1*0*1*0*2*4 or PM if you can help.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dwlh

Hi,

I'm a maths PhD student based in Dublin offering grinds in all Maths and Applied Maths subjects.

I have a first class honours degree in Maths and Applied Maths as well as a first class honours Masters in applied maths.
    I also have 4 years experience teaching enginneering, science and tech maths courses.

Rates: €30/hour. Discounts available for groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 damobyrne31

dwlh wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a maths PhD student based in Dublin offering grinds in all Maths and Applied Maths subjects.

I have a first class honours degree in Maths and Applied Maths as well as a first class honours Masters in applied maths.
    I also have 4 years experience teaching enginneering, science and tech maths courses.

Rates: €30/hour. Discounts available for groups.

Are you available tomorrow for a couple of hours to give a grind in Eng. Maths (Laplace Transform & Z transforms)????

Please contact me @ 087 7675606 (Damian)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 xciarax1

Hey :)
    Im currently in 3rd year of Mathematical science and would be free to give grinds to anyone doing junior or leaving cert maths, mostly on the south side of dublin.
    Pm me if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deaddonkey2010

Subject(s): Junior Certificate Maths: Higher and Ordinary level.
    Leaving Certificate Maths: Ordinary Level.
    20 euro an hour

Grinds in Students Home? Yes/No: Yes, or anywhere else convenient

Contact Name: Ciarán

Email: [email protected]

I am currently a 1st year engineering student in the University of Limerick. I achieved an A in higher level Junior Cert Maths and an A2 in higher level Leaving Cert Maths. I’m a friendly guy who enjoys explaining the subject

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 dalyj24

Hi,
    DCU student urgently requiring econometrics grinds for a module I am really struggling with. PM me if you can be of assistance.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭nothing

Experienced tutor available with First class honours degree in Maths and Statistics in the Kilbeggan area, or in NUI Maynooth.

Subject: Maths (all levels secondary, most third level modules), Applied Maths (all levels LC, all third level modules), Statistics (all third level modules)
    Grinds in Students Home? No
    Contact Name: Emma (pm for contact details)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Hi Folks

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask, im a first year computing student looking for statistics grinds in South Dublin for upcoming exams. Areas I need help with are

Classical/Conditional probablilty
    Hypothesis testing
    Normal distribution
    Confidence intervals

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭click_here!!!

I found "The Cartoon Guide to Statistics" helpful. It might be in your college library or you might be able to download it from the internet.

I'm in Galway, and in first year as well, so I'd doubt I'd be of much help.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Alkers

Hi I am looking for a Grind for two 3rd year UCD Civil Engineering Modules. One is Analysis of Structures, the other is Design of Structures. They aren't supposed to be particularly difficult subjects but my attendance has been poor as I am also working. I am in UCD and can travel. Let me know if you are interested/available
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 colbags

Hi
    Msc. Finance student. Currently doing dissertation.
    Need help with the econometrics side of things. Constructing structural VARs and a bivariate rolliing regression.

I think it would be fairly simple for somebody who knows what they are doing.

Pm me for details etc

ps. preferably in galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 marywary

Looking for grinds for my son in Applied Statistics for Accounting. First year student in UL, exam repeats in Aug. We're in Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rahor

Quantatative Finance Grinds- Interest rate modelling

As part of my thesis, I need to run interest rate models on some yield curves but I don't know how to program. Is there anyone that could give me grinds on how to run these models on Matlab or similar?
    Based in Dublin
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 colbags

Hi
    Msc. Finance student. Currently doing dissertation.
    Need help with the econometrics side of things. just need help running a couple of regressions (structural VARs)

I think it would be fairly simple for somebody who knows what they are doing.

Any help or feedbak on where to get help is appreciated.
    regards
    based in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Hi I would like some grinds in Dublin preferably Northside or city Centre in the following,

1. Algebraic operations
    2. Complex numbers
    3. Trigonometry
    4. Calculus (Differentiation & Integration
    5. Binary Operations

Kirchoffs law,superposition Theorem.

Please pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kittykats

nothing wrote: »
    Experienced tutor available with First class honours degree in Maths and Statistics in the Kilbeggan area, or in NUI Maynooth.

Subject: Maths (all levels secondary, most third level modules), Applied Maths (all levels LC, all third level modules), Statistics (all third level modules)

Im doing a drgree in Accounting. Looking for help in maths are u available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Kittykats

nothing wrote: »

Im doing a degree in Accounting. Looking for help in maths are u available

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Hope I'm posting this in the right place, apologies if not.

I'm doing the 1st year Higher Cert in Business and desperately struggling with the maths. :confused:

Looking for a grinds teacher preferably in the Louth area, or possibly Swords for evening or weekend tuition.

Please email with your fee and availabilty.

Will require 1 hour every fortnight, maybe more nearer to exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 piratemonkey

4th year Trinity College student looking to give grinds to students at leaving cert and junior cert level. Available Saturdays and Sundays. Have proven results in Maths for the leaving cert, at college level and have given grinds before. Give me a call on 0860706202. I might be in lectures during the week so do leave a voicemail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭rothai

Recent BSc Maths graduate available to give grinds. Dublin 6w/14 area.
    PM for further details

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lucychelsea

Grinds needed to cover the following topics on a Masters in Strategic Mgt Module - Linear Programming, Decision Theory, Probability and Simulation. In dublin/newbridge area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Made simple

Tuition for Primary children available in Galway.

I am a recently qualified primary school teacher. I have experience giving grinds. If your child needs extra tuition I can help.

Subject(s): Maths, English Reading and Writing, Irish etc
    Grinds in Students Home? Yes/No Yes (preferably in my house)
    Contact Name: Eileen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TimoA

JC: Maths, Science
    LC: Physics, Maths
    3rd level: Physics
    Grinds in Students Home? Yes
    Contact Name: Timo
    Cost: €25/hr (negotiable)

I'm a Physics/Maths teacher and MSc, graduated from University of Jyväskylä, Finland. I'm living in Limerick this spring, and would be happy to give grinds in the subjects above. Call and see what the famous Finnish school system is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Hi there , I'm a First year student in NUIM looking for math grinds in Integral Calculus PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tuckmill

Hi I would like some grinds in Galway city in the following:

Algebra and Calculus

For a 3rd Level Lean & Quality Systems Course I will be starting.

Please pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Green_Zero

Junior and Leaving Cert Maths Grinds available
    Grinds in students home? Yes (Depending on distance)
    Rate: E25 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Countryboymike

I have a young lad doing Phase 2 of his Electrician apprenticeship.Struggling a bit at the Maths and Physics.Anybody doing grinds in the Galway area.PM if available.Include price per hour.Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Springerman

Hi there,

I am a Masters student and am currently going through the processes' of data analysis using SPSS. Unfortunately I don't have any background in it and the lecture time amalgamated to 4hrs in college on SPSS, its uses and specifics of data analysis. Thus far some of the lecturer's have been quite helpful, however there are still a number of areas that I am still confused by, despite persistent research and reading!

I am testing the reliability and validity of a questionnaire. I am focusing on the reliability aspect of things. In relation to the test-retest reliability the Pearson's r=.816, however I want to follow this up with an test-retest Intra-Class Correlation Coefficient, but am totally dumb-founded by it all! In the first instance do we simply compare the Total Score from both applications of the questionnaire, or is it each item on the questionnaire? Then there comes the issue of which model to use, (although there is some reading on that it is quite laborious to get your head around!).

If anyone has experience with this, or can provide any assistance with this it would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me also!

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 the quick fix

Hey guys,
    I am interested in grinds for statistics in second year in college. Any body interested pm me please. I noticed some posts on this are from a long time ago so not sure if its still done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 newjack202

If you are near waterford, I can help.

Advertisement