Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

3rd level/LC/JC Maths/Physics/Chemistry grinds required/offered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Subject(s): Engineering Maths, Science Maths,Business Maths etc
    Contact Name: Eoin
    Email: [email protected]
    Rate: 25 euro p/h
    I have an A1 in honours maths in the leaving cert and am currently in my final year of maths science in UL . I have given grinds for the last three years at second and third level
    Email or pm me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tulliop

College Grinds: Maths, Structural design and civil engineering related subjects.

I'm an Italian Civil Engineer, with a MSc degree in Structural and Transportation Engineering and also Qualified Teacher of Maths for highschool.

In the last 4 years I have tutored many students for structural related exams and Maths in Italy.
    Since August I moved to Dublin and already tutored 2 students which have successfully passed their repeats of Structural Design 1 and 2 in September and did some grinds of Maths as well.
    I 'm willing to meet at students' home.

I ask for 20 euro p.h.

email: [email protected]

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dimal

Subject(s): Maths, Project Maths, Applied Maths, Science
    Year: Leaving Cert / Junior Cert
    Level: Higher Level / Ordinary Level
    Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin Northside, Dublin Southside
    Grinds in Students Home? Yes
    Rate: 25 euro / hour, 40 euro/ 2 hours.
    Contact Name: Dmitry
    Phone: 0870674382

I hold Bachelor degree in Applied Maths and Statistics (from Vilnius University, Lithuania) and have been giving grands for 7 years in Maths / Applied Maths / Sciences for Leaving Cert and Junior Cert students in Dublin area studying on Higher and Ordinary levels.
    I was preparing advanced students for Maths competitions in the past.
    If you are interested, call, text or pm me.
    I can travel in Dublin. City Centre is preferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sakiboy

Experienced Maths Teacher ( Bsc Maths from UCD)
    Higher Diploma in Education from UCD.
    Several years Teaching Experience.
    Over ten years Experience giving Grinds.

currently studying Software Engineering online via NUIG.

Leaving Cert Maths
    Junior Cert Maths

Higher or Ordinary Level.
    €30 p/h in my home (Skerries)
    €40 p/h in your home ( Skerries , Balbriggan , Rush ).

pm me for contact info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marybutler

newjack202 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have years of experience giving grinds in leaving cert maths, applied maths and most areas of 3rd level maths and statistics for science, engineering and business students. I have an Msc. in statistics and am currently self-studying advanced physics from online lectures. My results record is excellent.
    I am based in County Waterford.
    30 euros per hour

Hi,

I am looking for grinds in a maths based subject. I am attending WIT and doing a Masters in Science. I am having difficulty with the subject. I live near Waterford City and would travel any distance for grind. Regards,

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 UCDEconomics

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody would be available to give grinds in Stats / Econometrics some time in the next week or two anywhere in Dublin?

Specifically using the STATA software?

Please PM me with your details and I'll be in touch.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭highfive

Subject(s): 2nd level: Junior Cert. and Leaving Cert. Maths.

3rd level: Engineering Maths, Science Maths, Business Maths, Statistics

GMAT preparation, aptitude tests for job applications, basic arithmetic etc.

Contact Name: Thomas
    Rate: 35 euro/hr

References and Certs supplied. I've lots of experience tutoring 1-1 and small groups and I love it when I help someone get to grips with maths!

Email or call 0831360409 me if interested, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

I am a mature student teacher offering grinds to students of all JC and LC levels.
    First session free, reasonable rates. PM or email [email protected] for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shirley51782

Hey I am looking for econometrics grinds for a project due in January. Can anyone help me with it as I have no clue. I am in Dublin from early January. Please give me your contact details and I will get in touch with you.

Thanks,
    Shirley

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

HI looking for quick grinds for tomorrow(short notice), in a worse shape than I thought.
    Looking for a 2-3 hour session.
    Budget of 20 per hour
    Loation: Aungier street DIT campus

I have notes and worksheets , just need someone to guide me through them.

Statistics for a marketing course.
    Topics:

Correlation and regression
    Probability, Confidence intervals, Hypothesis testing.
    chi-square, Anova testing.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

Grinds in Mayo close to Ballina?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KATIEDG

I need to organise Maths Grinds for my son who is doing leaving cert. We are in Askeaton, Co. Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Looking for maths grinds in:

1. Use first and second order differential equations to model and solve engineering problems
    Solve geometrical problems using the i, j, k orthogonal triad system, and compute dot products and cross products.
    Compute projections and angles between vectors and interpret results geometrically
    Use Gaussian elimination to solve systems of m equations in n unknowns and apply this to networks (including electrical
    networks using Kirchoff's Laws)
    4. Calculate Fourier transforms and inverse Fourier transforms
    5. Solve first and second order difference equations using z-transforms

1. Review of the solution of first and second order differential equations. Application to model and solve engineering applications
    2. Vector geometry of 2, 3 and higher dimensions. The i, j, k orthogonal triad system, computation of dot products and cross
    products. Computation of projections and angles between vectors and interpretation of results geometrically
    3. Gaussian elimination, solution of systems of m equations in n unknowns and applications to networks (including electrical
    networks using Kirchoff's Laws)
    4. Calculate Fourier transforms and inverse Fourier transforms of functions using the theory of even and odd functions and
    complex numbers. Calculate the magnitude spectra and phase spectra of a Fourier transform
    5. Sequences, sampling of functions, first and second order difference equations. Definition and properties of the z-transform.
    Inverse z-transform and left shift theorems. Solution of first and second order difference equations using z-transforms.

This is for 3rd level electronics.
    North Dublin preferable but willing to travel a bit.
    Please PM if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Looking for maths and applied maths grinds. LC higher level, specifically calculus. Mature student in 1st year ucd. I basically need to catch on on LC higher level maths that i have never done: integral basics, some trig and applied maths, it will only be LC level needed. Preferably based in Dublin 6 or near ucd or nearby areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Alkers

gline wrote: »
    Looking for maths and applied maths grinds. LC higher level, specifically calculus. Mature student in 1st year ucd. I basically need to catch on on LC higher level maths that i have never done: integral basics, some trig and applied maths, it will only be LC level needed. Preferably based in Dublin 6 or near ucd or nearby areas.

Try the Maths help people in UCD, I can't remember the exact name of them but they should be able to help. Maybe try the UCD forum to find out more info, it's a few years since I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Try the Maths help people in UCD, I can't remember the exact name of them but they should be able to help. Maybe try the UCD forum to find out more info, it's a few years since I was there.

Thanks for the reply, the maths support centre are ok, for single questions etc, but not for learning whole topics. But I definitley use them aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tmurphy1

Hi All,
    I'm looking to get some grinds in the sections below. I would like to start on the bolded items first. There will be myself and another lad.
    Area is North Dublin/ Meath but willing to travel within reason.

First and Second Order Differential Equations
    Separable Differential Equations
    First Order Linear Differential Equations (The Integrating Factor Method)
    Homogeneous Differential Equations
    Taylor’s Series
    Taylor’s Series in One Variable
    Fourier Series
    Fourier Transforms
    Complex Numbers
    Complex Exponential Form of a Fourier Series
    The Fourier Transform
    Z Transforms
    Sequences
    The Z Transform
    Solution of Difference Equations
    Vector Algebra
    Vectors
    Multiplication of Vectors
    The Dot Product
    The Angle Between Vectors
    Projections of Vectors
    The Cross Product
    Problem Sheet : Vector Algebra

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Idice

Hi there,
    I would be happy to assist you for your Maths topics you have listed. I hold PhD in Maths & Stats with more than 20 years experience in teaching. I would charge €120 for 2-hour session for 2 people. If interested, my email address is [email protected] and mobile number 086 88 66 333. all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GrannieAnnie

Hi,

Any ideas on where to find a grind for 3rd stage of Garda recruitment verbal reasoning/evaluation please.? Limerick would be great or can travel if necessary.
    One to one would be ideal if possible.
    And help appreciated.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Leaving Cert Maths Higher level
    Subject(s): Mathematics
    Grinds given in student's home, or elsewhere.
    Contact Name: Dane

A1 in higher level Mathematics. I have a degree in Actuarial Mathematics with 4 years teaching experience. 25€/hour. Ideal for last minute crash courses for leaving cert 2014 or for a more structured approach to tackling leaving cert 2015. Get in touch for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Hi,

Looking for grinds in queuing theory and Linear programming for upcoming college exams. Needs to be south dublin, pm me if interested.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm looking for grinds in MA4602 Science maths in University of Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Idice

Copper_pipe where are you based in?? Limerick, Dublin, or elsewhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Idice wrote: »
    Copper_pipe where are you based in?? Limerick, Dublin, or elsewhere??
    Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IschaL

hey, so i failed my first year third level maths exam. i found the maths all year difficult but thought i would get by.. obviously it didnt work! i need some grinds from someone in the kildare area that is a patient teacher.. please help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Etaoin Molloy

Hi all,
    Urgently looking for a miracle , Have repeats looming in the first week in August and am in full panic mode!! Looking for a person to help me pass the following subjects, Quantitative Analysis , Financial Accounting and Macro Economics . These are level 8 repeat first year examinations. I live in the Dublin 7 area. Will pay reasonable rate any takers or know of anyone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭getaroom

If anyone can proffer advice or information - much appreciated.
    Looking for a tutor dublin / meath in first year IT Maths

• Registered Users Posts: 8 vladsirenko

Hi all!

I offer maths (for leaving or junior cert) and physics grinds, €20 per hour.
    I'm situated in Dublin (City Center, South Dublin, Bray area).

I am currently studying theoretical physics in Trinity College, so I have an in depth knowledge of mathematical topics (like algebra, calculus, mechanics etc.) Got A's in higher level for both physics and maths. Please contact me (by texting me on 0857761032 or messaging me) if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Hi there ,
    I'm available for Maths grinds in the N.Dublin ( Glasnevin , Finglas , Santry ) Areas . €25 /hr, €40/ 2 hours .
    Down to earth 25yr old with a BSc in Mathematics , currently doing a H.Dip in data analytics.

Feel Free to message me at 085-7305706 or pm me on here if interested.

Cheers,

Ian :)

Advertisement