Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

3rd level/LC/JC Maths/Physics/Chemistry grinds required/offered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Piano man

Where are you based? Are you in Galway at the moment or planning to go there in September? I'm in Dublin and can give grinds if you're around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭tootired

Piano man wrote: »
    Where are you based? Are you in Galway at the moment or planning to go there in September? I'm in Dublin and can give grinds if you're around that area.

Hi I'm based in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Wolf07

Hi

I'm a 2nd year engineering student doing B.s tech in Automation engineering.

I have struggled with maths my whole life and I've never took physics as a subject in secondary school but I've been struggling at it in college.

I have to repeat 3 exams from two different semesters in August.
    2 exams are maths and 1 exam is physics.

1st Year, semester 2
    Maths II
    Mechanical Systems II (physics)

2st Year, semester 1
    Maths III

I'm looking for a one on one grinds teacher who can break down the 2 subjects for me and show me how to do them.

I'm living in swords near dublin airport

I can only pay max €25 an hour

Just reply or send me a pm if your interested

Thank you

Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cantdomaths

Hi,

Can you help. I am struggling with maths. I am doin a long distance cource and teaching yourself maths is very difficult. I am looking for 2 or 3 grinds a week.
    Eamonn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cantdomaths

Hi,
    I am a student in UL. Have been away from school/college for quite a few years now. Looking for 2-3 grinds a week to catch up with classes. I live only 5 mins from UL.
    mathstulip wrote: »
    Subjects: Mathematics, Statistics
    Grinds in Students Home? I don't have a car, so it depends where you live.
    Rate: €30/hour for one-to-one and €20/hour per person in a group of 2 or more students.
    Contact Name: Laura

PM me please and I will give you my contact details.

I have 1st class honours BSc in Maths and 1st class honours MSc in Statistics.

50% off your first grind!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Cantdomaths please do not post your mobile number on this thread. Also, if you wish to respond to an ad on here you should PM the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 newjack202

Hi,
    I have years of experience giving grinds in leaving cert maths, applied maths and most areas of 3rd level maths and statistics for science, engineering and business students. I have an Msc. in statistics and am currently self-studying advanced physics from online lectures. My results record is excellent.
    I am based in County Waterford.
    30 euros per hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

I need Maths grinds in Fourier transforms,Z-Transforms,Limits and sequences.

I can pay €40 an hour. I'm available Sunday evenings and all day Monday and Tuesday every week.

PM me with details available
    Leixlip or Tullamore Area.
    I can travel if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

I'm looking for grinds for statistics in the Limerick area, please send an IM and we'll get something sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 loki_1976

Hi

Study degree course with module in statisics. Willing to travel, Monaghan, Cavan, Louth or Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

I'm currently in the same boat as the OP. I'm finding it hard to study for the Quant (Math) element of the GMAT as much of the available materials take it as given that you're au fait with the underlying concepts (which after 18 years away from maths, I'm not).

Does anyone know of Dublin based tutors/grinds or online resources which focus on the concepts.

I'm reluctant to attend the official intensive courses (4 days for €1,140) as I gather these focus on improving your test performance rather than going back to basics and starting from there (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SteadyEddie

Hi Rusty Cogs. I have now completed the GMAT, 640 points (beat 75% of test takers) ...and it has been enough for me to get to my chosen school in Geneva.

Like you, I came from a very rusty/low maths background. I would suggest getting a basic maths book off Amazon for starters. Then the key to my success in the test was purchasing the Manhattan GMAT books (all 8 of them). They are outstanding; the concepts are covered from basic levels right through to higher standards.

A link to the books on amazon can be found here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=manhattan+gmat&x=0&y=0

A great site to get yourself going and up-to-date on test, study resources, etc can be found here: http://www.beatthegmat.com

I would caution getting a 'regular' maths tutor, the gmat questions are formed in a particular way (with LOTS of shortcuts), my experience was maths tutors solved the problem correctly (but takes too long). The Manhattan GMAT books were outstanding on shortcuts.

Finally, good luck with the prep...i hit a few lows and had to dig deep to get out the other side. If you have questions on how to tackle the test then drop me a PM.

ed

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Rusty Cogs 08

Thanks for that. How long did you spend studying for it or how many hours (as I seem to have been fannying around it for months now) ?

Do you have a link to the test centre location/schedule in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SteadyEddie

I spent about 5 months working at it, but it can be done in a quicker time with a solid study plan.

Go to MBA.com and follow the steps when registering to find out test centre locations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,945 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Do you have a link to the test centre location/schedule in Dublin ?
    According to mba.com the only GMAT test centre in the Republic is now the Institute of Technology in Blanchardstown, and they offer the test on most Wednesdays. You have to register and book on that site.

(I did it about 5 years ago, back then they were offering it at DCU.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Piano man

Hi everyone.

I give grinds in both Maths and Physics for the Leaving Cert.
    €30 an hour. I am willing to travel to homes in the Dublin area.
    I'm currently studying Theoretical Physics in Trinity College (Second year).
    I got a 1.1 in first year, 600 points in the Leaving Cert, incl. A1s in Physics and Maths.

Please PM me if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mentos123

I'm currently in the same boat as the OP. I'm finding it hard to study for the Quant (Math) element of the GMAT as much of the available materials take it as given that you're au fait with the underlying concepts (which after 18 years away from maths, I'm not).

Does anyone know of Dublin based tutors/grinds or online resources which focus on the concepts.

I'm reluctant to attend the official intensive courses (4 days for €1,140) as I gather these focus on improving your test performance rather than going back to basics and starting from there (?)

Hi Rusty,

The maths is very basic and fundamental. I wrote gmat last month, scored 760. You just need the correct books. Kaplan is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

hi all im looking for grinds in the areas of maths and physics in preparation for repeat exams in august

im in the kildare laois area (monasterevin to be exact)
    would be willing to travel inside of that area

I can sort you out with maths grinds, I'm based in Maynooth, PM me :)

Hi,

Experienced maths tutor available for grinds for repeat exams. 5 years experience as a tutor of maths in NUIM. I have a M.Sc in Applied Maths and a B.A in Maths with 1st class honours. All 1st year to 3rd year material covered. Rates from 25 euro to 30 euro depending on the subject. PM me if interested!

Thanks,

LR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KiddKaos

Hey LeixlipRed need grinds mid July for 1th year repeats in NUIM
    Can you help?? In Maynooth area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ncleary

Hi leixlip red need grinds for 1st yr repeat in Nui maynooth can you help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackh2.0

hi laura,
    i've to repeat a scientific computation exam in september for pharmacutical and forensic analysis 1st year and am in need of grinds if you're available

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Nappy

Hey I live in Dundrum but can commute around if necessary. I study Actuarial Mathematics in DCU, i have a few repeats for second year, need help in quite a few areas including Statistics, analysis, probability and linear algebra. This stuff is quite advanced so will need someone who studies in a similar area. Repeats start in 30 days so its a bit of a countdown. Please PM me if you can be of any help.

Thanks so much

Nappy

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dannyman2010

hi,im repeating 1st year engineering maths in 4weeks and could really use some grinds. im from tipperary and would be willing to travel for help. please contact me if you think you would be of any assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vks

hi,im repeating 1st year engineering maths in 4weeks and could really use some grinds. im from tipperary and would be willing to travel for help. please contact me if you think you would be of any assistance.
    Hi if you can come down to Dublin, I can give you the grinds in maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭DesQ2

Hi,

I'm an Engineering student in U.L., I am available for maths grinds in the Limerick area, I live near L.I.T/Ard Scoil Ris but travel to U.L. on a daily basis, Have experience giving grinds, my students results speak for themselves, If interested please drop me a PM,

30e/hr for one to one,
    20e/hr per student for two or more.

Thanks,

Des

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gemoco

Hi, I'm looking for grinds for 1st year Technology maths that I'm doing in I.T.B.
    The kind of maths we are doing is algebra, equations, linear equations, simultaneous linear equations,quadratic equations, graphs and vectors.
    I will be looking to start the week after the mid term break and for the grind to be in my home.... ( i'm in Blanchardstown).

Thanks
    Justin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nh14

hello, if anybody here could give me a grind in stochastic models that would be great.please pm me if anybody here is qualified to do so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nh14

<<original post deleted>>

you dont give grinds in stochastic models do you?

Advertisement