Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban skinny jeans for men!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I agree with the OP and on the same point I think all women's clothing should be banned.

Yes but do you really want people like Beth Ditto walking around naked?

I won't post a link to a pic of her to save the horror. Google at your own risk!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The ones I ant abide are the skinny jeans where the arse is a foot below the actual crotch. What. The. Fu... Look in a mirror you.......

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

I use my skinny jeans to spread the ghey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

This epidemic has gone so bad people are mistaking straight leg Levis for skinny jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

That_Guy wrote: »
    I wear skinny jeans. Why?

Because they suit me, I feel comfortable in them, I'm the right weight/shape for them and I like them.

I gurantee the people that are against skinny jeans are those who have only seen a handful of men wearing them and didn't suit them and have now formed an opinion of them. Either that or they're just pissed off that their boyfriends don't suit skinny jeans and are gonna attempt to ban them.

I wear clothes that people say they wouldn't dream of wearing which is fair enough. Clothes, like opinions are subjective and it depends on the type of person.

If you don't like it then fine but don't go off and start a Facebook group demanding that all skinny jeans be banned from the country. People will still wear them regardless so you'll have to get used to it I'm afraid.

Also I wear cardigans. Maybe not the "old man" cardigans but these type of cardigans.

http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/TopMan//images/catalog/66S01TBLK_normal.jpg

ahh for f*ck sake. your like a women going on a big rant. you feel comfortable wearing them?..that sounds gay. man, get a grip. nobody should give a f*ck what anyone wears except if it's like so gender-inefficient like skin tight pink shirts on men etc...

I think Ireland needs a good war to drain all these woMEN out...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

TheZohan wrote: »
    Yeah and while we're at it ban leggings and belly tops on fat girls.

Precisely.

When women start listening to fashion advice from men on how they should dress, then they can start dishing out some to men as to what they should and shouldn't be wearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Skinny jeans are ok as long as they arent too skinny!!!

Like how teh f**k do somepeople get into them...stupid scene kids :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Seloth wrote: »
    Skinny jeans are ok as long as they arent too skinny!!!

Like how teh f**k do somepeople get into them...stupid scene kids :p

In my day, skinny jeans were called Skags.

Degsy would love this.

One day me and a mate bounced off school as I had a free gaff and we decided to phone the Gerry Ryan show and complain about mental abuse at home.

So my mate says he is staying with a friend (me) as his mother cut up all his 'Skags' and that they were the only jeans he had.

Gerry fell for the whole thing and kept him on for an hour nearly.

Wonder if it's in their archives somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I don't think anyone is actually suggesting that skinny jeans be banned, man.
    I think he might be referring to the thread title?
    That_Guy wrote: »

I am.
    It's all about the ban?:pac:

/That_Guy is sure drawing attention to the word..

;)
    You could change your name to trigger itchy.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

They do disgust me, what i wonder is how the fúck they sit down without them ripping/??

My mate who recently started college and joined the skinny jean culture, now him and his mates might as well be in uniform

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Because they suit me, I feel comfortable in them, I'm the right weight/shape for them and I like them.
    Skinny jeans look well uncomfortable too me, conforming against comfort seems a bit crazy.
    I'll start by getting mammy to buy me a nice shirt in Dunnes, and some bootcuts of course. Maybe a bit of Brylcreem. Oh and a haircut, short all over. Watch out ladies, I'm a real man!
    Skinny jeans are the epitomy of neat, cut like suit slacks, jeans should cover most of your shoe!

Getting tougher and tougher to get jeans with a decent bootcut at the monemt as well, its either crazy flare or a tiny bootcut,
    Was in the states last year and couldnt get any decent bootcuts, all skinny, the dude in the shop said nobody weras them any more, I'd never get used to wearing skinny jeans and the clownfoot that goes along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Cianos wrote: »
    How's about everyone just doesn't give a fvck what anyone else wears? If it upsets you so much, then just stay indoors all day and look at yourself in the mirror.

Fair enough...

toast anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Don't understand all the skinny/ slim jeans hate at all. I hate bootcut jeans because they pretty much cover your shoes, I hate how wide they are at the bottom, and when it's raining (which it inevitably is in Ireland), you see people in bootcut jeans with wet patches that almost reach the back of the knee. Skinny and slim fitting jeans dont come close to touching the ground, so you stay nice and dry.

Also, they are not nearly as uncomfortable as people make them out to be (they feel similar to straight leg jeans really). It's funny that in most other countries you'd be laughed at for wearing big gangly bootcut jeans, but here it's the opposite. I've never seen such a tirade against any piece of clothing as there is for guys wearing skinny jeans. It's hardly that big of a deal is it? They are only pants at the end of the day ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

If i saw somewhere skinny jeans that didnt look like some emo or rocker head i would just think they are gay tbh. And im prob not in a minority here.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    If i saw somewhere skinny jeans that didnt look like some emo or rocker head i would just think they are gay tbh. And im prob not in a minority here.

I must have missed the day the majority of the Irish public were taught how to determine a person's sexual orientation from the jeans they wear. That's a pretty impressive skill to bolster.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I reckon skinny jeans and the like are grand in one way. Younger types wear them and younger types have always worn stuff that older types go WTF! over. So an older type like me sees some 18 yr old bloke wearing jeans that make it look like his arse fainted and i go WTF. Long may it continue.

Where it gets silly is when you see a tubby 35 yr old wearing them. Get a grip mate.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I just think that a lot of people in Ireland conform to certain trends to fit in to certain groups, rather than wear what suits them and having an individual style. Yes skinny jeans suit some girls but skinny jeans do not suit men. I do not want to see the outline of your leg in skinny jeans.

I just think that a lot of people in Ireland conform to certain trends to fit in to certain groups, rather than wear what suits them and having an individual style. Yes skinny jeans suit some girls but skinny jeans do not suit men. I do not want to see the outline of your leg in skinny jeans.

Where's the abercrombie and fitch, popped collar, sweat pants, and diamond earring hate brigade then? Cos I see far far more of those groups of people on a daily basis in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

To me, skinny jeans is the most offensive trend out there and they are so popular but suit so few people. Dress yourself for yourself and to suit your body, not to please your friends, trends and to tick all these style boxes!

The clue is in the name. Skinny jeans. If you're not skinny dont wear them. Simple. Belly tops are slightly different in that if you have a belly dont bloody wear them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Those bloody dutch clogs the indie kids wear along with them too...ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Captain_Generic

Wibbs wrote: »
    The clue is in the name. Skinny jeans. If you're not skinny dont wear them. Simple. Belly tops are slightly different in that if you have a belly dont bloody wear them.

Don't tell me you wouldn't hit this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I feel skinny jeans suit me, so I wear them. I'm comfortable in them. I'd say more comfortable than other jeans. Other jeans ride up your crack when you're slouching even slightly when sitting. Not in skinny jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

now skinny jeans suit this person, awful shoes though
    http://impeccablehubris.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/skinny-jeans.jpg

and not this person
    http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/cwshiles/FatGirl.jpg

it's albout wearing what suits your size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

I do not want to see the outline of your leg in skinny jeans.
    Then stop looking at my legs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Leucifer

Personally I wouldn't wear skinny jeans, but to each his own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

8 years later and they are as bad looking as ever, "fashion" on the male younger crowd or whoever wears these skintight jeans is a horror show.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I like skinny jeans, and think they can look good on guys. Each to their own I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Baggier jeans are more of a crime against fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Is there such a thing as fatty Jeans?

Advertisement