Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban skinny jeans for men!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

Christ if it was ten years ago you would all be complaining about the baggy jeans the *ahem* "skaters" used to wear. :mad:

And no don`t ban skinny jeans on men, if ya did that all the trousers i`d have left would be chords from 8 years ago (Wait where the hell did those come from:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Don't forget the belt buckle WHICH IS ALSO A BOTTLE OPENER - outrageous, what a hoot, who let the dogs out?!!

And also used to strap in the shirt / tshirt. Who could forget that?!

kowloon wrote: »
    If you can fit into them all the more power to you!

I can still fit into them, though I choose not to. They're best left to the young!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wear skinny jeans. Why?

Because they suit me, I feel comfortable in them, I'm the right weight/shape for them and I like them.

I gurantee the people that are against skinny jeans are those who have only seen a handful of men wearing them and didn't suit them and have now formed an opinion of them. Either that or they're just pissed off that their boyfriends don't suit skinny jeans and are gonna attempt to ban them.

I wear clothes that people say they wouldn't dream of wearing which is fair enough. Clothes, like opinions are subjective and it depends on the type of person.

If you don't like it then fine but don't go off and start a Facebook group demanding that all skinny jeans be banned from the country. People will still wear them regardless so you'll have to get used to it I'm afraid.

Also I wear cardigans. Maybe not the "old man" cardigans but these type of cardigans.

http://media.topman.com/wcsstore/TopMan//images/catalog/66S01TBLK_normal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I don't think anyone is actually suggesting that skinny jeans be banned, man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

I absolutely agree! THE most feminine thing a man can wear

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

kowloon wrote: »
    Why do they hang the hats off the back of their heads? And why do they wear scarves with T-shirts? Where did these fashions come from?

I think you'll find that this is where they came from :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭muffy

JaneyP wrote: »
    I absolutely agree! THE most feminine thing a man can wear

Eddie Izzard disagrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,743 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That_Guy wrote: »

Because they suit me, I feel comfortable in them, I'm the right weight/shape for them and I like them.

I gurantee the people that are against skinny jeans are those who have only seen a handful of men wearing them and didn't suit them and have now formed an opinion of them. Either that or they're just pissed off that their boyfriends don't suit skinny jeans and are gonna attempt to ban them.

I wear clothes that people say they wouldn't dream of wearing which is fair enough. Clothes, like opinions are subjective and it depends on the type of person.

If you don't like it then fine but don't go off and start a Facebook group demanding that all skinny jeans be banned from the country. People will still wear them regardless so you'll have to get used to it I'm afraid.

Also I wear cardigans. Maybe not the "old man" cardigans but these type of cardigans.

Not Feeling it, but Im not you. More power to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I think he might be referring to the thread title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I thought skinny jeans were only for emo kids and gays. Have they become more mainstream now?

Unprovoked rant of the year (so far)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Yes but
    they're just pissed off that their boyfriends don't suit skinny jeans and are gonna attempt to ban them.
    and
    don't go off and start a Facebook group demanding that all skinny jeans be banned from the country.

seems to indicate that he's taking the thread title a little too literally.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I thought skinny jeans were only for emo kids and gays. Have they become more mainstream now?

Yep. I'm neither of these things. Or I could be a gaymo.

I am.
    listermint wrote: »
    Not Feeling it, but Im not you. More power to you :D

I have the power.... although sometimes my balls get smushed to the side of my leg from time to time if I'm sitting down for very long periods of time.

I hope not. "I can't live, if living is without you".... and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

If only more guys felt this way! :D

If a guy can pull off skinny jeans, then go for it. It's the same for women - not every woman can look good in a pair of skinnies but those that do look great. Male or female, skinny or baggy, dressing to suit your shape and with individual style is the most important thing. Generalisations such as "Ban ALL men from wearing skinny jeans!" are pretty pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

Straight leg jeans are okay, better than....bootcut :O

Skinny people are now banned. That solves the whole jeans issue. No amount of Special K can sort that issue out. ;)

I would like to point your direction to my new signature.

Bring it on.

ashyle wrote: »
    Straight leg jeans are okay, better than....bootcut :O

I wear arsecut jeans. Shows off me crack to perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Hotaru wrote: »
    Male or female, skinny or baggy, dressing to suit your shape and with individual style is the most important thing. Generalisations such as "Ban ALL men from wearing skinny jeans!" are pretty pointless.

Baggy jeans for some, miniature American flags for others.

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Baggy jeans for some, miniature American flags for others.

Boo... hiss...boo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Yes but

and

seems to indicate that he's taking the thread title a little too literally.

It's all about the ban?:pac:

/That_Guy is sure drawing attention to the word..

;)

;)

You could change your name to trigger itchy.

;)

I'd rather be banned and locked away and let my skinny jeans have their freedom than have them stripped from the shelves and from my legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

As long as all the epsilons still wear khaki.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I can't believe that the username "Icky Poo" was already taken.

Actually that was me too. I ****ed up the registration.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Ive a 38" waist and an arse like the back of the titanic. All my jeans are skinny-jeans! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭GLUEY

God I really admire ye real men. I wish I was one. Teach me!

I'll start by getting mammy to buy me a nice shirt in Dunnes, and some bootcuts of course. Maybe a bit of Brylcreem. Oh and a haircut, short all over. Watch out ladies, I'm a real man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Can Someone Define A Real Man? A Real Man is one who can't get no sex in his levi's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 brenmurph

Are you a victim of this crime against fashion? Please men! Don't wear these things! I've had one too many visions of men's chicken legs in these things! Ugh!

i defiently second that the state of them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 brenmurph

Walsh wrote: »
    Can Someone Define A Real Man? A Real Man is one who can't get no sex in his levi's?

i think you will find most shops sell more than skinny jeans and levis stop trying to defend your gay jeans:D

Advertisement