Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 "Future Endeavoured" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Gerard.C wrote: »
    No loses there. I'm sure theres a massive push in TNA for one of them on the books though

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Vance? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Why?

Cos TNA cant make their own stars and is full of ex-WWE Superstars

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Gallows was screwed when the "WWE version" of the Straight Edge Society disbanded (The PW S.E.S will always remain strong). Feel sorry for Archer, he always had potential but never really got any sort of push. Shad didn't really do anything once his best of 60 series with JTG on Superstars fizzled out. Another tag team has bitten the dust with Croft gone from the Dudebusters. Tiffany was always in trouble over her arrest and Jillian was never really going anywhere

Cos TNA cant make their own stars and is full of ex-WWE Superstars

Well 'full off' is a tad bit of an exaggeration - what do you base the the possibility of one of them getting a 'massive push' on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

RIP Dudebusters :(:(

Well 'full off' is a tad bit of an exaggeration - what do you base the the possibility of one of them getting a 'massive push' on?

Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan?

Edit - and the fact that Matt Morgan is **** and as far as I know he is main eventing these days. He's really ****, he's a big guy and he still couldnt cut the mustard in WWE. Cos hes ****. I'm sure the Hulksters sees something in him though...

Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan?

Edit - and the fact that Matt Morgan is **** and as far as I know he is main eventing these days. He's really ****, he's a big guy and he still couldnt cut the mustard in WWE. Cos hes ****. I'm sure the Hulksters sees something in him though...

Erm, besides Morgan being a very good promo guy, him usually connecting with the audience and being capable of a very good match, I don't really see what Hogan sees in him. I'm most certainly not a fan of Morgan (just ask EdK) but even I'd acknowledge his potential.

Anyway, what I was getting at is there seems to be this opinion that TNA snap up every WWE cast-off and the facts don't really back up that assertion. Anybody they do take and keep is worth their spot for the most part (Morgan, Hardy, Anderson, Angle, RVD, Pope, Mickie James etc.) and anybody else is either demoted to Xpolsion (Orlando Jordan) or goes the way of the dodo rather quickly (Test, Rikishi, The Bashams, Sean Morley, The Nasty Boyz etc.). But people tend to ignore that for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wheres the sense in keeping JTG over shad?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

CMpunked wrote: »
    Wheres the sense in keeping JTG over shad?!

JTG is a pretty good worker.

• Advertisement

I always preferred shad. Mainly because of his size, sure he was a little rough but thought if he was given the shot of being a guy who would just tear into people, he would have done it well.
    Shame.

Erm, besides Morgan being a very good promo guy, him usually connecting with the audience and being capable of a very good match, I don't really see what Hogan sees in him. I'm most certainly not a fan of Morgan (just ask EdK) but even I'd acknowledge his potential.

Anyway, what I was getting at is there seems to be this opinion that TNA snap up every WWE cast-off and the facts don't really back up that assertion. Anybody they do take and keep is worth their spot for the most part (Morgan, Hardy, Anderson, Angle, RVD, Pope, Mickie James etc.) and anybody else is either demoted to Xpolsion (Orlando Jordan) or goes the way of the dodo rather quickly (Test, Rikishi, The Bashams, Sean Morley, The Nasty Boyz etc.). But people tend to ignore that for some reason.

The only time I saw Matt Morgan connect with an audience was when he had the stutter in wwe. And I couldnt name one decent match he was in either.

I realise that a lot of them do well in TNA, but doesnt that just really make TNA WWE Future Endevoured V2.0? The best they can come up with themselves is that lad from the Jersey Shore thing. The fact that they keep snapping up ex-WWE lads, even the ones who did nothing in WWE and mean nothing (Orlando Jordan how are ya) shows they are over reliant on WWE's cast offs

The only time I saw Matt Morgan connect with an audience was when he had the stutter in wwe. And I couldnt name one decent match he was in either.

I realise that a lot of them do well in TNA, but doesnt that just really make TNA WWE Future Endevoured V2.0? The best they can come up with themselves is that lad from the Jersey Shore thing. The fact that they keep snapping up ex-WWE lads, even the ones who did nothing in WWE and mean nothing (Orlando Jordan how are ya) shows they are over reliant on WWE's cast offs

Morgan had a great three match series with AJ last year and an excellent match against Angle. He has a lot of value and he has always gotten over as a face (and is doing so again now) and gotten heat as a heel.

What do you mean 'keep snapping up ex-WWE lads'? Looking at the roster now only Orlando Jordan doesn't warrant a spot and it's not like he's being pushed to the moon. For the most part they only take the best of those released and any others don't last long at all after they fail quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

Against Kurt at Bound for Glory 2009. Can't think of any apart from that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Morgan had a great three match series with AJ last year and an excellent match against Angle. He has a lot of value and he has always gotten over as a face (and is doing so again now) and gotten heat as a heel.

The problem there though is I'm fairly certain I could have a great match with AJ or Angle, as could my mother, my cat and a broom handle...

Not that I care about Morgan one way or the other. Just that listing great matches he's had shouldn't list ones where his opponents can carry anyone to good matches.

What do you mean 'keep snapping up ex-WWE lads'? Looking at the roster now only Orlando Jordan doesn't warrant a spot and it's not like he's being pushed to the moon. For the most part they only take the best of those released and any others don't last long at all after they fail quickly.

TNA's roster is full of ex-WWE talent. That will get them nowhere.

There are a fair few people in TNA that dont warrant a spot really, when you consider that TNA is supposed to be the "new face of professional wrestling". Stevie Richards, Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Rhino, etc.. I realise they are "ECW guys", but its not like thats where they became famous!

Anywho we went a bit off-topic here.

So yeah. Luke Gallows. Lousy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Im quite tired of this ex WWE argument and it's apparently negative connection,WWE is a massive company with a massive roster and they go through alot of talent in a short period,some aren't up to scratch and fall to the side others who were released for a whole host of reasons still have a lot to offer

Wrestling is a tiny industry at the top level especially considering the amount of performers out there trying to find a job in the industry,WWE is the top dog no question but by no means is a talent a spent force just because the WWE saw fit to cut them

And sure companies,TNA included make mistakes and sign up questionable talent but for the most part those guys/girls don't last too long

So the likes of Jeff Hardy,Mr Kennedy/Anderson,Shelton Benjamin,Charlie Haas,Mickie James,Elijah Burke and a whole host of others are supposed to call time on their careers because WWE cut them?

And TNA aren't supposed to sign them just because they have worked for WWE?

Leaving WWE doesn't automatically make you a WWE reject and I see no reason why talented people can't make an impact elsewhere

By the same token TNA has more fundamental problems and need to realise having major talent under contract doesn't automatically bring success without strong booking,marketing,advertising etc,If TNA could ever get their act together in that capacity they could be a pretty big deal

just my opinion on it

I agree in part to the idea that just because they are WWE "rejects" does not mean they shouldn't be used by TNA. My personal problems with TNA's selection is as follows...

1. It's completly indiscriminate, with no surprise coming when anyone really joins them any more. There's nearly an acceptance that once WWE releases someone, TNA will snap them up, and that is a bad thing. TNA should be selective with their choices and should be complementing them with fresh faces and new talents. They should be having a strong mix.

2. They have a bad habit of lessening people's importance. Jeff Hardy was the hottest free agent on the market when TNA got him and they did not even advertise him for his debut. That was suicidal. I would have been plastering his appearance details on everything I could to lure in new fans. RVD has been "just another guy", and Booker suffered the same problem for ages when he joined. TNA think that because they've got the guy, they don't need to actually think up of logical and smart stories to help keep their star status up.

3. You can't take the attitude that signing WWE guys is good for business AND the attitude that you want to be a viable alternative to WWE. Ultimatly, WWE releases these people because they don't think they can make money with them at a top level. If TNA is happy being in the second place in the wrestling race, then doing what they are doing now is perfectly ok, but they should realise they can't advertise themselves as anything other than "WWE Lite"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'm surprised Jillian Hall was let go because she was recently given a new job as a trainer for women in developmental.

Also surprised that a Smackdown writer was let go as that has been a pretty good show the last couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

It's simply not true that TNA sign every released WWE talent and they seem to be a lot more selective who they take on these days and I will admit signing the Bashams etc was a mistake

Released WWE talent that TNA haven't signed Helms,Carlito,Snitsky,Mike Knox,Haas,Benjamin,Funaki,Jesse,Paul Burchill,Maria,DJ Gabriel,Eric Escobar,Jimmy Yang,Serena and many more

Of the 18 WWE releases this year TNA have signed 3 (1/6) Mickie,Katie Lea and Tommy Dreamer,while I'd argue the signing of Dreamer I have no problem with them signing good female talent to make up the major losses in the KO division in the last couple of years

• Advertisement

EdK wrote: »
    Released WWE talent that TNA haven't signed Helms,Carlito,Snitsky,Mike Knox,Haas,Benjamin,Funaki,Jesse,Paul Burchill,Maria,DJ Gabriel,Eric Escobar,Jimmy Yang,Serena and many more

Don't forget Matthew Moore Hardy!! :cool:

:P

Of that list....

Helms, Carlito, Haas and Benjamin will likely end up in Florida sooner rather than later.

Burchill and Maria SHOULD be in TNA since both have something to offer, especially the later who won a genuine Diva of the Year competition despite not being used at all, which shows the fans care about her.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

CMpunked wrote: »
    Don't forget Matthew Moore Hardy!! :cool:

Was he married to Shannon Moore at some point? :pac:

Burchill and Maria SHOULD be in TNA since both have something to offer, especially the later who won a genuine Diva of the Year competition despite not being used at all, which shows the fans care about her.

TNA already have Christy Hemme, so Maria would be fairly redundant.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Was he married to Shannon Moore at some point? :pac:

Har.
    It's his middle name, but i guess it could be a nice cover up for some drunken mistake in *That american state that allows that sorta thing*.

TNA already have Christy Hemme, so Maria would be fairly redundant.

Fair point, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I would like to see Helms, Carlito, Haas, Benjamin and even Funaki in TNA, but they have quite a lot of talent already, and are also trying to cut costs recently. So unless they have to release talent before they sign new talent, or start a second weekly TV show, I wouldn't hold my breath about these guys signing in the foreseeable future.

That being said, Matt Hardy could be a different kettle of fish what with his brother already in the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source:
    In addition to a quiet release by WWE for referee Aaron "Goose" Mahoney, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the Swagger Soaring Eagle mascot was also cut by the company

:eek::(

Source:

:eek::(

Thats not gonna make any difference. Finlay will probably be in the suit next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sure wasnt it supposed to be Chavo in the eagle suit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement