Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

No chance of Clare Daly getting knocked down on the way home... I'd say if I opened up Google Earth you could probably see an Orange spot (in the Ireland area) without even zooming in .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Disappointed with Sarah Carey, she's coming across as a bit of a Fianna Fáil hack. She may have good diction and she can do a more than competent job but she's not suited to Vincent's show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

No chance of Clare Daly getting knocked down on the way home... I'd say if I opened up Google Earth you could probably see an Orange spot (in the Ireland area) without even zooming in .

Big girly head on her, then she opens her mouth and sounds like someone in the last stages of a gender op ! The contrast between her and Conor 'Breathless' Lenihan beside her !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

It has nothing to do with expenses. . I picked out Dan Boyle and Callely as two examples of people who were voted out by the electorate, yet were appointed by their friends in Government to their 70k Seanad jobs.. i.e. jobs for the boys...

Micheal McDowell as AG is a better example as he got a much more powerful job, with a nicer pay cheque and a better pension (but that was back in the Celtic Tiger era). But then lets not for get the 2 former PDs that were also elected by Bertie to the Seanad, Ciarán Cannon (now FG) and Fiona O'Malley.

Oh! and I was being sarcastic about the expensive scandal but that is the only reason we know Calley. Dan is just unfortunate to be a green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

pog it wrote: »
    Disappointed with Sarah Carey, she's coming across as a bit of a Fianna Fáil hack. She may have good diction and she can do a more than competent job but she's not suited to Vincent's show.

yeah that role is only suited to far left loons like vinny

btw , sarah is the daughter of a fine gael county counscellor

• Advertisement

irishh_bob wrote: »
    btw , sarah is the daughter of a fine gael county counscellor

Well I guess it makes sense, if she was FF she would have been snapped up by RTE.

Ah not gender quotas again. They discussed it a couple of weeks ago..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Ah not gender quotas again. They discussed it a couple of weeks ago..

jesus I am bored ****less by these cretins and this "debate"

Fuk it, if they're allowing half the political positions to be taken by women, I starting a movement to allow men to have half the babies in Ireland.. I feel like I'm being discriminated by Irish Legislation (well, and biology)...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,733 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If nearly half of the people in this country are female why the hell can't they get their own party together :D

• Advertisement

If nearly half of the people in this country are female why the hell can't they get their own party together :D

I can tell you one thing, the "skinny bitch" certainly wouldnt get the party ticket.

Interesting that the car from the crash this morning was owned by a garage, yet the garage had not reported it stolen... Wonder was it a rental or did one of their relations have an association with the garage.

OH god, another mistake.. Sarah, thinking the show had ended and gone to the music informs all the panels guests "Now there you go, you can all just pretend to chat to each other for the next few seconds".... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

I think Vincent would have nailed Liz McManus better over the Croke Park Deal. Liz said Labour didn't want to interfere. If that's the case why should anybody vote for them, if they're going to always sit on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

OH god, another mistake.. Sarah, thinking the show had ended and gone to the music informs all the panels guests "Now there you go, you can all just pretend to chat to each other for the next few seconds".... lol

Mary Fitzgerald.. hmmmmmmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Ivan Yates being his usual energetic self tonight.

Good panel tonight. As usual Constantine Gurdgiev is bang on the money. The pen pushers in the (safe) State jobs hate him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Last time I saw Ken Murray on TV he was reviewing the papers on Sky News.

My God, what was that girl Michaela doing, going out at midnight? She was only 12. Some parents - I'd love to interview them. :(

Yates is very comfortable on camera for a lad who hasnt done much on the box.. Aine Kerr is very pleasant, I'd certainly bring her out for a drink.. :)

• Advertisement

Joan Burton is giving her usual diatribe - universal payments for us all and no increase in basic tax rates. She'll instead tax all the millionaires, if she can find any. Vincent's the only one that can challenge her bulls**t.

We are taking in 32 billion and spending over 50 billion... best of luck with the budget Brian Lenihan, given that you cant touch public sector wages/conditions/jobs.. ridiculous Croke Park agreement... how they ever thought paying Benchmarking without making the extra "bonuses" for public servants conditional on the state of the country's economy, GDP etc just shows how little planning was put in to the whole thing...

Charlie "While I have it, I'll spend it" McCreevy should have planned that we wouldnt be liable for those bonus payments now that we dont have it.

Exactly my sentiments. Couldn't agree with you more. Pity Constantine Gurdgiev isn't on tonight. He's great, isn't he? He'd have had Burton for breakfast.

Ah I know Pken, I find myself that I do tend to talk a lot of sense.. :D Constantin is great, dont know why they dont have him on more.. And his exotic accent ... reminds me of ...

the-count-sesame-street.jpg
    Constantin "one haa haa, two haa haa" Gurdgiev..

Good performance by Ivan, seems he's a bit of a natural at this. Would certainly not mind him taking over the reins permanently from Vincent..

With regard to the lady journalists (if it's not sexist) that apear on the show.
    So far: Mary Fitzgerald 9/10. Niamh Lyons 10/10. Sarah McInerney (hasn't been on since July, I think) 11/10. :p

Would that be marked on their contributions or on their looks? Have to say that Aine Kerr and Mary Fitzgerald would be my favourites ..

I dare say looks first (how shallow), but their contributions too. The three I mentioned are clever and articulate. I also love the way Mary Fitzgerald uses her hands - she's very expressive.

maryfitzgerald.jpg
    I think Mary could have been a model.. She's a bit like Grace Kelly I think.. she's very posh, and aloof.. I guess that's part of my (probably warped) fascination with her..

Met Elaine Geraghty a few years ago when she was in FM104 through work, have to say she was a very nice woman.

• Advertisement

Eoin McDevitt is after raiding Pa Conners' closet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement