Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mmmm colleran said smyth was back 'by popular demand'......can't see how tbh.....i thought he was as woeful as colleran is.

Never liked Colleran, thinks he's an intellectual just cos he edits that rag paper. He simply cannot see the autocue. maybe it is because of this that he is the WORST presenter using it. He has said that "joke" about Sam Smyth being back by "popular demand" twice this week already. Not a very good presenter. Myers about the best of them at the moment, Sarah Carey good as well.
    get collette fitz on for a few weeks, at least she knows what she's doing.

Worth it for the rack alone.

I never bother tuning in until 15 minutes past the hour at this stage.. Surely the advertisers cant be happy with them taking a break straight away for ten mins and then starting the show.. Viewers are cleverer than to sit through 10 mins of ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I never bother tuning in until 15 minutes past the hour at this stage.. Surely the advertisers cant be happy with them taking a break straight away for ten mins and then starting the show.. Viewers are cleverer than to sit through 10 mins of ads.
    It's better then the old format where there was a plethora of breaks. At least now you know not to tune in till ten past and you get a good 25 odd minutes of uninterrupted debate.
    Against my better judgement I had a look at the celebrity episode online earlier. I got as far as 8 minutes before I turned it off. Easily the biggest car crash on Irish TV this year. It was like one of those trashy sky1 talking heads job with Colleran playing the circus master. He continually interrupted the guests not that they had anything interesting to say and seemed to have great difficulty in facilitating a flow of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Aidric wrote: »
    It's better then the old format where there was a plethora of breaks.

And there are more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Elmo wrote: »
    And there are more to come.
    Weren't they previously sponsored by Bank of Scotland which may have explained all the ad breaks?

Aidric wrote: »
    Weren't they previously sponsored by Bank of Scotland which may have explained all the ad breaks?

The BAI gave them an increase last week from 9mins on average to 12mins on average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

For some bizarre reason i had it in my head that glenda had a brain in her head but she proved opposite the other night.........jesus it was cringeworthy. so she gets a call from her agent saying, d'you fancy going on vincent browne to talk about 'celebrity' and she thinks, ah cool another 15 mins of fame for me...............she doesn't think that maybe just maybe there may be another possible topic in the offing and given the week thats in it ( callelely etc) i may be ambushed and asked about my uncle and his fall from grace. i wasn't surprised by her refusal to talk about him personally but when the topic of calleley etc began intitially and colleran just said to her....'what do you think of this situation'....she actually proved herself to be stereotype of her profession by not even having an opinion, rather saying ' i dunno anything about it so i can't comment'.wtf !...... she's a thicko . just shows you, model she may be, but looks fade , dumb is forever !

Ah jeez when Ger asked her about her uncle Lawlor ( did not know he was her uncle before) I had my hands over my face with embarrasment:rolleyes:
    Lahm wrote: »
    I thought Ger said on both nights that Sam Smyth would be back next week.

If you play Tuesday's episode on the TV3 website, he doesn't say it. They edited it out but he did say it last night

He said it alright.I thought Claire Byrne was supposed to present sometime too?Maybe she has messed everything up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

So is the "Sam Smyth" thing a joke?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

TV3 have some pretty screwed up voiceovers. The woman just said that the show was going to examine 'the three pillars of Irish society the church...etc.'. Again? Fortunately not. TV3 voiceovers are pre-recorded aren't they? They'd want to be careful how they label their tapes in future:rolleyes:

dambarude wrote: »
    TV3 have some pretty screwed up voiceovers. The woman just said that the show was going to examine 'the three pillars of Irish society the church...etc.'.

Yeah, I found myself saying "ah jaysus not again".. before realising I was a big eeeegit for not noticing their mistake.. :o

Sideshow Justine on tonight..

jimmyw wrote: »
    He said it alright.I thought Claire Byrne was supposed to present sometime too?Maybe she has messed everything up.

She's on RTÉ now would be surprised if TV3 pulled their gig in favour of Sam Smyth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I personally think Colleran would be all right if he wasn't so nervous.

The clipped, po-faced way Justine McCarthy speaks - pole up hole. I quite like her as a journo though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Sideshow Justine on tonight..

I lol'd :D.

I really don't like Ger Colleran as a presenter. Sam Smyth was good when he wasn't reading the autocue, he acted funny when he did. I'm glad he's back next week. Thank God they didn't bring back Myers to do it.

Dudess wrote: »
    I personally think Colleran would be all right if he wasn't so nervous.

The clipped, po-faced way Justine McCarthy speaks - pole up hole. I quite like her as a journo though.

Well he is contoversial like Vincent.

He must have been reading this today or else he can't stop thinking about the amount of people who have seen his fu.ck upfrom last night on the TV3 website.

The pope.... Anti Divorce, Anti Gay, and Anti Aircraft... lol

Yeah Colleran is very nervous, but he's particularly bad reading the autocue. He should just learn off the intro script before he goes in. He seems more natural and confident when he's not reading it.

Why would they bring Bob Fisk on, on a show about the church ?????

He used to put an auld grin on when he was reading the autocue on Monday and Tuesday.

Did he mention Sam Smyth tonight? Was it a joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Hows Vincent gettin on? hope he recovers from whatevers making him absent these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Is he still plugging politico.ie?

domain: politico.ie
    descr: Malachy Browne
    descr: Sole Trader
    descr: Registered Business Name

I'm sure it's all very transparent, just like the dynastic nature of Irish politics he's so keen to comment on.

Hows Vincent gettin on? hope he recovers from whatevers making him absent these days.

His Holidays.
    Is he still plugging politico.ie?

TV3 would be TV3 without some product placement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

TV3 would be TV3 without some product placement.

pace bill cullen.

His Holidays. TV3 would be TV3 without some product placement.

Absolutely

JonathanAnon's posting are sponsored by Tesco A4 paper...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

His Holidays.

He's on holiday, feel's like he's been gone a month or something.

TurboSnake :eek:

I was expecting a completely different product when I heard the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Sarah Carey was the best presenter so far. Sam Smyth was a close second. I hate the way Vincent Browne (when he's on) is so horrified by people's emails regarding Immigrants and Travellers.
    The usual suspects are on the panel tonight. These guys/girls are on too often. Fionnan Sheehan hasn't been on in a while. I love the way he exposes the Labour Party's populism and hypocracy.

Do they get paid for being on?

PKen wrote: »
    Fionnan Sheehan hasn't been on in a while.

Prob on hols too haha.
    I love the way he exposes the Labour Party's populism and hypocracy.

Yeah FF and FG are to forward with their populism and hypocrisy.

Notice how Ger said about Robbie Keane and his little boy?

He said "Robbie with his little, eh, boy". Said it with a grin in his voice. He also has a moustache.

Wouldn't put it past him.

My god this larry murphy thing is ridiculous... Do they not realise they will save somebody's life somewhere by keeping him banged up... They made the same mistake with Gerald Barry (who killed Manuela Riedo), and have learned nothing... The Guards got ssoooooooo lucky that the two hunters came across him, cos they would never have caught him, and now they are releasing....

WHAT A BUNCH OF FUKWITS... :mad:

Lahm wrote: »
    Do they get paid for being on?

Politicians don't get paid for appearances on TV or Radio (at least they shouldn't). The others I would have thought get appearance fees.
    My god this larry murphy thing is ridiculous... Do they not realise they will save somebody's life somewhere by keeping him banged up... They made the same mistake with Gerald Barry (who killed Manuela Riedo), and have learned nothing... The Guards got ssoooooooo lucky that the two hunters came across him, cos they would never have caught him, and now they are releasing....

How long was Gerald Barry in prison for, I didn't think he did much time before Manuela Riedo's murder.

Warning to Mods on my next statement

I think that there is more to his release than we might expect. I thought the interview with his Brother on Saturday Night With Miriam was very peculiar, why that show?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Politicians don't get paid for appearances on TV or Radio (at least they shouldn't). The others I would have thought get appearance fees.

How long was Gerald Barry in prison for, I didn't think he did much time before Manuela Riedo's murder.

Warning to Mods on my next statement

I think that there is more to his release than we might expect. I thought the interview with his Brother on Saturday Night With Miriam was very peculiar, why that show?

They know someone high up simple

• Advertisement

Gerald Barry was done for manslaughter of a guy, and when released he told the guards "next time you wont catch me".. he was released against the advice of the local gardai and went on to kill Manuela Riedo, and was also charged with another rape AFTER he was convicted of this.
    I think that there is more to his release than we might expect.
    Cmon, spit it out Elmo... ;)

I thought the interview with his Brother on Saturday Night With Miriam was very peculiar, why that show?
    It was out of season for the LLS, and there was no other show to do it on..?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement