Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

that fionnan nerd is a complete fine gaeler anyway. he looks like the bad guy from the incredibles

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Koloman wrote: »
    Ursula and Vincent seem a bit frosty towards each other.
    Could you blame him? The woman is a complete lightweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What party allegiance does Browne have? Don't watch him or read him much so wouldn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

Aidric wrote: »
    Could you blame him? The woman is a complete lightweight.

I can't stand Ursula Halligan. Don't think she's either a good interviewer or presenter. Kinda like a TV3 version of RTE Radio One's Mary Wilson. She's equally crap. I loved it when Philip Boucher Hayes was filling in for her. Both these women lack emotional intelligence - they come accross as robots most of the time. You know that irritatingly staged and uningaging way they talk?
    However, in all fairness to Ursula, the way Vincent phrased his question was confusing. I played back the show and he did make an arse of what he was asking. I didn't like the patronising way he treated her by dismissing her request for clarification. He may not be a "Social Snob" (he's allegedly left-wing) but he's an "Intellectual Snob" who looks down on those less educated than himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

kraggy wrote: »
    What party allegiance does Browne have? Don't watch him or read him much so wouldn't know.

He is a non-elitist from what I can gather. He is quite left wing IMO. But I think like many he has lost faith in most political parties. He wouldn't be the biggest PD fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Vanhalla wrote: »
    that fionnan nerd is a complete fine gaeler anyway. he looks like the bad guy from the incredibles

I think his wife is/was an adviser to Mary Hannifin.
    Elmo wrote: »
    I didn't see it, was the laugh that FG could not organise an piss up in a brewery let alone a scandal about another party's successful piss up in a brewery?

Yes! He has complete contempt for Enda Kenny and to suggest that Enda somehow was the mastermind behind all of this business had Vincent almost rolling in the aisles.
    kraggy wrote: »

Just a bit to the left of the Communist Party I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭PKen

At long last, Sarah McInerney. Her apearance is long overdue. She's not been on since July. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Lazarus had more life in him than this lad when he was dead, if you like your biblical references.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 partybart

PKen wrote: »
    At long last, Sarah McInerney. Her apearance is long overdue. She's not been on since July. :p
    +1 Amazing

A bit dead tonight. The fact that no politicians were on might explain it. No-one for Vincent to sink his teeth into.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Why did he do the paper previews Twice :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Lazarus had more life in him than this lad when he was dead, if you like your biblical references.

Stick a tache on him and he'd be father stone !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

SIX PACK wrote: »

The earlier one was solely to debate biffo matters, the final one was general.

SIX PACK wrote: »

Maybe he had nasal congestion and forgot what he was doing. There's a lot of it about at the moment.tongue.gif

Jaysus Cowan under serious pressure tonight.. by the look of tomorrow's paper...

Aine Kerr looks like she's just come from a Hannah Montana concert... but she's still lovely.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

anybody know who the hot girl who came on for papers at end earlier in week is?

tvpresenter_h_428106t.jpg
    Caroline Twohig, News Presenter

Does nobody read my posts.. ? :(

Seems like Cowan has given him a lend of the shovel to further dig his hole for him..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Does nobody read my posts.. ? :(

Seems like Cowan has given him a lend of the shovel to further dig his hole for him..

sry mate first time thread reader, was just about remvoe my post, what a ladie. Great having vincent back amongst the best presenters their is, and earns every penny he makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

My god that John Moloney Laois / Offaly TD has some brass neck - encompassess everything that is hateful about FF gombeenism

Annoyed:mad:

My god that John Moloney Laois / Offaly TD has some brass neck - encompassess everything that is hateful about FF gombeenism

Was just about to make the same point... We're the same as any other European country (regarding the recession) says he... What a complete load of bollocks.. How many other countries in Europe have put over 80% of GNP into a dead bank for the elite.. ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mattyhislop

"The Pope at a think in in Edinburgh!" Vincent's a gas man.

Yeah that guy Moloney would give you a headache. He' s damn rude too, wouldn't let anyone get a look in. Hardly doing FF any favours though.

Cant understand why Vincent hasnt brought up the issue of golfer Philip Walton requesting an apology from An Taoiseach for mimicking him on Monday night..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Mary Lou on tonight too..... always good for a laugh!

I remember the time she had to read out an apology:D

He kept referring to 'The Leader'...... is he a scientologist? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Mary Lou on tonight too..... always good for a laugh!

I remember the time she had to read out an apology:D
    what did she apologise for. :eek:
    I can't imagine a SF rep apologising for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

+1. who votes for these people
    delighted VB gave him loads

imme wrote: »
    what did she apologise for. :eek: I can't imagine a SF rep apologising for anything.

Mary Lou-ise O'Donnell (DCU), lecturer and general expert on everything.. not the other Mary Lou..

Jonathan is quite right, the 'Mary Lou' I referred to was Mary Louise O'Donnell (lecturer at DCU)

Sorry for the confusion, but it would help if you actually watched the show last night or even sometimes before posting... :rolleyes:

Mary Lou-ise O'Donnell (DCU), lecturer and general expert on everything.. not the other Mary Lou..

thanks.
    but she's such an expert!, can't see her having to apologise for anything,
    love her 'awfully awfully' accent as well.:)

• Advertisement

Jonathan is quite right, the 'Mary Lou' I referred to was Mary Louise O'Donnell (lecturer at DCU)

Sorry for the confusion, but it would help if you actually watched the show last night or even sometimes before posting... :rolleyes:

ah ha! I see.:rolleyes:

I'm actually not in Ire at the min, I'm far far far away, in another country, in a different time zone.

I did start the thread you know.:mad:

lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement