Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Surprised he has no issues with the programme that follows him which blatantly defrauds the poor, elderly and innocent of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Surprised he has no issues with the programme that follows him which blatantly defrauds the poor, elderly and innocent of mind.

What his sponsors?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Village magazine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Village magazine
    So village magazine that he runs himself is now sponsoring the show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

Isn't he sponsored by The Irish Times or a bank or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

think it was the RBS last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

can mod correct the thread title. its Browne. Thanks
    is that you Vincent?:D

So village magazine that he runs himself is now sponsoring the show?
    he doesn't run Village anymore BVC.
    It's now in the hands of Michael Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I watch it most nights. Its probably the closest thing to intelligent programming TV3 has got on its schedule. Vincent is really good at not allowing people to waffle and getting in the odd sly dig! Sometimes I think that it can be pointless. Especially if it has been a slow news day. Also trying to shove 3 ad breaks into 15 minutes has to be breaking some law!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The show is still sponsored by Bank of Scotland as far as I'm aware.

• Advertisement

Aidric wrote: »
    The show is still sponsored by Bank of Scotland as far as I'm aware.

tis sponsored by Bank of Scotland (Ireland)
    http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=tonightwithvincentbrowne

Village magazine

That got out of hand. I should stop trying to be sarastic. Or trying to be funny.

Indeed just like his sponsors Bank Of Scotland :rolleyes:

[disclaimer] Play TV and Bank Of Scotland both run legitimate businesses this post in no way suggests otherwise [/disclaimer]

Vincent Brown generally has an interesting panel on his show. He had Irish Mirror journalist and Fionnan Sheehan of the Indo and Theologian Gina Menzies. Also on the panel was former politician Jim Glennon, this guy is now a lobyist and appears on all sorts of TV and radion shows. I can't for the life of me figure out why. What does he have to contribute, I dunno.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

its a good show. brown always makes me laugh, always has a bit of banter with the guests. really good show IMO.

Brown is all over Willie O'Dea tonight. He's got Fionnan Sheehan (Indo political editor, who Vincent introduced as Editor of the Indo), Noel Whelan, Alan English, Limerick Leader Editor.
    Vincent looks like he's just stepped out of a shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

imme wrote: »
    Vincent looks like he's just stepped out of a shower.

LOL, he kinda always does though :D

Any major discussion on BOSI on VB Tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I like him tbh.
    You always get the feeling underneath it all he's just having a laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

Also, is it just me or does he always seem to have at least one hot female panellist on. :p

The female panelist on tonights show is absolutely painful to listen to. I've seen her on shows before and it's been the same stuttering rubbish. I honestly had to turn enough which is unfortunate as it's an interesting discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Aidric wrote: »
    The female panelist on tonights show is absolutely painful to listen to. I've seen her on shows before and it's been the same stuttering rubbish. I honestly had to turn enough which is unfortunate as it's an interesting discussion.

I s'pose what you have to remember I s'pose is that I s'pose given the nature of the I s'pose global economy I s'pose it's op-op-op-op-optimistic I s'pose to assume that level of I s'pose growth over the next I s'pose over the next four years. I s'pose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

tech77 wrote: »
    I like him tbh.
    You always get the feeling underneath it all he's just having a laugh at the ridiculousness of it all.

Also, is it just me or does he always seem to have at least one hot female panellist on. :p

No your not the first to spot that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Just watching Dan Boyle on VB.
    Does he remind anyone else of Milton from Office Space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Poor old Eamonn is getting a hard time, undeserved tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AEG

Vincent and his show are okay in small doses. That voice and his style of questioning can grate after a while!

Anyone watching this at the moment? Can anyone explain to me how Ursula Halligan made the rank of political correspondent? She stutters her way through almost every piece I've seen her deliver and her attempts to expand on the points she is attempting to make are pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

imme wrote: »
    Brown is all over Willie O'Dea tonight. He's got Fionnan Sheehan (Indo political editor, who Vincent introduced as Editor of the Indo),
    Fionnan Sheehan has reinvented himself well after his college days when he was President of UCC's students union and was a right lunatic.
    I can still see him up on the Rag week stage,megaphone in hand and stuffing eggs down peoples throats.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Why is VB being so dismissive of David McWilliams tonight!

The man got the boom and bust right - let's hear what he has to say now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

If you say something often enough it will eventually come true, within reason of course. McWilliams is just a populist economist and his constant tags and stupid phrases is extremely annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

Browne is in tune with the majority opinion on NAMA and the banking scandals and the fact that the least well off are being asked to pay for the mistakes of the bankers. Last season there were no ad breaks for the first 30 minutes or so but this season the show is unwatchable due to the number of ad breaks which seem to be every 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

emick wrote: »
    Last season there were no ad breaks for the first 30 minutes or so but this season the show is unwatchable due to the number of ad breaks which seem to be every 10 minutes.

What he's started doing lately... straight from the news introduce the guests and then take break ... is better... but the second half of the show is unwatchable with ad breaks. But shure even when he was with the national broadcaster on the radio, this show was exactly the same... ads every few minutes. And that was with the backing of the license payer.

Unfortunately TV3 need to get the money in somehow as they arent subsidized in any way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement