Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TONIGHT With Vincent Browne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

My favorite babe is on again, NNNNNNNNNNiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaammmmhhh LLyyyooonnnss MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!;)Yippie!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

I just switched over to watch but it's in the middle of another ad break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

tech77 wrote: »
    Just watching Dan Boyle on VB.
    Does he remind anyone else of Milton from Office Space.

ir6rki.jpg6a00cd97849482f9cc00fa967eb18c0003-500pi

Boyle looks good rocking a moustache ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God, has a more contemptible bunch of ****wits ever been assembled..
    Louis looks like he passed through Rathkeale, and borrowed a bottle of hair dye on the way to Ballymount.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Ger Colleran is definitely the worst guest presenter so far. He's terrible. He's phrasing his questions so badly that they don't know what he's asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

That was the most bizarre show ever, i feel dirty for watching it!

That was the most bizarre show ever, i feel dirty for watching it!

I'm no fan of Glenda Gilson, but I think it was unfair to ask her about the ill deeds of her dead uncle.. When Doherty butted in and said "oh, even the worst of murders have families who support then", I thought Gilson should have stoof up for Lawlor, as he was no doubt a bully and seriously abused his position, but he should not have been compared to murderers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

I'm no fan of Glenda Gilson, but I think it was unfair to ask her about the ill deeds of her dead uncle.. When Doherty butted in and said "oh, even the worst of murders have families who support then", I thought Gilson should have stoof up for Lawlor, as he was no doubt a bully and seriously abused his position, but he should not have been compared to murderers.

I disagree. Glenda was stumped. Ger pulled a winner out of the bag. He did exactly what Vincent would do. Glenda Gilson is so thick she couldn't understand the question. All she could say was that she loved her dear auld uncle but now he's dead and she's still cribbing about it.

Bless her!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Didn't see the show but can't say I'm surprised at what sounds like a trashy tabloid effort. Colleran is a contemptible presence imo and should be left to his grubby devices at his Star desk and well away from the national airwaves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,602 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lula Walsh looked younger and did he get hair plugs :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lula Walsh looked younger and did he get hair plugs :D

I think it's the new Copper Carpet, from Wella's "Traveller Man" range of hair colours....

I think the weekly change was a bad idea. perhaps swapping it around each day with 4 different presenters might have worked out better. It seems the presenters have discussions about things they like rather than general news items, hence swapping it around each night so that their is a bit of variety I assume that tonight it will be more tabloid type stuff?

Wonder how TV3 feel about Claire Byrne starting on RTÉ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

louis looked about 100 yrs old, what did he do to himself? id say simon will have plenty of ammunition for him this yr on x-factor...

• Registered Users Posts: 85,602 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Ger was going to ask Louis about his personal life but alas he didnt

Anyone else think Vincent looks a bit parched?

uhQU6.jpg

Must have got advice from Loius.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

that lad ger looks like he is on crack tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

For some bizarre reason i had it in my head that glenda had a brain in her head but she proved opposite the other night.........jesus it was cringeworthy. so she gets a call from her agent saying, d'you fancy going on vincent browne to talk about 'celebrity' and she thinks, ah cool another 15 mins of fame for me...............she doesn't think that maybe just maybe there may be another possible topic in the offing and given the week thats in it ( callelely etc) i may be ambushed and asked about my uncle and his fall from grace. i wasn't surprised by her refusal to talk about him personally but when the topic of calleley etc began intitially and colleran just said to her....'what do you think of this situation'....she actually proved herself to be stereotype of her profession by not even having an opinion, rather saying ' i dunno anything about it so i can't comment'.wtf !...... she's a thicko . just shows you, model she may be, but looks fade , dumb is forever !

colleran just said to her....'what do you think of this situation'....she actually proved herself to be stereotype of her profession by not even having an opinion, rather saying ' i dunno anything about it so i can't comment'.wtf !!

At least it better than pretending to be absolutely disgusted like Colleran.

Elmo wrote: »
    At least it better than pretending to be absolutely disgusted like Colleran.

care to elaborate ?

• Advertisement

care to elaborate ?

He is just one of those people - in my view - that goes on the radio/TV telling people how bad everything is and how he cares. She isn't pretending she gives a ****, she was asked to speak about celebrity because she has been in the tabloid newspapers. I am defending neither.

Mistake on last nights show seems to be the only thing playing on the TV3 catch up service, no they come back to it after a short intermission????

http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=tonightwithvincentbrowne

What mistake?

I thought Ger said on both nights that Sam Smyth would be back next week.

If you play Tuesday's episode on the TV3 website, he doesn't say it. They edited it out but he did say it last night

Lahm wrote: »
    What mistake?

He re-introduces the show and then says

"I think that is the one we did before, isn't it"

From the sides
    "You have already read that before?"
    "Alright lets do that again, ignore cameras"

Screen goes blank

Ger
    "Oh please don't look at me, look at the walls or something else"

It is still on the player, if you play it in a few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

haha!! its still there alright!!

was eoin harris supposed to be presenting it this week? on Monday night the continuity announcer b4 the show said it was eoin harris and in the paper listings yesterday it said the same. maybe it was meant to be himn but he chickened out the last minute given all the senate expense debacle. of maybe they think ger colleran is him.,........he does look a bit like him.

I'm thinking Harris has copped out.

Smyth is on again next week.

Lahm wrote: »
    I'm thinking Harris has copped out.

Smyth is on again next week.

mmmm colleran said smyth was back 'by popular demand'......can't see how tbh.....i thought he was as woeful as colleran is. browne can't read the autocue at the best of times but at least he's good at ad libbing. get collette fitz on for a few weeks, at least she knows what she's doing.

• Advertisement

How did they make that mistake?

Ger would be stansing for the part that says "join me after the break".

Was it a practice run or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement