Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Use www.thebestshop.eu. Its cheaper than the vapour store.

Use either. They are both good. Minty Doris you don't say when you are heading on holidays but I would recommend you buy some stuff to try before you go. You'll need to have a good idea of how much liquid you'll need and so on and if you want it to last for 2 to 3 weeks you'll need at least a couple of backup attomisers imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Thanks everyone for the quick replies

I am going on holiday in 2 weeks, for 2 weeks

The throat hit is a a fairly big deal to me where the actual taste of JPB is really just something i would love to find. As StealthRolex said, I realise JPB is a very 'Irish' taste

@thudd - thanks for the 'bish, bash, bosh'. Just what I needed.

Given that I would probably smoke 20 a day for 2 weeks, would you recommend I buy anything extra along with the above mentioned starter kit, as mewso mentioned.

Thanks again,
    Minty

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

MintyDoris wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for the quick replies

I am going on holiday in 2 weeks, for 2 weeks

The throat hit is a a fairly big deal to me where the actual taste of JPB is really just something i would love to find. As StealthRolex said, I realise JPB is a very 'Irish' taste

@thudd - thanks for the 'bish, bash, bosh'. Just what I needed.

Given that I would probably smoke 20 a day for 2 weeks, would you recommend I buy anything extra along with the above mentioned starter kit, as mewso mentioned.

Thanks again,
    Minty

Buy a starter pack and 2/3 liquids try it out over the next week or so. Get the highest nicotine level of the liquid to see how the throat hit feels to you and decide over that period which liquid you prefer. Then a few days before leaving grab a couple more eGo attomisers and maybe 2 or 3 large (30ml) bottles of your preferred liquids. The next 2 weeks should be enough time for you to try it and get a good idea of what you'll need. All of the Irish suppliers are next day delivery so you won't be waiting long to get the stuff.

Best Shop Super eGo pack - cylinder shape is better but not available from what I can see but you could grab a couple of the cylinder shaped attys seperately plus carts to go with your order. The other option is low resistance attys for a stronger throat hit which may well be worth a look if you are making it a priority.

Liquids are a very personal thing. One of the most popular, the Joye, is out of stock at vapour store unfortunately but you need to try 2 or 3 of them really as it will be your taste buds nobody elses.

Just to say the eGo-T (which is different to the eGo model we have recommended) is considered the best thing on the market at the moment but nobody has recommended it which I think is quite correct as there can be finnicky problems with it that won't be welcome while on holidays but you should bear it in mind if when you return you want to stick with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭StealthRolex

mewso wrote: »
    Buy a starter pack and 2/3 liquids try it out over the next week or so. Get the highest nicotine level of the liquid to see how the throat hit feels to you and decide over that period which liquid you prefer. Then a few days before leaving grab a couple more eGo attomisers and maybe 2 or 3 large (30ml) bottles of your preferred liquids. The next 2 weeks should be enough time for you to try it and get a good idea of what you'll need. All of the Irish suppliers are next day delivery so you won't be waiting long to get the stuff.

Hold the phone there. The highest from some companies is 36mg, for others it's 24mg. Either way nicotine is seriously poisonous and ingesting a couple of drops of 36mg could make you seriously ill or worse!

By all means get some high or super high but get some 0mg cutting fluid as well - propylene glycol (PG) or glycerine (VG) is available from most suppliers. 60ml should cost you no more than 3 or 4 yoyos.
    Make sure you have a dropper or a 3ml syringe with a fine plastic tip so it doesn't go all over the shop while you're mixing.

I'd get a couple of strengths between 11 and 24 ish. If one is too strong you can cut it, and vice versa. Or get the 36mg and cut it with VG.

I used to smoke Dunhill King Size and the 24mg is plenty strong. After a while I would up cutting it with 0mg VG back to 15.

The other use for 0mg is playing with it. The last thing you want is to buy a great vaper system and then overdose on the juice. With 0mg you can blow smoke rings to the wee hours and still sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hold the phone there. The highest from some companies is 36mg, for others it's 24mg. Either way nicotine is seriously poisonous and ingesting a couple of drops of 36mg could make you seriously ill or worse!

Eh, I've been vaping 30+mg fluids for the best part of a year without any problems. Seriously not dangerous at that level for a seasoned smoker.

• Advertisement

A couple of things to bear in mind Minty if you have never vaped before.

First off - you know that first head rush in the morning, or if you've been off the smokes for a couple of days..? well it's not the nicotine. It's carbon monoxide poisoning causing a lack of oxygen in your system and your heart beats faster to compensate. With a vaping system you won't get that. So don't go upping the dose to get a rush. Relax and enjoy.

Second, be aware that some people are allergic to the nebulizer medium. If you get a reaction to a PG based fluid go for VG or PEG-400 based.

Third, because these things don't go out until the juice runs dry or the battery goes flat it's very easy to over vape. Try to stick to what you would actually smoke - once a hour for three or four minutes. Unless you're on 0mg in which case, knock yourself out.

Fourth. Don't think it has to look like a cigarette. It's actually better if it doesn't as it is a different system. But that can be personal.

Finally, get the best you can afford. There are fantastic systems out there for less than 50e and there is plenty of crap around the 30e mark. There is no point wasting another year and 3,000e because of a bad first experience.

For me long time between charges and refills was a priority over flavour and throat hit. So I finally got a ScrewDriver - with a non proprietary battery so if you are caught short you can get more power from a camera shop, or anyone selling a 18350

nesf wrote: »
    Eh, I've been vaping 30+mg fluids for the best part of a year without any problems. Seriously not dangerous at that level for a seasoned smoker.

Key here is seasoned smoker. Appreciate the point but an overfilled cart can leak into the mouth and it's not pleasant. Not entirely dangerous, granted, but not pleasant.

Also have to consider the kiddies. Make sure it's in a child proof container.

It's the lab rat in me ... :cool:

Best Shop Super eGo pack - cylinder shape is better but not available from what I can see but you could grab a couple of the cylinder shaped attys seperately plus carts to go with your order. The other option is low resistance attys for a stronger throat hit which may well be worth a look if you are making it a priority.

mewso that yolk looks like the TW Tornado - I gather it's the same thing with Joye branding?

mewso that yolk looks like the TW Tornado - I gather it's the same thing with Joye branding?

Yep or rather the Tornado is a Joye product with TW branding. Regarding the highest nicotine level I worded that badly. Most of the Irish suppliers' liquids don't go higher than 24mg and that was what I had in mind. I would never suggest anyone starting out should try anything stronger than that. The usual case of me not writing exactly what I was thinking. In general starting out at 18mg is fine and only go higher if that doesn't do the job imo.

Key here is seasoned smoker. Appreciate the point but an overfilled cart can leak into the mouth and it's not pleasant. Not entirely dangerous, granted, but not pleasant.

Also have to consider the kiddies. Make sure it's in a child proof container.

It's the lab rat in me ... :cool:

It's unpleasant even if it's 0mg to be fair and we're talking about a 20 a day smoker here so his/her nicotine tolerance will be plenty high enough. Even with kiddies, you need a fair dose per kg of nicotine for it to be dangerous, a few drops won't do anything, you're talking about a kid drinking part of the bottle and that's going to be dangerous regardless of how strong the liquid is if the child drinks enough of it (which a very young child very much might do).

Any eliquid is dangerous in the wrong hands, 24mg vs 36mg doesn't make much of a difference really.

• Advertisement

Third, because these things don't go out until the juice runs dry or the battery goes flat it's very easy to over vape. Try to stick to what you would actually smoke - once a hour for three or four minutes. Unless you're on 0mg in which case, knock yourself out.

The only thing I would say here that since day one I have basically vaped constantly taking 2 or 3 puffs every few minutes which probably adds up to the same thing over an hour (a cigarette is probably about 15 drags so 3 drags every 12 minutes would add up to the same). I think people will gravitate to the usage that suits them the best. You will know if you are vaping too much.

The only thing I would say here that since day one I have basically vaped constantly taking 2 or 3 puffs every few minutes which probably adds up to the same thing over an hour (a cigarette is probably about 15 drags so 3 drags every 12 minutes would add up to the same). I think people will gravitate to the usage that suits them the best. You will know if you are vaping too much.

I'd agree very much with this. Honestly, similar to smoking, you very quickly figure out if you're over or under consuming nicotine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

anybody getting an upset/nauseous stomach since they started vaping?

beano345 wrote: »
    anybody getting an upset/nauseous stomach since they started vaping?

Nausea could be too much nicotine. Try vaping less to see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

from past experance upset stomach/diarrhea and dizzyness/loss of balance are to big things related to to much nicotine.

i learned that 10 years ago when useing a patch :rolleyes: bad state for about 36 hours

if you can keep an eye on blood presure as thats a good indicator.

when i took in to much mine was 160/90 i thought i was haveing a hartattack/stroke

normal is 120/80

heres a good chart

blood-pressure-chart.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I was interested to try some VG so got some peper soda and coconut off liberty flights.
    ALOT more vaper but im not shure on the taste of the peper soda :(
    the coconut is very nice [15 drops mixed with 2 drops of vodka] in a std ego-t atty.Very much a chillout/evening vape for me

i was realy impresed with the other bottle i got from there XO range,peach melba,lots of taste :D

I can't think about the taste of Dr Pepper ejuice without wanting to violently throw up - tastes like some kind of harsh cleaning product...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Has anyone any thoughts on the menthol from Thebestshop.eu?

I've been using Vapourstore's menthol for a week or so and really like it but thebestshop are a good deal cheaper so I was thinking of switching.

Sorry if it's a silly question but I'd been using tobacco flavour from VapourIreland for months and tried Joye Tobacco from TheVapourstore and it was rancid to me.

Any huge difference between the menthols from the vapourstore and thebestshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I'm almost sure they are the same dekang liquids.
    TBS also do a premium liquid but i prefer the standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I'm almost sure they are the same dekang liquids.
    TBS also do a premium liquid but i prefer the standard.

They are the dekang liquids and vapourireland does the menthol 50ml for €15

Definite nicotine overdose today :P

Got dual coil cartomizer this morning, best vape I have had since I started vaping.

Anyone know the life expentancy of these? I cannot believe that I get the best vape from a €2 cartomizer instead of €11 atomiser, should I expect it to die sometime today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Definite nicotine overdose today :P

Got dual coil cartomizer this morning, best vape I have had since I started vaping.

Anyone know the life expentancy of these? I cannot believe that I get the best vape from a €2 cartomizer instead of €11 atomiser, should I expect it to die sometime today?

I've been using mine since friday or saturday and its still going, not getting as much vaper but still tastes the same and same throat hit, just ordered more. They really are great aren't they :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Elevelyn wrote: »
    I've been using mine since friday or saturday and its still going, not getting as much vaper but still tastes the same and same throat hit, just ordered more. They really are great aren't they :D:D

So ya reckon it be better to buy 5 of these for the eGo-T instead of an atomizer?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

derra wrote: »
    Elevelyn wrote: »

So ya reckon it be better to buy 5 of these for the eGo-T instead of an atomizer?
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/blank-cartomizers/dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer/prod_196.html

I just got some today and by far the best thing I have tried.

+ great throat hit and vapour

- got the clear ones so it looks and sounds like a crack pipe :-o

Mezamo wrote: »
    I just got some today and by far the best thing I have tried.

+ great throat hit and vapour

:D
    Thanks for the reply Mezamo and are you using Ego-t with these cartomisers?
    if so, any leaks ? (get awful annoying leaks in mine with the cartridge and atomiser)
    Which Drip tips did you get for them and do ya have to get a syringe also?

Sorry for all the questions, off the rollies a week now and just want a good reliable system in place to keep that going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

are the best shop still on holidays?

beano345 wrote: »
    are the best shop still on holidays?
    No, they are back delivering now.

derra wrote: »
    :D
    Thanks for the reply Mezamo and are you using Ego-t with these cartomisers?
    if so, any leaks ? (get awful annoying leaks in mine with the cartridge and atomiser)
    Which Drip tips did you get for them and do ya have to get a syringe also?

Sorry for all the questions, off the rollies a week now and just want a good reliable system in place to keep that going.

Got a couple of Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizers today - best throat hit ever.
    You don't need a syringe to fill them and they'll take normal 510 drip tips.

I don't imagine getting a leak from these cartos unless they're over filled.
    It does really look like some kind of drug paraphernalia with the drip tip and the clear tube though!

dsc00297bzls.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I used to get leaks from my Ego-T until I pulled the wick a little further down - now it's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

mrplop wrote: »
    I used to get leaks from my Ego-T until I pulled the wick a little further down - now it's grand.

How did you manage to get at the wick?

Got a pair a thin pliers and pulled it out of the atty - tutorials here;

http://youtu.be/ofttKd2CEtc
    http://youtu.be/_MXYm1e_uuU

Pulled the wick down a tiny amount after cooking over the gas to clean it - the wick actually turned white again after cooked it. After I washed the inside of the atty with water and did some short dry burns it was new again.

I read folks are using Bicarb, lemon juice and vinegar to clean their atomizers - supposed to work wonders too.

• Advertisement

Mezamo wrote: »

and you know this how?

will be ordering alot more of these

Advertisement