Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Just received some chocolate coffee cream and vanilla chocolate from Irish Vapers. I originally ordered a different flavour and was informed promptly that it was out of stock and given a choice of replacement. Next day delivery and they even threw in a couple of samples. They do the Joye tobacco also, great service, recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Hi There,
    I have two 650mA ego-t batteries (non 5 click) here I'm not using. They were only lightly used as I got two 1000mA ones very shortly after I got my starter pack. I'll consider a swop for attys, juice or cash. Any interested parties please PM me.

Thanks,

Mez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gunn3rs

I just bought a pack of C-E2 R4 XL-Cartomizers for 510 off of Irish Vapours. The reviews online looked good so I just went ahead and bought them. I'm still trying to find my feet with vaping tbh. It will probably take a while, and a lot of money, to find what suits me best.

Has anyone tried these before? Does it come with a needle or do I need to purchase that seperately?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

gunn3rs wrote: »
    I just bought a pack of C-E2 R4 XL-Cartomizers for 510 off of Irish Vapours. The reviews online looked good so I just went ahead and bought them. I'm still trying to find my feet with vaping tbh. It will probably take a while, and a lot of money, to find what suits me best.

Has anyone tried these before? Does it come with a needle or do I need to purchase that seperately?

I have only tried 1 of them and found they were way too harsh on my throat and they use ALOT of juice. they dont need a needle, just drip the juice down the side of it and rotate it, let it settle in and repeat until full, leave for about 30 mins and give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Been doing alot of reading of this thread and went with some recommendations as well as some help from Bryaner so thanks a million.

Was chain smoking Drum tobacco to the likes of 25-30+ a day and after getting the eGo-T 650 Starter Kit i have reduced dramatically during the week to about 5 a day and a couple of those would be because i feel uncomfortable taking out my e-cig but the more i feel the benefits the more i am warming to it in public.

I use 18mg Ruyan 4 and will probably get a 24mg one that might cut out the rollies altogether as well as getting used to it socially !
    Seem to have a big problem out and about vaping, feel like i'm doing something wrong (''Look at yer man over there smoking a hash pipe '' :D) when i have it out in public i try to vape discreetly. Hope eventually i see more people out with their weapon of choice !

Anyone try the Drum flavoured from oksmokey?
    One atty does'nt same to perform as good as the other so am i best buying another of the same or is there a better one that is compatible with what i have ?(the one that is good, there is a great throat hit from it)
    When ya get the odd leak with rotten taste , is that from drawing on it too much ?
    Has anyone bought an extra one that looks like a cigarette to avoid attention in pubs etc?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

derra wrote: »
    Anyone try the Drum flavoured from oksmokey?
    One atty does'nt same to perform as good as the other so am i best buying another of the same or is there a better one that is compatible with what i have ?(the one that is good, there is a great throat hit from it)
    When ya get the odd leak with rotten taste , is that from drawing on it too much ?
    Has anyone bought an extra one that looks like a cigarette to avoid attention in pubs etc?
    Cheers.

The drum is pretty good. Never going to be exactly the same but it's not bad. Well worth a try I would say.

Unfortunately I am convinced at this stage that the design of the tank means a higher percentage than other attomizer types will be poor performers but at the same time you can't beat a properly performing tank atty. I have basically stocked up on them from China so if I get a dodgy one I can switch but it's not ideal going forward. The burnt taste seems to crop up too and a few contstant puffs without inhaling can sort it but when it happens I know it will continue to happen with that specific atty because yet again design is playing a part imo. I hope they will improve the design to make them more reliable but for now thats the way it is. It's also worth trying a standard mega eGo atty with cartridge as I find them very reliable.

As to the vaping outside. Couldn't give a fiddlers to be honest. I am actually quite discreet in a pub because I just don't want to risk the hassle and it's easy enough to be discreet. Outside I can sometimes be aware of how it might look etc. but I would be willing to bet most people won't even register it probably assuming you are smoking most of the time. As far as I'm concerned it's better for my health and thats more important than how it looks to anyone else. At this stage I would rather attract attention and have to explain to people what it is because more people should be aware of them. The downisde is when people do hear about it they go and buy that crappy cigarette sized model from the chemist and come to the conclusion they don't work. Way back in post 1 I said that I regretter buying a model that looked like a cigarette. I prefer them to look completely different now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Has anyone bought an extra one that looks like a cigarette to avoid attention in pubs
    Er.... you wouldn't avoid attention by smoking a cigarette in pubs :)
    Why do you care anyway ? It's only eGo-T 650 you've got -- the smallest decent kit available....( My provari + a2 bulli-smoker at least twice bigger )
    Besides ...it is not like u doing smth wrong... Personally , I'll vape rather then smoking drum tobacco in public :) Vaping is cool... smoking not......

mewso wrote: »
    The drum is pretty good. Never going to be exactly the same but it's not bad. Well worth a try I would say.
    Unfortunately I am convinced at this stage that the design of the tank means a higher percentage than other attomizer types will be poor performers but at the same time you can't beat a properly performing tank atty. I have basically stocked up on them from China so if I get a dodgy one I can switch but it's not ideal going forward. The burnt taste seems to crop up too and a few contstant puffs without inhaling can sort it but when it happens I know it will continue to happen with that specific atty because yet again design is playing a part imo. I hope they will improve the design to make them more reliable but for now thats the way it is. It's also worth trying a standard mega eGo atty with cartridge as I find them very reliable.

As to the vaping outside. Couldn't give a fiddlers to be honest. I am actually quite discreet in a pub because I just don't want to risk the hassle and it's easy enough to be discreet. Outside I can sometimes be aware of how it might look etc. but I would be willing to bet most people won't even register it probably assuming you are smoking most of the time. As far as I'm concerned it's better for my health and thats more important than how it looks to anyone else. At this stage I would rather attract attention and have to explain to people what it is because more people should be aware of them. The downisde is when people do hear about it they go and buy that crappy cigarette sized model from the chemist and come to the conclusion they don't work. Way back in post 1 I said that I regretter buying a model that looked like a cigarette. I prefer them to look completely different now.

Cheers for reply Mewso.
    Might give the Drum flavour a try so as well as that atty and sometime in the future will try different devices.
    Alot of people have been impressed when explaining about them and even more so from people that know me and not seeing me smoke like i used to so i'm doing my bit for the cause!
    I was close myself to buying one in the chemist (intellicig) but knew there be something on Boards about them in which i came across your thread, so grateful for that.
    As i said ,i'm realising the benefits of ecigs and getting to the stage where it won't bother me where i smoke it, just a matter of adapting to it as my new fix so to speak.
    alec76 wrote: »
    Er.... you wouldn't avoid attention by smoking a cigarette in pubs :)
    Why do you care anyway ? It's only eGo-T 650 you've got -- the smallest decent kit available....( My provari + a2 bulli-smoker at least twice bigger )
    Besides ...it is not like u doing smth wrong... Personally , I'll vape rather then smoking drum tobacco in public :) Vaping is cool... smoking not......

Good call and of course is common sense, as above i'm just adapting to it along with the attention it brings i suppose.
    Don't wanna get into the whole rigmorole of image etc, am just generally speaking of my experience thus far if ya know what i mean :)
    ps: that Provari and bulli-smoker looks a powerful device !

Hope the forum request is successful and a big vaping session organised in a pub !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Cheers for reply Mewso.
    Might give the Drum flavour a try so as well as that atty and sometime in the future will try different devices.
    Alot of people have been impressed when explaining about them and even more so from people that know me and not seeing me smoke like i used to so i'm doing my bit for the cause!
    I was close myself to buying one in the chemist (intellicig) but knew there be something on Boards about them in which i came across your thread, so grateful for that.
    As i said ,i'm realising the benefits of ecigs and getting to the stage where it won't bother me where i smoke it, just a matter of adapting to it as my new fix so to speak.

Good call and of course is common sense, as above i'm just adapting to it along with the attention it brings i suppose.
    Don't wanna get into the whole rigmorole of image etc, am just generally speaking of my experience thus far if ya know what i mean :)

Hope the forum request is successful and a big vaping session organised in a pub !

I'm allowed e-smoke in my local ,but it draws a lot of unwanted attention. People coming over and looking for a drag off it. I'm a bit of a clean freak so I don't like that, but others just sit there all night pointing over ,which is annoying.

This is what is needed on pub doors to bring about awareness
    esmoking_allowed.jpg

Just read the above posts about the pub and I had a little laugh. I was out today in my local with my wife, my uncle, my cousin and another cousin who I have all intorduced to vaping. We were in a little corner and the clouds of vapour attracted at least 10 people to ask what the story was. No problems, no feeling guilty, just spreading the word....Again to Mewso, you have my thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Cheers for reply Mewso.

Giddy up on the pub vaping session, are you still on the rollies along with a vape? I got the 18mg R4Y from [EMAIL="http://www.irishvapers.ie/"]http://www.irishvapers.ie/[/EMAIL] and all is ok struggling a wee bit for a throat hit but I'll manage, 4 weeks of the dirty smokes and my chest is sweet..

I'm allowed e-smoke in my local ,but it draws a lot of unwanted attention. People coming over and looking for a drag off it. I'm a bit of a clean freak so I don't like that, but others just sit there all night pointing over ,which is annoying.

esmoking_allowed.jpg

+1 the unwanted attention is unreal, I guess a lot is curiosity of smokers wanting to give up and wondering wtf you are at..

I wonder is it time for a boards vaping meet up in a vape friendly pub, anybody interested? They have these things on a couple of other forums so why not here?

esmoking_allowed.jpg
    I drink in a few different pubs where i live and i can only imagine the reaction in some of them :D
    Hopefully soon the vaping movement takes hold and they be out in their masses vaping!
    wingnut32 wrote: »
    Just read the above posts about the pub and I had a little laugh. I was out today in my local with my wife, my uncle, my cousin and another cousin who I have all intorduced to vaping. We were in a little corner and the clouds of vapour attracted at least 10 people to ask what the story was. No problems, no feeling guilty, just spreading the word....Again to Mewso, you have my thanks!

:D Can imagine the table with all sorts of devices and juices etc
    bryaner wrote: »
    Giddy up on the pub vaping session, are you still on the rollies along with a vape? I got the 18mg R4Y from [EMAIL="http://www.irishvapers.ie/"]http://www.irishvapers.ie/[/EMAIL] and all is ok struggling a wee bit for a throat hit but I'll manage, 4 weeks of the dirty smokes and my chest is sweet..
    Good man Bryaner,
    Yeah i still do have a pouch with me but getting closer each day to not having any with me at all. A 12.5g pouch is lasting me days whereas before i had 50g pouches that would last me 3 days only!
    Hard to believe how much i have cut down, really is something else and as i said getting so close to not having any.
    Would normally have loads pre rolled for golf and smoke more than 10 on the course, now i just bring what i need to vape whilst playing.

I drink in a few different pubs where i live and i can only imagine the reaction in some of them :D
    Hopefully soon the vaping movement takes hold and they be out in their masses vaping!

:D Can imagine the table with all sorts of devices and juices etc

Good man Bryaner,
    Yeah i still do have a pouch with me but getting closer each day to not having any with me at all. A 12.5g pouch is lasting me days whereas before i had 50g pouches that would last me 3 days only!
    Hard to believe how much i have cut down, really is something else and as i said getting so close to not having any.
    Would normally have loads pre rolled for golf and smoke more than 10 on the course, now i just bring what i need to vape whilst playing.

Good work dude thats a serious drop, keep the good work up and keep me posted..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

mewso. where do you buy your egot attys en masse from?

Might look into just getting a bulk order, so I have loads. Mine always seem to crap out on or around the weekend, so I have to wait until tuesday before a replacement will arive. And thebestshop is on holiday so I can't get my B type atty :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

mewso. where do you buy your egot attys en masse from?

Might look into just getting a bulk order, so I have loads. Mine always seem to crap out on or around the weekend, so I have to wait until tuesday before a replacement will arive. And thebestshop is on holiday so I can't get my B type atty :/

Well Health Cabin were the last guys I went to. It's only really worth it in bulk - http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1072&products_id=7743

There was another one I saw on UkVapers who do 5 packs but I can't find them now. If I track it down I'll post it.

Also Liberty Flights do 3 packs which involves some savings too I think.

* edit - found a guy selling 10 packs for $65 (+$15) delivery - approx €5.50 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sotajiq

Hi guys,
    Just a quick question. I bought ego-t from amazon which has lock function when press the button 5 times. I gave this one to my girlfriend and I bought an ego-t for myself from www.smokegreenstore.com which hasn't the lock function, but I'm still happy with the quality and everithing it's exactly like my previous one but the lock function. just want to ask why is that difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sndwr4

Guys i have posted this before - the best solution is to use the well proven original EGO standard atty with an adapted tank - this has now been perfected in Ireland and works great - if anyone is interested let me know and I can give you a step by step instruction on how to achieve the simplest of solutions to this type of vaping.

sotajiq wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Just a quick question. I bought ego-t from amazon which has lock function when press the button 5 times. I gave this one to my girlfriend and I bought an ego-t for myself from www.smokegreenstore.com which hasn't the lock function, but I'm still happy with the quality and everithing it's exactly like my previous one but the lock function. just want to ask why is that difference?

The 5 button press to turn off came into being when the eGo-T first came out. Before then eGo batteries didn't have them. I assume some people are creating starter packs without the newer batteries. Perhaps it makes the package cheaper but I don't think it means you have a fake product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

My Silver Bullet threads are starting to grind a bit. Anyone have an alternative to the Noalox stuff people use in the states? Preferably one that I can buy in a bricks and mortar place over here.

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

alec76 wrote: »
    Why do you care anyway ? It's only eGo-T 650 you've got -- the smallest decent kit available

510 and 510-T seem fairly decent as well from what I've heard and they're more of a cigarette size, you can even get them in white.

But I do agree that you're better off not going obsessing over getting something that looks like a cigarette, it's really not that important and you'll end up with one of those crappy Intellecigs that leave muck on your mouth when you try to take a drag :mad:

I just wanted to agree with whoever said about strangers seeing your e-cig and randomly asking for "a go" of it. I don't mind sharing medicinal cigarettes with friends on occasion, but I am really annoyed when a randomer wants to use my e-cig; not knowing how to use it and ends up putting his manky gob all over it. Rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

i've had it for more than a year and haven't gotten it to work properly, it seems i'm either flooding it constantly or don't know what else may be wrong with it, anyway i'm giving it away as i wouldn't have the patience to go searching for any possible causes and solutions.
    has to be collected from limerick city centre.
    if nothing else then at least you'll get a few accessories if you already own a pipe like this. (if you dont i honestly wouldnt recommend wasting your time on this one either, unless you're a hardcore geek :D)

i'll leave it up here for 1-2 days and then post in the adverts if no takers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Sub forum has been approved!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

If your looking for a cigarette style e-cig, I ordered a Full Sport PCC kit from www.jacvapour.com (based in Scotland) last week. I received it this morning and WOW!

These are amazing, so far the cartomizers are incredible producing masses of slightly warm vapour, more like a dual coil carto than a clearomizer and the PCC is really cool.

It's exactly what I was looking for in an out and about e-cig, the PCC is pretty much the same size as an iPhone 4 and holds one complete e-cig along with charging a spare battery.

I'm generally not a fan of automatic batteries but these ones really seem to work.

They're really responsive when drawing but don't appear to have the problems associated with other auto batteries of firing up in a breeze or due to loud noise/music.

From what I have read online and seen via youtube these kits are exactly the same as the Bloog Maxxfusion and Volt kits in the states.

All in all I'm totally impressed £39.99 + €5.00 postage was money well spent..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I was interested to try some VG so got some peper soda and coconut off liberty flights.
    ALOT more vaper but im not shure on the taste of the peper soda :(
    the coconut is very nice [15 drops mixed with 2 drops of vodka] in a std ego-t atty.Very much a chillout/evening vape for me

i was realy impresed with the other bottle i got from there XO range,peach melba,lots of taste :D

Dual Coil Cartomizers, First Impressions: Fantastic. Serious throat hit, serious flavour. Highly recommended. I bought them in the UK but only noticed now they are in thebestshop (who are on holidays until the 11th by the way so be aware of that).

• Registered Users Posts: 15 surferdwb

Dual Coil Cartomizers, First Impressions: Fantastic. Serious throat hit, serious flavour. Highly recommended. I bought them in the UK but only noticed now they are in thebestshop (who are on holidays until the 11th by the way so be aware of that).

I got some of the dual coil cartomizers FOC from the bestshop as I had some damaged clearomizers. They really are great I'd agree completely with the above, great throat hit, flavour and vapor and really cheap.

I much prefer them to the clearomizers.

Wow I got some 18mg juice from http://www.irishvapers.ie/ and they threw in one of these as a sample, didn't know I could stick it onto my ego t battery till now, serious blast of it cheers.

• Advertisement

bryaner wrote: »
    Wow I got some 18mg juice from http://www.irishvapers.ie/ and they threw in one of these as a sample, didn't know I could stick it onto my ego t battery till now, serious blast of it cheers.

My recent order from irishvapers included a free CE2 R4 cartomizer which is different. Are you sure it wasn't that? They don't sell the dual cartomizers. Thats not to say the CE2 R4 isn't good. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Advertisement