Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I got a pack of 5 transparent ones from liberty-flights and a bottle of menthol (ordered monday and came today) the DCC's are great but I'm not crazy about the menthol, the mint is very strong and has weird aftertaste, Does anyone else use the condom method to fill them? I find it the easiest way to fill them and no leaks

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

derra wrote: »
    :D
    Thanks for the reply Mezamo and are you using Ego-t with these cartomisers?
    if so, any leaks ? (get awful annoying leaks in mine with the cartridge and atomiser)
    Which Drip tips did you get for them and do ya have to get a syringe also?

Sorry for all the questions, off the rollies a week now and just want a good reliable system in place to keep that going.

Yes I'm using an ego-t 1000ma battery with these. No leaks yet :cool:

I got leaks from the regular ego-t atty's but this stopped when I started using Low resistance ones.

Regular 510 tips do fine with the DC's and I did purchase a syringe with them for handyness. One tip with the cartomisers is do not overfill them or you will get a mess!! does it sound like I learned the hard way :rolleyes:

Best of Luck with the smokes... I'm 6 months free at this stage:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Condom method is probably the least messy way to fill the DCC's, just wait for the liquid to bubble out of the battery end, blow the excess out and give it a quick clean of a tissue

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Condom method is probably the least messy way to fill the DCC's, just wait for the liquid to bubble out of the battery end, blow the excess out and give it a quick clean of a tissue

The DC's from the bestshop dont come with a rubber cover :confused:

Mezamo wrote: »
    The DC's from the bestshop dont come with a rubber cover :confused:

Forgot about that:) I just have a load of them in the house from the boge cartos!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Hi All

Just found this thread and didn't feel up to reading thru 120 pages so apologies if these have been discussed before:

Is the Joye liquid from Irish Vapers the same as in the Vapour Store? I love the VS one but it's a bit weak for me at
    18mg. If I were to get 54mg concentrate how much would I need to add to say a 10ml bottle to bring it up to 24mg?
    Can't find any Irish supplier doing concentrates...have I missed something?

Anyone had an issues about bringing eliquid or ecigs through airport security...specifically Cork and Heathrow? Is it safer
    to pack the liquid in your checked luggage in case it's confiscated because the security people might not have come across
    ecigs or eliquid before...am sure they have in Heathrow but maybe not in Cork? Am heading to Argentina where ecigs are
    banned...any advice about what to do if stopped by customs?

Silly question, but is it ok to store eliquid bottles horizontally rather than standing up? Have a fishing tackle cabinet which
    would be ideal for all my ecig gear but anything over 5ml won't fit horizontally.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I just have the carto at an angle and drip as I revolve it slowly.
    Takes a while but no leaks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Bubba9 wrote: »
    Is the Joye liquid from Irish Vapers the same as in the Vapour Store?

I bought a bottle but have yet to try it. From the smell I would guess no. I am guessing it's the polish stuff but I could be wrong there.
    I love the VS one but it's a bit weak for me at
    18mg. If I were to get 54mg concentrate how much would I need to add to say a 10ml bottle to bring it up to 24mg?

1ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 2ml of (18 + 54)/2 = 36mg
    2ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 3ml of (36 + 54)/3 = 30mg
    3ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 4ml of (54 + 54)/4 = 27mg
    4ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 5ml of (72 + 54)/5 = 25.2mg
    5ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 5ml of (90 + 54)/6 = 24mg

In simple terms it's a 5:1 ratio to get 24mg
    Can't find any Irish supplier doing concentrates...have I missed something?

Yeah I don't think any are doing them but I'm open to correction.
    Anyone had an issues about bringing eliquid or ecigs through airport security...specifically Cork and Heathrow? Is it safer
    to pack the liquid in your checked luggage in case it's confiscated because the security people might not have come across
    ecigs or eliquid before...am sure they have in Heathrow but maybe not in Cork? Am heading to Argentina where ecigs are
    banned...any advice about what to do if stopped by customs?

This should be a sticky when we get a forum but the feeback on this (and that includes me many times through airport security) is no problems at all. I generally unscrew batteries from attys to be on the safe side and liquids in the plastic bag never seems to raise any eyebrows. As for Argentina if they are banned there I assume there is a risk of confiscation but I don't know how big a risk that might be.
    Silly question, but is it ok to store eliquid bottles horizontally rather than standing up? Have a fishing tackle cabinet which
    would be ideal for all my ecig gear but anything over 5ml won't fit horizontally.

While liquids normally come with child proof lids I'm not sure if this is a guarantee something won't leak if placed horizontally. I wouldn't myself but they might be ok. You will need to find out for yourself I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

mrplop wrote: »
    Got a couple of Dual Coil LR XL Cartomizers today - best throat hit ever.
    You don't need a syringe to fill them and they'll take normal 510 drip tips.

I don't imagine getting a leak from these cartos unless they're over filled.
    It does really look like some kind of drug paraphernalia with the drip tip and the clear tube though!

I used to get leaks from my Ego-T until I pulled the wick a little further down - now it's grand.
    Mezamo wrote: »
    Yes I'm using an ego-t 1000ma battery with these. No leaks yet :cool:

I got leaks from the regular ego-t atty's but this stopped when I started using Low resistance ones.

Regular 510 tips do fine with the DC's and I did purchase a syringe with them for handyness. One tip with the cartomisers is do not overfill them or you will get a mess!! does it sound like I learned the hard way :rolleyes:

Best of Luck with the smokes... I'm 6 months free at this stage:D:D:D

Cheers lads for the tips.
    Expecting a couple of them in the morning so looking forward to trying them out.
    Also got another battery and another atomiser, getting to be addicitive buying this stuff !

As long as i have everything i need to vape i can't see myself going back on the smokes at all, very effective so it is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

mewso wrote: »
    I bought a bottle but have yet to try it. From the smell I would guess no. I am guessing it's the polish stuff but I could be wrong there.

I should correct this. This liquid is Joye but when I say polish I mean I think it's the same as the Joye liquid Samba bought from an online shop in Poland. You can read his comments on it earlier in the thread where he said it was different to the vapourstore stuff but he liked it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

The hardest part of quitting smoking is the thoughts of quitting smoking.

when using E cigs I developed swollen and inflamed tonsils which developed into chronic tonsillitus resulting in a year of HELL and a tonsilectomy which hurt like ****.

On the plus side, after my op I was in so much agony (I was allergic to the pain killer to boot) that I couldnt smoke for 2 months, so obviously I never went back on them and am now smoke free after 10 years of 20-40 jonny blue a day!

So in a roundabout way they worked!

My advice cold turkey, forget the ecigs and just convince yourself not to smoke ever again. Dont think of it as a process just dont smoke anymore, ever again, after 6-12 weeks you will be a new person. I did it while in agony from having my tonsils Burnt from my throat. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, in comparison to the pain it was insignificant.

I was a heavy smoker and quit cold turkey, Its easier then you think.

The hardest part of quitting smoking is the thoughts of quitting smoking.

when using E cigs I developed swollen and inflamed tonsils which developed into chronic tonsillitus resulting in a year of HELL and a tonsilectomy which hurt like F***.

On the plus side, after my op I was in so much agony (I was allergic to the pain killer to boot) that I couldnt smoke for 2 months, so obviosly I never went back on them and am now smoke free after 10 years!

So in a roundabout way they worked:P

My advice cold turkey, I did it while in agony from having my tonsils Burnt from my throat.

I was a heavy smoker and quit cold turkey, Its easier then you think.

No offence Cisco but this is a thread about electronic cigarettes not advice on how to quit but I should point out that they were invented in 2003 approx. so if you are off them over 10 years then whatever you were using it wasn't what we are using if you know what I mean.

No offence Cisco but this is a thread about electronic cigarettes not advice on how to quit but I should point out that they were invented in 2003 approx. so if you are off them over 10 years then whatever you were using it wasn't what we are using if you know what I mean.

You misunderstood me.

I was talking about my experience with them and how they failed me. It should be noted that they can irritate tonsils and cause inflamation.

I quit after smoking for ten years. I quit in Feb2011. so it was a modern e cig.

I was talking about my experience with them and how they failed me.

I quit after smoking for ten years. I quit in Feb2011. so it was a modern e cig.

Fair enough my mistake.

Fair enough my mistake.
    Np Im sorry to come across all nonchalant about it, its just, I remember the sheer aprehension and anxiety I felt about quitting and I remember looking at all these different options and trying different things.

now I know that that was the worst part, actually just not smoking was easier then obsessing about the idea of quitting.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Havent posted in a long while but a couple of things though.

1.Congrats on getting the forum approved--you can thank me later for starting the thread in the forums request forum :)

2.Ive been off the real cigs for 5 weeks now and I wouldnt have done it without my trusty 501.I havent touched a real ciggie and used the 501 only as a last resort when the cravings got really really bad.I have found that the e-cig was great help at stopping combined with a course of Zyban.So as it stands I`ll never touch another real cig again but I will however continue to vape.

3.I need a replacement for my 501.So far Ive been through 5 attys,4 batteries and a load of carts.Im lookign for soemthing thats reliable,holds a charge for more than an hour and preferably one of these "tank" systems.
    Looking at the joye ego-t?Anyone recommend me anything else?Or is this the best setup at the minute?Bear in mind Im not an all day vaper these days but more of a casual user that vapes maybe 5-6 times a day for few minutes each.Something that I can charge up,fill in the morning and not worry about all day are my exact needs.Dont want to have to carry chargers,syringes for filling etc about with me all day.Oh yeah and a good throat hit similar to dripping with a 501 which I found great.

Thanks for the help.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Havent posted in a long while but a couple of things though.

1.Congrats on getting the forum approved--you can thank me later for starting the thread in the forums request forum :)

2.Ive been off the real cigs for 5 weeks now and I wouldnt have done it without my trusty 501.I havent touched a real ciggie and used the 501 only as a last resort when the cravings got really really bad.I have found that the e-cig was great help at stopping combined with a course of Zyban.So as it stands I`ll never touch another real cig again but I will however continue to vape.

3.I need a replacement for my 501.So far Ive been through 5 attys,4 batteries and a load of carts.Im lookign for soemthing thats reliable,holds a charge for more than an hour and preferably one of these "tank" systems.
    Looking at the joye ego-t?Anyone recommend me anything else?Or is this the best setup at the minute?Bear in mind Im not an all day vaper these days but more of a casual user that vapes maybe 5-6 times a day for few minutes each.Something that I can charge up,fill in the morning and not worry about all day are my exact needs.Dont want to have to carry chargers,syringes for filling etc about with me all day.Oh yeah and a good throat hit similar to dripping with a 501 which I found great.

Thanks for the help.

Yes indeed thanks for the proposal Hellrazer. The tank is where it's at despite some reliability issues and in your case for throat hit maybe a low res. version might be more suitable. Another option might be the standard eGo with mega attys (again LR being best for you) which is very reliable. In both cases you get better batteries that last for a good few hours and possibly all day in your case.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

The tank is where it's at despite some reliability issues and in your case for throat hit maybe a low res. version might be more suitable.

Any links for what you`d recommend Mewso?

Another option might be the standard eGo with mega attys (again LR being best for you) which is very reliable. In both cases you get better batteries that last for a good few hours and possibly all day in your case.

Again would you have links?

As I said the 501 has lasted me months--it was the one from ecirette solutions and I think it cost me 20 quid on special offer at the time.I just bought batteries,attys as I needed them and used the 30ml 25mg juice to top up the carts that came with it at the start and then dripped straight on to the atty in the last couple of months.

You know youre stuff in this thread so I thought Id ask in here first before buying anything this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

1ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 2ml of (18 + 54)/2 = 36mg
    2ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 3ml of (36 + 54)/3 = 30mg
    3ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 4ml of (54 + 54)/4 = 27mg
    4ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 5ml of (72 + 54)/5 = 25.2mg
    5ml of 18mg + 1ml of 54mg = 5ml of (90 + 54)/6 = 24mg

In simple terms it's a 5:1 ratio to get 24mg

Yeah I don't think any are doing them but I'm open to correction.

This should be a sticky when we get a forum but the feeback on this (and that includes me many times through airport security) is no problems at all. I generally unscrew batteries from attys to be on the safe side and liquids in the plastic bag never seems to raise any eyebrows. As for Argentina if they are banned there I assume there is a risk of confiscation but I don't know how big a risk that might be.

While liquids normally come with child proof lids I'm not sure if this is a guarantee something won't leak if placed horizontally. I wouldn't myself but they might be ok. You will need to find out for yourself I think.

Cheers for that Mewso. I'll order a bottle of Joye liquid from IV when they get a new stock in.

Hi All

Thanks in advance

I carry mine around in a big Jiffy bag - the bottles are all over the place and never any leaks.

• Advertisement

Just when i was settled with my dcc's they only go and start selling triple coil cartos, looking forward to trying them though

Thanks for the help.

You'll get a get great throat hit from the Ego-t with the larger B style tanks as opposed to the smaller ones.
    It wouldn't be that far away from the dual coil LR carts.

The Ego-t is easy to fill and a doddle to clean plus the batteries are very long lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The dual coil cartos are very nice, just got some delivered. Far, far, far better than the clearomisers.

Any links for what you`d recommend Mewso?

Again would you have links?

As I said the 501 has lasted me months--it was the one from ecirette solutions and I think it cost me 20 quid on special offer at the time.I just bought batteries,attys as I needed them and used the 30ml 25mg juice to top up the carts that came with it at the start and then dripped straight on to the atty in the last couple of months.

You know youre stuff in this thread so I thought Id ask in here first before buying anything this time.

Well both thebestshop and vapourstore have starter kits for either model but if you want to go low res. you are better off buying the bits seperately. 2 eGo Batteries, 2 LR Mega Attys or 2 LR Tank Attys and the appropriate carts. In both cases the cylinder shaped attys seem better mainly because they can take larger amounts of liquid without needing a refill. It's up to you really. Look around though. For all I know there are LR starter kits. Someone else might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

nesf wrote: »
    The dual coil cartos are very nice, just got some delivered. Far, far, far better than the clearomisers.

Have to agree with you nesf, I thought I was sorted with clearomisers but when i actually thought about all the faff that i did (fixing the top bung so it would wick better, having to inject the juice etc...) with the clearos and then tried the cartos there was no comparison.... DCCs are great, only things that I have noticed is that my ego t battery needs to be charged alot more and the transparent ones don't taste the same as the black metal ones

Looks good to me. No cylinder option but thats not that big a deal and vapourstore doesn't even have the option at all anyway.

Elevelyn wrote: »
    the transparent ones don't taste the same as the black metal ones

Do you think the black are better? I might try them if so. Probably looks better too. i.e. no crack pipe effect.

Elevelyn wrote: »
    nesf wrote: »

Have to agree with you nesf, I thought I was sorted with clearomisers but when i actually thought about all the faff that i did (fixing the top bung so it would wick better, having to inject the juice etc...) with the clearos and then tried the cartos there was no comparison.... DCCs are great, only things that I have noticed is that my ego t battery needs to be charged alot more and the transparent ones don't taste the same as the black metal ones[/Quote

Get a 1000ma battery then

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I picked up one of the Dual coil LR XL cartomisers, it arrived this morning. and.. so far I am unimpressed.
    I'm not getting much vapour, and what vapour I am getting is uncomfortably hot.. it kinda burns the back of my throat. flavour wise it is a little better than the ego-t.

im wondering if I filled it properly.. I just opened the top, and dripped some juice in.. I filled it to the top and waited until it had soaked in each time.. when some of the juice started dripping out of the battery end I wiped it off and figured I had put enough in.

Is it possible to wash them out with water to try a new juice? or are they disposable, ie you use one flavour in each cartomiser.

Advertisement