Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Shulgin wrote: »
    Good stuff!
    So are the vapourireland ego-t's knock offs?

Yup, buy the original from the vapourstore ,far better vape and built better in general, I didn't realise until I got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hi can anyone tell me where I can buy e cigarettes in Galway city, I currently have no credit in my credit card so cannot buy online is there any stores in the city? I left my nicotine cartridges up in Sligo for the Intellicig one and need to buy replacement cartridges for it and have ran out, currently I am back on the roll ups for the mom.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Hi can anyone tell me where I can buy e cigarettes in Galway city, I currently have no credit in my credit card so cannot buy online is there any stores in the city? I left my nicotine cartridges up in Sligo for the Intellicig one and need to buy replacement cartridges for it and have ran out, currently I am back on the roll ups for the mom.

1. www.thevapourstore.ie - Galway, no pickup
    2. www.thebestshop.eu - Oranmore, pickup available. You can visit them and touch everything.
    Both stores accept Laser Cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

Finally took the plunge. Silver Bullet (Silver Vein finish) ordered from iVapour Elixir in the UK. I cannot wait to get a hold of this thing. Decided to treat myself, 7 months off the fags today! Which can be verified from my first post on this very thread! Thanks again all.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

I've been vaping now for 10 weeks with the ego-T. Does anyone else notice that the atomisers are inconsistent as f##k or is it just me? The first lasted two weeks then the next few a week maybe two... They all start leaking juice everywhere.. I clean them and they do the same again. Is anyone else having he same problems with the tank system?

Mez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Yes. I find the lifespan to be very bad and they either vape great or hardly at all. Moody little f*ckers. Leakage is not too bad but does happen. I was able to get a few months out of the regular atties but 2 or 3 weeks (if I'm lucky) is all I get out of the tank before the performance goes down the tubes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah i'm noticing the same, but I prefer the tank so much to the dripping that I'm willing to shell out for a new atty every 2 weeks or so just for the convenience of it.
    even if I was getting an atty every week, it still works out so much cheaper than the cigarettes that I don't mind at all, especially with next day delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

yeah i'm noticing the same, but I prefer the tank so much to the dripping that I'm willing to shell out for a new atty every 2 weeks or so just for the convenience of it.
    even if I was getting an atty every week, it still works out so much cheaper than the cigarettes that I don't mind at all, especially with next day delivery.

Yeah. I'm of the same opinion. I'd never go back to direct dripping now and I was spending 80 quid a week on the fags.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

10 days or so using the ego-T, haven't had an analogue since. One of my atomisers died after about 3 days but to be honest I am probably to blame for that (over use!).

I'm travelling later on in the week & I'm debating whether or not to bring it with me, I'll only be away for a day.

Has anyone had any experience bringing e-cigs through security in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

there shouldn't be any problems. just make sure you put juice in the separate bag with other liquids. I had mine disconnected and had no problems at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

Has anyone tried clearomisers? they look cool and was thinking of trying some out. Just wondering what the flavour is like cause I find that its hit and miss with tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

10 days or so using the ego-T, haven't had an analogue since. One of my atomisers died after about 3 days but to be honest I am probably to blame for that (over use!).

I'm travelling later on in the week & I'm debating whether or not to bring it with me, I'll only be away for a day.

Has anyone had any experience bringing e-cigs through security in Dublin?

Just came back from Malaga today with no problems, get yourself a liquid bag put your juice in and off you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Guys where do you get your Halo liquid from? I've been buying from the vapour store but they seem to be letting all their stock run out and don't seem to be replenishing any when they sell out, they have a note up saying their order has been severely delayed but it looks like they won't be getting them in again because they've been gradually running out for a couple of months now.

I know you can order from the U.S site but i'm looking for somewhere a bit closer, it was handy getting next day delivery from the vapourstore so if anyone can recommend somewhere that sells Halo Juice in the UK then that would be great.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Elevelyn wrote: »
    Has anyone tried clearomisers? they look cool and was thinking of trying some out. Just wondering what the flavour is like cause I find that its hit and miss with tanks

Been using them almost exclusively for about 2 weeks...find them very good, both in terms of flavour and vapour. Main niggle is wicking, doesn't overly bother me, i'm just used to tipping the ecig over after every couple of drags, works for me.
    For me they require a clean out and dry burn every 2-3 fills, or the flavour falls away. Brings them back to god as new. The plastic is very light, so its very prone to cracking around the base, leading to leaks....

I find a clearomiser on an ego with a cone for stability is a great ecig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just spotted this on dealxtreme. As with a lot of things on dealxtreme its only $5, so if its crap than you have not lost very much. Might be useful for someone if they have been considering trying out e-cigarettes and dont want to spend a lot of money on it.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/quit-smoking-usb-rechargeable-electronic-cigarette-with-6-refills-29044

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

It is crap! I have two of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

viks75 wrote: »
    Now I am thinking about to try the LR eGo-T atty version... Does anybody have experience with those?

I thought they were ok. Not a huge difference to the standard and it won't be anymore reliable either. At the end of the day attys should be considered disposable items. Thats why I think it's always worth getting a few from china at a cheaper price if possible for backups when you have the time to wait for their delivery - http://www.heaven-gifts.com/gallery-169.html - I see they have a cylinder shape version there now. I wonder if they are any different.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Thanks Mewso!

What is your experience with buying from China? Delivery times? Have you had to pay any taxes upon arrival?

:confused:

Never had to pay taxes. This may be down to luck as much as anything else but I've had several orders without any problem. I always go for the cheaper delivery option which might be a factor if it means it then comes via An Post instead of a courier. Not sure really. It has generally taken a couple of weeks on average to get here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Right Im 9 days into my holiday with the replacement eGo-T that I got from vapourireland and one of the batteries is fecked, the light stays on and theres very little power to the atty.

Sorry if I've confused you guys ,I've gon back to my old username.

The former incredible fridge:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Still using my Generic Ego-T from VapourIreland, I got it two weeks ago; no problems yet (aparts from one of the tanks leasking inside of itself, but that might have been down to me modding it for a stronger drag).

I'm down to five 'analogues' a day as opposed to twenty, pretty effortlessy so long as I have the ego T handy. You really get the hang of it after a few weeks. Hopefully should be down to zero normal smokes in about a month or so if the e-cig holds up.

All good so far, would recommend these things to anyone, even the most sceptical. I've already saved enough using the Ego-T (and some extra) to cover the price of it and it's pretty nice not to always have ashtrays everywhere and always looking for a lighter :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Need some help!

I've spent the best part of 2 hours sifting through info and I still haven't been able to make a decision :)

Cliffs...

2 people and they are heavyish smokers who are looking to kick the habit. (24mg?)

To get them set up for 4 months and not requiring parts (with the exception of liquid) what would be the best bet for 2 people starting out?

Which vape? I've read countless reviews many of which are conflicting, is there any clear winner on the market?

I was considering the Ego 510 until I start reading about atts having a poor life span.... which ones have the best durability?

Anyone tried these guys?

http://www.vaporbomb.com

I just need to be swayed on choice of product and where to purchase really :)

Hey Samba. Another degen looking to give up eh :) Most here would agree the eGo-T (tank) is the best out of the box e-cig on the market. For two people for 4 months I would want at least 2 batteries each if not 3, 4 attys each if not more. Some here have found the Tank attys not lasting as long as expected. I've had decent life-span so it's luck of the draw as usual with these things. The only problem with stocking up for 4 months or so is liquid. Very much a personal preference. All I can say is the Joye Tobacco is very popular but only comes in 16mg/18mg.

eGo-T same as Tornado Tank
    Joye Tobacco liquid same as Titan Tobacco

You are going to have to try a few different liquids before you know which ones to stock up on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

mewso wrote: »
    Hey Samba. Another degen looking to give up eh :)

Hehe not only will this be beneficial to my health, I'll get more hands in playing live! ;)

Thanks man, appreciate the advice, will be purchasing over the weekend and i'll be back with first impressions when it lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

mewso wrote: »
    I see they have a cylinder shape version there now. I wonder if they are any different.

Hi Mewso,

I got one of these to try out, no difference really a bit thicker the whole lenght of the atty. The tank is a bit bigger feels more cigar thickness than cigarette thickness. The tank holds more liquid too.

Just got my delivery from http://www.e-liquid-store.com/index.php shipped from Hong Kong.

Ordered on April 29th arrived 9 am today.

Ordered their Menthol as I haven't been getting satisfied by thebestshop's menthol the last two orders, turns out its just the same so maybe me.

I have also ordered Mint, Red Cola and Rum.

Will keep you informed of what I think of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

I made a small order to enjuice (cheapest postage) and said it was complete and dispatched 9 days ago... still no sign :(:(:(

Mewso: What is your impression about the stuff they are selling at heaven-gifts.com ? original Joye atty's or cheap copies, like the one I got delivered today from Vapourireland - no eGo-t branding and looks cheaper as well. Didn't try the atty yet though... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure Heaven's Gifts have the Joye stuff. There are a couple of other chinese sites I have used that don't have the Joye but maybe Bauway (who do copies) so it looks to me like Heaven's Gifts have the license to sell the Joye products. Pretty sure I have attys I bought from them at home with eGo on them (standard mega attys I bought before the tank came on the scene).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Mewso: What is your impression about the stuff they are selling at heaven-gifts.com ? original Joye atty's or cheap copies, like the one I got delivered today from Vapourireland - no eGo-t branding and looks cheaper as well. Didn't try the atty yet though... :rolleyes:

I have one of these ones you got and just over two weeks now, one of the atomisers has just packed in. From VapourIreland.com. It says on their site now that they have two versions, a genuine Joye one and a slightly cheaper one . Quite frustrating since I paid €20 more than what they're selling it for now two weeks ago and it has stopped working since.

I'm not sure now if I should go elsewhere and buy a whole other starter kit from a more honest site or just replace the atomisers, Are the batteries and chargers on these generics dodgy as well?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Hi Oh Noes,

I can vouch for thebestshop.eu
    Original products and next day delivery.

Theblueirish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi guys

I'm using the Jasper and Jasper ecigarette with the intention of hopefully giving up smoking altogether, I'm just wondering would anyone know where I could buy atomisers for it?

cheers

Advertisement