Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I'm still having no luck finding another supplier of Halo e-liquid.
    Anyone know of any others apart from the vapour store?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

got some dk-tab ejuice from vapourstore.. god damn this **** *stinks*

it tastes lovely, but it smells so strong.. the juice and the vapour. when I took it out of the envelope I thought I'd randomly pissed myself without realising. and If I leave the room and come back in after having been vaping, it's... strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Funndy

Has anyone tried out the new 510-t yet - any results to report back?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well been reading this thread through, granted have skipped a few pages here and there.

I'm 23 and been smoking since I was about 16 and smoke about probably 10-13 a day.

I work in a call centre and noticed a guy in the team beside me shooting what looked like smoke in the air, of course I leaned over and he was telling me about his E-Cig.

He got an intellicig starter pack from a chemist for €25 and he had alot of good information on it for me, skeptical, he gave me a drag.

I have to admit I could feel the hit on my lungs and it was clean and crisp, I was really impressed.

Our company are cool with these so it definitly is a conviniance being able to smoke at the desk, plus it would be ideal for me at home, sitting infront of a pc for most of the day, and as someone who would like to cut down early in life.

Reason I'm here is to get more feedback on a widespread basis, I havnt seen this model talked about in any detail from the search function ( mybad if i missed)

But I'm looking at this package, going with 10mg cartidges, simply cause my smoke box says 10mg ( If I'm wrong on how this works please please fill me in )

http://www.intellicig.com/black-evolution-25-p-154:ba382603fecb992b232f49f5ec5b49e0.html

Having something to cut down the actual horrible ****e chemicals from fags, being able to smoke this in work and at my pc, sounds like a winner.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

And btw fantastic thread just found it today and it was a brilliant read from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Its a matter of opinion but I would go for this if starting again.

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-ego-t-starter-kit/prod_4.html

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-liquid/e-liquid-50ml/prod_8.html

you won't go wrong with this and it will give you a real good chance of kicking them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Funndy

Its a matter of opinion but I would go for this if starting again.

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joye-ego-t-starter-kit/prod_4.html

http://www.vapourireland.com/e-liquid/e-liquid-50ml/prod_8.html

you won't go wrong with this and it will give you a real good chance of kicking them.

Could I also suggest that you go for Menthol flavour because it will change the taste that you get while Vaping ( smoking) - and if you are tempted to pick up a cigarette some night it will taste vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Folks, can anyone vouch for the ry4 from thebestshop. €14 for 50ml seems like great value compared to whats on the vapour store.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Intellicig sell old outdated models for way over the odds and bland tasteless liquids. They sided against all other suppliers in the UK over the proposed medicalisation of e-cigs in the hope that they could corner the market. For this and many other reasons I will never buy anything from them.

Unfortunately they seem to have gotten their weak-ass product into a lot of pharmacies so I hear a few people mention them. They may well fullfil a need for some but they are not a good product imo. and from what I've seen from a pack a girl had at work they are being sold in a way that forces people to purchase the kit each time if their battery dies or they run out of carts unless they go online. Sneaky bastards deserve no business from anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

mewso wrote: »
    Intellicig sell old outdated models for way over the odds and bland tasteless liquids. They sided against all other suppliers in the UK over the proposed medicalisation of e-cigs in the hope that they could corner the market. For this and many other reasons I will never buy anything from them.

Unfortunately they seem to have gotten their weak-ass product into a lot of pharmacies so I hear a few people mention them. They may well fullfil a need for some but they are not a good product imo. and from what I've seen from a pack a girl had at work they are being sold in a way that forces people to purchase the kit each time if their battery dies or they run out of carts unless they go online. Sneaky bastards deserve no business from anyone.

Cheers for the info man, yeah they are available in chemist etc, was down at the local at lunch having a nosey and thought I'd hang off until I heard more news here and it seems the case, will check the links above to see whats what

Oddly enough I'll have to think about this, I'm more considering this sort of item so it saves me guff at home, not able to smoke in the house so always trapsing out the back is annoying, having something to puff on while at the pc sounds like a winner to me, those links are blocked in here but will check it out when i get home :)

Turns out I can actually get that website in here

OK

So this thread is pretty big. I'm a starter looking to just see if I'd be into the whole thing and if its a good substitute. Not looking to break the bank but just something to try for a week/month.

Flavors arnt really a big thing, its more just getting a good throat hit, and having a device that is efficent and good interms of use and battery.

Suggestions a welcome guys :)

And I'll promise to report back my findings ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

TheDoc wrote: »
    Cheers for the info man, yeah they are available in chemist etc, was down at the local at lunch having a nosey and thought I'd hang off until I heard more news here and it seems the case, will check the links above to see whats what

Oddly enough I'll have to think about this, I'm more considering this sort of item so it saves me guff at home, not able to smoke in the house so always trapsing out the back is annoying, having something to puff on while at the pc sounds like a winner to me, those links are blocked in here but will check it out when i get home :)

Turns out I can actually get that website in here

OK

So this thread is pretty big. I'm a starter looking to just see if I'd be into the whole thing and if its a good substitute. Not looking to break the bank but just something to try for a week/month.

Flavors arnt really a big thing, its more just getting a good throat hit, and having a device that is efficent and good interms of use and battery.

The eGo-T is pretty much where it's at as things stand in the e-cig world. I suspect something like the intellicig provides enough of a hit to make some people stick with it but mainly because they don't realise there's anything better out there. Sadly many will go back to smoking without investigating further. €56 for an eGo-T starter 'aint that much in the grand scheme of things especially if helps you cut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Manchgreen

I bought an EGO Tank from the Vapour Store over 11 weeks ago (and still using it :)) I have to change the atomiser about every two weeks. I bought a friend one from Vapour Ireland about seven weeks ago and she does not need to change her atomiser at all. We are both using it full time (without any cigarettes). I've left my charger with spare battery in work (accidentally) on a few occasions plugged into my PC and have borrowed my friends spare battery - and it seems that my atomiser works better (more vapour/throat hit) when I use hers, even when my own atty is near the two weeks old point. I don't know whether the batteries she received were just luck of the draw 'good'. but it does seem to make a difference even though I know from previous messages that the Vapour Ireland ones are 'copies'. Anyways I'm going to order a battery from them soon and I'm wondering if the normal EGO battery fits the Tank or if I have to get the EGO T battery. I'm asking this bacause on the vapour store there is no EGO T version of the battery. I'm a bit confused as I haven't bought a battery yet (only what came in the starter packs).

Thanks in advance :)

All I have is standard eGo batteries. They work fine with the tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Manchgreen

Thanks Mewso, that's great, will try them as that's all I presume my friend got in the starter pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 iwantadonkey

total beginner here,confused as hell reading this thread:confused:
    just ordered a tornado tank starter kit (the small one)
    and a few small bottles of liquid
    should i order another battery and atomiser as well?any suggestions to what else i need?
    really excited for it to arrive now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Well I've read a bit of this thread, think I'm going to chance trying this out. I'm spending too much on tobacco and want to get off it while I'm still young.

Just a couple of questions, completely new to this.

I'm thinking of getting the JOYE EGO starter kit off Vapour Ireland for €56. It doesn't come with liquid so would this be okay to get with it for €15?

How long could I expect to get off 50ml and is the tobacco flavour worth getting? I'm not a big fan of menthol cigarettes.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Well I've read a bit of this thread, think I'm going to chance trying this out. I'm spending too much on tobacco and want to get off it while I'm still young.

Just a couple of questions, completely new to this.

I'm thinking of getting the JOYE EGO starter kit off Vapour Ireland for €56. It doesn't come with liquid so would this be okay to get with it for €15?

How long could I expect to get off 50ml and is the tobacco flavour worth getting? I'm not a big fan of menthol cigarettes.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Yep, what you have there is the best way to start off, I get 2 weeks out of 50ml of liquid , the eGo-T is the best cig out at the moment and a very good one to start off with.I use the menthol liquid you have linked to, and I like it a lot to other liquids.

Best of luck:)

Is the vapourireland model joyetech? I thought someone was doing a dodgy copy? I wasn't aware there was an 1100mah eGo-T battery available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Is the vapourireland model joyetech? I thought someone was doing a dodgy copy? I wasn't aware there was an 1100mah eGo-T battery available.

I got a dodgy copy from them and emailed them about it when the first atomiser broke (two weeks after I recieved it). The customer service was great, the guy rang me up and explained that they are now stocking genuine products and he sent me out a JoyE branded atomiser and told me that if the other one goes, he'll replace that too. It did break so I mailed him but the mail bounced.

So I don't know what the story is there, they obviously have a lot of the dodgy stock as well as the branded stuff. I will update on this if he sends a second atomiser just to be fair because the customer service was very good. But for now, I'd say avoid them while they're still shipping the dodgy generic stock.

So ColeTrain you may want to consider thevapourstore as an alternative as it is definitely the right product.

Just browsing on Heaven's Gifts and I see there is a Joye 510-T now. Interesting.

Nope ,they're pure shíte tbh, they do sell original joytech attys, but the full kit is a bad copy of the eGo-T.Two full kits lasted me 4 weeks, I just buy liquid from them now.

• Advertisement

So ColeTrain you may want to consider thevapourstore as an alternative as it is definitely the right product.

Just browsing on Heaven's Gifts and I see there is a Joye 510-T now. Interesting.

Cheers, just looking at it now.

Better deal too as it comes with some Marlboro cartridges and is a whole euro cheaper!

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-starter-kit-510-version-/prod_245.html

Careful though. That link is not the tank version. Here is the tank - http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-starter-kit-tank-version-/prod_275.html. A bit dearer and you will need liquid.

i feel like i should have bought the joye one now:(

Careful though. That link is not the tank version. Here is the tank - http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-starter-kit-tank-version-/prod_275.html. A bit dearer and you will need liquid.

Thanks again mate, told you all I was new to this :)
    i feel like i should have bought the joye one now:(

No joye with yours ? :pac:

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Thanks again mate, told you all I was new to this :)

No joye with yours ? :pac:

no i ordered off tw so i guess my plans to fit in have gone up in smoke:o

(that was awful)

(that was awful)

Only good thing is they're not that expensive. You'd easily buy a good starters kit for the price of a few boxes of smokes.

(that was awful)

If you mean totally wicked then that is a Joye product just rebranded.

If you mean totally wicked then that is a Joye product just rebranded.

oh excellent to be honest i only bought that one because i wanted a pink one.
    really excited for it to arrive now!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 31 DMurr

TheDoc wrote: »
    having something to puff on while at the pc sounds like a winner to me.

Im in the same boat.
    Was thinking about ordering the joye ego-t starter kit off thevapourstore
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-starter-kit-tank-version-/prod_275.html

and geting the E-Liquid Testers (5ml) in MarlB (USA Mix) flavour
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/e-liquid-testers-5ml-/prod_197.html

I would smoke MarlB lights when smokeing and smoke about 15-20 a day

thoughts ?
    Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

DMurr wrote: »
    Im in the same boat.
    Was thinking about ordering the joye ego-t starter kit off thevapourstore
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-starter-kit-tank-version-/prod_275.html

and geting the E-Liquid Testers (5ml) in MarlB (USA Mix) flavour
    http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/e-liquid-testers-5ml-/prod_197.html

I would smoke MarlB lights when smokeing and smoke about 15-20 a day

thoughts ?
    Thanks in advance

The eGo-T from the vapourstore is the best way to start ,I was never a fan of tobacco liquids, but a lot of posters in this thread love them.What you have there is a very good way to start, Personally menthol and vanilla are my favorite.Some like the RY4 liquid the best in tobacco flavors, it seems to be one of the best tobacco liquids around.

Advertisement