Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

Blue foam here http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=1390509&Page=2

Aquarium filter foam apparently works, you need the right density one though. I haven't used it so I'm not 100% on which one you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rodrob111

Know I'm prob bein a bit lazy but can we get a rating system for all the e-cigs here. Wouldn't need too many categories, say Hit to back of throat, Taste (in relation to brands) Battery life, cost, where to buy etc...
    I'd be willing to help out if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi,

got the mega Joye go last week with the Marlb cartridges along with a bottle of the Halo 8 Smooth 18mg juice and am a little dissapointed. I'm finding the smoke/vapour acrid and irritating at the back of the throat, for all the cartridges and have a tickly cough the next day. Don't particularly like the Marlboro carts, ala everyine else here anyway, but was expecting a smoother hit with the Halo.

Has anyone else experienced this. Has anyone any suggestions as to what juice might suit me.

Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Hi,

got the mega Joye go last week with the Marlb cartridges along with a bottle of the Halo 8 Smooth 18mg juice and am a little dissapointed. I'm finding the smoke/vapour acrid and irritating at the back of the throat, for all the cartridges and have a tickly cough the next day. Don't particularly like the Marlboro carts, ala everyine else here anyway, but was expecting a smoother hit with the Halo.

Has anyone else experienced this. Has anyone any suggestions as to what juice might suit me.

Thanks

For starters have you tried both atomisers as one might not be up to scratch? Are you getting a good enough throat hit? If yes to both then what the best liquid might be is hard to define. I would try the Joye Tobacco stuff from thevapourstore as to me it's a good generic flavour imo. Failing that I would recommend you look at some of the tobacco flavours on Liberty Flights as they are good quality proper smokey flavours without being overly expensive.

Vaping will cause dryness due to the PG and VG in the liquid as both will absorb water so make sure you drink extra liquid, this will help a bit with the tickly cough.

If you find the juices a bit harsh you could try ones with a higher VG content, like 50/50 PG/VG or even 100% VG. VG gives a less harsh throat hit.

It might also be that you need to lower the nicotine content of the liquids you are using. If you get VG from the chemists, sold as Glycerine BP you can dilute the liquid that you have and at the same time reduce the throat hit. This will however dilute the flavour somewhat.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

I'll order a few more juices so. And try that Joye tobacco as well as a couple of more and lower the nocotine strenght.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Could tank users please give me an advice:)
    I really like my new tank but something is wrong with TH. Sometimes i get it but after a few hits it gets weaker. Then, with no reason i may get 1 or 2 good hits again. Is there anything i can do to make TH constant?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nonamigo wrote: »
    I really like my new tank but something is wrong with TH. Sometimes i get it but after a few hits it gets weaker. Then, with no reason i may get 1 or 2 good hits again. Is there anything i can do to make TH constant?

I find the throat hit on the tank fine and consistent but I'm not an habitual Low Res user so it might take more to satisfy you if you are more used to that. Not being Low Res of course means longer draws are necessary to get satisfaction. I would suggest putting the tank on something other than an eGo battery since the eGo battery is limited to 3.2 volts or something. A real 3.7 device might give you more kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

One of the best threads I have ever read on the internet, informative and unbiased, thanks mainly to mewso for starting it and following through.

Just a couple of questions, if you use the one type of liquid then can you use the same cartridges over and over? Or is it best to change them every so often like the atty?

How often should you change the atomizers?

I have a screwdriver mk11 on the way, so I'm really hoping it hits the mark.

thanks

One of the best threads I have ever read on the internet, informative and unbiased, thanks mainly to mewso for starting it and following through.

Just a couple of questions, if you use the one type of liquid then can you use the same cartridges over and over? Or is it best to change them every so often like the atty?

How often should you change the atomizers?

I have a screwdriver mk11 on the way, so I'm really hoping it hits the mark.

thanks

Yeah I use cartridges over and over often with different liquids but it will affect the flavour by mixing so probably best to stick to similar at least. You should move on though after a while when the material stops performaing in terms of wicking etc. You'll know easily enough but they are the cheapest part of e-smoking so it's no big deal.

I stick with atomisers as long as they perform. Again you will probably know. Sometimes if I'm not sure I'll prime up a new one to compare and often you'll suddenly realise that the previous one was under performing but you hadn't noticed which isn't a major problem either. It just got weaker and your expectancy went down slowly at the same rate :) I think the general view on their lifespan is 4-6 weeks depending on luck.

• Advertisement

As Mewso suggested getting the tank attys on a 3.7 volt device really ups the performance. I got a tank box from Garry Dibley and the tank performs even better than on the standard ego battery.

I find taking a double draw on the tank atty helps too, first take a shortish draw and then a longer one, you'll get lots more vapour, flavour and throat hit.

BTW LR tank attys are on the way, in the next month or two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

mewso wrote: »
    I think the general view on their lifespan is 4-6 weeks depending on luck.

About 2 weeks max for me. 1 week being more typical for low res atomisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

puttputt wrote: »
    Blue foam here http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=1390509&Page=2

Aquarium filter foam apparently works, you need the right density one though. I haven't used it so I'm not 100% on which one you need.

Thank for the link Puttputt,

I tried to order from there just now but for some reason i couldnt get into the checkout... it may be to do with some on going work that they say will be sorted around monday,

I will check them out again later in the week

Cheers :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

where would I be able to buy a 3.7 volt battery to use with the tank given that I only have access to a laser card?

--edit

oh, nvm. just checked my battery is already 3.7volt :)

lost my spare atomisers when i moved apartment, and i've been using this prety much dead LR one for the past week and a bit.. wont be able to get a new atty or tank system until next week so really really looking forward to trying the tank out.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

whats my next step?

I bought a Joye ego xl starter kit about 2 months ago, only started using it three weeks ago and i havent had a cigarette in 12 days. The only fault i can find is that sometimes the batteries give no hit at all, i usually have one in use and the other is on charging by usb, sometimes after charging i get no hit what so ever and other times i get a hit that chokes me.
    is there a more stable system out there that delivers the same hit all the time?
    any help appreciated.

Theblueirish

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

where would I be able to buy a 3.7 volt battery to use with the tank given that I only have access to a laser card?

--edit

oh, nvm. just checked my battery is already 3.7volt :)

lost my spare atomisers when i moved apartment, and i've been using this prety much dead LR one for the past week and a bit.. wont be able to get a new atty or tank system until next week so really really looking forward to trying the tank out.

Is there an Ulster Bank near you? Their Visa Debit card (equivalent of Laser) can be used with Paypal and other sites that accept Visa which is sweet.

Failing that, PM me your address and I'll mail you a couple of atomisers if you're really stuck. :)

whats my next step?

I bought a Joye ego xl starter kit about 2 months ago, only started using it three weeks ago and i havent had a cigarette in 12 days. The only fault i can find is that sometimes the batteries give no hit at all, i usually have one in use and the other is on charging by usb, sometimes after charging i get no hit what so ever and other times i get a hit that chokes me.
    is there a more stable system out there that delivers the same hit all the time?
    any help appreciated.

Theblueirish

It's probably not a battery issue, the eGo batteries give a pretty constant performance once charged.

It could be a wicking issue in that your atty is either too wet which will cause weak vapour and then too dry which will result in an overly harsh taste.

You could try a tank atty and some tank cartridges, I find the best thing about them is the consistency of performance. The tank system is compatible with the batteries that you already have. The vapour store has the tank attys at a very good price.

nesf wrote: »
    Is there an Ulster Bank near you? Their Visa Debit card (equivalent of Laser) can be used with Paypal and other sites that accept Visa which is sweet.

Failing that, PM me your address and I'll mail you a couple of atomisers if you're really stuck. :)

heh, i should be ok. will be able to order the tank stuff tomorrow. just hope I can do it in time that I get it on fridays post, but I can easily just wait until monday. thanks for the offer though

--edit

tank atty and carts ordered as well as some 11mg strawberry liquid from thevapourstore \o/

not sure if the 11mg is gona be strong enough, but I am damn sure the 24mg I have atm is too much

tank system arrived this morning, just unpacked it and trying it out..

so far im not happy.. there's no throat hit at all.. and the flavour isn't much better, it feels like i'm just breathing in and out on a cold day. ill give it the weekend to try it out, and i'll order a low res atty on monday if this doesnt work out

tank system arrived this morning, just unpacked it and trying it out..

so far im not happy.. there's no throat hit at all.. and the flavour isn't much better, it feels like i'm just breathing in and out on a cold day. ill give it the weekend to try it out, and i'll order a low res atty on monday if this doesnt work out
    I had the same problem. I now have to smoke 18mg liquid to get some TH instead of 12mg that i normally vape. Hope it helps

• Advertisement

yeah, i was trying the new 11mg stuff I got from thevapourstore at the time. the flavour came after I used it for a bit, but all day i've been getting a real horrible burnt aftertaste.. which is just par for the course with new atomisers I guess. have some of my older juice in now and it's kinda nice. it's weird compared to dripping, but.. I think I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

I had the same problem. I now have to smoke 18mg liquid to get some TH instead of 12mg that i normally vape. Hope it helps
    Yeah I'm the same...went from 12 to 18mg to get a good throat hit.

It's funny the different experiences people have been having with the tank attys. I get plenty of throat hit and a bigger nicotine hit, so much so that I'm thinking of reducing the nic content of my juices.

I haven't used LR attys though, so maybe that's the difference you have been experiencing. LR attys for the tanks are coming shortly I have heard.

puttputt wrote: »
    It's funny the different experiences people have been having with the tank attys. I get plenty of throat hit and a bigger nicotine hit, so much so that I'm thinking of reducing the nic content of my juices.

I haven't used LR attys though, so maybe that's the difference you have been experiencing. LR attys for the tanks are coming shortly I have heard.
    I'm getting used to tank's Th little by little. But i think i'll wait till LR tanks come out before reordering new ones. I prefer LR but i like so much that you don't need to refill tanks too often

yeah, I think I kinda prefer the Lr atty and dripping overall, but the simplicity of the tank is really winning me over. after a full day vaping with it too, I do prefer the flavour using the tank. not mad about the juice I got from the vapourstore though, dont get much of a taste from it. I'll order the coffee/capuccino one from them in a few weeks before I make any kind of judgement on their e-liquids... very happy with that site overall so I'd rather spend my money there if I have the choice.

am I doing somethijng wrong with the tank?
    sometimes I'll get a *lovely* flavour using it, but sometimes I'll get a horrible burning taste in the back of my throat.. im not sure what the hell is happening, butthe burning taste is just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I have a screwdriver, and I was just wondering whats the best way to top up the cartridges?

One opinion seems to be to just put a few drops on the foam, another seems to think that the best way is to remove the foam put 8 drops in, replace foam and add a couple more....

Anyone with personal experience have any advice please?

sometimes I'll get a *lovely* flavour using it, but sometimes I'll get a horrible burning taste in the back of my throat.. im not sure what the hell is happening, butthe burning taste is just awful.

Something wrong with it by the sounds of it.

I have a screwdriver, and I was just wondering whats the best way to top up the cartridges?

One opinion seems to be to just put a few drops on the foam, another seems to think that the best way is to remove the foam put 8 drops in, replace foam and add a couple more....

Anyone with personal experience have any advice please?

I've tried both and settled on topping off just because it's quicker and easier. I never noticed any significant difference although the 8 drops in first might last longer.

• Advertisement

It sounds like it's not wicking properly.

Make sure the tank is inserted all the way, when you put in a new one it needs two clicks to fully get it home, if there is some of the tank showing between the atty and the mouthpiece it's not all the way in. I vaped on my first for a good while getting a horrible taste before I realised it needed to be pushed in further.

If that's not the problem try rotating the tank around a few times to make sure the seal is not obstructing the hole in the tank.

If you start to get that nasty taste, take a few dry draws without pushing the button to prime the atty and get it wicking properly.

Hope one of these tips helps

Advertisement