Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PyRo's Horse Bets.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

thanks man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Class!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Nice one lads, thought this was going to be a clean sweep of losers but thankfully it wasn't! His jumping, bar the first, was phenomenal. Still buzzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Fan-bloody-tastic. Well done!!

........ conveyor belt of winners :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Isobar

Brilliant stuff! Good work!

Cheers lads.

Pity Fine Parchment was all at sea on the ground. He has no problem with a bit of cut but carrying that weight on very testing ground just found him out. Didn't travel or jump as he can as a result.

Wasn't expecting it to be so testing when I was going through the races last night but despite the fact that it hindered two of my bets, it helped West End Rocker to no end, so no complaints here obviously!

Great day, couldn't be happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

Another nice profit on the day. Well done Pyro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

Haha,Only the one winner in the lucky 15 still covered the stake and nearly doubled up,Nice one Pyro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

Top stuff, good to see the work is still paying off.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, appreciate it. :-)

West End Rocker ensured another good Saturday was on the cards when he sluiced in over the National fences at Aintree. In the end, he scored by no fewer than 22-lengths having jumped superbly throughout after a first-fence mistake. The way in which he travelled in the testing conditions was brilliant and if similar ground somehow came about in April, he'd be as interesting as they come for the big one. The handicapper will probably batter him now but I'm happy to have caught him on a going day and he proved that his previous effort at Cheltenham was all wrong as had been hoped. 2pt win bet at 14/1 landed and it couldn't have been done in better style.

Both Wyse Hill Teabags and Fine Parchment were disappointing in their respective races, but the very testing ground did for their chances and they're worth forgiving. The latter was never at the races which is completely out of character, whilst the former didn't jump or travel with his usual fluency due to conditions going against him. I didn't expect it to be as testing as it was when going through the cards the night before but that's how she goes and I'm sure that the two will be of interest again, especially Charlie Mann's charge.

The Betchworth Kid was my other selection on the day but he ran straight into the majority of the hurdles that he had to leap over and could only manage to come home in 8th place, which was quite a decent effort considering. He's an awful horse to get right but when he's good, he's very good and I'm sure that he'll have his day in the sun before too long. Everything needs to fall right for him but persistence will eventually pay off and I hope to be on board when it does.

+22.00pts on a brilliant day.

Just the one today. Will have the statistics posted in the evening. It's making for pleasant reading!

2:00 Kelso - Take The Breeze - 3pts @ 6/1 (Ladbrokes)

When the testing conditions come out to play, Take The Breeze becomes an exceptionally interesting betting proposition and today this talented animal gets his ideal conditions for the first time in a long time. Paul Nicholls' 8-year-old grey really can't have the ground soft enough and although he could probably do with it being even softer than it is at the moment, he will be right at home under today's conditions. The sharp nature of the track will also suit this often prominent racer and there looks to be no obvious reason as to why he can't get involved in what is a decent race, but not one of the quality that he's usually involved in.

Take The Breeze comes here on the back of an eye-catching seasonal reappearance run over hurdles nearly 6 weeks ago. Under today's jockey, the very capable Harry Derham, this smooth-travelling performer tackled some useful hurdlers over 3 miles at Aintree on good ground off a 12lb higher mark than he had ever won off over the smaller obstacles. That was the first time that he lined out over hurdles for well over 2 years and he was also going nearly a mile further than he had ever went in that code. In the race, he travelled wonderfully, certainly as well as anything, and came with what looked to be a strong challenge before his effort petered out.

That run was so pleasing, as despite not jumping his hurdles too well, Take The Breeze was still bang there until he began to tire about 2 out, shaping as if he'd come on for the run. Nicholls now decides to send him back over fences, the code where he's at his best, and I feel he should run a big race here off a very workable mark of 140 after his capable jockeys claim is taken into account. It's also very interesting that his trainer is making a near 750 mile round trip in order to just run this fellow and he hasn't made the long trip to Kelso since the beginning of 2005 (3-8 at track). The reason for him coming all the way here is beyond me but he certainly has an interesting runner and I feel that 6/1 is on the generous side. This horse is very talented on his day, certainly better than most of the opposition, and he should go close here now that he's getting something like his ideal conditions for the first time in nearly 2 years. Medium win stakes for me and hopefully he'll go well, although he's not without his risks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Great work Pyro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

No joy today, thought Take The Breeze shaped like he was gonna be right in contention but seemed to fade out.

Can't win 'em all though!

No luck today with Take The Breeze throwing away any chance he had with costly jumping errors at the second and third last fences. He was still going nicely before the first of those errors but whether he would have got close to the eventual winner is certainly up for debate and I don't think that he would have. His best effort over fences came when going the other way around and maybe he'll prove to be a better animal when running at a right-handed track, especially if the ground is even more testing. I'm sure that he's one to keep an eye on for a while yet and all things considered, this wasn't a bad run despite that fact that it wasn't a favouable outcome. Into the notebook he goes.

-3.00pts on the day.

Statistics Update -

Overall Bank - 509.57pts (+409.57pts)

AW/NH 2011/12 Overall Stats -

Profit - +60.00pts

Bets - 69
    Wins - 11
    Placed - 18
    Win SR - 16%
    Staked - 139.00pts
    Returned - 199.00pts
    ROI/Yield - +43.16%

All-Weather Stats -

Profit - +16.00pts

Bets - 26
    Wins - 4
    Placed - 6
    Win SR - 15.3%
    Staked - 53.00pts
    Returned - 69.00pts
    ROI/Yield - +30.18%

National Hunt Stats -

Profit - +44.00pts

Bets - 43
    Wins - 7
    Placed - 12
    Win SR - 16.27%
    Staked - 86.00pts
    Returned - 130.00pts
    ROI/Yield - +51.16%

November AW Stats -

Profit - +12.00pts

Bets - 25
    Wins - 4
    Placed - 5
    Win SR - 16%
    Staked - 51.00pts
    Returned - 63.00pts
    ROI/Yield - +23.52%

November NH Stats -

Profit - +27.00pts

Bets - 18
    Wins - 3
    Placed - 4
    Win SR - 16.66%
    Staked - 60.00pts
    Returned - 87.00pts
    ROI/Yield - +45%

*Placed bets don't include the winners.

Happy, happy hippo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Had Dinuer in with Tiger woods in 25/1 double, Thanking you very much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭FOXFISH1

"Overall Bank - 509.57pts (+409.57pts)"

Unreal form PyRo! Well done!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 samishome2010

Well Done Pyro, keep it up :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Well Done Pyro, keep it up :-)

PyRo, no need to make new accounts to big yourself up.

I jest.
    :pac:

Cheers lads, hopefully it'll keep going well.

What I'm about to do might be a bit mad, as I'm having a maximum bet in a Class 6 sprint handicap at Southwell but I'm convinced that the horse is being lined up for a bit of a punt and today looks like it could be the day with Silvestre De Sousa booked to ride. I certainly hope that's the case anyway! We'll know straight after the off if it's going to be his day, as he'll be ridden prominently if it is and he'll be held up if it isn't. Taking a chance though, as 7/1 is much too big if it's all systems go.

12:00 Southwell - Takajan - 5pts @ 7/1 (Bet365)

Back with reasoning later tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

De Sousa not gone on his busmans holidays to India?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

hes 4.3 on betfair now, gone into favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Wheelbarrow loads coming for this one!

9/1 into 4/1 on 365

I got some 9/2 and 4's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mark and lard

Wouldn't get to excited about this one , The last 11 horses Brisbourne have ran , have run appallingly. Still Takajan dont know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

At least it is short enough now for Mr Taylor to give it a miss. :D

Wouldn't get to excited about this one , The last 11 horses Brisbourne have ran , have run appallingly. Still Takajan dont know that.

I don't think trainer form would be a real issue to be honest. The majority of his runners have been very big prices and Takajan has shaped as if he's bang in form - he's just not being let run his race (needs to be prominent, especially at Southwell).

He is being lined up for a punt though, the only problem is now I'm massively worried that it won't be the day because I've pretty much ruined the price by posting it early when a few bets will kill the price (stupid, stupid, stupid decision by myself). If tomorrow was the intended day and still is, connections will want my head taken clean off! Wouldn't be surprised if he's declared a non-runner or is held up in rear again.

I should have waited until all were in bed again. :pac:

For anyone looking in and seeing a max bet, that doesn't mean I think it's a sure thing or anything of the sort. I thought 7's were huge for a horse that I'm convinced is going to win soon, so it was a big value play in hope (that it's the day) rather than expectation. The price being ruined changes it all though and I suppose apologising in advance might be the smarted thing to do!

The moral of the story is that I'm an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I was just about to post that if it was my horse, I'd def pull him and let whoever got on early and took the price get a good sting!

Hopefully thats not the case and if they don't go for a win, it will be NR.

Would do the same myself but hopefully they'll just plow on at 7/2! Didn't expect the price to disappear so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Do you think you've got many non member followers Pyro?

Would imagine there's significantly more non-members than members following. I post elsewhere too, so it was quite stupid to put it up so early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Everyone must of got excited by the 5 point bet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement