Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Joe Public

ytareh wrote: »
    Hi ,Weather noob here taken in by all this drama...can anyone explain why there appears to be a faint but discernible compass circle drawn as if Shannon were at its centre and going through Mayo and the south coast on these maps...?Anyone else at least see this?

http://met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

Coffee mug stain? Centre near Foynes where Irish coffee was first served

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

At around 6pm it was starting to turn into heavy sleet mixed with snow... was getting optimistic. However in the last half an hour it's back to rain, rain and more rain. Ah well!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Pangea wrote: »
    In all fairness , dont be shocked ,you are always going to get a reaction posting that name on an irish forum.
    :rolleyes:

Well I said that because one minute I'll be attacked for saying Derry the next London thingy you get the jist I'll just stick to Derry that's what I normally call it it was really just the name of the station and do not attack me please!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

owenc wrote: »
    omg do not start this Derry!!!! That is the name of the friggen station flip sake people decide the name of this city before I have a heartatake!!! Good god!!!

It's Derry and that's it. I don't think too many Irish people would have any trouble deciding on whether to stick a London in front of it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Everybody stop bullying OwenC

He can call it LondonDerry if he so chooses.

I don't want any politics brought into this.

Thanks lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Well I said that because one minute I'll be attacked for saying Derry the next London thingy you get the jist I'll just stick to Derry that's what I normally call it it was really just the name of the station and do not attack me please!!!!
    If your an irish person you will never call it london derry ,since this is an irish forum i doubt people will attack you for calling it Derry.

Anyways moving on its wet and less windy now in Donegal.
    No sign of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

you have to laugh at this radar, all day ive had blue and yellow over me and barely no percip of either rain or snow. Now ive nothing over me on the radar its snowing heavy for the past 15mins and started to cover!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Everybody stop bullying OwenC

He can call it LondonDerry if he so chooses.

I don't want any politics brought into this.

Thanks lads.

Who's bullying? It's informing somebody about using a term that some people are sensitive to on an Irish based forum regardless of what sub section of the forum it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Still bucketing snow in Stepaside - earlier footprints starting to get covered up and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

SuprSi wrote: »
    Still bucketing snow in Stepaside - earlier footprints starting to get covered up and everything.

i cant believe it!!! :(:( i hope it will snow and stick tonight on the northside!!! southsiders get everything......:mad:!!! lol

• Advertisement

SuprSi wrote: »

You lucky so and so.

How much fresh snow has fallen do ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Had some sleet around 5:30 but its just heavy rain now. Still windy.

irishdub14 wrote: »
    i cant believe it!!! :(:( i hope it will snow and stick tonight on the northside!!! southsiders get everything......:mad:!!! lol

Yea doubt it will, although i think we will see some snowfall later tonight but will be too wet to settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

Sleet/snow mix here in D11...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Just back from Arklow was raining.. Wicklow town its snowing but not sticking :rolleyes:

Chill out people, I know we laugh and joke at owenc. I dont see any of you complaining about looking at the UKMO charts/Radar etc, BBC weather forecasts?

Having a laugh with owenc is one thing, but no need to attack him on what he says.

Yes its an Irish forum, But dont forget part of Ireland belongs to the UK and thats how it is and as far as i am concerned anybody from any part of this Island is welcome here to discuss weather issues/reports.

So there is no need to divide this forum with some of the comments that has just been made.

Owenc mate, keep posting your posts, you bring a smile to my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭SuprSi

At least 2 - 3 inches. It's crazy - blizzard like conditions with the high wind. Not as pleasant as last week, but definitely heavier and if this keeps up there'll be drifts and quite large accumulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Still lightly snowing here, intermittently turning to sleet. Very slushy out. Went into Moate town a while ago, its settling more there, again, very slushy stuff though....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The radar image seems to have a blind spot around Waterford , is it dry there right now?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Fully with you there Owen, who cares what it's called Derry/Londonderry. It's like I'm from Limerick, and everyone outside it calls it Stab City. Sticks and stones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

snaps wrote: »
    Chill out people, I know we laugh and joke at owenc. I dont see any of you complaining about looking at the UKMO charts/Radar etc, BBC weather forecasts?

Having a laugh with owenc is one thing, but no need to attack him on what he says.

Yes its an Irish forum, But dont forget part of Ireland belongs to the UK and thats how it is and as far as i am concerned anybody from any part of this Island is welcome here to discuss weather issues/reports.

So there is no need to divide this forum with some of the comments that has just been made.

6Ft sorry 6 inche smiles to mine:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My damn satelite signal is going again, not impressed.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Fully with you there Owen, who cares what it's called Derry/Londonderry. It's like I'm from Limerick, and everyone outside it calls it Stab City. Sticks and stones.

Didwe not beat ye as stab capital a year or too ago ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

Hey DOC how are them temps and dp looking as its a bit more sleety than snow at the moment. thanks

I actually miss him during the day when he is not here! Still snowing hard here in S Mayo, snow covering my car now. Temp 0.7c, wind howling again after it died this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

snaps wrote: »

And to add to those wise words, if anyone has a problem with others calling that city 'LondonDerry', rather than say anything about it here, just refer to London in England as 'DerryLondon'... then it's quits. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

sorry im confused on what way this system will work when it arrives as will temps rise a degree before it comes and start as rain then turn to snow and drop temps and lie im confused?

The front hqw really stalled looking at this

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Mad to think a whole radar system is down in Shannon for god knows how long, shocking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Supercell wrote: »
    My damn satelite signal is going again, not impressed.

How dare you complain when theres snow around.

:p lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Supercell wrote: »
    The radar image seems to have a blind spot around Waterford , is it dry there right now?

no way. still bucketing down and no sign of a let up

Advertisement