Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Su Campu wrote: »
    Polar Low

Yea see what you mean John.

Id like to post a few pics, could someone either tell me or point me in direction of where to learn?
    Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Anyone got an image for the sky weather predictions for this weekend?

They just showed precipitation everywhere apart from Ulster and half of Kerry for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Complete Whiteout here, Snowing very heavy , like a blizzard, main roads covered in snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Villain wrote: »
    New record low temp for my station -8.7c and falling

:eek: Unreal temps tonight :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Pangea wrote: »
    Complete Whiteout here, Snowing very heavy , like a blizzard, main roads covered in snow!

where is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

And where are you? Why you post this and dont say where you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I used to live in here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

i actually prefer when they are negative the night before about an event. the more positive the bigger the let down and i still hope it may push further inland than anticipated.

yeah that certanly seems to be the case doesn't it. we get the best snowfall when it's not really anticipitated. su campu has been right in most of his predictions. so i'm definitely not getting my hopes up - and as WolfIRE said the 850hpa temps seem to be too marginal.

so all in all another near miss. c'est la vie !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭typhooner

WC mentioned earlier about cloud coming down from the north, that will put a halt to the severe temps

• Advertisement

where is here.
    snaps wrote: »
    And where are you? Why you post this and dont say where you are?

Snowing Heavy now in South Donegal!
    well i just posted it 10 mins ago, Im not in the habit of repeating myself lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

http://news.sky.com/skynews

Click on the weather video and the sunday forecast is right at the end.

10mins ago is about 4 pages back! Update your avatar if your posting here

in a fast moving thread, don't expect people to read through 14 pages of posts to find the location of one user. you can always add a location to your profile then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

location??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Yep here you go.

101282.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Why are you so set against putting your location in your profile?

It can't be that bad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

fecker!! err..i mean congratulations:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Yep here you go.

101282.jpg

Some rough photoshop job there! Looks like an Aphex Twin weather forecast...:pac: :p

Ah yas r all picking on me now because im the only one getting snow :P :P :)
    What i do with my profile is none of your business, the friends i have on here on boards.ie weather know where i live , i couldnt care less about you newbies who blew in tonight with the snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

I promise I won't ask you to repeat yourself then ... so i will instead :p ..... Do you know if that lovely snow you're getting is coming in my direction more north in Donegal or are the lucky ones south of you?

mickger wrote: »
    :eek: Unreal temps tonight :eek:

Yes its all kicking off. there are some -9c's allready on irelandsweather.com.I for one have a -7.9c allready tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-9.3c a little chilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Some rough photoshop job there! Looks like an Aphex Twin weather forecast...:pac: :p
    thats not PS. I just freeze framed a shot fo the weather with Lisa Burke. That's what i got when i pasted into paint. Then I saw a ring and my phone rang. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

I think we crashed the liveatc Dublin feed.

Are you pouring ice cubes on your thermometer villain, just looking at the temp on your signature. :D

Just posted up some pictures of my drive round rural parts in the Arklow area today.

I should have resized them,they are a tad bandwidth heavy-but here ya go anyway.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055790238

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Wow Villian your temp is dropping rapidly. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Are you pouring ice cubes on your thermometer villain, just looking at the temp on your signature. :D
    Its crazy Billy, falling like a stone, its has a FARS so sucks the temp for rapid update, over the snow fields these things can happen -9.6c and still falling!!!

• Advertisement

where?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement