Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Part 2 (Eagle says Polar Low) Wednesday/Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Anyone know where I'd get an accurate current temperature for Dublin, around the airport say? I don't really want to go out to the car! It's times like this I wouldn't mind a basic weather station

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Rodar08 wrote: »
    I promise I won't ask you to repeat yourself then ... so i will instead :p ..... Do you know if that lovely snow you're getting is coming in my direction more north in Donegal or are the lucky ones south of you?
    Hi there , who knows ,although I doubt the showers im getting are gona go north :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

flanzer wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'd get an accurate current temperature for Dublin, around the airport say? I don't really want to go out to the car! It's times like this I wouldn't mind a basic weather station

Its -5 at Dublin Airport at the moment, have a look at this.:)

EDIT: Nearly -10 at Carlow now!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    I think we crashed the liveatc Dublin feed.

Yeah can't get it mself! Fup it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

Are those snow showers in south donegal moving towards sligo? Any reports in Sligo town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Are those extreme temps pushing down the country? I have a temp here of -2.0 and a -9 has been reported in Carlow :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

lahinch is -39 degrees apparently

mickger wrote: »
    Are those extreme temps pushing down the country? I have a temp here of -2.0 and a -9 has been reported in Carlow :eek:

As the Eagle said....

"De ting is frozen solid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Just refreshed the Dublin ATC main page, Dublin feed is down. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The met eireann weather station at Dublin Airport is showing -5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Vanhalla wrote: »

Coleraine is -41c!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

typhooner wrote: »
    WC mentioned earlier about cloud coming down from the north, that will put a halt to the severe temps

If it is high cloud, then maybe not. -6.1c here now with stark clear skies

• Registered Users Posts: 44 caeser

jaysus lads tis fairly cold out there. look at the temps in baltinglass:eek:

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Doyler1981

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

The BBC seem to go more inline with what MT said for Sunday, It will be the very south east and south. Doesn't seem to get very far inland. Plus the chart shown by Sky has the Temp at +5c for Sunday hardly correct for snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

mickger wrote: »

The temperatures will get really low over the snowfields tonight, -15°C could be acheived in some low lying locations I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Vanhalla wrote: »

And a dew point of -68

its below zero so they'll definately get snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Met Eireann has a severe weather warning in place and said temperatures could drop as low as -10C by the weekend.

"If anything, it will get a bit colder over the next few days," Ms Blackburn said. "Night-time temperatures will probably be lower. Heavy showers of snow in Donegal, Mayo and Roscommon. . . will continue."

Weather instruments show that 1cm of snow fell in Baldonnell, Co Dublin, while 10cm was recorded in Knock, Co Mayo.

The weekend will remain as cold with the possibility of "significant" showers of hail, sleet and snow by Saturday, according to Ms Blackburn.

Where the fog fails to clear, temperatures will remain below freezing throughout the day.

i wonder will we see a -12 somewhere by the weekend??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Looks like more showers coming into donegal

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

Doyler1981 wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

The BBC seem to go more inline with what MT said for Sunday, It will be the very south east and south. Doesn't seem to get very far inland. Plus the chart shown by Sky has the Temp at +5c for Sunday hardly correct for snow!

A few hours ago that same forecast showed widespread snow Sunday. Expect lots of chopping and changing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

UKMO meso also moves the slow slightly further east.

Also throws some light precip during the early AM.

But i would say look at the 18z plots of the cloud formations to the far north to be signifigantly different to the present formations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Apparently, its gonna be dry over the eastern half of the country tomorrow, and the west will be getting a battering!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yes, reckon we'll make minus double figures without a doubt! i've -11.3c to beat and things are looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Su Campu wrote: »
    The temperatures will get really low over the snowfields tonight, -15°C could be acheived in some low lying locations I reckon

And here's an excellent explaination of how and why the temps get so low over snowfields that you gave a couple of days ago for anyone else that might be interested....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63744090&postcount=208

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Pangea wrote: »
    Hi there , who knows ,although I doubt the showers im getting are gona go north :o

Heyo :) Oh :( Oh well then. Boo. I think it's gonna come eventually tho, I can feel it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Some activity in Irish Sea on met eireann's radar, but its going to south to hit land......!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

-10.2c and Baltinglass has recorded -10.7c crazy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

-10.2 in Carlow now . . .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Just looking at the NRA stats for the Newbridge bypass

Air Temp -9.7° C. Road Temp-6.6° C. Road condition Icy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Thank God I kept the receipt! i want my money back if things don't work out!!!

101286.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement