Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Here's a good Nexus One forum i found last week,very helpful for getting up and running with the phone:http://www.nexusoneforum.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

lord lucan wrote: »
    Here's a good Nexus One forum i found last week,very helpful for getting up and running with the phone:http://www.nexusoneforum.net/

Thanks.

What's the best way to get all the data off my old Nokia N97 to the N1?

Calendar, Contacts etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd say your best bet would be to sync the old phone with Outlook then do a CSV export of the Contacts to gmail and use Google Calendar Sync (http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=89955) for the calendar. There might be better ways but thats all I can think of.

PH4T wrote: »
    Thanks.

What's the best way to get all the data off my old Nokia N97 to the N1?

Calendar, Contacts etc...

I done the slightly time consuming way of Bluetoothing pics/music/video/notes/calender entries to my Nexus. Contacts were already on my sim so i just had to import them to the phone. Gmail synched everything else once i'd logged on to my Google a/c.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

JohnK wrote: »
    I'd say your best bet would be to sync the old phone with Outlook then do a CSV export of the Contacts to gmail and use Google Calendar Sync (http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=89955) for the calendar. There might be better ways but thats all I can think of.

Thats how I did mine, google mail did a grand job merging contacts too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Has anyone converted from the 3gs to the nexus one? I'm contemplating making the move.

I done the slightly time consuming way of Bluetoothing pics/music/video/notes/calender entries to my Nexus. Contacts were already on my sim so i just had to import them to the phone. Gmail synched everything else once i'd logged on to my Google a/c.

OK everything done now bar the calendar.

Don't want to do a calendar sync with Outlook as I don't want to mix up my work calendar (outlook) with personal.

How do you Bluetooth the calendar from a Nokia 97 to the N1?

PH4T wrote: »
    OK everything done now bar the calendar.

Don't want to do a calendar sync with Outlook as I don't want to mix up my work calendar (outlook) with personal.

How do you Bluetooth the calendar from a Nokia 97 to the N1?

Now that i think of it i didn't bluetooth calender entries,i think i added them to my Gmail and they were automatically synched to the phone. I tried bluetoothing notes etc. but they disappeared into the abyss on the Nexus.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Thinking of getting this phone also. Have a brother in London who could order it for me and I could get it picked up at the England - Ireland match. I also have a mate permanently in California. I reckon buying from UK would be safer? Would it be much more expensive?

Anyone know of a phone cover as my IPhone screen got cracked not long after I had it. Also would ideally like a charger with holder to use like an in-car GPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

when will we mere mortals in Ireland be able to buy one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

lalee17 wrote: »
    Has anyone converted from the 3gs to the nexus one? I'm contemplating making the move.

I had a 3gs and sold it to buy nexus. I find it a lot better than the iphone. I suppose the music player on iphone is better. But I find the nexus one quicker, 3g and wifi is a lot quicker for me than it was on the iphone. No jailbreaking or been forced to sign up to assholes like o2.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Has anyone here had issues with connecting to wi-fi automatically?
    My other gadgets seem fine but sometimes I have to switxh off/on the Wi-Fi to get it to connect back to my network when I come home or if I dont use it for a while it sometimes does not revert to wi-fi even though the wi-fi is on....

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

My Nexus One just shipped from Google to myUSAbox now, ordered the Dock as well so total order came to $630 and should be $44 to forward to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    when will we mere mortals in Ireland be able to buy one?

I'll second that. The waiting wouldn't be too bad if they at least gave us some wee bit of information regarding general roll out dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Just wondering Are the O2 Iphone tariffs any good for the Nexus one? If so you could sign up for a new IPhone, get it cheap and then sell it on brand new on adverts.ie and then use the tariffs for the Nexus one.

Maybe its cheaper just to move network. I could keep my old number as I still have an IPhone Gold upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

My friend got one and it looks great! I would get one but I won a HTC tattoo! Android is the best mobile OS out there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Has anyone here had issues with connecting to wi-fi automatically?
    My other gadgets seem fine but sometimes I have to switxh off/on the Wi-Fi to get it to connect back to my network when I come home or if I dont use it for a while it sometimes does not revert to wi-fi even though the wi-fi is on....
    Yeah, I've had a few similar issues. Hoping they'll be addressed in future updates.

center15 wrote: »
    My Nexus One just shipped from Google to myUSAbox now, ordered the Dock as well so total order came to $630 and should be $44 to forward to Ireland.

interesting that myusabox thingie (what are their fees for it)

also once you receive the phone in Ireland, what network to use here?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

Baza210 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've had a few similar issues. Hoping they'll be addressed in future updates.

I had some issues with wifi too but IMHO this is more to do with the specific routers other than the device. my winmo phone did exactly the same. and my G1. much better since i moved channel to 13-14.

tempted to get one on ebay.ie

anyone has any experience buying nexus one's there? they are claimed to be unlocked so i presume i can pop my simcard into it and buy a data plan (im with 3)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=195917

Just incase you guys hadnt seen it

anyone has any experience buying nexus one's there? they are claimed to be unlocked so i presume i can pop my simcard into it and buy a data plan (im with 3)

All Nexus Ones are unlocked.

http://www.expansys.ie/d.aspx?i=195917

Just incase you guys hadnt seen it
    €700?!
    That is gouging plain and simple. Mine cost me €400 thanks to my dad being in the USA recently. In fact you could probably fly over and buy one for less than seven hundred.

All Nexus Ones are unlocked.

thanks! thats main worry so out of way, wouldnt want to buy an expensive brick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭nmesisca

€700?!
    That is gouging plain and simple. Mine cost me €400 thanks to my dad being in the USA recently. In fact you could probably fly over and buy one for less than seven hundred.

price in italy from Vodafone seems its going to be in the 649-699 euros.
    i swear my magic was the last one I bought from a carrier.
    from the nexus on, no more carriers involved for me.

I bought mine on eBay,prompt delivery and €485 which wasn't too bad(some eBay prices are mad,especially UK sellers). As others have said,it's not locked to any network so you're free to pop any network SIM into it.

€700?!

That's just madness. Even some of the dearest eBay prices are 'only' €600!!:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Just wait a month or two and the prices (everywhere) will be a lot more realistic. I will probably get a Nexus one then IF someone gets the FM radio working. Until then I'll stick with my Hero.
    That's just madness. Even some of the dearest eBay prices are 'only' €600!!:eek::eek::eek:

Now that i think of it i didn't bluetooth calender entries,i think i added them to my Gmail and they were automatically synched to the phone. I tried bluetoothing notes etc. but they disappeared into the abyss on the Nexus.:)

OK calendar moved over from my Nokia N97.

It did take me about 3 hours as I made a comlete mess of it the first time. I first used Google Calendar Sync. It didn't seem to be working so I exported the Calendar from Outlook to Gmail. Then the Google Calendar Sync worked. And I ended up with double entries of everything :mad:

BTW I transfered over a few 3GP videos from my N97. There doesn't seem to be any built in video player in the N1 or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

lol 700eu! a bit out of touch... Good phone thought, but i will use mine iphone untill it will be outdated as crap, then ill jump on the andriod wagon!

Advertisement