Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell & Snowfall Discussion Tuesday/Wednesday (5/6 January 2010)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Looks like a big Anvil heading towards the City.

Looks snowy up there

Gonna slip south of here though.
    I've been watching that one, it might just skirt the Wicklow coast around Wicklow Head but the city wont be seeing any of that one.:mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I've been watching that one, it might just skirt the Wicklow coast around Wicklow Head but the city wont be seeing any of that one.:mad:

Certainly going to slip by here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Woohoo - 12 more hours!!:D

Another huge amount of blackness coming here from the North, get your ski's out Cosmo. :)

Me thinks this is a sign that Mayo will win the All-Ireland this year. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

Got a light dusting here overnight, just enough to turn the roads white but hardly noticable on the grass.
    However it's started snowing again about 20mins ago, flakes are very small but it is coming down at a nice rate and most of it seems to be sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Su Campu wrote: »
    (WATERFORD)EIWF LOCAL AREA FORECAST VALID 051000/051900 WIND 34012KT TEMPO 1619 34015G25KT VISIBILITY 9999 WEATHER NSW CLOUD FEW018 SCT030 CLOUD HEIGHTS GIVEN ABOVE MSL= NO SNOW FORECAST

A familiar story! :pac:

Looks like this bit of the southeast won't be seeing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

extremely heavy snowfall here!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

so the snow has slapped me hard in the face for my turning my back on it and being so negative. if this is what happens when i throw a rant i think i'll do it more often:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Pangea wrote: »
    What radar do you use?

met uks?
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/

raintoday.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

OK, here's the UK MEt Office's version of the low level chart I post here. The abbreviations are the same. Valid at 18Z tonight

100955.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The snowgods must have heard that rant earlier! :pac:;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looking at this :

http://www.meteox.co.uk/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=exp

The expected run for the next 3 hours.

The North West is in for a hole lotta fun , but it looks kinda poor for the East coast.

EDIT : looking at it again , could that front over Scotland track down to the North East and East ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

so the snow has slapped me hard in the face for my turning my back on it and being so negative. if this is what happens when i throw a rant i think i'll do it more often:pac:
    Lol what about the other 99 times u had a rant with no snow :P

Welcome to the snow club!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Lucky for some! Sorry Nacho, where are you? Just wondering if it is on track to hit galway or disappear again?

h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=expLooking at this :

The North West is in for a hole lotta fun , but it looks kinda poor so the East coast.
    Nice ,that clouds goes right over my area. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Pete M.

It has stopped again in Sligo Town and the sun is starting to peep down at us grrr.

Water starting to drip from the roof. Radar don't look to good for further showers in the next couple of hours, but OH just sent me a photo of a snowman they built at home near Mullaghmore (first one since we moved in). Fine big chap, standing 3 ft tall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

This massive band is gonna skip Galway to the west. I knew it.

Pete M. wrote: »
    It has stopped again in Sligo Town and the sun is starting to peep down at us grrr.

Water starting to drip from the roof. Radar don't look to good for further showers in the next couple of hours, but OH just sent me a photo of a snowman they built at home near Mullaghmore (first one since we moved in). Fine big chap, standing 3 ft tall!
    Snow in Mullaghmore ,that doesnt happen often! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

No sign of snow here yet, nice and sunny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=expLooking at this :

The North West is in for a hole lotta fun , but it looks kinda poor so the East coast.

I REALLY wish this became true!
    It's actuall getting very cloudy from the North now.
    Hope never dies!! :D

Heavy snow here at the mo.

I'll be skiing down the Reek later. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishmarinelife

That massive lump of cloud which sped down from Donegal is now touching in Southwest Mayo. A finger of it just moved to my West over the sea dumping something heavy, it was impressive to watch as it moved FAST and just offshore.

The rest of it seems to be starting as rain now, I guess at 200 metres from the coast, its just too mild.

http://irishmarinelife.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Shhhhhnooooow in Tuam at the moment. :D:D:D

Pangea wrote: »
    Lol what about the other 99 times u had a rant with no snow :P

Welcome to the snow club!

thanks. they weren't as heartfelt:D as maquiladora said they must have listened this time:)

really big flakes of snow now and sticking like mad. this is brilliant!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Hope never dies!! :D

Bob did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Just to let you know I've set up a new Aviation Forecast thread where I'll post the TAFs, charts etc from now on, as they can get lost in these threads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63801217#post63801217

Shhhhhnooooow in Tuam at the moment. :D:D:D

congratulations paddy1:D

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Looking at this :

The North West is in for a hole lotta fun , but it looks kinda poor for the East coast.

EDIT : looking at it again , could that front over Scotland track down to the North East and East ?

If thats the case, it could possibly hit Cork, if it doesnt die out :)

UK 'Red' 'take action' warning for southern England by UK MET Office, they must be expecting it very bad there. :eek:

What 'action' do they take??? :confused: Build an igloo:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

thanks. they weren't as heartfelt:D as maquiladora said they must have listened this time:)

really big flakes of snow now and sticking like mad. this is brilliant!! :cool:

Phew.. it will be much more relaxed in here now. I like everyone else was a little on edge in case you didn't get your snow. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Bob did!

Wolf, the snow is getting heavier here at the moment,. The shower rolled down from Mayo like a black cloak falling from the sky. I hope it makes its way down to you in tact! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Morning all - That was a late one last night... All my lovely lashing rain is now a 2" thick ice all the way into Bray. Road not usable - even the buses have been pulled off it ...

Think ill do a big clean up - before the snow comes :D

Winds now from the North - were nw since last night

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement