Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

OMG!!! I am sooo beyond exhausted. My dd has figured out in less than the week that the safety gate has been on her bedroom door, how to open it! She's staying in bed when i put her up at night but now she's getting up at evil o'clock in the morning and going down the stairs. I got a grand total of an hours sleep last night between the bean kicking the bejaysus out of my internal organs and herself going walkies instead of going back to sleep like she used to. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thumby wrote: »
    OMG!!! I am sooo beyond exhausted. My dd has figured out in less than the week that the safety gate has been on her bedroom door, how to open it! She's staying in bed when i put her up at night but now she's getting up at evil o'clock in the morning and going down the stairs. I got a grand total of an hours sleep last night between the bean kicking the bejaysus out of my internal organs and herself going walkies instead of going back to sleep like she used to. :-(

Crikey - 1 hr sleep is not funny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

being left heartbroken when your 27 weeks pregnant is not something id wish on my worst enemy.. :(:( atleast iv baba to keep my mind off things kicking like crazy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

missymad wrote: »
    being left heartbroken when your 27 weeks pregnant is not something id wish on my worst enemy.. :(:( atleast iv baba to keep my mind off things kicking like crazy..

Sorry to hear that, hugs to you xx

had my scan yesterday was so looking forward to it.. everything was perfect with baby which is great but my god was it disappointing, the doctor didnt have a blind bit of interest in showing me anything wasnt giving me a pic and when i was asking him questions he was giving me general answers that had nothing to do with my baby... wanted to no how baba was progressing with weight as my last baby had been very small at this stage and had to av steriod injections and was kept in on 3 diff occasions nearer to the end of my preg, so im furious that i was so brushed off by him. he wouldnt do any measuring and didnt listen to the heartbeat.anyway thats my rant over for now, hope everyones doing well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

missymad wrote: »
    had my scan yesterday was so looking forward to it.. everything was perfect with baby which is great but my god was it disappointing, the doctor didnt have a blind bit of interest in showing me anything wasnt giving me a pic and when i was asking him questions he was giving me general answers that had nothing to do with my baby... wanted to no how baba was progressing with weight as my last baby had been very small at this stage and had to av steriod injections and was kept in on 3 diff occasions nearer to the end of my preg, so im furious that i was so brushed off by him. he wouldnt do any measuring and didnt listen to the heartbeat.anyway thats my rant over for now, hope everyones doing well :)

I really am beginning to think us women are gone soft, what ever happened to ateing the head off people who dont give you the info you want and look fter us as indivudals? This happened my last scan too, and wont be happening again as i will take the head off him and ask him do he think im a moron and to do his job properly!:mad:

Mel1 ur dead right. think im more angry at myself for not standing up to him, its so frustrating.. if id had no prob my first preg i wouldnt b as angry.. he looked so scruffy aswell he's shirt half out.. as u said next time ill say it,av to go bk in 4 weeks for another scan

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have just found out I am expecting, I'm not in a stable relationship, the father is not an irish citizen, i am completely broke, and scared poopless, but i can't wait to meet the little thing. i love babies, i'm just soo exhausted. i'm almost 8 weeks... i've had to come off antidepressents, so that mixed with hormones is making me one crazy woman atm. i want to punch someone or something to take out frustration, i want to go swimming and just swim forever, i just do not know what to do.. but i feel fiercly protective of the little thing already..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

I can't sleep!!! Wahhh!! Exhausted all day...awake all night. Good practice?

Also I'm too heavy to sleep on my left or right side for too long, kills my hips.

And last but not least...best part of my day? Finding underwear big and high enough to fit comfortably over bump. Never thought granny panties would be so appealing...wahhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Rachineire wrote: »
    I can't sleep!!! Wahhh!! Exhausted all day...awake all night. Good practice?

Also I'm too heavy to sleep on my left or right side for too long, kills my hips.

And last but not least...best part of my day? Finding underwear big and high enough to fit comfortably over bump. Never thought granny panties would be so appealing...wahhh!!

Aw I feel your pain. Iv only started sleeping ok again recently (and that's mostly cos OH is in the spare room sometimes to give me space). When I don't sleep I try to get a nap the next day. An hours sleep in the afternoon can be heaven!

Where does one get these big comfy knickers. I'm in desperate need at this point...

• Advertisement

Ah hell rach i feel for ya. The lack of sleep is horrendous, as if we're not exhausted enough already.
    Granny panties??? Where can these be found? I swear i'm almost at the stage where i'm ready to give up wearing panties at all cause i just can't find any comfy ones. Lol

Ah hell rach i feel for ya. The lack of sleep is horrendous, as if we're not exhausted enough already.
    Granny panties??? Where can these be found? I swear i'm almost at the stage where i'm ready to give up wearing panties at all cause i just can't find any comfy ones. Lol

haha they are so big i almost dont want to say!!

I got them at tesco, a 4 pack of black ones for 3 euro...now when i say they are big i am talking BIG....i went ahead and bit the bullet and bought the biggest size of the full brief style i could find, size 22...seriously i have had smaller shorts at some stage in my life i believe. but they are sooo comfy....not tight at all on the bump, goes up to my belly button so they are somewhat supportive and are really roomy in the bum/legs. I'm actually going back today to buy another pack its such a relief to wear underwear that doesn't dig at this stage! :o:o

I did not get a single ounce of sleep last night....been up since a nap yesterday :mad: have my appointment at the maternity this morning, not really looking forward to it. I'm feeling rather ill actually...been tummy sick since around 5 am....in and out of the toilet. Also, and this might be TMI but I'm so sore between my legs...like i fell on a fence or something. Wondering if any of this is connected or my body is just kicking me when im down. :(

and this isn't related to pregnancy at all....but I just had to kill a big spider. :(:( Pity party for one over here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

girls, you all seem to be suffering so badly with backache, it's awful for you!

I need to check something with you. This is a bit TMI but here goes.... since about 22 weeks I have had a sort of soreness or rawness when I pee. Not a stinging pain but more the sort of pain you could imagine if you'd had too much sex and felt a bit sore after it (I can recall this feeling from our TTC days :o). Is this just my vaginal area stretching and getting ready for childbirth or does this not sound familiar to anyone?

Yes that's what its like for me every time when I use the bathroom. Do you have a lot of pressure down there as well? I do and know it's part of the issue. Sometimes it's so painful I can't go straight away! I have to sit and,wait for the pain to pass/my muscles relax!

Sorry yh. It's been that long i can't remember what "too much sex" is like lmao. Just keep an eye on the pain when peeing and def say to your gp/hospital and make sure the do a dip test as well just to rule out infection. I'm once again have another uti and never would have realised except for the dip test. It's important to have them diagnosed because if left untreated can turn into a full blow kidney infection, which is what happened to me the last time (meds didn't work). Kidney infection while pregnant can be very bad, to the extent of bring on preterm labour. Thankfully i had managed to avoid that, but i never got fully back on my feet so to speak after it. I'm not trying to scare ya or worry ya hun but just to let ya know it could easily be a uti without any other symptoms.

Damnit rach it had to be tescos didn't it? The tesco here doesn't do clothes :-( ah i may try pennys when i manage to make it up town, hopefully tomorrow cause i'm cracking up looking at the four walls all the time.

Damnit rach it had to be tescos didn't it? The tesco here doesn't do clothes :-( ah i may try pennys when i manage to make it up town, hopefully tomorrow cause i'm cracking up looking at the four walls all the time.
    Oh I'm sorry!! Maybe you can get to a tescos with clothes near you? Im living in limerick and there are 4 of them here so I'm used to hopping between them!

Ah there's one the next town over that does clothes alright. It's just a pain cause the tesco in my town was built right beside my estate i really wouldn't have had to go far at all lol.

Ah there's one the next town over that does clothes alright. It's just a pain cause the tesco in my town was built right beside my estate i really wouldn't have had to go far at all lol.

haha i totally get that....I plan out my routes soley on how far i have to go these days...even if its driving. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Is there anyone here who wasn't exactly with the baby's father when she got pregnant? that's what happened to me... we'd only just begun to see each other, the condom broke, i took the morning after pill, but that didn't work either.. and now i'm 8 weeks pregnant :P my moods are so all over the place.. i had been on antidepressents, and have had to come off them aswell. I feel like i'm taking everything out on the father of the baby! i'm beginning to cope though with the rollarcoaster of hormones. it's going to be a long seven months though :P

Ah hell loubain i'm sorry to hear you're in such a difficult situation. It's not easy. I was only with my babys dad a short while as well before i fell pregnant, we've since split up but i'm lucky in a sense as i know him 16 years and we were always close and despite our relationship not working this time round (again) we've still been able to stay the best of friends. I won't lie and say it hasn't been extremely difficult. We both stayed in the relationship long after we should of once the reality and pressure of the pregnancy got to us. We just couldn't handle it. My advice to you would be to sit down with the babys dad and talk about what yer options are as in staying together and giving things ago or not. Talk about what ye would both be able to handle. But make sure you are clear about what you need and want. At the end of the day you're the one thats pregnant and you need to put yourself first not him. I don't mean to sound callous or horrible towards him either. But until babs is here it's you that will feel the immediate effects of this not him. In the meantime you can always come here to talk etc and feel free to pm me if you want. It's not the exact same situation but its close. I've found the ladies here to be very supportive and always willing to lend a shoulder when needed. Please don't feel you have to go through this one your own. There is a sticky on the pregnancy forum main page with links to various supports and services i'd highly recommend you have a look at it.
    (((hugs)))

yellow hen wrote: »
    girls, you all seem to be suffering so badly with backache, it's awful for you!

I need to check something with you. This is a bit TMI but here goes.... since about 22 weeks I have had a sort of soreness or rawness when I pee. Not a stinging pain but more the sort of pain you could imagine if you'd had too much sex and felt a bit sore after it (I can recall this feeling from our TTC days :o). Is this just my vaginal area stretching and getting ready for childbirth or does this not sound familiar to anyone?

YH I have been the same since about 18weeks including alot of pressure and slight pain in the pelvic area when moving in bed at night and like Rach said I have to relax before using the loo as if I leave it too long is can be quite painful. I actually went to the doc about it and got checked for a uti but they didn't find anything so doc said it was all normal part of pregnancy :) but as Thumby said might be worth a check out.

We saw in our scan last thurs that babas head is under my ribs on the left side and almost standing up so little feet are resting on my bladder....might have something to do with it :D

Oh digs ouch!! Yeah just ouch. No wonder it hurts when you pee lol sounds like the bean doesn't like to be disturbed when he/she is givin themselves a nice little foot massage with your bladder.

Oh digs ouch!! Yeah just ouch. No wonder it hurts when you pee lol sounds like the bean doesn't like to be disturbed when he/she is givin themselves a nice little foot massage with your bladder.

LOL bean doesn't like to be disturbed full stop, wouldn't even turn to face the "camera" during their close up!! Despite ultrasound lady digging quite aggressively into my tummy which didn't help the pain. Stubborn like their Dad :D

Aye my lad is the same. Little fecker that he is makes me suffer for the day every time i have a scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

loubian wrote: »
    Is there anyone here who wasn't exactly with the baby's father when she got pregnant? that's what happened to me... we'd only just begun to see each other, the condom broke, i took the morning after pill, but that didn't work either.. and now I'm 8 weeks pregnant :P my moods are so all over the place.. i had been on antidepressents, and have had to come off them aswell. I feel like I'm taking everything out on the father of the baby! I'm beginning to cope though with the rollarcoaster of hormones. it's going to be a long seven months though :P

I was in same situation with my first baby, we were friends, then came the benefits and then i was pregnant. Were not technically going out but knew i like him. He was a good guy, and was delighted about the pregnancy even doe it was a difficult situation. My family disowned me (the whole religious nonsense) and his took me in, i never felt pressured to stay with him and love grew along with my belly.

12 year later we are married and pregnant with no 3. When i look back at the tough times i see them as the best thing that ever happened me. My life was already out of control and that "mistake" put me back on the right path. I could not have found a better man and he is def my soul mate!

Even if you and your baby daddy don't work out its far from the end of the things for you. There are loads of support groups to help and talking it over with those people can come as a great relief for your situation.

I would be concerned though that you went off your meds, I hope it was on docs advice and not something you decided to do because you found yourself pregnant. I been on amatriptline for quite a while and was not made to stop taking them only told to stop taking them about a week before birth, which is coming soon and I'm not looking forward to the withdrawals but the pros outweighed the cons.

I hope all works out for you, i know its going to be a tough road, take a seat and have an adult conversation with the daddy about whats happening and where you are going, there is no point anyone laying blame, you are where you are and may deal with it now, 7 months down the line you have no idea how much joy you will feel when you hold that little baby in your arms. Its a feeling like nothing else. xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭xiwang

Not the worst of moans but am really frustrated about leaking, I know it's urine not amniotic fluid and I have been so good doing my kegels and pelvic floor exercise and what not, even after double voiding I seem to trickle some on my leg almost every time I get up from the loo. Sorry if TMI but would not know where to put it other than the moan thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Ah hell loubain i'm sorry to hear you're in such a difficult situation. It's not easy. I was only with my babys dad a short while as well before i fell pregnant, we've since split up but i'm lucky in a sense as i know him 16 years and we were always close and despite our relationship not working this time round (again) we've still been able to stay the best of friends. I won't lie and say it hasn't been extremely difficult. We both stayed in the relationship long after we should of once the reality and pressure of the pregnancy got to us. We just couldn't handle it. My advice to you would be to sit down with the babys dad and talk about what yer options are as in staying together and giving things ago or not. Talk about what ye would both be able to handle. But make sure you are clear about what you need and want. At the end of the day you're the one thats pregnant and you need to put yourself first not him. I don't mean to sound callous or horrible towards him either. But until babs is here it's you that will feel the immediate effects of this not him. In the meantime you can always come here to talk etc and feel free to pm me if you want. It's not the exact same situation but its close. I've found the ladies here to be very supportive and always willing to lend a shoulder when needed. Please don't feel you have to go through this one your own. There is a sticky on the pregnancy forum main page with links to various supports and services i'd highly recommend you have a look at it.
    (((hugs)))

That's really nice to hear, thanks :) Yeh, i have been talking with the father, but there's another difficulty to add to it that he is nigerian and his english isn't the best. we can communicate but just sometimes, if i say something that's quite irish, he doesn't understand. This frustrates me to no end, probably because of the hormones, but again, i do feel likw i'm picking on him! It's so exhausting being ok one minute then murderous the next!! I attend counselling so at least i still have that there to sort my head out! People keep asking me what i'm going to do, whether i'm going to stay with him, but i honestly don't know.. as you say, i have to think of me at this time, no one else!

• Advertisement

xiwang wrote: »
    Not the worst of moans but am really frustrated about leaking, I know it's urine not amniotic fluid and I have been so good doing my kegels and pelvic floor exercise and what not, even after double voiding I seem to trickle some on my leg almost every time I get up from the loo. Sorry if TMI but would not know where to put it other than the moan thread :(
    Ah I thought it was just me!! I feel so yuck these days....I was fantasizing about wearing normal clothes and going for a walk today with no pain, no needing to pee, no waddling! It's the little things lol

Advertisement