Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

My mother commented on the size of my arse yesterday....my dad started singing the divine comedy song with the line "her arse is the size of a small countryyyyyy" thanks mum and dad.

(It's water retention I swear!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Piper101 wrote: »
    My mother commented on the size of my arse yesterday....my dad started singing the divine comedy song with the line "her arse is the size of a small countryyyyyy" thanks mum and dad.

(It's water retention I swear!)

haha the cheek of your parents!!

Yeah people are interesting alright...I've had some comments that I just didn't know how to respond to so I've kept my mouth shut! like my boss after we found out we were having a boy- (I had bought a really cute girls outfit that i fell in love with but if it was a boy was going to give it to a friend) she texted me saying congrats on the boy, I bet you feel stupid for buying that dress now!!
    I couldnt believe it so I just ignored it completely! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

Ha ha ha i think you have to ignore lots of comments and actions. The one i dont get is strangers or people you barely know rubbing your belly without asking. Ouch, my skin is streched to the max, i dont need you giving me friction burns too thank you very much. I dont mind people im close to having a feel and they genrally ask first anyways as i am a bit of a touch me not.

Well the legs are in the right position because i am getting some kicks up near my rib cage and i can feel the shape of the feet and times when its having a stretch for itself at my expence ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Rachineire wrote: »
    Ahh I havnt had a night of sleep in nearly a week!! I am sick, exhausted and everytime I blow my nose it bleeds and bleeds. I can't seem to get comfy and I have another day of work ahead of me in a few hours. Seriously the third trimester could be used as a torture method I swear!
    I was told by the gyny when I was pregnant that nose/gum bleeds are very common in pregnancy. I used to wake up in the middle of the night, with blood all over my pillow, ugh. I LOVED being pregnant, but that was something I really don't miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Tigerton

Yeah the lack of sleep thing is killing me too. I get to sleep fine but whenever I get up to pee I'm awake forever afterwards. Been awake since 5 this morning... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭sleepytrees

27 days and counting! Fed up now being pregnant. I'm huge. it's difficult to walk or sleep! So much hip pain. I'm also getting really painful Braxton Hicks and shooting pains in my lady parts.

Acid reflux is a constant and I'm fed up with gaviscon. Doesn't matter what i eat!

I'm huge and I know it, so be nice if other people didn't point it out!!!

Rant over! Think i'll have some ice cream now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

The waking up to pee and not been able get back to sleep is driving me mad specially when I know the alarm will be going off in couple of hours and Iv a long day ahead of me.

At the min I have a kidney infection so Im tender and its adding to my sleeping troubles. plus every little pain freaks me out at the moment I dont want anything to go wrong

The waking up to pee and not been able get back to sleep is driving me mad specially when I know the alarm will be going off in couple of hours and Iv a long day ahead of me.

At the min I have a kidney infection so Im tender and its adding to my sleeping troubles. plus every little pain freaks me out at the moment I dont want anything to go wrong

That drove me mad my first trimester as well! Believe it or not the peeing a million times a night DOES get better! baby will move up in the second trimester and while you'll still be peeing a ton, it wont be as bad...until the third trimester! :D (by that point you'll have mastered the zombie walk to the bathroom lol)
    Hope the kidney infection gets better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

oh the famous zombie walk Im doin ok at that only walked into the table once.. DH never hears a thing when I get up in the middle of the night.
    Infection Im hoping goes I get them for weeks on end dont need that now

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Anyone finding they are getting stressed at work easier? I'm 33 weeks so I should be counting down to maternity leave happily but instead I'm getting dragged into office dramas and getting really stressed by stuff I would normally handle much better. Ended up in tears today and just wanted to walk out :( boo hoo. Came home to find a letter from social welfare to say maternity benefit dates had been entered wrong so had to go back to doctor and get another letter, despite phonejng down in advance I was waiting 45 mins and thd receptionist wAs very rude to me when i questioned the delay, so stress levels were going through the roof so I had to leave without it. Bad day for my poor baby it shouldn't have to deal with my petty stressors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Getting mild(ish) braxton hicks for the last few days, uncomfortable little bit sore but manageable, then i go as far as dunnes last night (less than a five min stroll from my house) and bammmmm i'm poxy well crippled with. Ended up bent double at the till in pain and this went on till 3.30 this morning. Gone back to stronger than they were the last few days, still sore but not as bad as last night...I cannot take this for another 17 weeks

scrgirl wrote: »
    Anyone finding they are getting stressed at work easier? I'm 33 weeks so I should be counting down to maternity leave happily but instead I'm getting dragged into office dramas and getting really stressed by stuff I would normally handle much better. Ended up in tears today and just wanted to walk out :( boo hoo. Came home to find a letter from social welfare to say maternity benefit dates had been entered wrong so had to go back to doctor and get another letter, despite phonejng down in advance I was waiting 45 mins and thd receptionist wAs very rude to me when i questioned the delay, so stress levels were going through the roof so I had to leave without it. Bad day for my poor baby it shouldn't have to deal with my petty stressors.

I'm finding the last couple of weeks I'm waayyy more hormonal than I was previously. I cry a lot easier and I can't handle any amount of stress. I think being tired and being in pain from being 33 weeks pregnant has a lot to do with it as well! I would tell your co-workers to leave you out of the drama because your 33 weeks along and don't have the need for it!! I'm sorry about the doctors stuff- I had a load of hassle with my forms as well. No needs for the receptionist to be so rude though! Hope she apologizes when you go to pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

I'm finding the last couple of weeks I'm waayyy more hormonal than I was previously. I cry a lot easier and I can't handle any amount of stress. I think being tired and being in pain from being 33 weeks pregnant has a lot to do with it as well! I would tell your co-workers to leave you out of the drama because your 33 weeks along and don't have the need for it!! I'm sorry about the doctors stuff- I had a load of hassle with my forms as well. No needs for the receptionist to be so rude though! Hope she apologizes when you go to pick it up!
    God it's a roller coaster isn't it.? Feel really silly today for over reacting at work yesterday went for a lovely lunch with colleagues where we banned all moaning and all left in great form for the bank holiday! Haven't faced going back for the letter yet, have an appointment anyway on Tuesday so will collect it then.

I've been breathless all day, my tummy is sore, my back kills, I'm walking like john Wayne and I still have 6 more weeks....waaahhh!!

I have sooo much sympathy for people with chronic pain, the elderly and morbidly obese. I get their plight now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My eyes are soooooo itchy!! They aren't red or sore so no infection just pregnancy related. Didn't expect the pleasure of this.

Plus it's the day after bank holiday Monday and I want to be in bed and for my bump to stop deflating in the morning and freaking me out.

Rant over! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I need a moan - feeling so rotten at the moment. Just puked at work for the first time. Finding it very difficult to care about things people are asking me to do as well. Really really hoping this only lasts a few more weeks - I'm 7 weeks now.

On a positive note, I drive to work and put a blanket and pillow in the car this morning. Going out there to listen to the radio and have a nap at luncthime :)

More of a rant than a moan:

So highly annoyed...I called the Maternity Benefit to check on the status of my application as I only have about 3 weeks left until I go on leave and have heard nothing. I was told that the form I sent in was over 2 years old (this is the form I was given in the social welfare office!!) and the laws have since changed and that in addition to copies of my marriage cert and birth cert that they needed verified copies of my passport and GNIB card as I'm not Irish.....GAH! why when I called twice before to check my status, or have gone into the social welfare, oh I don't know at least 5 times, could someone not have mentioned this to me?!? And WHY is the social welfare passing out forms that are over 2 years old?!? seriously WTF. Shouldnt they be throwing away old documentation to keep up with current laws??
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

The last thing I feel like doing at 34 weeks pregnant is running around trying to make more verified copies, sending them to donegal and crossing my fingers and holding my breath this gets sorted in time for my leave. GRRR

(phew....thanks felt better getting that off my chest!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Sickness just hit :( Boo!!
    In week 6 now... pains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Just feel so fat and im just at the 6th week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Just feel so fat and im just at the 6th week :(

me too :( I'm sure its cause I'm just eating and eating and eating though... always hungry.. except last couple days, just sick now :( Thank god it'll be worth it. can't believe it's such a long wait... congratulations juliasjewel.:) hope it gets better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Congrats jenni and juliejewels :D

My moan for today is i'm still stuck on poxy restricted housework and bed/couch rest which is doing my nut in as I had the older ones off school for a week due to the midterm and i just want to get stuck into getting the house sorted and the bedrooms changed around. It's annoying the heck outta me that I can't. That and i'm still in damn pain from the bh's and stupid kidney infection which i'm still waiting on word back from the hospital on which antibiotics i've to take ffs. And i've no chocolate. Or ice-cream :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

you poor thing... :( i know how it annoying it is when things have to be done but they cant be :( hope you get sorted soon xx and someone brings you ice cream :D

Jennii all im doing is eating and its strange because I usually have a small appetite? I keep wondering is this normal.. Havent been feeling queasy or have nausea since Thursday after i drank ginger ale :eek:

Rant of the day is my back ache .... I feel i need someone to walk on it!!

Thumby wrote: »
    Congrats jenni and juliejewels :D

My moan for today is i'm still stuck on poxy restricted housework and bed/couch rest which is doing my nut in as I had the older ones off school for a week due to the midterm and i just want to get stuck into getting the house sorted and the bedrooms changed around. It's annoying the heck outta me that I can't. That and i'm still in damn pain from the bh's and stupid kidney infection which i'm still waiting on word back from the hospital on which antibiotics i've to take ffs. And i've no chocolate. Or ice-cream :-(

Sounds like no fun for you....and no chocolate or ice cream :eek: hehe you must try and get that remedied asap! (as I'm munching on love hearts) Im finding in my last trimester i have quite the craving for sweeties which i wouldnt have cared much about before at all.

Hope the hospital gets back to you soon with your prescription so you can start feeling better..kidney infections are awful. I've had a few over the years and I know how painful they can be!

My moan of the day is I just feel HUGE. I almost want to apologize to people for the state of myself- tell them im not normally this size. I mean, its obvious to the rest of the world that I'm pregnant but I am making myself feel so conscience about how i look right now. I can't wait until after I have the baby and get back down to a more normal size, less house-proportioned! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

I DONT believe it, 33 weeks in and my feckin morning sickness is back!!

~In beginning i couldnt move from chair from exuastion and real rotten sickness till about twelve weeks, did nothin only sleep and vomit.

~Few great months, no complaints!!

~Now cant move from chair from exuastion and real rotten sickness (again) cause havnt been able to get a wink of sleep for weeks. so again i doin nothin only sitting and vomiting, :(:(:(:(

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

(came here to moan as im all moaned out in my due Dec tread)

Please do not comment on spam

mel1 wrote: »
    I DONT believe it, 33 weeks in and my feckin morning sickness is back!!

~In beginning i couldnt move from chair from exuastion and real rotten sickness till about twelve weeks, did nothin only sleep and vomit.

~Few great months, no complaints!!

~Now cant move from chair from exuastion and real rotten sickness (again) cause havnt been able to get a wink of sleep for weeks. so again i doin nothin only sitting and vomiting, :(:(:(:(

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

(came here to moan as im all moaned out in my due Dec tread)

oh god, I'm scared now. I'm awful morning sickness and I'm miserable. The only thing getting me through it is that it's only supposed to last a few more weeks, cant believe sometimes it comes back!!! Feel so bad for you, fingers crossed it only last a few days!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

ugh you poor thing with the morning sickness at least there is not long left to go.

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    oh god, I'm scared now. I'm awful morning sickness and I'm miserable. The only thing getting me through it is that it's only supposed to last a few more weeks, cant believe sometimes it comes back!!! Feel so bad for you, fingers crossed it only last a few days!

dont be too scared, the second trimester makes up for a lot of the awfulness in the first and third trimester. I miss my second trimester!

dont be too scared, the second trimester makes up for a lot of the awfulness in the first and third trimester. I miss my second trimester!

Thanks for the reassurance! I hope it does make up for it because so far, this sucks :) Although I cooked dinner for my husband today to have when he gets in and only had to vomit three times while I did it - that's a big improvement!

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Thanks for the reassurance! I hope it does make up for it because so far, this sucks :) Although I cooked dinner for my husband today to have when he gets in and only had to vomit three times while I did it - that's a big improvement!

Oh dear, maybe i shouldnt complain quite so much, but like Rach said the second tri makes up for a lot, Ah yall be alright!

Advertisement