Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Uuuuggghhhh!!!
    Test results still aren't back in the docs and hospital messed up the cultures so still no meds for me. Not a happy camper as only way to avoid severe bh's atm is do to as little as possible which would be fine if i didn't have 3 other kids one of whom is under the age of 3. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Just getting comfy on the couch with a hot water bottle under my back and the doorbell rings,,, someone collecting for charity...

Only when she walked away I realised my fly was open :eek:

I just want to relax for an hour !!

My rant is nausea has hit me with a bang :mad:

Well my rant for today is i have to go to poxy mass tonight(argh) all i want to do is get into my jammies and curl up infront of the fire ffs. I don't even have time to bleedin well make dinner (ok that bit isn't so much of a rant as an excuse to get take out) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Thumby wrote: »
    Well my rant for today is i have to go to poxy mass tonight(argh) all i want to do is get into my jammies and curl up infront of the fire ffs. I don't even have time to bleedin well make dinner (ok that bit isn't so much of a rant as an excuse to get take out) :D

take out.....mm so tempting...my OH is working until half 10 every night this week. must be good. must be good. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I need balance!!
    I tripped witht he mashed potatoes spilling most on to the floor,there was enough left for the kids though thankfully.
    Then I slipped on one of their toys..and landed on my gym ball (luckily)
    AGghhhhh

• Advertisement

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I need balance!!
    I tripped witht he mashed potatoes spilling most on to the floor,there was enough left for the kids though thankfully.
    Then I slipped on one of their toys..and landed on my gym ball (luckily)
    AGghhhhh

EEP! I know the feeling- I'm tripping all day long- this morning I somehow shot my phone from the kitchen counter halfway across the floor and in my shock of doing that, tripped over my own foot and spilled half of my cup of tea all over the kitchen floor as well. :mad:

I've decided to give OH the pleasure of doing the mopping tonight though as the kitchen is still sticky from the tea :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I might have laughed at that:)
    mine is away so I have to get the kids to pick stuff up off the floor,bending down is making me physically sick,the place resebles a bomb site!!
    balance is only going to get worse now aagghhhhhhhh

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I might have laughed at that:)
    mine is away so I have to get the kids to pick stuff up off the floor,bending down is making me physically sick,the place resebles a bomb site!!
    balance is only going to get worse now aagghhhhhhhh

I think we both need to invest in those grabber thingys- you know, the ones old people use to get things from the top shelf? It would come in handy since bending over is next to impossible for me and i drop EVERYTHING! I even dropped a brand new roll of toilet paper IN the toilet today :o whoops!

don't worry about the house being a bomb site....the next couple of months are the only time we can really have a great excuse for the mess hehe!

Thanks girls, ye have finally pointed out the one advantage to bedrest. I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Feel so ill today,ibs,nausea and tiredness have hit me a wallop, i guess making up for the good days lately. And i have the craziest dreams since im pregnant really vivid.:confused:

• Advertisement

sunshiner wrote: »
    Feel so ill today,ibs,nausea and tiredness have hit me a wallop, i guess making up for the good days lately. And i have the craziest dreams since im pregnant really vivid.:confused:

The dreams are so crazy aren't they?? I'm still having weird ones!

hey Rachineire they sure are,off the wall bonkers :P

backache today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

My first post on the moan thread.................. My foot and knee are aching me since about 3.30pm yesterday! its getting to a stage where im actually going to cry its a dull horrible ache......... its not a new pain I've had it loads of times before but i was always able to take nurofen + that would ease it some what. I was tested for arthritis before on it which was neg but i really think it is a touch of it as it gets bad when the weather is crap! The ache puts me in bad form!! Rant/moan over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

sunshiner wrote: »

Plus 1

Had some really crappy stuff goin on the last few weeks, so decided to treat myself and had a couple of glasses or rose last night. Apparently I can't even handle that now. I'm sicker than a small hospital today because of them.

I have such a bad migraine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

Thumby i feel like doing the same myself tonight dont think id have the head for a hangover in the morning tho... o god roll on feb :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Had to puke outside the polling station tonight - oh the shame! Take that people who didn't vote, that was serious dedication on my part!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the reassurance the other day, had our scan and everything looks fine - was definitely getting worried about nothing :)

Hope everyone is doing well and Iguana's baby is on the way!

Lol.murdywurdy. You poor thing. Delighted your scan went well.
    Ah missy i don't normally drink when i'm pregnant but sure ya know yourself with the last few weeks i figured a couple of glasses would be ok.
    By jaysus am i still regretting it now though. And i never get hangovers either normally.

Thumby wrote: »
    Lol.murdywurdy. You poor thing. Delighted your scan went well.
    Ah missy i don't normally drink when i'm pregnant but sure ya know yourself with the last few weeks i figured a couple of glasses would be ok.
    By jaysus am i still regretting it now though. And i never get hangovers either normally.

ah boo- Ive had one or two odd half pints since I've been pregnant but always gave me a killer headache. no desire to drink anyways! I guess the body is just so much more sensitive to anything these days, including wine- which would give me a hangover WHILE i was still drinking it haha! hope you feel better!

My moan today is the top of my bump....its sooooo sore. i think its just so stretched, the skin is all burny and i can't even lean my hands on it. I'm so annoyed at this stage, just looking for a little comfort and cant seem to find any relief....only 4 1/2 more weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭missymad

o u neednt tell me.. iv had a few days of it to.. hangovers are horrible hope your going having a nice cosy night to recover :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Don't you just hate it when you are standing somewhere and get an awful whiff, "eww someone let off a stinker", then realise you're the only person around....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Don't you just hate it when you are standing somewhere and get an awful whiff, "eww someone let off a stinker", then realise you're the only person around....

LOL :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Since last week I have had this horrible pain in my back when I sit on the couch. It started off as a mild ache but now it's lasting hours and the only way to relieve it is to lie flat on my back in bed. The pain is in the exact same spot all the time so I don know if it's related to a nerve or a disc. I have 4 months left so terrified its going to just get worse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

yellow hen go to a Physio. You'd be surprised how easily these things can be treated. I'm suffering from all over back pain but I had it on ly last pregnancy and in between so I now know what to do. In the meantime a hot water bottle is fantastic. Hope you feel better soon.

I have my three coombe physio appts booked which i start on the 3rd December. For now, I am trying to avoid long periods on soft seating :o

I didnt expect this until after 30 weeks to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Yup back pain here too :( back in bits and don't even think its pregnancy related - have had problems for yrs! Worse now tho... Getting max 4 hrs sleep at night - then have to wake take more paracetamol but usually can't get back to sleep :( seeing a chiropractor at the mo which helps a little. Also going to see a hypnotist to see if it will help me fall asleep easier so that if I do wake I'm not up for the night!! Desperate times.......

Hot water bottles and nice warm baths (if ya can manage to get in and out still that is lol) while you're waiting on your physio yh. Do the coombe only offer 3 sessions or is that all they think you need? I'm already seeing a local physio for something else so i'm just gonna stick with him. It's too much hassle to get to the coombe just for the sake of physio. Lol

yellow hen wrote: »
    Since last week I have had this horrible pain in my back when I sit on the couch. It started off as a mild ache but now it's lasting hours and the only way to relieve it is to lie flat on my back in bed. The pain is in the exact same spot all the time so I don know if it's related to a nerve or a disc. I have 4 months left so terrified its going to just get worse!!!

ah poor you! I've actually had terrible back pain the entire pregnancy- During my first trimester when all the relaxin was separating my pelvis part of it went weird and I was carrying all my weight on my left back muscles. thankfully I was able to get into the physio around 15 weeks and have been going regularly enough since then. As I've gotten bigger bump wise my pain started hurting higher up and the weight distributed different- I get a horrible pain in my middle back as well- especially after sleeping at night on the soft bed or sitting on the soft sofa for a few hours. The physio was telling me its the muscles in my rib cage supporting the weight different and being pushed apart from the bump. I wonder if its something to do with that for you YH? I mean, it definitely feels like nerve pain sometimes but its literally just huge knots of muscle all bunched together causing the pain!

either way until you get into the physio don't be afraid to take paracetemol when it gets too bad- my doctor said the paracetomol was grand and it was much better to take pain relief than it was to have the stress on your baby/body of the pain. (obviously if you wouldnt be one to take it normally ask your own gp first) and try and get a bump support belt (the physio provided me with one which was fantastic because they are soooo expensive!)- those things help big time! Hot water bottle and heating pad have been my saving grace as well. they have a heating pad in boots for about 29 euro- worth every penny IMO- hot water bottles are great but they are lumped under my back and can hurt it more -the heating pad is flat and doesn't make me have to bend my spine any with it back there!

ok novel over, hope some of this helps! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks rach, I've been managing with the hot water bottle so far and intend on buying a heat pack this weekend. That's keeping me sane for now, will see what physio says.

Advertisement