Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Bunsbun wrote: »
    6 weeks in and I cannot stop crying. What the hell is all that about? :)

Someone is nice to me, I cry. See something cute, I cry. Anger, I cry. Everything, I cry! :D

Does this go on for much longer? Cos it's bloody knackering!! :D

Are you normally a crier? The only person I know who had that would cry at the drop of a hat normally so it was just worse than usual for her. If I'd had that I'd have been so freaked out, nothing makes me cry even with this amount of hormones!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm so hungry :( all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Why are people so ignorant, self absorbed, stupid (??) that they don't even look at you never mind offer you a seat on the packed rush hour train in the morning?!

I'm currently shoving my admittedly not yet too obvious bump into a lady's face who is sitting in a seat with a big blue sticker "please give up these seats if required". She has so far not even lifted her eyes of her garishly pink iPhone...!!

/rant over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

5unflower wrote: »
    Why are people so ignorant, self absorbed, stupid (??) that they don't even look at you never mind offer you a seat on the packed rush hour train in the morning?!

I'm currently shoving my admittedly not yet too obvious bump into a lady's face who is sitting in a seat with a big blue sticker "please give up these seats if required". She has so far not even lifted her eyes of her garishly pink iPhone...!!

That's a tough one! Some people are self absorbed and then some are probably afraid that they might offend you if you aren't pregnant!! I got offered a seat in a queue the other day and it took me a second to realise why I was getting offered it :D My bump must be more obvious than I thought.

My moan the last few days is a jumping nerve in my eye, oh and the lovely pelvic pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Roesy wrote: »
    That's a tough one! Some people are self absorbed and then some are probably afraid that they might offend you if you aren't pregnant!! I got offered a seat in a queue the other day and it took me a second to realise why I was getting offered it :D My bump must be more obvious than I thought.

That's probably true about people being afraid they might offend, but I even got a badge on my coat "Baby on board" :-) They hand them out for free to pregnant women over in London travelling on the tube, and my friend posted me one over. So far completely ineffective ;)

64DAC1AD47204442B22F1AAF1811F977-0000353053-0003725272-00800L-68353646E0F14D9AA59C36B416AFB210.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

That's probably true about people being afraid they might offend, but I even got a badge on my coat "Baby on board" :-) They hand them out for free to pregnant women over in London travelling on the tube, and my friend posted me one over. So far completely ineffective ;)

64DAC1AD47204442B22F1AAF1811F977-0000353053-0003725272-00800L-68353646E0F14D9AA59C36B416AFB210.jpg

Those are a great idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I feel your pain. Nearly fainted this morning standing on a packed luas for 30 mins. Low blood pressure again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Sick of being sick. After a brief respite for a week it seems to be back with a vengeance and I spent 40 minutes on the big white telephone this morning after arriving into work :(

On the plus side Wednesday is my 12 week scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Really fed up today! Signed off work for a couple of days due to exhaustion from a combination of bad back, chronic indigestion, lack of sleep, piles and just feeling $h!te in general. 8 weeks left, things better start getting better!! Need a good cry I think :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Really fed up today! Signed off work for a couple of days due to exhaustion from a combination of bad back, chronic indigestion, lack of sleep, piles and just feeling $h!te in general. 8 weeks left, things better start getting better!! Need a good cry I think :-(

In the same boat, just over 7 weeks left & I've had enough of being pregnant now. I'm actually looking forward to the screaming baby & dirty nappies, I just want my body back!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 kco2010

30 weeks, working 45 hour weeks, trying to close on a new house that the bank seem intent on cocking up whilst living with relatives who bless are too overeager to help and my three year old cant seem to sleep through the night! exhausted, heavy and sore....rant over 😂😂

I've been coping ok with most symptoms, of which I have many minor ones. Luckily the horrific heartburn has eased up a bit...but I'd take it back now over my newest symptom :( I have a horrible ache somewhere around my crotch, I can't even pinpoint where it is other than to say it's on the right. I've had it since last week and today it's really ramping up, great :mad: I figure there's no point calling gp/midwife to ask about it, I assume it's just pressure on something, a vein or whatever, pretty sure nothing other than rest can relieve it, which isn't really practical is it! :)

I reckon I've heard every bit of stupid clichéd "advice" about pregnancy now, I seem to draw them on me. Yesterday I was told that one of my symptoms which actually affects my ability to do my job and means that I have to finish up early and with any subsequent pregnancies will have to too is a small sacrifice for getting a child. My income, what pays the bills, is a small sacrifice? Interesting, I was under the impression children needed food, schooling, and so on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

25 weeks and feeling awful today. Lightheaded, faint, exhausted and nauseous. I thought this second trimester was meant to be great.

Left work and off home to bed for me. Just hope it's not the start of a tummy bug that's doing the rounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Elly_Welly

Ms2011 wrote: »
    In the same boat, just over 7 weeks left & I've had enough of being pregnant now.

I'm just 7 weeks IN and I can't take it anymore!
    Non-stop nausea all day, as well as chronic constipation and now my whole body's aching from carrying heavy groceries home yesterday :(

Elly_Welly wrote: »
    I'm just 7 weeks IN and I can't take it anymore!
    Non-stop nausea all day, as well as chronic constipation and now my whole body's aching from carrying heavy groceries home yesterday :(

6-16 was a nightmare for me with nausea & exhaustion, had a great stretch from 17-29 weeks. Now I'm back to being miserable, not to much longer left though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

6-16 was a nightmare for me with nausea & exhaustion, had a great stretch from 17-29 weeks. Now I'm back to being miserable, not to much longer left though!!

I improved after week 13, I said in early pregnancy if it lasts this way for the full nine months this baby is an only child :);)

I improved after week 13, I said in early pregnancy if it lasts this way for the full nine months this baby is an only child :);)

I feel tricked by my first pregnancy, I more or less breezed through it, this one not so much!!

I've been pretty much miserable the whole time, except for the early weeks, up to about 7, when all I had were stretching pains. I was hoping this last stretch would be great because I have pretty much adjusted to the heartburn and stuff, but nope, I'm beginning a bit of a waddle and walking is not fun, so there goes that theory! A friend of mine has had a perfect pregnancy, other than the bump she/everyone wouldn't even know she was pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

Almost 10 weeks in & my only complaint is sore boobs but they are killing me!! Cant sleep, end up killing him if he even touches off them, the shower hurts, putting a bra on hurts-and the nurse said it probably wont stop!!

Plus all my lovely pretty bras are useless now- i'm at least a size bigger already :-(

Rant over- feels good to admit its p*ssing me off :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Does anyone have a problem with acne and extremely dry skin?

My back, tummy and shoulders are spotty and my forehead is like sandpaper with the dryness.

I know its all down to feckin hormones! Any advice on what can be used to treat the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

I go one day having really dry, flaky skin to really oily skin. It's crazy. I had spots really just on my face and I use a face exfoliating sponge from boots, it's their own brand and I find it really good and helps! I suppose the best thing is to keep the skin clean and well moisturised but I know that's hard when we are out all day and there's make up involved and that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Yes dry skin too, especially my forehead. I tried rubbing it with a facecloth to exfoliate, but didn't realise it was so sensitive, as then I ended up bleeding and I have a big red blotch in the middle of my forehead for weeks now, so don't do that anyway!
    The best thing i I have found s la Roche Possay hand barrier cream, and it is also THE very best nappy cream I have found after trying at least 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I feel tricked by my first pregnancy, I more or less breezed through it, this one not so much!!

I'm totally with you on this. Last time I continued spinning with until week 16 or so, then swam a lot and did yoga. My energy levels didn't seem to suffer at all, not to mention I was only queasy for a few mornings This time I'm a total wreck, and at only week 20 I get tired at the mere thought of doing anything!

Have any of the first timers been hearing the lines 'you've got all this ahead of you', 'you've no idea what's coming down the line', 'enjoy your sleep while you can' etc???
    Oh god my head is melted with these one liners and I'm finding it hard to bite my tongue! I'm enjoying talking about my pregnancy but to some people I just don't bother anymore. Aaahhhhh!!!! Sorry, just needed to vent fir a moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh yeah and the people who ask "how far along are you?"

"7 months"

"I know someone who had a miscarriage at 7 months"

Really? Why the fcuk would you feel the need to tells that??

Oh thank god it's not just me!!! But that's a really awful thing to say to someone isn't it!! Jeez!! A friend of mine started to tell me a story and then she back tracked, she was like nope I'm not finishing that I'm sorry I shouldn't have started. She was genuinely apologetic so I got her to finish anyways but some people just don't actually think!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

There is no such thing as a miscarriage at 7 months. The loss of a baby at 7 months gestation is a still birth and while it does very sadly happen it's rare, this definitely takes the biscuit at inconsiderate comments to make to any expenctant parent :(

I was chatting to 2 work colleagues yesterday, the 1st was saying "you look great, you're very neat" when the 2nd chimed in with "sure what are you saying she's 4 months to go wait til you see her then"! Charming. I had already said when asked that i've 14wks to go so how 14wks = 4months i don't know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I was told on Monday in work that "you really are getting bigger by the week". I should be, I'm 5 months!

The "it's all ahead of you" comments unfortunately don't stop with the first baby. I've already endured months of "oh you'll know all about it now with two" and "you'll really have your hands full now"......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I've started snoring 😳 never have snored in my life before! I even wake myself up with it a few times during the night let alone my poor partner, anyone any advice 😄 if this is the only moan I have im doing well :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Oh yeah and the people who ask "how far along are you?"

"7 months"

Really? Why the fcuk would you feel the need to tells that??

I had this at the OH's Christmas party, one of his workmates despite me telling her several times during the long monologue, that I wasn't going to listen to any horror birth stories, thanks, proceeded to describe them in excruciating boring detail.

Jesus.

Nearly as bad as people who gloss over stuff and you KNOW they are lying - like, my sis was heading towards a section, wanted to know honestly what to expect. So I was honest, gave her the facts without scaremongering, showed her my lovely tiny scar, which you can barely see, explained the pain levels (at my worst, I'd have taken section pain over dental pain any day tbh.) I gave her the facts, but in an upbeat and positive way. She felt happy and informed and a lot calmer about a section if needed.

The mammy gave out to me for 'scaring' her. :rolleyes:

Advertisement