Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I've started snoring 😳 never have snored in my life before! I even wake myself up with it a few times during the night let alone my poor partner, anyone any advice 😄 if this is the only moan I have im doing well :)

No advice I'm afraid. The only times I snore is when I have too much to drink (not a big drinker so not a big problem), when I have a bad cold or during the last few weeks of pregnancy.
    It's around then I start to drool in my sleep too...v.attractive:o

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Sweet jeez us could people stop telling me I'm "waddling ". For f's sake I'm doing my best. My back hurts, my shoulder hurts, my neck hurts. I do not need to be told I waddle. Really. I don't

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Ms2011 wrote:
    No advice I'm afraid. The only times I snore is when I have too much to drink (no a big drinker so a big problem), when I have a bad cold or during the last few weeks of pregnancy. It's around then I start to drool in my sleep too...v.attractive

oh snap on the drooling and snores at this stage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Oh here, why do people feel the need to offer advice, especially when they repeat their "advice " 20 times. One of my sisters and one sister in law are the worst. I am only 9 weeks, we told our siblings a week ago. So far my sister has repeatedly told me to get rid of my cats now, can't have them around a baby, a friend of hers found the cat in the cot so they took it to Shelter. I should bring them now. I should mention that she has no kids or cats herself! I Could understand if there wasn't a thing called a door that keeps the cats out. It's not like I am going to leave the cats in the same room as the baby!
    The sil keeps telling me what to buy. She doesn't have kids But minds bil child a few times so suddenly knows everything. I should buy this car seat, this cot etc because they are the ones the bil has so obviously we wouldn't be able to make our own decisions on What to get. And their child is 7 now so things have changed in those 7 years!

I don't mind advice from people who have kids if I ask for it or we are talking about something specific and they give me their 2 cents worth. But this is all stuff I haven't brought up with them at all, yet they have to tell me themselves. And advice is offered repeatedly! Don't know how I will manage 31 weeks of this. Then, once the baby comes everyone will have their own opinions which will have to be repeatedly shared. and I know my sis and sil will tell me I am doing something wrong when baby arrives arrives. Aaaaahhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ugh, I'm wrecked. So sick of the mental(and sometimes scary!) dreams and the getting up several times a night for the bathroom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Roesy wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm wrecked. So sick of the mental(and sometimes scary!) dreams and the getting up several times a night for the bathroom.

I haven't had too many mad dreams this time but I remember in my last pregnancy, I dreamt that I murdered my husband :eek: and then all I could think of was how was I going to get away with it. I wasn't worried about the fact that I just killed him. So I rang my mam and told her that I killed him and she came over to help me get rid of the evidence and then I killed her!

The dream was so graphic and scary. I am nice as pie in real life I swear! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Saralee4 wrote: »
    I haven't had too many mad dreams this time but I remember in my last pregnancy, I dreamt that I murdered my husband :eek: and then all I could think of was how was I going to get away with it. I wasn't worried about the fact that I just killed him. So I rang my mam and told her that I killed him and she came over to help me get rid of the evidence and then I killed her!

Got a laugh from that thanks! I've had really graphic dreams too from day 1 of this pregnancy, i wake up exhausted from them even after 8 hrs solid sleep :rolleyes:

Cramps during the night in my calf muscles last few nights now, so bad that they're still sore during the day afterwards? Anyone get this? I'm 26wks now.

orlyice wrote: »
    Oh here, why do people feel the need to offer advice, especially when they repeat their "advice " 20 times. One of my sisters and one sister in law are the worst. I am only 9 weeks, we told our siblings a week ago. So far my sister has repeatedly told me to get rid of my cats now, can't have them around a baby, a friend of hers found the cat in the cot so they took it to Shelter. I should bring them now. I should mention that she has no kids or cats herself! I Could understand if there wasn't a thing called a door that keeps the cats out. It's not like I am going to leave the cats in the same room as the baby!
    The sil keeps telling me what to buy. She doesn't have kids But minds bil child a few times so suddenly knows everything. I should buy this car seat, this cot etc because they are the ones the bil has so obviously we wouldn't be able to make our own decisions on What to get. And their child is 7 now so things have changed in those 7 years!

I don't mind advice from people who have kids if I ask for it or we are talking about something specific and they give me their 2 cents worth. But this is all stuff I haven't brought up with them at all, yet they have to tell me themselves. And advice is offered repeatedly! Don't know how I will manage 31 weeks of this. Then, once the baby comes everyone will have their own opinions which will have to be repeatedly shared. and I know my sis and sil will tell me I am doing something wrong when baby arrives arrives. Aaaaahhhhh

People giving advice doesn't bother me really. I just like people that are interested to talk about the pregnancy because it does be all I can think of so im happy for anyone's opinion. When someone is not talking about it im just thinking 'mmm how will I bring up the conversation of the baby again' haha!

And yea you should get rid of the cats and get some vests and babygros lots of babygros, that's all im saying haha only joking :)

ariana` wrote: »
    Got a laugh from that thanks! I've had really graphic dreams too from day 1 of this pregnancy, i wake up exhausted from them even after 8 hrs solid sleep :rolleyes:

Cramps during the night in my calf muscles last few nights now, so bad that they're still sore during the day afterwards? Anyone get this? I'm 26wks now.

same again I haven't had cramps yet but I think they are fairly normal. and at 26weeks I think would have been the time I got them.

I remember at 34 weeks, I was grand up until then but at 34 weeks I got quite uncomfortable and if I lay down for too long, my leg hurt, not a cramp but just kind of sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

This gave me a good giggle especially the part of killing your mum after she helping you dispose of the evidence !!! I agree my dreams are so detailed and so graphic it's mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

same again I haven't had cramps yet but I think they are fairly normal. and at 26weeks I think would have been the time I got them.

I remember at 34 weeks, I was grand up until then but at 34 weeks I got quite uncomfortable and if I lay down for too long, my leg hurt, not a cramp but just kind of sore.

My hubby just reminded me that i got them last time too. I think i've blocked out all the bad bits :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Saralee I never thought of it that way that it's discussion about the baby, im going to adapt that view :D

As for the dreams, that's hilarious :D I dreamt last week that my oh won the lotto and did a runner with all the cash!! So funny :D

Allirog wrote: »
    Saralee I never thought of it that way that it's discussion about the baby, im going to adapt that view :D

As for the dreams, that's hilarious :D I dreamt last week that my oh won the lotto and did a runner with all the cash!! So funny :D

ah no allirog, im only joking. Everyone gets annoyed sometimes, sure didn't I even subconsciously want to kill my mother and husband at one stage :D

I bet you woke up feeling slightly annoyed at your OH for running off with the money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I am totally with you all re mad dreams.

I had such a horrible graffic dream last week that i woke in a sweat....horrendous.

I had a stupid row with my husband and to annoy him and get him in trouble, i told my mam that he raped me. And i rememeber her saying get up quick, pack your things and get away from him. Such a horrible horrible dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

People giving advice doesn't bother me really. I just like people that are interested to talk about the pregnancy because it does be all I can think of so im happy for anyone's opinion. When someone is not talking about it im just thinking 'mmm how will I bring up the conversation of the baby again' haha!)

You made me laugh! ;) It wasn't until I read it I realised I am similar! It's just on my mind ALL the time and it's hard to imagine everyone else isn't the same! I went to visit my step sister about two weeks ago, and when I left after about two hours, I realised she hadn't mentioned the baby or pregnancy once and I was sort of like 'what's wrong with her?! ;) in the most loving way possible!! It kind of consumes you, but I feel bad for bringing it up too much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gracielooks

ariana` wrote: »

Ah me too. Mine wake me up and I have to hop out of bed to put my foot down! I'm 28 weeks.

If I stretch out my calf muscles on any little step I can find throughout the day it helps. I'm staying as hydrated as I can, feel like I'm always drinking water.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gracielooks

orlyice wrote: »

Some people are just annoying! Any area of expertise and they're just delighted to be sharing their 'wisdom'.

Then some people are just so pleased and think they're being helpful, and of course some people really are treasure troves of good advice. I find I only go back to the same 2 people for advice now (28 weeks). It cuts down on the 'noise'.

I feel my first pregnancy is magical and I am in awe of what I am going through but I still want to talk about other things too. I also want to live in the moment with the pregnancy and only started planning and preparing in the latter half of the second trimester. So I just responded to people talking about prams and labour when I had only shared the news that I wasn't thinking about that yet and I wanted to enjoy each stage. I noticed people stopped talking about it as much to me.

P.s I have a cat too, no one has dared say the same to me, probably because they know I'm a crazy cat lady. Hehe. Some people get rid of pets too easily, you can make it work, which I'm sure you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Gastro while 18 weeks pregnant SUCKS !!!! As does ohhhhhh are you sure its not twins ... Your HUGE !! Ughhhhhh ...... Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Im 20 weeks and have a very neat bump - which is so lovely (really it is, I know I am super lucky in that regard) but absolutely nothing fits! My own clothes are now to0 tight and maternity clothes drown me so I have had to buy clothes a few sizes up which dont fit right all over so they look ridiculous. Also if one more person exclaims OMG YOURE TINY!!!!!!!!!!!! I will punch them right square in the face! Never tell a pregnant woman she is huge, never tell a pregnant woman she is tiny, in fact just dont comment on a womans size because she is pregnant - it is not a free pass allowing you to say whatever the hell you want.

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Im 20 weeks and have a very neat bump - which is so lovely (really it is, I know I am super lucky in that regard) but absolutely nothing fits! My own clothes are now to0 tight and maternity clothes drown me so I have had to buy clothes a few sizes up which dont fit right all over so they look ridiculous. Also if one more person exclaims OMG YOURE TINY!!!!!!!!!!!! I will punch them right square in the face! Never tell a pregnant woman she is huge, never tell a pregnant woman she is tiny, in fact just dont comment on a womans size because she is pregnant - it is not a free pass allowing you to say whatever the hell you want.

Yeah I feel your pain....I was told that the whole time....you're so small, are you sure you're pregnant, are you sure the baby is growing ok!!!!!
    I am now 32 weeks and still being told 'oh my god your so neat'. Yet I think I have a big heavy bump!!

• Advertisement

Blingy wrote: »
    Yeah I feel your pain....I was told that the whole time....you're so small, are you sure you're pregnant, are you sure the baby is growing ok!!!!!
    I am now 32 weeks and still being told 'oh my god your so neat'. Yet I think I have a big heavy bump!!

Someone in work actually asked me if I was sure the baby was ok and was I eating right!! And so many think they are the first to crack the joke 'are you are you are pregnant hahahahaha' - eh no mate I am not I just spent 3 months with my head stuck down a loo puking for the craic and the scan pictures are photo shopped and the kicking I am feeling constantly probably just means I need to fart. Thanks so much for your witty input.

I dont mind being told I am neat, but being told I am so small or so tiny (usually in exclaiming tones) implies something is wrong, it is as bad as being told you are massive or you are huge. Eh did anyone ask for your opinion on my size? At least being 'small' ( :rolleyes: ) means I havent had people touching me yet without asking.

Someone in work actually asked me if I was sure the baby was ok and was I eating right!! And so many think they are the first to crack the joke 'are you are you are pregnant hahahahaha' - eh no mate I am not I just spent 3 months with my head stuck down a loo puking for the craic and the scan pictures are photo shopped and the kicking I am feeling constantly probably just means I need to fart. Thanks so much for your witty input.

I dont mind being told I am neat, but being told I am so small or so tiny (usually in exclaiming tones) implies something is wrong, it is as bad as being told you are massive or you are huge. Eh did anyone ask for your opinion on my size? At least being 'small' ( :rolleyes: ) means I havent had people touching me yet without asking.

Only in the last 2 weeks have I graduated from being called small to now being called neat!!
    And it was my mum(of all people) that kept asking why was I so small and did i check properly with the docs that everything was ok, etc etc. She put the fear of God up me that I started worrying that something was wrong but of course it wasn't. Everyone is different.

Ms Tootsie don't listen to any of them anymore. They are probably just jealous ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I had growth scans coz they were concerned. I explained nicely to every person who commented on how small I was how upsetting it was. I Was hoping they wouldn't do it to anyone else. Baby was fine in the end (6lb3 at term) but I didn't know that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

I'm due the start of June and my moan (I'm sure many others have experienced the same, haven't read the thread) is the lack of sensitivity some people show when you're pregnant. This is baby No 3 for me and I'm all bump by the way, a very high sticky out bump.:pac:

I'm not usually a sensitive auld soul and when its close friends and family asking me questions or commenting I don't really mind tbh. However, when it's people I barely know then it's a whole different matter.

While out shopping recently at the local supermarket for a cake for my husbands birthday I had the assistant declare very loudly and in front of a queue of people that I was very big but not to worry because I'd probably go before my due date given my size.

Last week while I was in another supermarket trying to get change for a trolley and again in front of a queue of people the cashier decides to give me her tuppence worth on my shape. This time it was along the lines of how she could tell that it was going to be a very big baby or else it could be all fluid, all while making a kind of a wow face. I could feel everyone looking at me as if I was some kind of medical marvel.

I was mortified on both occasions as you can imagine. Like wtf is wrong with some people? Your appearance doesn't suddenly become fair game for strangers to remark on just because you're pregnant.

I'm well aware of what I look like and thankfully (fingers and toes crossed) everything is going fine with the pregnancy, but having had a family member who had a baby with a fatal foetal abnormality maybe this has thought me to think before I open my mouth.

I also know that they did not mean to offend me but I did leave both shops feeling upset. I would only ever congratulate someone who is pregnant and if they wish to engage in conversation about their pregnancy then grand, otherwise I keep my mouth shut.

If it happens again I'm going to have to ask if this is their expert medical opinion and then demand to see their professional credentials.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

On my second pregnancy i was asked in a queue in the canteen in work which was extremely busy was i sure there was only one baby in there ? I said yes only one and thought that would be the end of it ! But no ! They then said maybe its a baby elephant cos you are huge !!!! This was a woman who was also pregnant ! I was so shocked i didnt reply.
    I am now 23 weeks on my third and another woman in a supermarket said to me last week ohh not long now nearly there ! Which i just smiled and kept walking ! In my opinion i have heard it all you are this you are that , i always carry very big thats my body , my sister in-law carries small thats her body ! I am so happy to be pregnant i dont care what anyone says any more i just smile and say im very happy and i am and i love all the kicks and i cannot wait to see my babies little face !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've got to the stage where I have a pain in my arse with being pregnant - both literally and figuratively speaking. Pelvic pain means I can't walk or do anything even turn in the bed without pain. Baby's movements are now killing me they're so uncomfortable. I appear to be growing a massive baby so am grumpy about prospect of loads of stuff I bought not fitting (not the giving birth psrt, I know I'm weird). At 37 weeks was even offered a sweep to try and kickstart things due to baby's size but wasn't favourable so now have to wait until next week to see if baby drops - just come out already!!!

Oh Angeldelight your post is so funny :) (sorry not in a bad way, I am giggling at the fact that labour isnt bothering you but all the outfits not fitting is hehe). It sounds like you are so uncomfortable. I hope baby starts to get a move on soon for you!

Oh Angeldelight your post is so funny :) (sorry not in a bad way, I am giggling at the fact that labour isnt bothering you but all the outfits not fitting is hehe). It sounds like you are so uncomfortable. I hope baby starts to get a move on soon for you!

Ha I'm in a much better mood today and reading it back is funny! Still impatient but not in the horrors today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Traumatic and all as my experience has been with long hospital stay and emcs the really odd positive of the situation is that I dodged the last few weeks of being hugely uncomfortable and in pain. The movements, heartburn and breathlessness were bad enough at 36-37 weeks, I couldn't have done another month. What freaks me out is I now know my breathlessness wasn't from baby crowding everything, it was fluid in my lungs :O

• Advertisement

Traumatic and all as my experience has been with long hospital stay and emcs the really odd positive of the situation is that I dodged the last few weeks of being hugely uncomfortable and in pain. The movements, heartburn and breathlessness were bad enough at 36-37 weeks, I couldn't have done another month. What freaks me out is I now know my breathlessness wasn't from baby crowding everything, it was fluid in my lungs :O

You were uncomfortable for such a long time though! That is a bit scary but sure how were you to know - we've never been pregnant before!! Saw on another thread you're home now, delighted for you!

Advertisement