Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Penny you're not a faker, better that you get started early (usually 16 weeks + I think) so you'll be developing your strength all the way through, you'll be well prepapred for Labour :) There's no time too late to start either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

My pelvis in between my legs is killing me, on one side specifically almost around to my bum, so sore I just can't get comfy the past few days and it's very sore when I walk:(

On plus side we have our antenatal day with Doreen Buckley tomorrow, hoping it'll be very informative!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'm going to look around for a local class, it sounds sublime! Thanks for the info xx

Thanks SO much for the gym ball tip ladies! WOW! Have been doing pelvic tilts and hip rolls on it this afternoon (sat on it for an hour) and the break it has given my back is unbelievable! Yay! :) Going to use it every day, thanks again xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Doesn't it make a massive difference? Delighted its giving you relief :) I'm away from home at the moment and I really miss mine!

• Advertisement

Aww Jerrica honestly, thanks. The relief was instantaneous, much better than my extremely comfy but very bad for posture couch! Have bookmarked lots of pregnancy gym ball exercises too to help with pelvic floor and positioning so happy days, would recommend to anyone with that niggly and painful back ache. Hope you're enjoying your hols and relaxing to the max xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

I am so stiff these days! It is just horrible, no actual back pain but just constant achy stiffness. It makes me want to do nothing.........Which of course will only make things worse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Jerrica wrote: »
    Penny you're not a faker, better that you get started early (usually 16 weeks + I think) so you'll be developing your strength all the way through, you'll be well prepapred for Labour :) There's no time too late to start either!

Thank you. :) I went again on Saturday and it was super lovely again. We had a different teacher this time who was just back after having her own baby 6 months ago.
    Thankfully my little bump has come out to play and I felt like less of a faker this time around. Although that said I must still be one of the earliest attendees and everyone else is really far along or else my baby is lying straight up and down inside me rather than out.
    One thing I became quite conscious of during the class on Saturday is how the yoga poses automatically tighten your pelvic floor muscles so you're giving those muscles a much needed work out too while not being conscious of it. Yoga seems to be the gift that keeps on giving.
    It also helps you to recognise the early on set of various back tensions and helps encourage you to ease them out before they get too bad.
    Two classes down and I'd still thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is pregnant no matter how far along you are. It is a lovely relaxing class, its all about you and your baby and its calm and peaceful and helps with aches and pains.

I want all the sweeties and cakes every made:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I want all the sweeties and cakes every made:(

I feel your pain. I have a small bump but even that I know myself is half weight gain from a crap diet. If I was eating healthily I'd say I'd hardly look pregnant at all!

• Advertisement

I actually just tweeted Centra to find out where their cronuts sell, can't find them:(

I actually just tweeted Centra to find out where there cronuts sell, can't find them:(

I shouldn't laugh but that's a pregnant lady tweet if ever I heard one! :D

I actually just tweeted Centra to find out where their cronuts sell, can't find them:(

What are cronuts when they're at home?
    Merkin wrote: »
    I shouldn't laugh but that's a pregnant lady tweet if ever I heard one! :D

This pregnant lady is wondering if she is missing out on something fabulous:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Half croissant half donut! Youll have to let us know the locations if you get an answer! Im not preggers anymore but totally want to try one :)

Half croissant half donut! Youll have to let us know the locations if you get an answer! Im not preggers anymore but totally want to try one :)

I'll go to my local Centra this evening and see what delights they have and will report back in full!

As soon as I get info I'll post in full:D Had a bowl of strawberries and blueberries to curb the craving...here's a photo to get everyone hungry, think there's two flavours and there's a filling inside each one...289 calories each, how do I know? Cause I asked them last week!:D

cronado-579x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh that looks yummy :) is it only in centras that you can get them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

3 weeks after giving birth is not the time for me to find out about these tempting treats..! I can feel my belly returning

Ah sorry for tempting you girls, I think it's a kind of 'if I'm going down I'm taking everyone with me' mentality:D

How are you feeling 3 weeks after labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I had one - they're vile and sugary. Really not worth the cals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Flying around after a 3 week old and 13 month old. Feeling great

nikpmup wrote: »
    I had one - they're vile and sugary. Really not worth the cals.

Don't dash my dreams!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

The chocolate one is nice, has a Nutella type filling... Yum! Yes, they are very sweet, but I'm not one of those people who ever think that's a bad thing! No such thing as too sweet in my world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

must try one of these bad boys - my sweet tooth goes into hyperdrive when I'm pregnant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Nooooo I did not need to know they actually made cronuts in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

ncmc wrote: »
    The chocolate one is nice, has a Nutella type filling... Yum! Yes, they are very sweet, but I'm not one of those people who ever think that's a bad thing! No such thing as too sweet in my world :)

mmmm a nutella cronut...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 BroodyAllen

9 weeks and I'm soooo tired today, like nodding off at my desk tired. It always hits me around now. Must... stay... awake...

Also my back's been absolutely killing me lately, feels like I've pulled a muscle. Hope it doesn't continue throughout!

9 weeks and I'm soooo tired today, like nodding off at my desk tired. It always hits me around now. Must... stay... awake...

Also my back's been absolutely killing me lately, feels like I've pulled a muscle. Hope it doesn't continue throughout!

This part of your pregnancy is truly an endurance test I think. It's like someone gives you an anaesthetic but won't let you sleep and send you off to do a days work. Also don't forget your side order of nausea too and remember sussshh don't say a word about any of this to anyone.
    I felt like I'd never make it through to the promised land of the second trimester. But I did and like magic at week 14, a day after I cried my eyes out because I thought I'd never feel normal or like my old self again, I woke up and suddenly wasn't tired upon waking. The nausea lifted a fair bit too and the sun came out in my life again.
    I am 20 weeks now and still tire easily enough but the exhaustion does get better trust me.
    Positive thoughts to you and if you can have a nap at your desk go right ahead an do it. I locked my office door every day for an hour and pretended to be out at lunch but was napping at my desk. Had to be done.
    Use a hot water bottle on your back, it really eases the pain. You can also get a microwaveable cushion which I use every day on my drive to work. My back often aches since getting pregnant and using this first thing in the day sets me up brilliantly. A hot water bottle will do just as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

cronado-579x500.jpg

Major moan on my sweet tooth today, driving me nuts and it is back in full force now the nausea isn't as bad. i've had a twix and a lump of chocolate cake already and now I see this

http://www.ucd.ie/news/2014/05MAY14/080514-Study-Half-of-all-mums-to-be-gain-too-much-weight-during-pregnancy.html
    :eek::mad::(

Shhh, don't tell the cronut...

• Advertisement

Major moan on my sweet tooth today, driving me nuts and it is back in full force now the nausea isn't as bad. i've had a twix and a lump of chocolate cake already and now I see this

http://www.ucd.ie/news/2014/05MAY14/080514-Study-Half-of-all-mums-to-be-gain-too-much-weight-during-pregnancy.html
    :eek::mad::(

Shhh, don't tell the cronut...

Feck that, I was overweight when I fell pregnant and was told it was safe to lose weight, I'm 8 months now and 22lbs lighter than I was before I fell pregnant, if I need a cronut I'll have a cronut I'm good the rest of the time!:D

Advertisement