Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭thebomb

Thanks guys for the replys and advice.. I have a hostipal appointment coming up will defo mention it too my midwife... I thought it was dehydration but I drink a lot of water a day so don't think it's that... hopefully it's noting to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭thebomb

Just read the bellow comment, it very well could be a cafenne withdrawal as before I fell pregnant I used to drink on average about 4 cans of red bull a day but since I found out I was expecting haven't touched it nor coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

I have a few days of tension headaches back and I'm 34 weeks so can happen at any time I think it's just always good to have things checked.

Luckily my blood pressure and urine were checked yesterday and both perfect so I can put pre-eclampsia worries to rest which for some reason I've worried about through most of pregnancy!

Actually have nothing to moan about today except the headaches, our appointments went really well this week, I'm back to the gp in 2 weeks, Rotunda in 3 and hoping the good things keep up!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

thebomb wrote: »
    Just read the bellow comment, it very well could be a cafenne withdrawal as before I fell pregnant I used to drink on average about 4 cans of red bull a day but since I found out I was expecting haven't touched it nor coffee

:eek: Did you ever get any sleep:p
    I'm very sensitive to caffeine and eat and drink very little with caffeine in it as a result. I opt for caffeine free tea too when I drink it. If I had even one can of Red Bull I'd get a racing heart and be sitting up like an owl all night long:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ah, back in the day when I'd skull a couple of vodka & red bull getting ready to go out! When I eventually got back to me leaba my heart would be thumping in my chest violently!! Stuff really should be banned, I hate seeing school kids drinking it.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Ah, back in the day when I'd skull a couple of vodka & red bull getting ready to go out! When I eventually got back to me leaba my heart would be thumping in my chest violently!! Stuff really should be banned, I hate seeing school kids drinking it.

I agree entirely. I don't think it or any other energy drinks should be so readily available to kids.
    When I was in college I worked in a pub at the weekends and the vodka redbull craze was just taking off then and it had a bad effect on the punters. Made many of them very difficult to deal with in a way that other drinks didn't. Then there was also the Fat Frog fad and Snake Bites which we weren't allowed to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i dont know how im still allive but about 10 years ago i was workign as a sales rep and driving all over the country every day and in order to stay awake i used to mix redbull with lucozade to keep me awake driving home every night :( scary stuff i cant touch either now, had to drik lucozade for my GTT a few weeks ago and it nearly killed me

Jeez that's intense but well done for going off them!

I'm constantly hungry lately, always thinking of something potentially fattening I want to devour.....I'm a bottomless pit at the moment but trying really hard to watch myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

i love my daughter to bits but she doent have to share everything with me, she had a stomach bug monday i got it yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I've had a senior infant come into school with lucozade and that red bull rip off drink. I obviously had a word with the parents but it still happened again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

A bad day for the nausea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

First lower back twinges after a long car journey and lot of sitting before that. And i thought i was problem-free!

Note to self: time to get serious about preg exercises/pilates....

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Im 28 weeks pregnant with my 2nd bubs and have a ten month old. Feeling seriously shattered the last week or so. And feeling pretty hard done by. I work night duty, havent been sleeping well during the day following a nights work or on my nights off. Killed with some serious heartburn and pretty sure the likes of first trimester nausea has returned.

My husband is the best in the world, truly but im jealous of the fact he gets a night off a (munchkin goes to his mums one of the nights im working).

On top of that, we are in the process of trying to buy a house. Holy hell it is far more stressful than I could ever have imagined. Sitting here on verge of tears. Just want to go to sleep and wake up in a week.

Oh and I definitely overdid it hoovering this afternoon!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

dizzymiss it sounds like you have so much on your plate right now, you poor mite. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and we've been looking to purchase a house for over a year now. We've seriously bid on four houses and been disappointed each time. It's bloody tough going. I've had my fair share of tears over it too. But a few weeks ago one of the midwives suggested I try and take a step back from it all if possible, and the literature I've been reading about keeping mentally healthy during pregnancy strongly advises against moving house if possible while you're pregnant. We're making the most of what we have for now, and while ideally we'd like a new home, it can wait until baby has arrived and is settled.

Mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

Jerrica wrote: »
    dizzymiss it sounds like you have so much on your plate right now, you poor mite. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and we've been looking to purchase a house for over a year now. We've seriously bid on four houses and been disappointed each time. It's bloody tough going. I've had my fair share of tears over it too. But a few weeks ago one of the midwives suggested I try and take a step back from it all if possible, and the literature I've been reading about keeping mentally healthy during pregnancy strongly advises against moving house if possible while you're pregnant. We're making the most of what we have for now, and while ideally we'd like a new home, it can wait until baby has arrived and is settled.

Mind yourself.

thanks Jerrica. I hate complaining because I love my life, my husband, our beautiful munchkin and our furry baby but do feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment. We're under a bit of pressure house wise. Our landlord has gone into receivership so it's only a matter of time before they adk us to leave and once baby two arrives our financial status changes according to the banks mortgage criteria and so too could us qualifying for the mortgage. We can well afford repayments as we currently pay rent well and above any mortgage amount we are looking for but the criteria is a bit all over the place.

This thread is a gidsend, you can have a good moan without the judgement. I don't give out to friends or family because I get the "smile, dont you know how lucky you are...". Yes I truly do but cant I just have little moan without feeling like im a bad person for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Dizzymiss I know how it feels having a young baby and been pregnant. My sons nearly 13 months and daughter 2 weeks.. To say its hard been pregnant and sick and a baby to take care of is hard is an understatement but working on top of that is just near impossible. I will say that it does get better when baby arrives.. Just try find a way to relieve your stress and make sure you get your time off too!!

Ah well that's something totally rotten to have hanging over your head :( The housing market is the flipping pits right now, we've been watching prices rise solidly for months now and it's so disheartening not finding "the house". And don't be worrying about the moaning, belive me I get it - I've had my share of down days over it too. There's nothing wrong with having that maternal instinct to provide a good roof over your little one's heads!

dizzymiss wrote: »
    On top of that, we are in the process of trying to buy a house. Holy hell it is far more stressful than I could ever have imagined. Sitting here on verge of tears. Just want to go to sleep and wake up in a week.

Oh and I definitely overdid it hoovering this afternoon!!!

I've totally given up on hoovering. It is now the sole responsibility of my husband. I think I may never take it back;).

Mind yourself.
    dizzymiss wrote: »
    thanks Jerrica. I hate complaining because I love my life, my husband, our beautiful munchkin and our furry baby but do feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment. We're under a bit of pressure house wise. Our landlord has gone into receivership so it's only a matter of time before they adk us to leave and once baby two arrives our financial status changes according to the banks mortgage criteria and so too could us qualifying for the mortgage. We can well afford repayments as we currently pay rent well and above any mortgage amount we are looking for but the criteria is a bit all over the place.

This thread is a gidsend, you can have a good moan without the judgement. I don't give out to friends or family because I get the "smile, dont you know how lucky you are...". Yes I truly do but cant I just have little moan without feeling like im a bad person for it.
    Ah well that's something totally rotten to have hanging over your head :( The housing market is the flipping pits right now, we've been watching prices rise solidly for months now and it's so disheartening not finding "the house". And don't be worrying about the moaning, belive me I get it - I've had my share of down days over it too. There's nothing wrong with having that maternal instinct to provide a good roof over your little one's heads!

The house buying situation is a royal pain in the ass. We're lucky in that we own the house we live in but have been trying to move for about a year / year and a half at this stage. We will sell our house no problem, we were sale agreed in a fortnight 18 months ago, but can't get a house to move into at a price we're happy to pay. Also we're on a tracker so won't sell to rent somewhere else while we wait for the "right house"!.
    I've been rather down in the dumps about it and had to move my head away from that kind of thinking totally. I have now resolved to think along the lines of:
    • we own the house we're in now and the mortgage is affordable so thats a plus point.
    • the house was totally redecorated and done up about 2 years ago so it looks nice and all that other stuff.
    • its handy for work and relatives (close but not too close) and friends
    • we have enough on our plates right now with the baby coming in October so why add more grief and hassle unnecessarily.
    • our expenses will go up once the baby arrives and by staying put it will allow us time to get a handle on what our new monthly out goings will be and know for sure how much we can really afford on a new mortgage.
    • the "right" house (or better still site building opportunity) will come along and we'll get it eventually
    • the house we're currently in is ok size wise for just one baby---- I have a LOT of clothes and shoes and stuff like that and have kinda filled the entire house (spare rooms and their wardrobes) with shoes and coats and clothes. I'm not sure what I'd do if we're there longer than just the one little one. Rent an Elephant Self Storage unit maybe:o
    • We're having a little baby, its our first and it will be fabulous and I'd rather have that than a new house.

Thought we'd found the next perfect house to rent (our rent ends end of July when little guy will only be around a month old and current house and landlord too crap to stay) anyway rang letting agent today all excited only to discover they've stopped updating their own website and that listing was from 2012, we're gutted:( Can't afford the rental prices in Dublin they're just crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

In my 30th week now and don't like to moan too much tbh, I'm glad to be here and I've had it relatively easy thank goodness :) BUT my lower back in the last couple of days has been giving me discomfort. I think it's due to the sheer size of baby Merkin and carrying the extra abdominal weight. I've been enjoying swimming and that seems to help but in the last day or two it's really uncomfortable and just going for a 20-miunte walk at lunchtime was OUCH. Can any of you recommend anything/anyone else have the same? Thanks x

• Advertisement

Happens very frequently now for me Merkin, sticking a hot water bottle on it helps immensely. Like you I've had it easy so far so I'm loathe to complain :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Have you tried the exercise ball Merkin? I find even sitting on it or bouncing lightly helps my back and ribs if they're sore. I think it forces a better posture so it's less painful than slouching on the couch.

Oooh I forgot about that. The exercise ball is a godsend :)

I only got mine this week and I find instant relief when I sit on it. I was putting off buying as I thought they'd be expensive... Less than €9 in Argos including foot pump! It's a must have :)

That's a brilliant idea girls, thank you so much. Sorry to hear you're going through it too Jerrica and ncmc, it is really uncomfortable isn't it? I've read up on pelvic tilts as well which are supposed to help but even the thought of doing some today fills me with dread! :eek: We actually have an exercise ball in one of the spare rooms gathering dust so I shall get it out this evening and give that a try, thanks for the tip xx

I do pelvic tilts when I'm standing on the train going to work. I tend not to care what I look like :D Something we learnt from yoga class that helps a lot too is the Tradasna or mountain pose, it helps you to redistribute your weight properly. Between the weight of bump and our ginormous boobs it's no wonder our backs are under strain :D

Have you tried a yoga or a Pilates class Merkin? If it's something you could do even once a week I've found it massively helpful.

I'm like you Merkin and Jerrica, have been so lucky all the way through with pains and symptoms. A bit of rib flare is really all I've had and I think that's just caused by bad posture and also the fact that I'm still carrying high at 36 weeks. In waiting for babs to drop to give some relief but that'll just create a whole other pain I suppose!

I did a few yoga classes years ago and loved it (bar the fact I felt absolutely caned coming out and feeling like I'd smoked a bong or something. I remember leaving one class and very nearly getting knocked down as I was paying NO heed to where I was going)! So I haven't done it in years but would love to try it again, especially if it will help core strength.

Could I just go along to a regular class do you think and the teacher could guide me on what poses are safe/ill advised in pregnancy or do I need one specific to pregnant ladies do you think?

You'd need a specific class - I've done both and each has their pro's. The pregnancy classes are different because every move you do is with your and your bumps health in mind, so there's an emphasis on pelvic work (lots of pelvic girdle moves!), having a healthy back, realigning your posture and you always do a couple of moves specifically to help you connect with your baby. It's immensely positive to be in a safe, comfortable place with other pregnant ladies, you get a chance to talk about how you are and tell the instructor if you've developed any aches or pains. And then there's the excitement of seeing someone in late term not showing to class and finding out they've gone into labour!!

Yoga was wonderful for learning good breathing techniques and positions to use in labour and Pilates pushes you a bit more and it's brilliant for a strong core and a strong back.

I'd highly recommend either to anyone who is pregnant, nothing but great experiences and it's a lovely way to interact with other bumpy ladies :)

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    I did a few yoga classes years ago and loved it (bar the fact I felt absolutely caned coming out and feeling like I'd smoked a bong or something. I remember leaving one class and very nearly getting knocked down as I was paying NO heed to where I was going)! So I haven't done it in years but would love to try it again, especially if it will help core strength.

Could I just go along to a regular class do you think and the teacher could guide me on what poses are safe/ill advised in pregnancy or do I need one specific to pregnant ladies do you think?

I started ante natal yoga on Wednesday evening and it was so so lovely I'm heading off again on Saturday morning.
    My bump is teeny tiny so I felt like a bit of a faker compared the other ladies who are much further along than me. It was different to a regular class in that it is specifically for pregnant women and the teacher has two children herself so she just gets it. The stretches are really good and relaxing and ease out back pain and muscle tightness. I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Advertisement